I’m confused

I’m 43... back when this came out I was listening to Conway Twitty or Morrissey or something... just discovered this three days ago and for some reason I can’t stop listening to the entire album over and over and over again.

Now that I’m middle-aged, music (like most things in life) doesn’t have a profound impact on my life anymore... that said why am I crying right now?

Attached: 7AEE968C-B10F-4B68-AD87-AAA1469BCDAF.jpg (1242x1319, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nojqxeugwSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Morrissey
Based, listen to that instead

I'd cry too if I had the misfortune of listening to some shite overhyped indie folk album for the first time.

that 43 year old boomer feel

It's really not some magical album. If it came out today no one would give a fuck

Beyond excellent album, better late than never
Embrace the emotions and the youth

the lyrics are really good but that’s the only thing it really has going for it

You clearly want to fuck dead girl

I love you Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ I love you
Yes I do
I love you Jesus Christ

Actually I got a puppy for my daughter last week and the puppy died the other day and it really bothered me

this album fucking sucks, stop sucking its dick so hard

This record is actually really stupid and bad

youtube.com/watch?v=nojqxeugwSw

do we hate nmh now? what has mu come to

Their senses

thank you bro, this shit sucks

You were 22 in 1998 and listening to Conway Twitty?

this shit is dog shit

Fantastic album, don't listen to these contrarians

comfy video

Should read Mein Kampf and cry to Hitler

Contrarians? This music is fucking shit, you are a contrarian who likes garbage music cause it’s just that. Hot fucking overrated garbage retards like you happily eat up. Should be illegal for you Yea Forumstards to peddle this shit to kids, it’s like a pedophile grooming them, but you’re grooming impressionable teenagers to have even shittier taste in music.

Who here beside OP is still listening to this album after age 21? Seriously this shit is lame

These sad contrarians in this thread lol
Probably because you're mourning your youth OP and this album has a very particular way of reminding you what you were, what you are and what you'll become

Apparently this guy isIT SUCKS

Nailed it user... Lil Schwifty or 696969 or whatever does not remind me of my youth

that album does that to you, i remember crying when i listened to it

ahaha, relax man

No. YOU NEED TO FUCKING CALM DOWN QUIT PUSHING THIS PIECE OF SHIT ALBUM ID RATHER HAVE YOU SELLING CRACK ON MY STREETCORNER THAN SHILLING THIS SHIT AND FUCKING LYING TO ME ANS TO YOURSELF SAYING IT IS GOOD

So hostile

This gentleman has removed his gloves

You’re the same age as my dad if he were alive.

have sex

I bet you are more of a Chuck Mangione man... it’s cool bro

YOU HAVE FUCKING SEX YOU FAGGOT YOURE CLEARLY NOT GETTING ANY GOING ON AN IMAGEBOARD TO PRAISE LITERAL SHIT I BET YOURE MOTHER IS REPULSED BY YOU LET ALONE ANY WOMEN HESRING YOU BLAST “NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL” WHAT A FUCKING DUMB NAME JUST LIKE THEIR FUCKING CULTISH FANS WOW I WISH I COULD HAVE NO SELF RESPECT SO I COULD WRITE AN ALBUM OF SHIT AND HAVE A BUNCH OF COPROPHILIAC NECKBEARDS LOP IT UP AND THANK ME FOR IT

OP here, what happened to your Dad? (I’m still listening to this album right now btw)

How did you know?

cope

To get this upset over music tells me you are under 25 and your brain hasn’t fully developed yet... are you still developing user? It’s ok if you are.

I think you meant "lap it up"

SHUT UP IT SUCKS AND IM 36

>36 on Yea Forums

Attached: 1518975516489.jpg (200x200, 5K)

I have always hated it. Yea Forums has always been the worst board

SHUT UP BETTER THAN BEING SOME TWEEN TRENDY THAT LIKES TO STICK SHIT INTO THEIR EARS

Can't tell if you are even being serious now

Amen

Ok user... you obviously really hate this album. Objectively speaking, you must admit that at the very least tracks 1 and 3 are quite good...

Not really

Shut up faggot your album sucks, your probably a tranny, and you also have no fucking argument.

Broken back, predisposed to addiction, pain medication, then heroin, then accidental fentanyl OD.

I have tried to listen to every track on this album and the first song is by far the most irritating

I’m sorry about that user. That’s really tragic. But this album is fucking trash.

Not sure if any of you guys go on /biz/ seems to me Neutral Milk Hotel is the Chainlink of Yea Forums or what Hitler is to /pol/....... interesting

I don't even like this album but you sound like a moron

Lol I don’t even like this album, but you sound like a fucking moron.

OP here I never come here but I assume that hate is because this shit has been spammed pushed and memes for years... fair enough... that said, this album (which is new to me) is waaaaaaay better than anything going on in popular Music today which is objectively repetitive, derivative and more or less juvenile - I’m generalizing of course

Except one is based the other isn’t

Lol I don’t even like this album, but you sound like a fucking moron.

Nice try kid but you sound like a fucking moron, I don’t really like this album, but you probably do

This album isn't good and you sound like a moron. You probably love this shit

Well no shit pop music sucks, but so does this shit. I hope you can quickly become disillusioned with this garbage and see the folly in this post.

God for the last time you fucking moron, I’m not a fan of this fucking album, but a NMH shill like you wouldn’t get that people could possibly have their own tastes. Fucking moron.

OP here again... all I know is this has more creative worth than “gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal....”

oh well this was fun, I have a family to live for, it was fun getting intense posting on here about music and feeling like I was 25 again over a few beers. Good luck to you all.

Seriously you moronic buffoon, I can tell you like this shitty album, unlike me, who has superior taste.

Goodnight I should probably wake my own kids up for school, but I’m pretty fucking pissed thinking about how much this shit sucks. They might be taking a trip to the hospital today instead.

>I'm 43
get the fuck out of here. Do something with your fucking life you pathetic fuck.

You are going to beat your children because NMH sucks so bad? I mean I see where you are coming from but that might be a little overboard

>posts on Yea Forums and drinking alone is what makes you feel young again

jesus christ, is there a sadder loser in this board?

This is the last time I’ll repeat myself you imbecilic fool, you are a complete and utter moron. No, I do not like this album. Please refer to my previous posts and you will see that clearly and eloquently stated. I have presented my assertion that you most likely derive enjoyment from this pathetic piece of “art”, as you would probably call it, as you listen to it on cassette riding your fixie on your way to go buy more cassettes. Please, for your own sake, don’t confuse me for some fool who’d hold such unmusical garbage in acclaim. I am learned in the ways of music, while this filth is for the profane and ignorant to indulge in. The meager, dirty, naive “musical peasants” such as yourself. No, you could consider me an aristocrat, when it comes to taste of course. While you are some swine rolling in the sonic mud that is Neutral Milk Hotel, I’ll be listening to Chuck Mangione while my wife blows me, and yes, my son might accidentally walk in, and no, I won’t let her stop. Might I suggest you have sex? Then you might see this work for what it is? Tragic. In that it should never have been made and has been as a curse on man since it’s creation.

You’ll understand when you have kids, that’s stressful enough. And then when NMH comes up, that’s a whole new level of stress. My plan doesn’t cover mental health, but does cover ER visits. Plus my sons autistic, so I’m not worried about him speaking up, im only worried he’ll grow up to like this shitty album.

Well he is autistic so it's very likely he will be into NMH

365 days in a year... on just one of those nights from 11pm to 1:30am I have a few beers and post a few messages on Yea Forums - HOLY SHIT

That’s what I was getting at. Thankfully were a bit estranged from our family. My wife is a refuge and her families dead and after I killed the family dog 7 thanksgivings ago my mother hasn’t said a word to me and has never met my son. So if anything I could just kill him when he gets out of school. Not like anyone would miss the bastard.

Your whole story is bullshit, but go on

Stop roleplaying you schizo faggot

user ...I

Stop sucking cocks you NMH loving faggot. Figures a fan of this music would have no appreciation for true creativity.

This is the greatest album of all time and makes the Beatles White Album look like shit. Neutral Milk Hotel is the greatest musical force ever.

Thanks OP, haven’t listened to this in a while - blasting it now at 5am

This album is actually very comparable to the Beatles in that they are both garbage

One could argue that because of how influential this album was is why it would be boring by modern standards.

wrong, its instrumentation is really unique.

words cannot explain how much im enjoying reading this thread

lol it wasn't influential at all, twee-pop indie folk bullshit got popular 10 years later for completely different reasons.

Still better than your favorite album

It was lol.

Attached: wojak_01.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x823, 177K)

praise bump for one of the best and most important albums to have ever been meme'd on Yea Forums

I like the first four tracks. I generally don’t like noise rock but nasally folk rock does it for me.

Whenever I get past track four, I just feel like listening to Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots instead.

lmao

mangum is not only a powerful lyricist, but also a powerful performer. his presence is great throughout the album. his songwriting is enhanced by his repetitive chord patterns too - theyre all clever melodies that ooze into your mind and let's his presence and lyricism come forward.

the production's really clever too. it centers around an acoustic guitar, but the way it is mixed is changing throughout the whole album. occasional, but careful clipping also leads to a very unique guitar sound.

the general sounds found in the album are amazing too. it's quite obvious mangum and the elephant 6 folks were also involved in various noise and drone projects. there is not single sound on the record that's not touching. a part from the actual sounds, the instrumentation is original too.

i think you need to wash your ears and shut the fuck up for a few years. don't comment on the music if you don't even hear it

For me it's backwards, I'm 21 and music never reallly made me feel anything until
relatively soon.

Best thread on Yea Forums in a while

Yeah but its shitty generic indie in the first place. Babys first indie album

Attached: alphabet soup.png (500x736, 798K)