Boomers hate on rap because it has supposedly repetitive looped beats and vocals nobody gives a fuck about

Boomers hate on rap because it has supposedly repetitive looped beats and vocals nobody gives a fuck about

But at the same time they absolutely adore blues, which is basically the same

Why are boomers so hypocritical?

Attached: 278A44AA-A2B1-4FA7-BFD3-B5C467923165.jpg (1242x994, 594K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HzTlB-TjAzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boomers don't like rap because they don't like niggers and wiggers.

>which is basically the same
>rap and blues
>same
just another day where Yea Forums points and laughs at all the sub IQ rap followers. it’s not boomers. it’s you. also sage your shitty ass thread

Attached: DCAE7C3F-8E4F-4B2E-A1ED-907F4B34F941.jpg (400x300, 23K)

we are all pointing at YOUR low IQ and absolute inability to read lmao

As you missed that what OP meant was that rap and blues are the same just in those two ASPECTS, whereas boomers hate rap for it while they don’t mind it and love blues for some other reasons

>implying boomer rap isn't a thing
>extended improvised jams = "repetitive looped beats"
We live in literally THE worst decade in all of human history.

>extended improvised jams
Most blues songs, especially famous blues songs, blues standards don’t have that

they’re not the same in those aspects nigger. repetitive “beats?” vocals no one gives a fuck about? doesn’t sound like you’ve ever listened to blues, that is some 70 IQ rambling. it’s no use replying to retards like you. unironically go back to facebook

It's not that rap fans are retarded. It's that Yea Forums only likes the most popular entry level shit that makes the genre look bad.

>blues standards don’t have that
Fuck you're dumb
youtube.com/watch?v=HzTlB-TjAzM
I guess BB King isn't too OG for you?

>Real people playing real instruments = a drum machine playing a loop
Rap fans, everyone.

Both genres are indeed p stupid desu but you are a literal brainlet if you think actually playing on a real instrument the same 12 bar chord progression 8 times is the same as repeating the exact same 2 bar loop 48 times

I honestly don't get this. I have never, not ONCE, in my ENTIRE life heard a drum beat that I thought "hey, this would sound better if it was by a drum machine". And on the contrary usually when I hear a drum machine beat I think that it could have been better if it was an actual drum kit. Anyone else agree?

Boomers hate rap because it wasn't around/popular when they were in High School, and they're nostalgia-blind morons. Simple as that.

What is so fucking hard about understanding why people dislike rap?
People hate rap because rapping is not singing. As simple as that.

Defenders of rap are always like "oh, you should try listening to this guy who doesnt rap about hoes and guns, his lyrics are fantastic" but that is not the issue. They could be rapping Walt Whitman poems and it still wouldnt be musically enjoyable.
Blues is enjoyable because it features singing.

Drum machines are fine if you're going for certain aesthetics, but for most kinds of music real drums are usually better.

>Boomers hate on rap because it has supposedly repetitive looped beats and vocals nobody gives a fuck about
That’s not why they hate rap
>But at the same time they absolutely adore blues, which is basically the same
They don’t adore blues, they like some blues rock at best. Also, those who do enjoy blues don’t enjoy it because it has “repetitive looped beats and vocals nobody gives a fuck about.”
We’re your parents siblings?

What about repeating a 32 bar loop three times with slight variation? My point being, what is the metric for considering something is better because it involved manual playing of an instrument? There's a lot of back end work required in form of production and vocal production especially. The skillset of manually playing something doesn't supersede composition of a full song from start to finish with multiple instruments (including all the technical work). The knowledge required for vocal production alone already BTFOs you playing something someone else wrote with one instrument.

It doesn't matter how much skill goes into extracting a couple of bars from some soul/funk track, looping them, and making the dumb rap vocals sound crisp. It's still vapid trash mate. A lot of science goes into processing the inedible garbage that is Maccy D's and turning it into something palpable. It's still very basic trash.

You're purposely ignoring a vast technical skill set on the grounds of you not understanding how much work is required. Its an impressive level of ignorance. Ignoring all that, you can't just take any record and sample any random part and then slap any random drums on it. There is a lot of taste and experience related expertise that has to go on in order to get something interesting and that resonates with a group of people. Even drummers pick their kits piece by piece to tailor to their own play style and taste, no one just plugs their guitar into their interface and records some parts either. No, they pick and choose meticulously to find the right combinations of preamps, pedals and tubes/transformers to get a specific tone. Just because you over simplified the process of creating one of their tracks doesn't mean it is in fact that simple.

>basically the same

Blues is actual music where as rap is not. its just grunting.

>hate on rap because it has supposedly repetitive looped beats and vocals nobody gives a fuck about

They hate on rap because it sucks.

why did you screencap that reply? it doesn't make any sense, I think it's missing some words

there is nothing in the "genre" of rap that is beyond entry level

What makes you think the amount of work involved matters? I'm talking about this strictly in terms of performance. A real drummer playing a drum groove is more interesting to listen to than a computer playing a loop. A real drum performance will have *feel*. It will have emotion. It will be dynamic. Part of the fun of seeing a live band, especially a good live band, is experiencing a conversation between musicians, so to speak. That's why the "hurr durr blues is repetitive" argument doesn't hold any water. It's not about what you're playing, it's about how you're playing it. If you've grown up only listening to and creating electronic music/rap music you'll never understand what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter how much time you spend "producing" something if it still sounds like crap. Your priorities are all out of whack.

it's not the same, lmao rap is looping two seconds of someone else's music, rock you perform everything yourself even if it's repetitive