The Breeders - Pod

This album is fucking awful. Really boring and unmemorable. Easily Albini's worst work. Why do people pretend The Breeders are good? They only have one good song (Cannonball). Is it because muh Kim Deal?

Attached: 3860590.png (300x300, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Az50zv3kLpE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-eBaNfp8s2A
youtube.com/watch?v=TPOnGOE86s4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXYjys3bI1k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqPGggh7RU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNO_wBqbwE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=29DKkmZMTlk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKPpuUgsWdA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=glAeyRcWyso
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7_D7Oj5yM
youtube.com/watch?v=dbN-4CGJrc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because dude women lmao

>Albini's worst work
All he does is set up microphones, why are you putting it on him?

Yeah I think its just boomers saying "HOLY SHIT KIM DEAL THIS MUST BE THE FEMALE PIXIES"
I thought Albini only produced albums he thought were good?

albino doesn’t give a fuck about whether or not the album he’s recording is good. watch his EQD interview.

he does what you pay him to do, but your point remains.

that's a nice album

Fuck u this album rules. Kim’s never put out a bad album. I honestly think the amps pacer is her best one and I’m probably the only one.

Kim’s never lost it breeders are still actually good wish I could say the same for post-reunion pixies

Its boring. The songwriting is poor and unmemorable. Its basically if you took the song Silver, worst song on Doolittle, and turned it into an album.
Pixies songs, even from Bossanova are memorable to you after 1 or 2 listens and the guitars have unique melodies
Pod's guitars sound like a teenager playing the same "grunge" note as background noise which ends up obscuring the singing

>cannonball her only good song
Shit opinion, she has a good 10 or more better ones than Cannonball. Safari jumps to mind as a better song and video

Better than the pixies tho

Attached: 1562043156388.jpg (554x554, 24K)

Unpopular opinion but Title TK was their best lineup. Strongest rhythm section for sure with those East LA guys Kim brought after her old 90s band mates ditched her because they were sick of her always being drunk or whatever (I guess they did reunite in recent years though)

this is interesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=Az50zv3kLpE

never heard it before - its like a throwing muses vibe, id guess before the slint dude came on board

im not gonna try to math it out, I just enjoy the songs. I suppose its an atmosphere-type thing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-eBaNfp8s2A
That Beatles cover though. I was listening to the last splash b-sides and 90s EPS a while back after I pretty much heard all the pixies stuff to death. I love Kim’s voice and thought it sucked they didn’t feature her on vocals as much in the later albums so I’ve been digging the stuff I heard so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPOnGOE86s4

I really liked that Overcome demo, should’ve made the album. I think Kim was going for a sorta country infused sound originally with a lot of the demos but mostly ditched the idea once her and Tanya starting working on the album seriously

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXYjys3bI1k
Remember originally thinking the breeders were good but nothing special but in the last year or so I’ve relistened to a lot of those albums and it really clicked for me, Kim’s got a ear for weird yet catchy melodies, offbeat yet somehow accessible more so than a lot of other stuff I’ve revisited from that era which hasn’t held up as well

The Breeders > Pixies

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqPGggh7RU
Title TK is like Pod a bit but with the songs are even stranger. And there’s also Off You which is haunting as fuck

Not even the best song on last splash
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNO_wBqbwE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=29DKkmZMTlk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKPpuUgsWdA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=glAeyRcWyso

yes. this is the poster that Yea Forums needs

>the amps
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7_D7Oj5yM
That album has some great deep cuts, bragging party is honestly maybe her best song

intensely pleb opinion

What’s best throwing muses to start with?

id do their first studio album and then go wherever

this one
youtube.com/watch?v=dbN-4CGJrc0

song picked at random

>Albini's worst work
I seriously doubt you have listened to all the albums he produced, user. Stop saying these things.

albini produced a ton of shitty landfill indie and buttck. its hardly his worst

Dead is the worst song on Doolittle by far. Silver is gusic. Pod is a cool excercise in minimalism. Kim Deal and Britt Walford are brilliant on it.