Who are some musicians you hate as people, but love musically?

Who are some musicians you hate as people, but love musically?

Attached: 0CE31223-D74D-4D2B-812B-940E1FCCF6BB.jpg (1500x1500, 644K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnyK3PUv7fA
ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/thrash_metal_wouldnt_exist_without_glam_says_metallica_frontman_james_hetfield.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IDK some of his stuff was alright but I've never liked his guitar tone. It's too metallic for my taste.

100% this motherfucker. He's among the persons I despise most but also one of my favorite musicians.

Attached: 1558890374125.jpg (480x517, 23K)

>>>reddit

I have such a love/hate with this band it's very confusing at times.

Attached: Motley_Crue.jpg (481x650, 57K)

Based

Why do you hate him?

He fucking killed a man

Oystein had it coming

I think oystein was just as big an asshole as Varg, but what I hate most about Varg is that he still can't admit that he killed him because he wanted to, and that there would have been a thousand better ways to deal with the situation than go to prison for 13 years for fucking nothing. But he can't even admit it, he's still blubbering about selfdefense by stabbing him a trillion times.

I'm also not a fan of the racism and antisemitism.

And beside those things, he's also extremely full of shit. He hated autists, then he marries one, and suddenly autism is a great thing. He says white people have superpowers. He makes history videos that are 90% misinformation and lies.

I fucking hate this goddamn moron. I hate narcicissm, and he's the greatest fucking narcicisst out there.

Apart from all that, I like that he has humor. And I love his music. Both the BM and Ambient stuff.

Kevin Barnes I guess

Varg is an autist, isn't it obvious? Nyeh heh heh

fucking pussy

Attached: Kurt-Cobain.jpg (430x320, 93K)

Everyone in Cream except Clapton.

Attached: Who_-_1975.jpg (1000x693, 580K)

How about musicians you hate musically but love as people?

Attached: dave-grohl-4870a23d-5f88-404f-8848-db39e6508261-e1530527310623.jpg (758x653, 57K)

Myself.

t. Trent Reznor

BASED.
Grohl seems like such a cool dude. Nirvana and the Foo Fighters just haven't really ever clicked with me.

Accurate post

Robert Fripp

Devin Townsend

Nick Reinhart, he's a living stereotype.

Radiohead.

What's wrong with Trent? Also nice dubs.

I've only heard Stranglehold and it sucks, why the fuck is it 8 minutes long when the only interesting thing about it is the bassline?

>What's wrong with Trent?
he made industrial a popular genre

Mac demarco

How are we this far into this thread and nobody has said morrissey

Cuz his music is even shittier than he is

Phil Anselmo

im the reverse with 2pac. love seeing old vids of him and his interviews. Seemed like a really great dude, just never dug his music, although it is good i would say and i respect it, its just not for me. same with lil wayne, except I dont give a single fuck about his music.

cause people who actually listen to solo moz don't hate him

Nugent's only good song is Stranglehold.

literally the most based musician alive, fag

This

Attached: varg_LARPs.png (529x838, 428K)

Because being anti Islam isnt a negative? Fuck off to indieheads

ween and frank zappa

Because he's a great guy, and an excellent musician.

I don't even like his music. He's generic 70s buttrock at its worst.

What a stupid reason to hate someone. There's no way you even consistently believe this.

What? Not that dude but murder is a good reason not to like a person. What the fuck moral grey nihilist edge world do you live in you sad motherfucker

Kanye

His lyrics aren’t great but I can’t deny how good his production is

Back in the day he was the best live performer in rock bar none. Dude ate fire for breakfast in the late 70s.

I guess it helped that he avoided drugs. Think he once said something like sex was his drug.

Lesson learned. Drugs have never helped anyone's musical abilities and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Attached: charles manson.jpg (220x275, 19K)

And he played a lot faster than the normal 60 bpm 70s boogie riffs.

How are we this far into this thread and nobody has said morrissey

Attached: images (2).jpg (521x589, 30K)

Too bad Ted thought it was a good idea to can Derek St. Holmes who was a _much_ better singer than he is.

That’s bcuase Ted is an asshole narcissist.

Oasis, or the Gallaghers really. The shit between them has been absolutely embarassing the past couple of years and their solo stuff is mostly dreadful. FFS, they're middle aged now.

Was Derek getting more groupies than him or something?

No, he just wants all the attention he can get.

yea but I like it when he calls him a potato. is funny

How can anyone not like him?

youtube.com/watch?v=wnyK3PUv7fA

>>>/anywherebuthere/

He’s racist. I don’t like racists.

their early stuff rules, dr feelgood is OK, later stuff is shit. it's pretty simple

Based

>you thought they were ever really about metal and didn't wish they could have been Motley Crue

His voice is ok I guess. I've heard worse.

For the love of god though never look at any Youtube comment sections on Ted Nugent videos.

ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/thrash_metal_wouldnt_exist_without_glam_says_metallica_frontman_james_hetfield.html

HA HA. HA HA HA HA HA.

I'm a huge country guy, usually from the Outlaw Country period and before. I'd bet a lot of money most of them were racist (even Townes has a song that's straddling the line in respect to Asians on his debut) but the music is still great.

Jack Bruce was cool though.

>even Townes has a song that's straddling the line in respect to Asians on his debut
Seriously kill yourself. Talkin Karate Blues is hilarious.

Townes is my most listened to artist (usually ~2,000 times a year according to last.fm) and if I ever make it as a musician he'd be namedropped as my biggest influence. That doesn't make the song not offensive.

Shit, Kung Fu Fighting would be trashed by Tumblr today. Or maybe not since it was a black guy.

It's not offensive.

I grew up listening to outlaw country and never did get ito Townes until recently. I didnt know Pancho and Lefty was his song. I always thought it was Willies. His version is way different. Its kid of haunting the way he sings it. Any recs on his songs or albums?

Cringe.

Subjects for Further Research [1970s]: Texas's resident singer-songwriter (I use the term generically) has always struck me as unreasonably doleful, but when I played his live album to ascertain just how unreasonable I noticed him cracking jokes and talking blues, including a side-splitter about fraternities (not fraternity). Made me take his melancholy more seriously. Unfortunately, I also caught him singing "Pancho and Lefty" as if it had no melody (a big mistake, just ask Emmylou) and uttering the phrase "harlequin mandolins harmonize helplessly."

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Ted Nugent

>hating sweaty uncle teddy

Nobody asked you, Bob.

user never got over his dad playing Cat Scratch Fever in the car as he was driving him to Little League games.

Not the guy you were replying to but I love Townes.
I like his first album best, but basically no one else does. I'd say start with his second album and just move forward from there, you can come back to his debut later.

6ix9ine

ok thanks ill check it out

this!!

The Metallica guys James especially love playing up that beef, they were basically cucked by Motley Crue in the earlier days and never got over it.

Musically though, early thrash and glam are just two sides of the same coin anyway, much of the same 70's influences just emphasizing different ones more than others and in different ways. In a way it's kind of like death and black metal in that regard.

Pretty much yeah musically I love/hate Crue because some of their music I love and some of their music I hate, but I was more going with OP's concept of being a fan musically but not of their person, sometimes they seem like nice guys and other times seem like some of the biggest douchebags on the planet

Attached: NikkiSixx01.jpg (652x489, 64K)