ITT: Yesterday and the Beatles

Am i the only one who cringes at this shit?

i feel like no one else finds this movie incredibly cringe-worthy.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190629-163058_Google.jpg (1381x1794, 913K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6uqvgPm8U4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cringe-worthy
no because i'm not 15

it's written by richard curtis though so i'm going to assume it's shit

Not actually as bad as you think
>its hard to make an ugly shitskin famous
They actually said this

I don't know dude, I'm a fully grown brown guy and I now understand what black people are on about when they talk about mis/under representation by the media. Glad to see it, there are brown kids in this country who've never seen a brown lead in their lives outside of slumdog millionaire.

OP here

oh fuck, Im so sorry that the discussion turned into this.

just to be clear, I am perfectly fine with the main character being Indian (Im actually excited for the movie Blinded By The Light).

I meant cringe because its such a shameless way to use the Beatles music to sell tickets. Blinded by the Light (at least from the trailers) seems to use the music of a famous artist in an interesting light rather than being like "MEMBER THE BEATLES OMG SO GOOD" and "O? what is this song Leave It Be?? Hey Dude?? lol so funny"

Spoilers if you haven't seen it yet.

The romance wasn't awful, but I was completely disinterested in it. The girl, Ellie, got a bit grating because he never made the first move in 20 years of knowing each other and got angry when he did when he was a rockstar. I have no sympathy for her when she could have asked him out at anytime. I have no problem at all with racially mixed couples in real life most of the time, but in movies and tv it feels so disingenuous, like they made only to promote an agenda. Wasn't bad, but I really would have preferred to focus on how the Beatles being erased from history would affect the world, which we got a bit about.

I'm not totally keen on Beatles brand deal history, but Coca-Cola, cigarettes, Harry Potter, and Wonderwall by Oasis all didn't exist.

There was also a guy named Gavin who lent them his recording studio a bit after he jumped into the Beatle-less world. The girl was dating him for a while in the middle because the main guy, Jack, was trying to traveling and working on his career.
At the end of the movie, Jack confessed his love for her at a concert and they got together, but there was a moment where you could see Gavin's eyes and I was 100% sure that he was gonna become this universe's Mark David Chapman and shoot the main guy, Jack. right after the concert. I was kinda disappointed that that didn't happen, and he just sort of got with some roadie and let Ellie be with Jack because he wanted her to be happy. Really lazy way to write him out, I think.

Jack's actor wasn't really a good singer. He was awful for any of the even slightly heavy songs like Revolution. He did fine with Let It Be and the slower songs, and most of the really early stuff like I Want to Hold your Hand, though.

Unless you really love the Beatles and just want to see it for the novelty there's no point seeing it anyway. Somebody please respond with "Nice blog, faggot" so I can justify even writing about this mediocre movie for six minutes.

Attached: beatles political compass.jpg (2000x2177, 1.63M)

nice blog

damn, Jack seemed like a good cover artist to Paul

dude lick my paki ballsack

Attached: 77F7EBD0-54B6-4400-A0D3-FF64E0403275.png (1125x2436, 3.36M)

What about Bend it like Beckham you paki cunt?

Watch bollywood you fucking street shitter

Man like Tanwar on a Hollywood flex

Turds are flowing out
Like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across my Indian ass
Pools of feces streets of joy
Are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me
Jai Guru Deva, Om
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of hundred guys
Which shit before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the shitting streets
Turds meander like a
Restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the shitting streets

Sounds of farts, and shades of life
Are ringing through my opened ears
Inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying turd
Which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the shitting streets

You're 16?
I don't wonder where all the white people are in fucking kung fu martial arts foreign movie shit. Representation is a (successful) Jewish meme

Same poster as I forgot to mention a few things. Spoilers.

youtube.com/watch?v=6uqvgPm8U4c
Starting at 2:26 in this trailer, they have Jack on James Corden's talkshow, and Paul and Ringo seem like they're gonna come out on stage and expose Jack for the liar he really is.

[spoiler] Turns out this is a fucking dream sequence brought on by Jack's guilty. Huge cop out. Paul and Ringo never actually show up in the film. [/spoiler]

Instead, they brought in this guy who looks like John if he had live to this day. Considering Paul and Ringo are still kickin', I thought it was a little insensitive. Old John started talking about his life at one point, about a woman he loved, but never made any mention of a love that didn't work out or anything about kids, so we can assume Julian and Sean were never born in this universe.

Oddly enough, Jack never goes back to his old timeline in the end. We never find out what happened to the other Beatles, and poor George really got no love almost the whole movie.

This is Yea Forums. You're anonymous. You're not gonna get in any trouble if someone here thinks your a bit racist.

Attached: beatles at the beach.jpg (1280x910, 139K)

Attached: 043E1053-BFC7-41E5-9D05-98BBADD76683.jpg (1280x528, 86K)

anyone know where i can watch this online for free?

Google.

Just seems like a director circlejerking on the Beatles popularity

There is a fair bit of that. The Beatles definitely were a product of their time and wouldn't be nearly as successful if they started releasing their music today. I think they'd definitely make a good bit of money and have a lot of fans, but they'd never touch the top 100. They'd probably be what normies consider to be "quirky" music and of similar popularity to Ween or They Might Be Giants. Pretty big, but not beloved throughout the world.

As another desi user, spot on.

There's a manga called Boku wa Beatles that basically had the same concept published in 2011 so seeing this to me is like seeing tom cruise doing All You Need is Kill but with even less admittance of a source i'm sure the movie's fine but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

I've been a lifelong Beatles fan and I have no interest in seeing this. I might end up seeing it just because my gf wants to and there are worse movies I could pay to watch, but on principle it just seems weirdly inappropriate to try and recontextualize the Beatles music as a romcom plot device.

>but they'd never touch the top 100.
You have to sell like 20,000 albums to do that. Charts aren't what they used to be. No one buys music anymore.

No one does because we all know white people don't know how to fight.

why the fuck is the main guy a pajeet and why is he in the movie trying to get famous?

shouldn't he be shitting in a street somewhere??

This movies premise is very lame anyways.

its the guy with the weird teeth from fleabag

They were tryna get a white dude, but he'd show up on set everyday covered in milkshake

Attached: 75b16e505ce2355ec6090ef8d1dab8c9.jpg (1767x1080, 567K)