Want to learn the piano

I recently got access to a piano and wanted to begin learning but I don't know where to start. Any of you anons know of any good books or other resources to begin? I don't have any previous experience with an instrument.

Attached: space_5.png (300x300, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vphWgqbF-AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn the names of the keys

Whats your reach?

Is that satan?

>Whats your reach?
I really want this to become a permanent hobby. So I would like to gain a really solid foundation for the future.

get a teacher

you're a fucking idiot

>Is that satan?
maybe

>get a teacher
I looked into it but I don't have the money.

I'll try again. Can your hands fit a full octave? How many keys can you reach with one hand?

How is he an idiot?
Start with the key of Cmajor obviously and from that learn foundational theory. Just google where to start with music theory and what are triads. It’s not that hard and a million people have asked the same question and have gotten answers so google whatever your question is. It’s literally easier than any time in history to learn anything.

If you don’t play any instruments already, piano is probably the best one to start with. I’d recommend just banging on the keys like the fucking retard you are until you hear something pleasing to your ears.

I'm trying to work out if he needs to start stretching or not.

>I'll try again. Can your hands fit a full octave? How many keys can you reach with one hand?
I can reach 8 keys with one hand, nine if I really stretch it.

No, you're fine with an octave. Play on soldier

you can google some good piano books for people new to musc and pirate them.

learning about cmajor and what are triads wouldn't help a person with no experience to learn anything about how to play. theory is separate from playing technique

I am also just now learning to play piano and this guy is really good at teaching the basics, and he has plenty of free lessons.
youtube.com/watch?v=vphWgqbF-AM

>Start with the key of Cmajor obviously and from that learn foundational theory. Just google where to start with music theory and what are triads. It’s not that hard and a million people have asked the same question and have gotten answers so google whatever your question is. It’s literally easier than any time in history to learn anything.
Thanks, user. I'll look into it.
>good piano books
Any suggestions?
>I am also just now learning to play piano and this guy is really good at teaching the basics, and he has plenty of free lessons.
>youtube.com/watch?v=vphWgqbF-AM
Thanks, fren.

You’re retarded, he needs to know what he’s playing you fucking retard. Playing a triad is the easiest shit in the world, he wants to know foundational shit. Let him develop technique as he does, but it’s a hindrance to not know what the fuck he is playing.

If you want to get gud, get a teacher. Also here's a tip for further down the line: FUCK scales and that shit because it's boring and absolutely useless unless you want to improvise or some shit, play Bach for good technique because it's basically just scales except it's musical.

Also there are ways to understand music without playing basic bitch scales and chord progressions every day like a nitwit; sure, you can start with that to get a better feeling, but there are many other ways of learning how music works: play as much as possible, read sheet music while you listen to music/study scores, read literature about music (fiction and non-fiction aka theory, wikipedia is unironically a good place to start if you have no clue); just do as much as possible because it will really make you better overall and you will feel comfortable. That is, if you see yourself doing music as a (more serious) hobby; my replies are somewhat impulsive and maybe pretentious, but music is a journey that never ends and learning it has personally created a lot of fun, sense and meaning for my life.

If you’re gonna give advice don’t give shitty advice. Western music is built around the major scales. You want him to read sheet? How to better understand that? Learn scales and intervalic relationships.

Read my second post; I don't discourage learning. He can learn the basics, but he shouldn't stop there or keep playing lame scales on the piano one year after he started or something like that.

Well don’t downplay he importance of it. >FUCK scales
And improvising is half of music, it’s how shit is born if you’re not a composer, and if you are a composer it’s how you try out ideas