youtube.com/watch?v=COZzsTwDghQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

look at the top of his head!

>10min + songs of some nigga trying to seduce some big booty bich
idk bro

youtube.com/watch?v=CB43UwWdR3Y

>should of

Hot Buttered Soul [Enterprise, 1969]
This album is a smash, and it may be so overstated that it has its own validity--a baroque, luscious production job over the non-singing of one half of Sam & Dave's production-songwriting team. C

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

came here to post this

Now why do you children need to know what a prostitute is anyway?

My dad saw Isaac Hayes open for Zeppelin at Winterland. The guitarist he had at that time was so good.

R&B/soul is functionally a singles genre and it rarely has good albums, but Isaac Hayes made three of the great ones--this and The Isaac Hayes Movement, and of course the Shaft soundtrack.

same here, fuck that shit

Any of his output up to 1976 is worth listening to, like a lot of his peers, disco was pretty much the end of the road. His 90s comeback wasn't terrible though.

Also avoid Live at Montreaux, it wasn't a particularly good performance.

He only made one album and just rerecorded it a dozen or so times, but it was a good one.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=cyOAocNFJqM

Attached: Terry-Callier-What-Color-Is-Love-Album-Cover-web-optimised-820.jpg (820x820, 130K)

What do white people know about making good fuck/pickup music anyway?

Prog Punk also

Attached: a trip.jpg (600x597, 141K)

>R&B/soul is functionally a singles genre and it rarely has good albums
explain yourself

Attached: 1561004249606.gif (498x498, 613K)

Attached: mf94u.png (906x219, 12K)

Groove-A-Thon from 76 is a great album. The title track has some amazingly funky bass.

Smoking is disgusting. I'm glad people don't do it as much anymore.

Ah what do you know about anything, Bob?

hsut up

Terry Callier's spacey acoustic music is the kind of stuff Christgau has a real hateboner for. I only had to put that album on and listen for about five seconds to realize what his objection to it was.

Not taking the bait.

This is chill af.

All critics had their knives sharpened for jazz-fusion back then.

>Soul prog should of been huge fuck man.

But it was. it's just called symphonic soul. Look at Curtis Mayfield and tons of Marvin Gaye's stuff.

Genuinely curious but what was the exact problem with it?

He has a nice head

They thought it was false jazz that had devolved into pseudo-orchestral schlock with strings. Mahavishnu Orchestra, Al Dimeola, etc.

>10min + songs of some nigga trying to seduce some big booty bich

What the hell is wrong with listening to that??

It was jazz that was popular with non-critics

I mean, you can always go on Christgau's Q&A thing on his website and ask why critics didn't like jazz-fusion, but I'm sure he'd give you an answer something like said. The stuff lacks the edge or punchiness of Giant Steps or KOB, it feels really, really mushy and syrupy.

I love the taste of an American Spirit.

Is this that mysterious shit? I listen to albums that people actually play. And you actually hear it. You know, driving your car you hear another car playing it. Go to the barber shop, you hear them playing it. You know, turn the radio on, and you hear them playing it. It's playing everywhere - it's called great music. It's called albums that you actually hear the songs. Not no mysterious shit, and you never hear it.

Then again let's not get carried away in the other extreme and start defending Kenny G here.

I'm not, trust me.

go back to your home board retard

Attached: A08B5FD5-47E5-4288-BA4A-14A591385805.png (280x339, 216K)

Quints coming up.

The nerve. Imagine that.

Fuck the plebs

Meaning it was jazz that suburbanites listened to instead of hipsters in Greenwich Village.

he's right, there are a couple of good albums of course but for every classic album theres 50 classic singles that are either non album tracks, or belong on shit albums.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It was the opposite. Miles made fusion because only old whites liked jazz and blacks and young people listened to funk and rock.

It's DJ Khalid pasta, dummy.

Jane is vastly superior though

She's sitting asshole to textile on a filthy recliner. Do you really think she's preoccupied by what's healthy

youtube.com/watch?v=COZzsTwDghQ

agreed

those fucking things burn ur throat so much, and this coming from a smoker

suck on my chocolate balls.

>this coming from a smoker
Does cold winter air or light fog burn your throat too?