I want to take the bluespill and jazzpill, where should i start ?

I want to take the bluespill and jazzpill, where should i start ?

Attached: top-5-jazz-musicians-you-need-to-listen.png (1400x1400, 832K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C2Tia6OJHG4
youtube.com/watch?v=PsfcUZBMSSg
youtube.com/watch?v=F6ozhnxYfKs
youtube.com/watch?v=h0aSkK7NxSw
youtube.com/watch?v=sMQUFvv0WRY
youtube.com/watch?v=dwkwjOd7MCU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q889itJ4Lr
youtube.com/watch?v=5ofh_S52Uks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He thinks they're basically the same genre

Attached: 1561955151120.jpg (960x538, 74K)

charlie parker
youtube.com/watch?v=C2Tia6OJHG4

Go listen to it rn.

Attached: als.jpg (355x354, 16K)

no

Pharaoh Sanders - Jewels of Thought

The easiest way to get into jazz is to start with the jazzy pop singers like sinatra, it took me a long time before I could get into bebop or spiritual

Kind of Blue, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, Cannonball and Coltrane. Those are pretty accessible while also being great.

>bluespill

Every recorded Charlie Patton song

For jazz avoid any Yea Forums chart and ask somewhere else.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsfcUZBMSSg

youtube.com/watch?v=F6ozhnxYfKs

haven't swallowed the jazzpill myself, but I really like weather report youtube.com/watch?v=h0aSkK7NxSw

i asked this old dude who listens to a lot of music for some recommendations a while back and he made this topster

he said he left off the obvious stuff but the few records i've heard here were great

Attached: wil_jazz.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1131, 516K)

"80% of it is accessible, only a few are noisy ones (eg albert ayler, don cherry's "eternal rhythm", zorn's "spy vs spy", and the grachan moncur) it's hard not to pick a good jazz record from the mid 60s." - the old guy

im a sleep deprived retard meant to link this youtube.com/watch?v=sMQUFvv0WRY
>WRY on the url

Listen to Chuck Mangione!
youtube.com/watch?v=dwkwjOd7MCU

Attached: 51XoZYllkSL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 29K)

Morphine.
download everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q889itJ4Lr

heard one album by them, it was only OK which is a shame since WR is my favorite stand on part 6. i'll try your song.

>bluespill
>jazzpill
Being a massive faggot is the first step.

No, this is embarassing

when i got into jazz i had a background of liking 60s and 70s rock. I couldn't dig straight ahead stuff at first. Early fusion stuff bridged the gap for me. Miles Davis albums like Bitches Brew,
In A Silent Way, or the first couple albums by Return To Forever or Mahavishnu Orchestra.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ofh_S52Uks
Then tracking down other stuff involving any of the musicians in these groups. Gradually this led me to older stuff and the ear for more traditional jazz developed.

Not OP but when I did this, I just ended up diving down a deep jazz fusion/rock hole. I've only listened to an odd 50 or so traditional jazz albumsbecause I'd rather listen to electric jazz. Every. Single. Time.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04-15-13-26-027_com.aspiro.tidal.png (1080x2160, 734K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04-15-13-41-208_com.aspiro.tidal.png (1080x2160, 600K)

This is Great blues/folk

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04-15-14-03-097_com.aspiro.tidal.png (1080x2160, 931K)

Jazz: start with Dixieland (Louis Armstrong), modal jazz (Miles Davis), Charles Mingus and branch out from there, listen to Bossa nova.
Blues: Look at Mississippi Delta (Robert Johnson,Skip James,Son House), Chicago (Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf), Lightnin' Hopkins, Reverend Gary Davis, Bo Diddley... There's a lot of stuff to mine.

Sinatra is mostly boring trash. His collab with Jobim is alright

Why do old boomers suck so hard at jazz? Nearly all of them call Frank Zappa and Bill Bruford jazz, and almost none of them can read lead sheets, nor understand the difference between major 7 and dominant 7 harmony. Are they too enamored with style and cult of personality? What the fuck is up with that?

Attached: bywafflesweekly.jpg (1280x854, 153K)

for blues avoid Yea Forums all anyone will make you listen to is Eric Clapton, SRV and BB King