32, unemployed, just dropped this album. Be mean to me Yea Forums...

32, unemployed, just dropped this album. Be mean to me Yea Forums. I don't want to be famous I just want to get paid to write/produce for other people.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOrOIaTHzcY
open.spotify.com/album/3698UTJ9WrMlGtFjvpoas5

Attached: 5f943d2a158a90741b012ef9deab0769.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9htF7wyvX8
open.spotify.com/album/3SJn62mGoKYGxpY6wcZ9TA
youtube.com/watch?v=fDkxwdokpKg
youtube.com/watch?v=FuapaQwxozQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OMDCrhzgGoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic related

Attached: a2071243942_10.jpg (1200x1200, 193K)

youtube.com/watch?v=p9htF7wyvX8

my gf likes it, I’m not as down with jazzy stuff

i like this. the loop at the beginning is a bit underwhelming to me and didn't get me into the song, the loop felt abstract but awkwardly "tight" which made it not sound like ambient music or like a hiphop beat just inbetween somewhere. once the vocals kick in though the song gets quite a bit of momentum out of nowhere. i like how the vocals and the instrumental are around about equally warbly and lo-fi so that they match each other. the vocals definitely add a lot to the music. i don't mind the lyrics either and i'm picky about lyrics. could have been 3 and a half minutes and would have been better for it. sounds like something Warp might actually publish

I like the first track. I dunno if I will listen to the whole album, or if I'll ever listen again, but you have made music that is listenable and has some amount of quality to it.

Good job user!

liked a lot, gonna listen the album.

Good job Evan

not sure what track exactly yr talking about, but thanks for peeping.
is it really that jazzy tho?

actually not cringe at all

The vocals are great, the instrumental not so much

first track is a long ass intro and the rest of the album is quite different in my opinion
thanks! hope you enjoy it
How'd you know my name?

what are your influences?

The one on youtube sounds really professional but I'm not too big fan of that kind of music, it just sounds too emotional to me and it keeps going like that through the whole track. The brass is loud, vocal is loud, synth is loud, I get it but it's just not my cup of tea.

Nicki Minaj & the Carpenters

ay success
to each his own
Erykah Badu, aphex twin, frank ocean, frits wentink, xiu xiu, jon bap

Cuz spotify has the album as evan geesman.

I agree the intro track is very different, and I actually like the style of the album more overall after (so far anyway). Gonna listen to the whole thing.

Today OP was a cool guy and gave me some jams to listen to

well its supposed to emotional, its a break up album and that track is the closer to the album. Intent was big and loud to close it out

I was jk, I forget I use it as my music name so it trips me out when someone calls me by name hahah. Thanks for listening, rly appreciate it.

somehow it's sad that someone as talented is wasting his time on Yea Forums (or reduced to chill it here if OP is truly E.G.)

This is truly EG, I've been spamming Yea Forums since day 1, it ended getting me a record deal. But my label still doesn't do shit in terms of press, so I'm still here hocking my wares. Funny enough Ive gotten the most listens and attention posting on here or reddit.

Attached: art-pablo-picasso-1926.jpg (2362x1596, 1.76M)

halfway through, dude this is just perfect, vocals on point, faultless mixing and emotionally pleasing instrumentals, this is probably the album i'll listen the most this month. Thank you. Gonna listen your other projects.

update your bandcamp page: your facebook link is broken, it's unprofessional

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i thought so. really well put together forshure and worth the listen but just not my thing

Is on Apple Music too?

Worked for car seat headrest
Honestly not a bad way to get your music out there, at least we’re brutally honest and will give good feedback

Thanks so much, thats means a lot to me :)
I dont control my band camp the label does lol
add me on IG: evangeesman
I feel ya, thanks for listening :)
yes on every streaming service ever

first EP I release for free and posted it on Yea Forums and I ended up making 250 bucks from people paying what they wanted.

scamming/10
well played user, well played

Oh shit it's not even whack! I ain't gonna front it's actually kinda hot!

What do you mean?
Glad to hear that, I almost went crazy finishing this album. Probably the hardest I worked on anything ever.

how would you define your meme style? Psychedelic Pop? Trap Metal? Hypnagogic Lounge???

my meme style is Norwegian black future bass

but rly, idk, weirdo rnb

kinda sounds like mid 10s indie rock with some lightskin rnb influence

Just finished the album. Liked symmetry and maybeness the best I think, but a solid album overall. I'll probably listen again at some point. Ironically the intro is the weakest part imo, but nothing is bad.

Get a job

>Erykah Badu, aphex twin, frank ocean, frits wentink, xiu xiu, jon bap
i'll pass

Appreciate you listening and giving an honest review. Ty

Got fired and now the govt is paying for me to go to school and not work so I’m doing that

this makes me want to finish my album. Thanks for that

Making judgements on music based off words

>musical influences
>words
retard

unironically good. nice job
one thing i think you should mess around with is voice filters. the first track would be more interesting with a high pitched warbly voice filter like frank ocean uses on nikes

Too late it’s DONE

>words
>calling people retards

Do it, u owe it to yrself

its decent but u gotta understand how absurdly difficult it is to stand out in music. You have to be completely flawless in your execution or do something genuinely forward thinking in multiple ways. I'm hearing jazzy psych but I've heard that many many times before. I feel your pain man, I'm unemployed too (only 21 tho) but just like, never be satisfied with your work. If your music isn't immediately gripping what the fuck is the point in listening to it over anyone else who's done alt-soul jazz shit. I could go and listen to clarence clarity RIGHT NOW. sure it's pretty but i'm halfway through the album and haven't once stopped and been like OH SHIT and you fucking NEED that or you're gonna end up burnt out on music. All the best dude. just keep at it.

>you have to be completely flawless in your execution
no
open.spotify.com/album/3SJn62mGoKYGxpY6wcZ9TA

>or do something genuinely forward thinking
are literally the next words you dipshit

Yr one person and flawless execution does not matter, what matters is being sure whatever your artistic vision is, and not getting caught up trying to make an oh shit moment for people, but make oh shit moments for yourself

I don’t think any of that is necessary I think being honest open and someone that is expressing an idea that somebody can genuinely connect with on a human level

you're right I did completely miss that part, mb.

why is no one actually reading further than the first 12 words you either have to be flawless in your songwriting or do something EXTREMELY forward thinking. of course ENJOYING yourself when you make music is really what it's all about but I'm talking about truly standing out amongst the sea of artists. there is nothing wrong with making music for yourself to enjoy. that's what I do. but if you want your art to grow into something greater than yourself and have a life of its own then you have to be critical of your own work and how people are going to consume it

Don't listen to this little kid, OP. Try to go out and get gigs on local venues. The only way to keep going is to get your music out there.

if you would read through his bandcamp and facebook he's been making tunes and performing for like 4 years. writing more gripping music, to me, seems like the logical step. like, 100 gecs for example has been one of the most talked about bandson rym/mu over the past few weeks and has literally never played a show, they just made a bunch of weird, bizarre, gripping music

No, what matters is persistence and business/networking acumen. Lots of shitty bands have successful careers without talent or good looks. You just need to keep at it.

I get what you are saying, but trusting your artistic vision, and not reading something like this and letting it question your choices is more valuable. I know what’s up. I’ve been making music for 17 years, been lucky enough to get on a label, get some money to buy more toys and make more music. And I have people tell me that things I make genuinely mean something to them. That’s all I could hope for.

Y’all forgetting this shit is subjective. I make what I make because it therapy for me, and I am compelled to do it. I’m not trying to impress anyone, but of course I hope people listen to and enjoy my music.

in my country is going to happen an eclipse, and definitely your album will be with me when that happen. OP! you're the best.

Hell yeah, what country?

dude wtf this is really good. i'm surprised. i guess i'm a normie or something because i really like this. i'll definitely give the album a listen

not bad

i fuck with this, will defo give the album a listen

Thanks so much, y’all are warming my cockles.

Thanks. And FOR ANY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PEOPLE IM PLAYING ON FRIDAY IN LA IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO SEE SOME MU PEOPLES

Damn, this is really good man. Hope you keep making music

Thankssss, don’t worry I will. It’s all I know how to do well, I’ve got an ep already lined up and 40 percent of the new album in the works

whoa, a shilled album that is actually good. you get a pass OP

High compliments ahaha

you’re welcome, it’s legitimately good and makes me happy that someone here has actual talent

your music reminds me of shibuya-kei if you aren't familiar with it, or if you are

youtube.com/watch?v=fDkxwdokpKg
youtube.com/watch?v=FuapaQwxozQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OMDCrhzgGoA

HowToBasic ?

The good thing about coming from Yea Forums culture is that you're likely hypercritical of your own work as literally EVERYTHING gets destroyed and eviscerated here, leading to better final results. Grats on the great album, you fat piece of shit

I declare this official Yea Forumscore

This is why I love y’all

very solid production quality, do you let someone else mix your tracks? low end and vocal mixing is too good for a home studio mix lol

its comfy
imo a little bit too loud in the mix
was it mixed on monitors or headphones?
there's lots going on, many instruments, i appreciate that

Do you think I'm joking faggot
If you wanna make it as a performing musician you need to be in good shape, you're selling the whole package and not just the music (unless you do classical or jazz, and even then really)
Get your ass to /fit/ and read the sticky

I mixed all of it, it was mastered by Wes Osborne (Kendrick Lamar, snoop, j dilla)

Oh and I recorded this is a warehouse 10ft from train tracks, on a budget mic.

It was mixed in a shit room on old monitors. The main piano synth is hella noisy was near impossible to mix and have everything shine through.

Fffffuuuuuuck I'm gonna have to miss it

No I don’t think you are but I don’t care lol. There’s a reason I put my gut on the cover.

Thanks user for inspiring me to finish my baroque shoegaze album user

gl making some buck, maybe youll be able to buy better synth and mic then and make a remastered edition of album 10 years later after youre rich and (not) famous

I get a record advance for every album I do an I buy gear with it. 250 vocal mic works for me. The synth sound I’m talking about was a piano resamples on an OP-1, just had a lot of background noise. I like messy noisy warmth

Envy you man. You may be unemployed but you’re going to school for free, have a label that gives a crap about you, and you’re talented.
You deserve any good thing that will happen to you in the future. Grats, please post any future music here.

Need to remind myself I’m lucky for what I have. Easy to be thirsty for more success or hitting the next level with whatever you do. Have to appreciate what you have while staying hungry. That being said I just moved to an island.

>first song
Fuck, I know those vocals are sampled from somewhere, but from the life of me I can't remember the exact song

Which song? I’ll tell you. I don’t think I sampled any vocals except on Buppy

Sorry OP not you, meant this user who posted the shibuya-kei songs.
Congrats on your release though, it's pretty solid. I hope you make it big someday.

it's a cover of an Eurythmics song but, as you can probably tell from the accent, no a sample

Ah that's it, thanks.

post with a trip from now on so we can identify your basedness

I’ve never done trips before. How?

dl?

www.evangeesman.bandcamp.com

Attached: D6BE625D-A040-444B-8494-5D11661CFAC8.jpg (1080x1349, 1.29M)

ewww Yea Forums-poster looks lik...
>qt kitty
bastard, y'all cute

based

"evangeesman#[password here]", type that to the options field

Attached: E656705F-D716-470D-BAAF-9C406C2BE45B.jpg (3024x4032, 3.7M)

do you have any live dates planned or is this more of a studio project?

That was my cat, she got run over by a train :(

Attached: 2F5B2C22-0EDB-4AFB-9A10-192623C812FA.jpg (1080x1349, 1.14M)

Playing this Friday in LA, and next month in Long Beach

daaaaamn

based

Not my thing but it’s not shit.
Good luck bro.

Good shit

Oh, so sad :(

boring as fuck

>unemployed
>releases a professional sounding album through a record label

how do you do something forward thinking

Great album man this is very good.

I remember you shilling some time earlier this year, I think. Anyways, yeah, it's quite professional in its production value. I haven't listened to the whole album, but I did listen to the song in the YouTube link. Again, it's impressive in how professional it is, but the chordal movement and vocal melody writing are lacking. It's not bad at all especially in its presentation. The mixing is solid, the performances are solid, etc. The main thing to work on is songwriting chops at this point. If you keep improving in that regard, I would not be surprised to see yourself garner quite a following and acclaim. As of now, you sound like you have great potential. Again, this is only based on listening to one track from the whole album. Perhaps the rest is absolutely killer. Regardless, this is definitely not bad and is way more professional and marketable compared to nearly everything I've heard made by Yea Forumstants, so good job in that regard. Wish you the best of luck, OP.

just being on a label doesn’t mean automatically give you all the money you need to survive on, and being signed isn’t considered a job

dude wtf i remember you man, i liked your music. weren't you getting signed? what happened with that? you had that one track that was really good

one more thing i'd like to say - your sound has evolved a shitload man. you're nearing a very striking sound and i think certain elements in your music do that so well. i really think you're close to something like sufjan's mix of elements, though i think you can mix it up even more and do something truly unique and bold. this music is still settling too much. though i get that it sounds like you were very deliberate, it simply doesn't challenge anything

yeah I know my point is that most broke unemployed artists wouldn't be able to make and release music this high quality

very professional looking album cover, i'll check your music out
please get in shape though

>its a break up album
tell story

>Be mean to me Yea Forums
ok, ive reported you for self-advertisement. and thats not even being mean, its just calling you out for it. good music tho.

you look like a kike, reported for advertisement