String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g
chords, inverse chords, and scales
>all-guitar-chords.com/

Previous thread:

Weekly backing track, C Jazz:
instaud.io/3Rjb

1st submission instaud.io/3Rzp

Attached: 047.jpg (340x472, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1NYcWG4RRqy
vocaroo.com/i/s1GBo3Wtb6j4
vocaroo.com/i/s1uKreocMJTo
vocaroo.com/i/s1zuJflPnFkF
youtube.com/watch?v=vO4XE9aHg-o
youtube.com/watch?v=MADvxFXWvwE
vocaroo.com/i/s15oxo2aKozp
vocaroo.com/i/s1XMFGcrgZRV
youtube.com/watch?v=_BzaAFGo3HI&t=441
youtube.com/watch?v=IcPbmPM7epY
youtube.com/watch?v=iWPLaY9SyOY
discord.gg/MTSKA9U
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3oNyxrcWo&t=49
gibson.com/Products/Hardware_Pickups-and-Electronics
mylespaul.com/threads/historic-gibson-faux-bumblebee-caps.118027/
youtube.com/watch?v=1jw_AHunjfY&t=580s.
youtube.com/watch?v=dLvfXgenkZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MOD!

Before you delete this thread, can you give a reason as to why you keep deleting them? No rules have been broken.

I assume he wants the old thread to reach page 10 before we make a new one
dont know if other generals go through this though

This one is clearly breaking the rules retard

SG BEST MOST COMFORTABLE BEST SOUNDING MOST VERSATILE MOST AFFORDABLE HIGH QUALITY INSTRUMENT DESIGN.
EAT SHIT DEAN. EAT SHIT LAWYERS. EAT SHIT WMIC.

ITS NOTE VEN FUCKING EXPSNEIVE POOR FAGS SELL 2 OF YORU WMIC SHIT PLANKS AND JUST FUCKING GET ONE AND ACCEPT ITS AMAZING.

Attached: gibson-sg-special-70s-tribute-satin-vintage-sunburst-4.jpg (1600x802, 167K)

fucking retard. why do you this? underage piece of shit.

>dat whiteboi noass

And the 4 before?

Those aren't the rules though

Do what?

I suppose it could potentially be considered spam

Janny and Mods earning their check today lmfao

Attached: laughing-black-man-8945767.jpg (957x1300, 160K)

This is why I won’t buy a Yea Forums pass, it’s too easy to get 3 day bans for really trivial things on Yea Forums.

you know this thread is going to be deleted but you don't give a shit cause you want to fuck with the janny instead of enjoying music. that's what. kys

Last chance or this general is done for good.

vocaroo.com/i/s1NYcWG4RRqy

no

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not OP

just imagine a big ol' malformed dingleberry hanging between those cheeks, wouldn't that be gross haha

Enjoy your ban

dont tell me no nigger

I'm not a janny you daft cunt

No

>pathetic backpedaling

Tell us more.

Holy shit, third time posting this now.

Anyway, has anyone here had experience playing the Duff McKagan signature bass? Or the Jazz Special it's based on? I'm looking to maybe get one down the road.

Also, recommend me other good basses under $1,000.

Attached: IMG_5108.jpg (2400x1600, 861K)

DIGITS AND I PLACE A STINK KAKA IN SAMS DEAD DADS ASS TO STOP THE ANAL LEAKAGE

This thread is going to get nuked again

Fuck off retard we have more pressing matters to deal with right now, we might have a mod or janny with a vendetta against this general here

I cant possibly imagine why, /gg/ is wholesome and helpful and always on topic

Well then

AHEM

Attached: IMG_5110.jpg (511x671, 41K)

You wont do it you fucking pussy

vocaroo.com/i/s1GBo3Wtb6j4
what is wrong with my D chord?

Is that a fender you're playing on?

its an ibanez, why?

Only a Gibson is good enough

vocaroo.com/i/s1uKreocMJTo

Bingo

Should I buy a fender vintera in seafoam green Sweetwater's got good financing rn

FUCK

yep

JANNIES

Kek telefaggot couldn't take the heat over his stupid fuck altoids tin so he tried to make a new general

Idk about the specs it's a 50s vintage instead of a 60s

Attached: 1315117987709.png (475x375, 17K)

what is the cheapest ibanez or yamaha hardtail electric made in japan

Fretless fender j bass

Post this on instaud.io so I can collab on this shit, its funky as hell and I like it

Rebstar

so you liked it

Do you know the song?

What should I do to sound like Santana? here is my attempt: vocaroo.com/i/s1zuJflPnFkF
What effects should I use and what should I work on?

Nope I was just gonna do some stuff with that clip

like?

youtube.com/watch?v=vO4XE9aHg-o

Nobody cares. This imageboard isn't a sellout.

I have a strong urge to stick something up that man's butt, no homo

>bring guitars to my luthier for a new nut, fret leveling or whatever
>ask him or his worker to get the bass' action as low as he can, and the guitar as high as it takes for there to be no buzz at all
>oh no lol that's too severe you don't know what you're asking, we'll set it around 2mm and when you come to get it you can test it and we will adjust it to your taste
>get some relative to get the guitars back for me when they're done, because I don't have a car
>the bass' action is medium to lowish and the guitar's is medium to high ish
>have to ask him to bring them back to the tech and set them up the way I asked again
Every
Fuckin
Time

you don't know what you're talking about

have you ever thought about setting your action yourself you stupid lazy cunt?

its bait you idiots

Just ask him what tuning your using and what size string gauge
What youre asking for is insane

lmao @ when people samefag saying their stupid shit post was bait to avoid humiliation

Kek

No that's what I just paid him for wtf

It's not fuckin bait

No it's not insane you faggot

>hey can you smash my guitar into a million pieces
>uh, no, this is a repair shop
>WTF

thinking about shielding the cavity.
are your cavities shielded?

Anyone try the fender vinteras yet

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

This comparison makes no sense, you're a real faggot

>one off
oof

Are we talking about 2 different instruments, or do you want the bass side strings lower than the treble side?

Lol two instruments
You're not just a faggot but a huge dumb faggot

That's what I thought, but I never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people that post here.

>calling the low and high strings bass and guitar
>also I said guitars in plural later

Broke gang rise up
Really though Epiphone isn't so bad

Attached: IMAG0234.jpg (3072x4096, 2.2M)

>three guitars
>anime body pillows
>fancy fan
>clearly not homeless
>broke
kms urself

Who is your favorite guitarist? Mine is Ram Ranch by Grant Macdonald.
youtube.com/watch?v=MADvxFXWvwE

not him but that's the standard terminology around here. EBG : guitar DAE: bass. One single guitar, not two instruments. Bass strings and guitar strings. Do you want to swap them? That's insane.

what can i do to brighten a guitar other than change the pickups and electronics?

Should have got a dean instead of epiphone. Not even meming.

Lets see the guitar.

i'm not interested in being memed thanks

I can help you i will keep memeing to a minimum

What's up with that Tele?

>tfw still banned from the /gg/ discord for making fun of that kid with the epiphone after the channel admin told me that there's no way i could ever tell the difference between a gibson and an epiphone
who here /autistic/?

It has autism

I'm 20 and have been playing jazz and classical piano for all my life. I bought a guitar and I can play basic chords but I'm overall trash right now. If I follow the justinguitar lesson plan, how long will it take me to become proficient? Please don't tell me to fuck off right away

nobody knows how long you'll practice or what you consider proficient

What's the discord invite?

Attached: 1561395861916.jpg (466x474, 16K)

30 minutes to an hour a day every day, and I wanna be able to comp and solo over jazz standards

i want one but im a little afraid its made of 2 piece asian mahogany yeah that, im afraid epis are made of small pieces of wood.

Self conscious about the brand because I never heard of it

Attached: IMAG0237.jpg (3072x4096, 2M)

>tfw Epiphone guitars are literally made of reclaimed drift wood

that's cool

sand it off and add fender decal

get the cheapest. all basses sound the same

how's my chord progression?

vocaroo.com/i/s15oxo2aKozp

>all basses sound the same
KYS

I love my $120 bass desu

Attached: 1423442456397.png (350x400, 550K)

>he's not man enough to own a Gibson

Attached: 1547573662445.jpg (333x310, 77K)

its a track off of my upcoming /gg/ autism themed album

this next one is my theme song for when you post your gear pic and an user compliments it and it really activates your almonds:

vocaroo.com/i/s1XMFGcrgZRV

Why are you getting so autistic over a shitty plank of wood lately? All electric guitars are basically the same. And why so angry over WMIC shit? Everyone already agrees they're cheap shit for beginners ala mexican fender. Nobody ever said otherwise.

Let me guess, you bought a gibson SG and are starting to regret it? Kind of like that gibshill that has the les paul because he likes K-on but shitposts instead of practicing.

it's a running theme in /gg/

>buy expensive guitar
>hardly ever play
>suck at guitar
>tell everyone online that your guitar is the best and anyone who doesn't have one is gay and poor
>feel good about yourself but only once everyone agrees that even though you can't play it, you own the best guitar ever

it even happened with poorfags and deans. to them, deans are expensive...

this is bullshit. pickups and fretwork go a long way on a bass.

youtube.com/watch?v=_BzaAFGo3HI&t=441

we all know you want it because of chisato

you do you, nobody will ever suspect that you're emulating an animated 16 year old girl

As someone with a MIM strat, it annoys me that every cool new guitar fender make is also Mexican. I wanted an excuse to get an MIA because of muh build quality and resale value, but it just isn't worth it.
So yes, get the vintera

if you want cool high end guitars you don't buy from a boomer company like fender. they don't sell guitars, they sell fenders. simple stuff. gibson is the same. they're deep into their brand image and are retaining customers by being fender instead of being good. it's a solid strategy. it says fender on the headstock and america on the back of it so you know what you're going to get.

there are tons of smaller shops like kiesel and mayones out there, and bigger names like ESP.

>they don't sell guitars, they sell fenders. simple stuff. gibson is the same.
what does this even mean

They're going to keep making the same shit over and over again and you're going to like it.

So can someone explain to me the hate towards Prs? I just don't understand the meme

people can't afford them

Only problem I have with Paul Reed Smith guitars is the tone isn't really distinct from any other high end humbucker guitar. Not saying tone is bad, it's great. Just not really unique in any way.

Of course build quality is great, and the design offers a nice modern alternative to vintage style MIA guitars.

He's not the only american that isn't stuck in the past and worshipping rock n roll/blues

But he was the most aggressive in getting his shit out there and was the best at taking care of the customer and delivering good shit every time. For the prices he charges he better be.

Whitebois have nice asses tho. Idk where the noass critique comes from.

What are some good begginer bases?

Headstock looks retarded
Tho the old school Santana one was fine

PRS is an aggressive as hell salesman

i don't think he even believes the tonewood shit and just uses it as a sales pitch because it gives people something to justify their purchase with

The truth is if you need anything other than what Fender or Gibson have to offer then you're 100% delving into some retarded memeshit music one way or the other. Which is fine just expect 99.9% of your potential audience to balk at whatever bullshit garbage music you've decided you need a special snowflake guitar to play it with.

You can argue otherwise but you'll be wrong.

Attached: 8ysvstlsie501.jpg (3036x4048, 1.39M)

>Memeshit
This guy plays authentic

is djent the new hair metal?

I'm angry not because I don't like your guitars. They're fine. You can put up with them, and that's what matters. If you play a guitar you don't like and sound like trash that's my ears on the line. I'm angry because you talk like guitar choice is so linked to genre that if someone doesn't like fender necks and buys an ibanez, they must be playing trap metal.

And that's just fucking stupid.

The only things that make noise are the pickups and the strings. Everything else is player comfort and tuning stability, sometimes even intonation, and that shit has come a long fucking way since the mid 20th century.

So I guess if I grab a headless guitar with intonated frets I might be playing the blues but to you I'm fucking ridiculous for not playing some vintage rock and roll axe that is, to me, the old school version of the teenage metalhead guitar.

>the old school version of the teenage metalhead guitar
Yea Forums 2119
"Goddamn kid put that embarassing shit away, if you need anything but an ibanez RG your music is a fucking joke or you're a fucking joke, pick one or more"

allan holdsworth doesn't need a headless single pickup guitar to play his music

he just wants one

youtube.com/watch?v=IcPbmPM7epY

the chad who does what he wants and lets his talent speak for itself
vs
the virgin who plays generic, well known vintage models because he's afraid of people making fun of him for showing up with a flashy guitar he can barely play

wrong allan chadsworth

youtube.com/watch?v=iWPLaY9SyOY

steve vai was a fuckin moron aye he was just being a fag with that ibenhad, shoulda played a gibson sg, the most economical, ergonomic, best sounding guitar ever made

This general sucks ass

what pick do you use /gg/? I've enjoyed using pic related, but I haven't tried many.

Attached: Cool-Picks-Juratex-Guitar-Pick-8-picks.jpg (350x400, 11K)

I use Dunlop 1.14mm triangle boys
But every so often I switch to the bang dream ESP triangles I swear by them.

ew

or buy a vintage model

>allan memesworth (i.e. retarded memeshit musician)
Lmao case in point, perfectly illustrated.

No one outside of a handful of guitars dweebs knows or cares about who this guy is or the music he played. He's one of those. The fact that he started playing meme guitars as he spiraled towards irrelevancy in the music world should have been your first clue but... alas, blinded by your autism's glaring yet again.

And you probably thought you made a valid point too, that's the best part.

Attached: 1518071758533.jpg (630x432, 37K)

I hate guitarists that just play for other guitarists so much

Attached: pdzv2j-joshsmith-master.jpg (600x400, 31K)

Yeah, they came up with a name for it and everything. Circle jerk has such a negative connotation though and I wouldn't want to cause any offense.

If you need anything else than harley benton and a good pickup set you are fucking trash and wasting money

Attached: 15d64021.jpg (640x468, 22K)

>playing guitar on anything other than a rubber band you found on the floor
Turbo pleb, kill yourself.

>Turbo pleb
And off to r/guitar, you faggot

i will never understand how you fags go all out in making this general as shit as possible

really, what could you possibly gain from doing this?

(You)'s

Also

GOOD MORNING FAGGOTS

Attached: 20190205_202959(1).jpg (1815x2754, 894K)

No, retard, I just wanted him to set my bass guitar's action the lowest that he could and the electric guitar as high as needed to have no buzz at all. That's all.

Paint it glitter and leave it under the sun..l that's as bright as it gets

Can you even play 'Neon'? lol maybe get off the internet and go practice.

Attached: why-john-mayer-ditched-alcohol-for-weed-2.jpg (1000x600, 52K)

My condor Les Paul is made of 3 pieces only

discord.gg/MTSKA9U

I don't care about my playing or my singing or my mixing or any musical skill, I just want to work, get home tired, waste myself and sleep

Does anybody have thoughts on which way I should go in trying to get a nice 50’s style Broadcaster or Telecaster?

I would generally want the blackguard look, but the new 50’s Vintera Telecaster In Fiesta Red would be appealing if it had nitro instead of a poly finish. There’d probably be a couple kinks to work out, but nothing that a good setup and a pickup switch wouldn’t fix.

Attached: 14E809E9-1104-41C8-865C-219B4B191325.jpg (800x800, 26K)

i popped the high e while restringing /gg/

Attached: q.jpg (563x559, 60K)

Why are s*yboys so triggered by the lawsuit?

Attached: Dean Single Cutaway.png (1333x2000, 1.94M)

>mfw this thread is still up with an nsfw image
fuck is wrong with the mods here

Attached: sausage fest.gif (400x274, 1.86M)

I swear to god Blue Chip picks are amazing. You may look at the price tag and think it couldn’t be worth it, but if you try one, you’ll understand.

Attached: 0E95CB58-1F61-41BA-B039-81B7DAAD564E.png (591x531, 262K)

However, if you’re still starting out you should probably wait until you have a bit more experience before moving to them to shop around more standard picks and see what sort of shape and thickness you like.

this kills the s*yboy

Attached: Keef Les Paul.jpg (658x960, 79K)

Dunlop .60 Nylon for acoustic, .73 nylon for mandolin and 1mm Tortex for electric.

What a massive fucking waste of money these things are, just for total posers.

I cancelled my lessons guys.
It was some weird group session stuff that they didn't tell me about before I contacted them.

What do I do now.

nobody cares

Take Skype lessons with me
Im a good guitarist and know my shit

It’s not gonna be for everybody, but they’re really high quality and I swear by them.

Thinking of putting a Duncan JB into this Strat clone as sort of an homage to Kurt Cobain's "Vandalism" Strat. Thoughts?

Also, what are some good replacement nuts? The one on it currently broke to the left of the low E.

Attached: IMG_5055.png (750x1334, 1.96M)

I've starting doing all the luthier work for my guitars and honestly I couldn't go back now.

I usually set them up myself but I had do bring them to the luthier for filling and installing a locking bridge and to straighten the bass' neck

Lol, or course

Does anyone else give up learning something because it's too complex so and think you'll come back to it when you're more skilled? Is this a bad habit

Where do I sign up user I've been meaning to take lessons again

You have a website or lessons online?

Depends I plateued for the longest time because I would only learn songs with cowboy chords now I'm forcing myself to learn riffs and understand what I'm doing musically and I'm improving much more steadily

Picture Sammy vigorously humping his dad's mouth, which has an onahole plugging it
Should make a metal concept album about it

Make it a shoegaze album

As long as you're not literally giving up on everything, no.

Anyone got experience with Hofner Galaxie guitars?

>pic related

Attached: download (3).jpg (193x260, 6K)

>He isn't a rock star (Read: pop music artist) so he sucks
>Do not play guitars that haven't been made popular by mid 20th century pop artists
>We now return to talking shit about some brazilian's dad

Yeah, this general is fucking trash.

It's almost like there's some autist that's dedicated to posting the most ignorant, irrational, and inflammatory garbage possible and he finds a new topic every few weeks after he's sick of being BTFO by facts and logic, almost like he wants the general dead.

>one of the most influential guitarists of all time
>irrelevant
Have a (You)

I have a Gibson Sg and a EVH 5150 III what pedals do I need? the tone is pretty clean in itself but I wanna just spice things up a bit

Yea Forums has always been chock full of people who are obsessed with image management and avoid everything but the safest and most generic path because they were bullied in school and have a pathological fear of going through it all again

Listen to pop and rap. Play a strat or a gibson, no ibanez allowed. Wear a watch, khakis, and a polo. Use windows or a macbook. Do not let anyone find out you play video games. Drive an American car with a v8. No, a truck.

Now while you're doing that also be secretly into trap porn, alternative nazi ideology, and lolicon anime. And god, you wish you were 6'2", "men" under that height are prime bullying material.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- this is perhaps the absolute worst general on Yea Forums for actual discussion of its ostensible topic. There's a solid 20% of users here who know what they're doing and they try to redeem it, but the rest is bottom of the barrel memeing and shitposting of absolutely no worth

there is some autist. he owns a les paul and a strat and likes anime. he posted his playing once it and sucked and admitted that he doesn't practice because he's too busy shitposting.

if you call him out enough the kaka, sam's dad, and gibson SG posting will all stop for a few hours and he'll show up with his anime girl avatars.

Are these the god-picks? Would Steve Vai or Tim Henson use them?

Gonna use them to strum my ibanez, since I only play guitars that are used by actual talent.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x683, 88K)

No

I feel sick

yes, these picks make your tone better. arisa ichigaya in particular is so well known as a tone-waifu that every paul reed smith guitar has to listen to
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3oNyxrcWo&t=49
for 2 hours before leaving the factory to give its tone that extra punch

If Im left handed and buy a right handed telecaster pickguard, can i just flip it?

No.

But they are symmetrical aren't they?

Ibanez is literally for kids who got bullied

the edges are normally beveled

PRS confirmed for making the best guitars at every price point

Ibanez is for kids who get bullied
Gibson and Fender are for kids who got bullied

Real chads play Martin and Taylor.

Dean is for people who bully kids

If it's beveled, no
And some pickguards aren't polished on the bottom side so you could end up with a matte pickguard

Dean is for kids who were bullies but turned out to be repressed homosexuals.

anyone here try the seth lover duncans? do you like em?

only a gibson is good enough

see: gibson.com/Products/Hardware_Pickups-and-Electronics

Thanks fellas

Attached: 1554336411869.jpg (540x540, 61K)

You'll also need pic related for even better tone.

Attached: 71nj85tkQWL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 292K)

>$124 tone capacitors

fucking guitarists man

Thats condor.

> waah mods won't let me shitpost

and inside the gibson tone capacitor is
mylespaul.com/threads/historic-gibson-faux-bumblebee-caps.118027/
a regular capacitor

only a gibson is good enough

Hi guys,
I got given pic related.
It's about 10 years old, well looked after as far as I can tell.

Been practising with it every day for about 2 months. Like how it feels, don't like the look but can change that.

Thinking about switching up the pick ups. As much to make it look more to my tastes as improve sound.
Are they active or passive in this thing?
If it's active is the battery likely to be ok after 10 years? It seems to work fine with my baby amp.

What would be good to stick in the neck slot if I want classic 60's tones? A seymour duncan?

And if I wanted to shred at the bridge would an EMG humbucker be good?

It has a 5 way blade but I am not actually sure what every stage activates I just know 1=bridge, 3 Middle, 5= Neck.

Any advice would be appreciated if anyone has any experience with one of these.

Attached: rgx 121z.png (519x514, 168K)

Bros, how do I fix this shit? (not mine, but I'll probably buy it)

Attached: damage.jpg (970x798, 34K)

Hit me up on Facebook or Instagram, it's samuel.cfaria

I wasn't a bully in middle School and traps are not gay.

I'd kill for my guitar to have that genuinely

By removing the finish sanding the body and refinishing it.

If it doesn't have a battery box they're not active pickups

Don't buy fancy pickups if you don't have a "real" amp

Don't fix it just use that as an excuse to make him sell it for cheaper and say you'll have to spend x to fix it but instead you buy it and spend the extra money on pickups or some shit mod

>visibly thick finish

If this isn't your first cheap starter guitar don't buy it.

Hello, guys. I wanna play something like this: youtube.com/watch?v=1jw_AHunjfY&t=580s. What guitar pedals do i need to make noisy punk rock?

Get on the estrogen and dilate every day

Not sure what pedals she uses and I can't find her rig anywhere, but I would think any kind of overdrive or distortion and a bit of reverb could get you fairly close. So pretty much a Boss OD-1 and an ehx Holy Grail (or a clone of it) if you don't have an amp with a reverb tank

thx

Like said, focus on your amp before your guitar
Or get an audio interface and Guitar Rig or some amp sim
A shit guitar can sound godly through a good amp, but a great guitar will always sound like shit through one of those shitty practice amps

It's a Yamaha THR5 - Is that shit?
I also have access to an Orange Stack and a Mesa Boogie, but I don't have much space at home or knowledge on how to get goodness out of them.

there are two principle styles of electric guitar, american and east asian

the american style is defined by the gretsch semi-hollow and hollowbodies, the fender stratocaster, the fender telecaster, and the gibson les paul. american style instruments tend to be heavily biased towards one genre or another, having features that favor the tones and playing style of the genre. on average, players of american style guitars focus on low and mid-range notes and rhythmic, chord-laden playing. gibsons, out of all of them, are the least genre specific.

the east asian style is defined by the ibanez RG and ESP E-II/M-II and is a derivative of choice elements from the american style. although they look like they are based on fenders, in spirit they are improvements upon the concepts of typical gibson guitars, with more focus on musical range and playing speed. east asian guitars are known for fret access, ergonomics, flat fretboard radiuses that favor highly technical playing, and the two humbucker layout, though HSS is also common.

people who like both tend to favor gibsons out of all the western guitars, but people who hate east asian guitars tend to either be fender fans, or just racist.

both are great and there are many very nice instruments that represent each. there's also a lot of cheap shit that represents each. play what you like and remember it's the music that matters and not the wanker on stage or the axe he's holding.

What does /gg/ think of the Godin Session Custom '59?

So what you're saying is, the Gibson SG was ahead of its time and predicted the modern electric guitar?

Attached: mpeicduiuniy8uucmir0.jpg (1536x2048, 915K)

>It's a Yamaha THR5
For a solid state practice amp it's okay, but you're probably going to want to get a tube amp.
Mesas and Oranges are usually really good, and you just have to mess around with them until you get a sound you like out of them, but if impractical then that's a problem. Vox and Fender have some decent practice tube amps if you look around but they can get expensive real quick. I've personally used a 65 Twin Reverb Reissue for the past 2 years and I'm in love with the thing and it's not gigantic or too pricey.

Could I string a 5-string bass with the 5 highest strings of a 6-string bass (e a d g c) and tune it e a c# g# b? The only problem I see is the nut

Attached: 1.jpg (784x645, 330K)

It's okay

Get a low wattage tube amp, they just sound good. The only other thing that sounds as good is modeling gear that costs more than twice as much as most of the amps it models (powered kemper lol). Not saying it's not a good value. Lots of pros use that stuff. But it's a lot of money for an electronic instrument.

I have the mesa rectoverb 25 and it's great

do you have more than 10 ?

When recording with high gain amps or over driven in general how do they edit out all the hiss and hum?

Why would you want to?

clean power
shielded equipment
active pickups
noise gate if all else fails

youtube.com/watch?v=dLvfXgenkZU

Man, imagine growing up in a world with only two real options for a good electric guitar.

Nice that some of the people who grew up in that world went on to become luthiers so we could have more options and get the same enjoyment they did out of their frankenstrats. Now almost any custom guitar you can think of is already made for you with excellent craftsmanship, usually for an affordable price around one or two grand.

Prove that your guitar isn't made in some Korean or Indonesian sweatshop.
If your guitar was not made in the USA or Japan it is shit.

Attached: 20190702_153230~01.jpg (1440x1920, 343K)

how about mexico?
I want a japanese guitar but its hard to find one with my desired specs that isn't 4 figures

Add Mexico into the Indonesian and Korean tier. It's shit, otherwise you'd just get American made

every guitar review
>reads off basic specs
>jams on it
>say its good for the price
they are all the same. is there any premier reviewer better than the others?

So you want bass strings on a regular electric guitar? Why the fuck would you want to do that? Or is it the same bass guitar and you want to rearrange the string order? That's insane

if you lived long enough you'd know that:
all guitars are the same. all women are the same. all booze is the same. i mean if you keep "zooming in" there is always a difference. it is like a fractal. but as you get more mature you tend to zoom out. not zoom in. everything is the same,

redpill me on pau ferro vs indian laurel

I like how you just snuck in your misogyny, silly incel

Dont mind me, I'm just being the sexiest sounding 3/4 acoustic guitar ever available.

Attached: taylor_baby_bt2_mahogany_1557854280_3dd46f91_progressive.jpg (1080x810, 106K)

Just get a baha tele and avoid paying American prices for Mexican work. Maybe look for a used American 50s if it's really important

damn i didn't think anyone would notice. i will try to be more subtle.

redpill me on the ibanez s-series please

Attached: S521BBS-large.jpg (500x750, 39K)

neck heavy

how about RG series

comfy, can be nipshit depending on price range

I'm thinking of getting the RG 421, I think its the lowest end of RG

>RG 421
oh my god it's the fucking brazilian again

Attached: 1561757023995.jpg (400x342, 14K)

Attached: youre a nigger.png (1531x629, 74K)

you can tell it was drawn by an extremely educated person. and you saved it so you are even smarter than him lmao.

what did you mean by nipshit

Fuck off

Then it's going to be Indonesian or Thai or some shit like that. Fire wood with an Ibanez logo.

Spend at least $1000 and get an RG550G, Made in Japan.

Not super easy to see, but it's right there under the serial

Attached: PhotoPictureResizer_190702_190456042-948x1264.jpg (948x1264, 284K)

Dumb the new vintera line is good

>work at day camp
>see kids playing around with acoustic
>One plays smoke on the water
>I chuckle and walk up and ask if I can play some
>play some songs starting out with chords and singing along. Going to more complex picking patterns and fills as I go.
>Kids think I'm a rock god (they're 5-8)
>Been playing for about half a year consistently
>girl counselor sits in sings along to some tunes
>When we wrap up and go to school activity grill says:
>'user let's hang'
>I say:
>'not really lookin to kill myself in front of children yet'
>She chuckles
>We exchange info

I have a date to go see fireworks now. :)
my pp was so hard because I haven't talked to a girl in months after breakup

Is this a win?

>Spend at least $1000

Attached: scared-nervous-panic-sweaty-cry-desperate-jew-kike-yid-hebrew-tears-merchant.png (354x504, 62K)

>'not really lookin to kill myself in front of children yet'

Attached: 71ou628zklL._UL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

If you like specific and meaningless specs that limit your playing but give an authentic feel, then sure. But you could buy American made guitars for that same price range.

Are Tusq nuts good on Strats?

Thats a fuckin win brother

What specific and meaningless specs it's a regularl fender

Extremely thin bodies. Like, too thin. Pretty sure they're neck heavy so expect lots of neck dive.
Also, pickup rings and that plastic monstrosity around the selector switch really ruin the aesthetic

GOAT guitar body shape. I've owned several over the years. They're comfy as hell, light but balanced and look badass.
The higher tiers are amazing. I have a Japanese made one so the top tier.

Vintage radius which makes it easy to choke out while bending, vintage style bridge makes the E strings closer to the edge, truss rod under pickguard which makes it difficult to adjust, neck pickup screws underneath pickguard, $900~ for a Mexican made guitar with poly finish, neck has a larger diameter (I dont mind but theres a reason everyone uses modern C now)

They talk about it in the andertons video. It's made for the "Play Authentic" fans who want a truly authentic experience. You'd be better off getting a Baja tele

But user I want that seafoam green 50s strat

I’ve written a song so good I’m too paranoid to share it before I copyright it. Feels fucking good.

Before you get any more replies, do it.
It may not be as great as you think but it's a start.
When you realize it's bad, don't give up, come up with something better and copyright that too

Honestly, not to suck my own cock but if I played it at an open mic someone would eventually steal the chorus at the least, it’s just one of those ones I can’t believe nobody else came up with.

Will do, I need to copyright my other stuff too anyway.

he never said all men weren't the same either

don't forget you're a wonderful, unique person and there are several hundred people who look, act, and talk just like you within a several hundred mile radius

guitar reviews are trash. every cut of wood is different and will be different yet again a year from now, even if you're paying five grand for a gibson. just play the fucking things. return periods exist for a reason, you know?

Certainly when I was looking on music radar at acoustics I don’t think I ever saw one below three and a half stars. I did end up buying a five star guitar in the end though anyway.

If you buy vintage you must play vintage

High as fuck action, truss rod is irrelevant
Bends? Only little ones low on the board. Countray.
Pickup adjustment? What's that for anyways?
Mostly play chords, don't go higher than the 12th fret ever

is it worth it having a middle pickup

Nice guitars are for two kinds of people

Good players
And assholes

there is no disadvantage to having more pickups

middle pickup is for middle aged people

I have a Classic 50s MIM Strat and it’s a great guitar. It’s a fair bit cheaper than the entry American or Japanese models in the UK at least.

is a black pickguard on a surf green guitar vintage correct at all?

pretty much. the people who really want those vintage styled guitars aren't playing chon licks, polyphia riffs, metallica chugs, jazz improv, fucking classical guitar pieces, and megadeth solos, they're playing buddy holly and want the guitar to complete it. the limitations do not affect what they play. sure you could play that on a modern guitar, but they're in the business of recreation as well as making music.

if you're the kind of guy whose playing repetoire just got described then those 43+mm nut, flat necked metal axes and other modern/modernized guitars are for you.

>If your guitar was not made in the USA or Japan it is shit

This really isn’t true, there are some excellent luthiers outside the US for a start. Anyway here’s your proof (plus a tone pube).

Attached: E95CEFA0-151F-4771-A632-B6E964D93D6F.jpg (3000x2250, 1.82M)

that's not true
it's a lot harder to dial in a certain pickup position while you're playing on a 3 position guitar than a 5 position guitar
and the more pickups you have the more magnets you have pulling on the strings which means less sustain among other things

For mass produced electrics it is. There's lots of independent guys worldwide who make top tier stuff but the best factory guitars are pretty much concentrated in two countries, because those two countries are the only first world nations that give the slightest fuck about electric guitar.

Guitars are really the only thing the US and Japan have in common, besides anime nerds.

>his pickups have significant magnetic pull

Get actives. If you think they have less dynamic range they are either 1: too close to the strings 2: low on battery 3: one of EMG's crappier models.

Once you have pickups you can't stick to a fridge you'll shit bricks.

Rick Beato here letting you know that you are trash. Buy my book. Also does anyone know Nahre Sol's number haha

i don't want my guitar to run on batteries though

Question from a clueless guy - would it be totally unrealistic to gig (on a smallish scale) with a 20 watt amp? Have seen people on forums saying they micd it

Most places I've played had a small PA specifically for that purpose, but it varies. If you've got local places in mind, you might want to call them or swing by and see what equipment they have first.

friendly reminder that only a Gibson™ is good enough

that aside, pedal won't arrive until monday, both sets of strings will arrive friday, so i'll need to fix up my strat before then and get to jammin'. what are you fa/gg/s practicing today?

Attached: IMG_4213.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

holy fucking shit that hit too close

Yea cool, might ask a friend who has played there before. Just don't have money right now for it. They don't seem to pack a huge punch just watching videos of them, so maybe I'd be ok

also that brings me onto something else, isn't it frustrating when you see someone with two beautiful high end guitars, and they switch out one for another song even though the tone they use is practically the same and it was a pointless addition to the song? surely the other equipment is much more important

Have come to the conclusion I simply cannot stand rock music of any sort in which the bass was not prominently mixed. Really, really ruins it. Sweet, mellow song? Miss out on the melodic aspect hugely. Something harder? Totally loses its balls.

was listening to Beatles Anthology 1. Some of that stuff is really twee, but it still absolutely rocks more than most of their other stuff because of that damn bass.

Do you guys think this fretboard separation is fixable with glue/clamps or should I take it to a luthier?

Attached: IMG_20190702_204511~2.jpg (4032x1881, 1.31M)

Take it to your luthier and have him sell you a new guitar

"no"

They last so long and sound so good it doesn’t matter. It already runs off an outlet anyways.

My 25w amp is loud as fuck. A constant 115db is fucking loud. And that’s with the volume on 3.

You might have to turn it up to 3.2 with 20w

it's a parts guitar from the looks of it, replace the neck

Package arrived

Attached: 15621164780086477290410712591183.jpg (4160x3120, 3.44M)

If youre not new you already know what it is i bought.

Attached: 15621166141366916634952845653022.jpg (4160x3120, 3.73M)

Nah, a former owner did a thick amateur hour repaint that pushed the neck a bit out of place. It's still a Gibson L6 with original parts.
I also got it for free.
I think I'm just going to pop the neck off and epoxy it back together myself, shouldn't be too much trouble.

I would suggest you take it to a luthier if you're not experienced with this
It's very easy to fuck up and leave it in a worse state than it was before

good thread, nice butt

Right on. At the very least I can get a quote on the repair.

1-do no harm
epoxy is a big no
hide glue is used for repairs

and the neck is not from that body for surre

I mean your luthier is gonna glue it and clamp it, yes. But this is his gonna be his 1000th fretboard glued and clamped, not his 1st, unlike you.

It is definitely from that body, but believe whatever you want.

Anyone?

nobody cares

How long until my fingers stop hurting? I got an acoustic guitar last week and I can't play for more than 15 minutes without my pointer burning.

Pussy

About a month to six weeks of daily playing to get thick calluses, much longer until you always exert the perfect amount of pressure on the strings resulting in no pain.

Is there anything wrong with this MIJ Ibanez Prestige, just about to order it and was wondering if someone knew anything

Attached: BLUE.png (282x687, 195K)

Damn you're cool

I've only owned one US made guitar, and it also happens to be the only guitar I've had that had an unfixable flaw.

I play for about a day and my callouses return. only if I haven't been playing for a month or two.

Its made by ibanez so theres that.

Stratposting, lets see em bois

Attached: 20181221_091011.jpg (4032x1960, 1.8M)

Also just switched the strat with the black pick guard back to HSS, instantly regret it even though I never use bridge pup (seymour duncan pearly gates)

Attached: IMG_20190701_1906300.jpg (2704x4056, 2.2M)

Attached: 20181228_163016.jpg (4160x3120, 3.86M)

Attached: 20190213_155125.jpg (680x1209, 490K)

What's the point of having 5 of the same guitar?

Attached: IMG_3607.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

I could understand 2 if he was touring but 5 of the same is just collecting for colors

Attached: powerhouse.jpg (616x1617, 568K)

Alternate tunings

>not a single humbucker
why?

Does squier bullet count as strat?

Attached: 20190630_151225(1).jpg (1721x2905, 1.42M)

Look again

Yes, because it's a Squire Bullet Strat

all guitars are basically the same

why don't you tuneup and play it

high e broke and i haven't bought more strings until just now. need to fix up the wiring inside anyhow

Close enough

Attached: IMG_2839.jpg (3264x2448, 1.16M)

Attached: 20190601_213057.jpg (1960x4032, 3.22M)

Attached: Picture 0011.jpg (327x880, 218K)

>gay and lames actually believe this

NEW THREAD