Alright took this image from /sci/ and some people are freaking out because they cant see the red star in their heads...

Alright took this image from /sci/ and some people are freaking out because they cant see the red star in their heads, as any non NPC should.

But this Yea Forumssic board, so, can you imagine a full orchestra in your head and make it play whatever you want? Can you create and play melodies in your head, Yea Forums? Can you isolate instruments from the music you imagine too?

Attached: 1561742768128.png (341x539, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WEhS9Y9HYjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't get it. How could you not picture a red star? And why would the opacity/fill change? Are you supposed to not see the pictures beforehand? You're fuckin me up

Attached: 143234.jpg (500x557, 29K)

What's the deal with this picture? I can't see anything in my "mind's eye." I can't picture my mother's face with any kind of accuracy either. I feel like I consistently dream in color and sometimes with music. Am I an NPC?

You aren't supposed to view the star first but the image does a poor (no) job at telling you

I can imagine and hear pretty much anything in my head. Sometimes, when it's real quiet and I'm really deep into daydreaming I'll even startle myself a bit because the sound will be so prominent it's like it's actually there in the physical world.

nah, I have it too most if the time. then sometimes I can close my eyes and see more vividly than I do in real life. also I have a lot better time seeing with my mind's eye if I don't close my eyes.

to add on, music and sound is very easy for me to recreate in my head. I also have an easy time tricking myself into feeling shit that is not actually happening, like getting my shoulders rubbed or my eyes pierced by needles. before you ask, I am very likely at least slightly schizophrenic. same user as

Yes I can, and I do often, but I can't then go to my guitar or little midi keyboard and recreate it reliably.

Yes you are an npc

Most people who spend all the time on the internet have this. It's a symptom of over-stimulation. If you went a few weeks in the woods with little visual stimulation you would have stronger visualizations, assuming the damage isn't permanent

I spend way too much time on the internet but I can imagine it just fine. I'm really bewildered that people could not imagine a red star in their heads.

good job bringing the pic over OP, but I don't condone going to the one board that has more pseuds than Yea Forums

You are me.

Attached: 1552332605385.png (640x478, 431K)

Nr.1 here. Funny thing is i have an easyer time imagining visual things when i have my eyes open. When im thinking about new stories and things to animate i often find myself catching about 3hours of sleep because i cant in vision stuff when i close my eyes. as for music i can actually replay my favorite tunes quite clearly. i once went to this movie quiz where we had to guess the movie theme as fast as possible. shining came on and i shouted out the name after one second. everyone was looking at me like i was a freak or something lol.

Attached: rich.png (650x506, 260K)

>can you imagine a full orchestra in your head and make it play whatever you want
yeah, but I can't imagine all of the individual melodies at one time. I either imagine a "whole" sound, or focus on one - two lines at a time. I'm probably also imagining harmonies that I think of as just a single note. I also don't know all of the instruments in a full orchestra
>Can you create and play melodies in your head, Yea Forums
definitely, I think everyone can do this? or most people
>Can you isolate instruments from the music you imagine too
I already answered that, nigger

I can’t see anything, I didn’t know people actually see visual images if they imagine hard enough. My mental pictures are always blank. Is there something wrong with me?

you sound like me, are you also slightly autistic?

I get 3. I don’t think it’s actually possible to visualize the color red the way you’re describing.

ppe btw

not diagnosed yet. but i have depressions and a great fear of intimacy. i probably am tough.

I have depression as well and I've basically started hating women and people in general after my last relationship. I hope you feel better man. don't be afraid of intimacy, be afraid of people that trick you into thinking they care.

anyone else see 5?

I can't see anything when I close my eyes.

So you are telling me that you literally see a red colored star when you close your eyes and imagine one?

thank you user for the kind words. i have tried and i probably will try again someday but i'm quite sure that being in a relationship won't stop me from having doubts about myself and everything in general. i haven't started to project anger into the mix but that will probably follow one day. i hope you find a cute gf one day that won't play with your feelings and emotions.

Attached: boc.jpg (750x738, 60K)

what you said means a lot more than you probably know, thanks man. I know exactly what you're saying about your doubts and insecurities. look for someone who accepts you as who you are and doesn't prey on your weaknesses like my ex did. I hope they're a cutie as well. take care user, I'll be rooting for you.

Seeing a red star has nothing to do with whether you have an inner monologue or not.
I have an inner monologue and I can only see numbers 2 and 3.

Thank you user. Really hate to hear that your ex tricked you like that. Some people really are just a manifested form of evil. I'll be rooting for you as well man. They can hurt us. But they can't brake us.

You don't literally see it like with your eyes but in your head you see the image

Based schizoid weirdo

Attached: 1548843240238.png (1458x813, 1.12M)

Well, I don't literally see it in that I don't literally see anything, but I can conjure up an image in my mind of a red star like that picture, yes.

Well those lists aren't worrying at all

I saw this
when i imagine sounds i can only play really simple stuff. what really gets annoying is that i cant make it stop

Attached: iu.png (512x512, 11K)

How did you imagine a star and see a circle are you retarded

stars are spherical

Attached: BC9641A1-843E-4B35-8432-0C7AEDFF6BFA.jpg (750x749, 78K)

I don't have to close my eyes. I can visualize a red star like number 6 in the pic with my eyes open, although its borders are not perfectly sharp, kinda foggy.
I can feel the mind's eye on the same axis as the pineal gland.
◈ (mind's eye)
● ● (eyes)

Attached: 1561808621629.gif (225x534, 40K)

I know what you mean but to me that is very different than seeing it like the OP pic suggests. Of course I can imagine a red start because I could draw a red star. In order to draw a red star I need to be able to imagine a red star. So of course I can imagine one. But I don't even remotely see one infront of my eyes while imagining it. Sure the idea of what a red star is shapes up in my head when I imagine one, but that's barely visual at all. It's just an idea, a thought.

>imagine orchestra in my head
>immediately plays All star
Fuck you Yea Forums

Source?

I can imagine the star quite easily. I can also hear music in my head exactly the way describes it. Transcribing a piano melody from my head is also quite simple (although not instantly like some sort of virtuoso) and I imagine the vast majority of musicians can do it too. I used to play a game of visualizing a chess board in my mind and see how large it could get before I couldn't keep track of every square simultaneously, I think I got to 4x4 after some practice.
I get lost in thought very easily and people have told me many times that I'm 'distant'.
I might have mild autism.

red up on that personality disorder and it fits way to well. kinda scary how predictable i really am. should i seek advice from the doctor?

yes because a lot of it applies to me too and i am not schizo. don't self diagnose over a wikipedia article. see a doctor if you think it applies and get diagnosed by a professional.

The image clearly says this is a test for aphantasia, a condition when people can't imagine things in their head, not even things they just saw.

same

thank you user with trips. at the moment i'm quite busy but i will keep it in mind and get to it as soon as possible.

I can't see a red star because my mind keeps picturing a watermill turning instead

youtu.be/WEhS9Y9HYjU
based

Shit this happens to me a lot when I'm overtired. Like I'll be remembering a scene from a movie and suddenly it sounds like it's actually playing and I startle myself

Like 75% of my musical ideas happen in my head and not from me noodling around on keyboard or guitar. Is that unusual or something?

I have difficulties visualizing things in my head (like the red star), but I don't have a difficulty imagining music in my head. They are just different abilities. The only thing that determines if you are an NPC or not (in the original meanings of the term) is if you have an inner voice or not.

Some of you guys should really just read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia

That's why you guys need to learn music theory.

>Most people who spend all the time on the internet have this. It's a symptom of over-stimulation.
This isn't true in the slightest.

Yes, I do.

That's normal.

Im so good at this my mind does it automatically, I can imagine inifinite strawberry fields and things that equate to trippy youtube videos in my head. The problem is I have OCD and tourettes and my mind shows me cuck stuff. You ever hold a glass of water and imagine dropping it for a second? Imagine that except every time you think about dropping the glass your mind as vividly as humanly possible imagines the glass breaking. I could be imagining the kingdom of heaven and fantasy creatures but it’s like I have dicks burnt onto the screen I see everything on

With everything this doesn't just seem to be black or white. I can't visualize a red start perfectly infront of my eyes like many ITT or the OP image suggest. But i can visualize things in my head. But they aren't as colorful or real as real images. It's hard to describe them. It stays black infront of my eyes but I can think of the idea what it would look like which isn't visual but still somewhat of an image in my head. I guess some people see it better some worse. But it's not like I can't visualize things at all. Just not as lively as some people describe it.

Im literally imagining a million red shooting stars right now and theres no dicks in sight as of now, feels good lads

This confused me

I read the image and my mind immadiately pictured a red star in space, like a red sun, but I kept thinking, that is not what it's asking, it wants the typical drawn star with 5 points, not a real star in space, but then I could also do it.