Rapping is the shittiest vocal technique in music

Rap is just corporate music... Since it's easy to make(just speaking on beat with a few rhymes) anyone can do it with few to sometimes no training, so all the industry has to do is to pick people with loud mouths and some charisma and then they make millions

Look at Danielle Bregoli. In a few days she was already making average, good-sounding, Rap songs, and people only hate them because they know that accepting the fact that she is actually good would prove that Rap is easy corporate trash with no real musical value. If Danielle Bregoli wasn't as obviously a corporate shill as she is, I can GUARANTEE you that Hip Hop heads would praise her...

I mean, look :
youtube.com/watch?v=s8hW4bzMx8E
youtube.com/watch?v=5PaCd1ykiR4
If it was Denzel Curry instead of her Rapping, I can guarantee you that Hip Hop heads would be literally sucking her toes and call her the next big thing in Hip Hop. But no, since she is obviously a corporate shill, they won't because they care about the credibility of their genre. But then, when Denzel Curry release "SPEEDBOAT", "RICKY" or "ULTIMATE", all those Rapfags be like "DAMN THAT'S A BANGER, THE FLOW IS INCREDIBLE!!!! SO MUCH ENERGY" when all those songs are just as good as the shit Danielle Bregoli makes by Rap standards.

And Denzel Curry is in the top 10 of a lot of those Hip Hop heads.

Anyone can Rap, and anyone can be an average Rapper with less than 50 minutes of training. Compare this to Jazz, where you have to train for years to even be average.

Take the highest possible form of the Rap genre and stack it against the highest form from any other genre and it doesn’t stack up. Why? Because it’s a highly limited art form. Easy to make a rap song...but not easy to compose a basic Jazz piece.

Furthermore, rap is easier to consume. The beat is repetitive so you don’t have to concentrate while listening to get the gist of the backing music. And the vocals are confined to normal speech frequency

Attached: Danielle-Bregoli.jpg (1075x767, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ2npbfmBF0
youtube.com/watch?v=gzELTlAYcjY
youtube.com/watch?v=-rPOwZbg6d4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUMP

how old is this girl again? i didnt read a word of this btw

I just looked this person up to see who it was and jesus christ almighty. this country really is one giant south park episode

Attached: file.png (847x554, 50K)

listen to:
Ghostface Killah
Danny Brown
Mos Def
Bone Thugs & Harmony
Freddie Gibbs
a lot of talent right there

Reminder rap is music for people who don't like or know shit about music as much as they like or know shit about the concepts of celebrity and social posturing. Rap barely qualifies as music in the context of musical history, and the best way to enjoy rap is to basically ignore the last five hundred years of musical ideas in general.

I have. Mos Def is the only person on that list who is even remotely intelligent but even he is a mediocre poet at best.

It's just pop music. But pop music deserves a lot more shit than it gets.

yeah I hate rap music

Attached: file.png (480x600, 336K)

that's literally all genres you pseud brainlet. when jazz was invented it was breaking the rules and everyone freaked out. now it's worshipped by "classy" fedora tippers like yourself.

i really want to fuck those tits

no one cares incel

she looks really shit without makeup
youtube.com/watch?v=fZ2npbfmBF0

Ok grandpa

user, you idiot
She's still wearing make up, just not as much make up

Once you understand that rap isn't about the words, you'll understand. Only brainlets actually think what the person on the mic matters, you could be the greatest rapper in the universe but on a trash beat, you're not going anywhere. Rap is not about the rappers, it's about the producers. That's why Kanye is a legend, he's a decent at best rapper but as a producer he's arguably a genius, and the people recognize that. You can't name me a single rapper out there that's considered great who would be where they are without their producers. And that's okay with me, I just feel bad for them not getting any recognition.

like flies to shit

Attached: shiggy dindu.png (640x640, 297K)

there is no difference between composing a beat and composing a song in the traditional sense. in fact, they're the same thing. except instead of multiple people all playing instruments, it's one person masterminding the entire performance. the monkey rhyming on top isn't the point. Mumble rap has proven this pretty conclusively

Funny you say that because i fuckin hate most jazz as well, especially anything post-bop.

>rap isnt about the words
Rapping is LITERALLY the vocal technique independent of any backing production. And yes, the reality is Kanye is so highly revered because he's ultimately a pop music producer far more than he is just a beat-maker. That's the reason why he is so highly regarded even outside of strictly hip-hop circles, a recognition most hip-hop producers can't boast about.

rap has nothing at all to do with rapping. nothing whatsoever. nobody cares what the rapper has to say, it is 100% the beat, and that's it.

very good bait

yeah, we get it, you're just mad she fucks black guys instead of white boys like you

keep making these long ass posts that nobody reads...

I’d like to think she’s still a virgin

Attached: 83CCC189-DE58-487B-95B6-1733FA010EBC.png (268x188, 65K)

I am 100% serious. Name me one(1) rap group/artist that you couldn't replace the rapper without being successful. You can't. Wu-Tang, Kendrick, Dre, Snoop Dogg, Jay Z, all defined by their beats more than their rapping. You could change them out at will and it would be just as popular.

No.

West coast v East coast is 100% based on beats and chorus arrangement, neither of which are rapping.

You sound like a grandpa or a weirdo baiting. Don’t feed the troll.

>You could change them out at will and it would be just as popular.
imagine knowing this little about something but still being an arrogant prick.

I'm not trolling, I actually really really enjoy rap, Jedi Mind is my favorite group. I just see it for what it is. Rappers are but 1 instrument in the musical package of rap and it's hardly the most important one. Everything else in the genre is controlled by 1 person, from the drums to the bass to the other elements, it's all one person. The producer.

imagine not having a counter argument and still being a lil faggot. pic related, it's you

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Okay, but spitting bars a capella is a part of rap as well. You should know that. Freestyling, Eminem, Nas, it’s way more about the lyrics.

>counter argument
in order to counter there has to be an argument in the first place. you just stated a retarded opinion about a hypothetical. that's not an argument.

It's one component of rap, sure. But nobody listens to acapella rap. Nobody. They might listen to it just to see if someone can rap at all, but I'm talking of the genre at whole here.

It's not a hypothetical. It's just a fact. You're just buttblasted because you don't want to admit it's true. Each genre and flavor of rap is defined entirely by it's beats. Snoop dogg didn't invent west coast funk, his producer did. East Coast boom-bap sound is the same thing. If biggie had been born in california his rapping could've been the exact same, but you would classify it as an entirely different genre based on what he raps over. Get over it dude rap is about the producer.

Freestyle battles? Hundreds of people show up to those things. You’re talking about hip hop through the lens of pop music.

>It's not a hypothetical.
"You could change them out at will and it would be just as popular."

Freestyle battles =/= rap music. That's like saying guitar duels == metal. No, it doesn't. Stop strawmanning. I'm talking about rap as music, you're talking about it as a singular entity, which is not rap as a genre.

Not a hypothetical in the least, otherwise features wouldn't be a thing. If the rapper was an integral part of "his" sound, they wouldn't be as popular as they are. As it is, everyone knows the rapper himself is only a slight flavor on top of something they already like.

case in point

youtube.com/watch?v=gzELTlAYcjY

I don’t get what point you’re trying to prove. I brought up freestyle battles simply because people listen to them, but freestyles are on record and reach many more. Free styling showcases flow of consciousness poetry enjoyed predominantly in rap. In fact, rap is more lyrical than most genres of music.

>Not a hypothetical in the least
it is by definiton

>just speaking on beat with a few rhymes
youtube.com/watch?v=-rPOwZbg6d4

Wu Tang's beats aren't even that good, you couldn't replace the personalities and memorable lines on Enter the 36 Chambers and have an equal album.

Am i really the first one to say she's a """""" Subversive"""""

> I woke up early on my born-day
>I’m twenty years of blessing
>the essence of adolescence
>leaves my body, now I’m fresh in
>my physical frame is celebratin
>cuz I made it, one quarter through life
>some godly-like thing created
>got rhymes 365 days, annual, plus some
>load up the mic and bust one
>cuss while I puffs some

Attached: FBDA6E7A-6A7D-427C-9EC6-CAF1641E5F40.jpg (220x220, 14K)

I'm simply saying that rap, isn't even the most important of rap. The skill an individual rapper has, is almost completely superfluous to the popularity of the genre, this has been conclusively proven by the emergence of mumble rap. Lyricism is a skill sure but it's not important to the genre by any stretch of the imagination. Freestyle battles are cool but they're not rap, just like guitar duels aren't metal or rock. The difference between guitar and rap there is that swap guitarists and you'll end up with vastly different sounds due to writing, swap rappers between producers and it will still be the same product, because the producer makes the sound, the rapper just talks over it.

exactly. The beats make the sound, the rapping is at most icing on the cake.

no, it's not. features on rap songs are exactly what I'm talking about. The song would be popular without the feature, it's just one element added. The rapper is not important whatsoever.

I dont think you understand how much I agree with you

I don’t 100% agree, but I see where you’re coming from. I agree that rap wouldn’t be anything without the production. And I agree that most rap is just silly, nothing serious. It’s mostly the beats that have a true impact.

>kick snare kick kick snare
yo, this beat is so sick dawg

Like don't get me wrong I can respect MC'ing as a skill in and of itself, but MCing is only one factor of rap, and far from the most important one. When history looks back on the genre, they'll recognize this and producers will eventually get their credit. Nobody cares about Pink Floyd's producer per se because he didn't write the music, but in rap, the producer writes and arranges everything except for the main rap line. Frequently he even decides how the vocal arrangements are done, harmonies, phrasing etc

>no, it's not.
yeah dude it is. say "if you did this, then this would happen" is a hypothetical.

shes not lol

Except it's not, features demonstrably prove this. Any song with any featured rapper that was a hit could be a hit without the featured rapper. This is a clear example of what I'm talking about, you're just a dunce.

I feel it

rap btfo. based post OP

This would be true if most rap beats weren't copy and paste with a little syncopation on the final chorus

I'd disagree there. West coast arrangement vs East coast vs modern trap are all very different pieces of music discounting common time signatures, which if you base it purely on that then almost all music is the same.

u would think that until u listen into my techniques. i have been studying the art of rap for many years now and in these years to come it will be unsheathed

>excuse me while i whip this out

this sounds like based Viper

>Except it's not
yeah dude it is. "if you did this, then this would happen" is a hypothetical

I agree, with all these names good stuff but ya a bunch of rap is shit shit shit .

This is too long to make into a pasta, user.

Attached: bomer.jpg (489x488, 23K)

You’re right rapping is stupid and easy but, writing lyrics is a legitimate skill. And some rappers are good vocalists, modifying their inflection and such. But mostly it’s dumb ya. The beats can be cool tho

Just bc it has more lyrics than most genres doesn’t mean it’s more lyrical than most genres. Country music is concise in its poetry rather than rambling along abstractly for 64 bars or whatever. In the words of the wu tang clan, “keep it brief son, half short and twice strong”

I'd honestly like Kendrick to put at least one acapella track on future projects

imo it sounds like you're trying to describe try hard "lyrical, spiritual, miracle" rappers with beats using stock drums and hardly any melody

I can definitely see Chief Keef never having a career without Young Chop tho so see where your coming from.

Snoop has a unique voice that just sounds nice over most beats so I could see him being successful even without Dre, but that old school west coast sound definitely complements his cool voice the best

content wise?
Earl Sweatshirt
Danny Brown
MF Doom somewhat
black thought

rappers with unique voices ie J.I.D or Snoop or Chance

dude every drummer or producer can recognize "trap" is literally the worst fucking genre

literally would prefer classical music or chillstep

I'm huwhite and I lowkey agree

You guys shouldn't be giving so much attention to someone who says Jedi mind tricks is his favorite rapper.

Facts.

>likes jedi mind tricks
>this he can comment on rap AT ALL

Attached: 1561780517548.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

rap is cringe shit for brainlets, plebs, niggers, and white trash. And there's a lot of those so that's why it's so popular.