This album is so fucking good. Discuss this amazing album you fucking retards

This album is so fucking good. Discuss this amazing album you fucking retards.

Attached: image.jpg (220x220, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24Ur_OdR7yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The title track is a top five Bowie song for me.

Calm down cunt, yeah it's my favorite Bowie album for sure

It's on par with Low, because both are perfect

I'm high as fuck right now but, station to station sounds grey, while Low sounds colourful. It's like being in deep shit for some reason, but Low is like the new beginning, it's nice but you have some trauma from the bad past experience.

What gets me is that he and his crew created the two in like 8 months, just a complete streak of genius. I like how beforehand it was Young Americans which was some faux soul poo poo, then he makes Station which sounds like a fucked man trying to make a normal funk album

All the songs are fantastic, especially Word on a Wing which never gets credit for being a masterpiece

Fascism-era Bowie was the best Bowie era

Stay is like an old steam train packed to the gills with coal with a snow plough in front smashing through fucking buildings and cars without slowing down

Bowie's second best album behind Low

That's some really nice insight about this album. I agree with you overall and Word on a Wing is absolutely amazing. Young Americans is pretty decent though, especially the title track.
Politics do not exist
Hell yeah Stay is a fucking crusher and is super underrated
It's actually his second best album behind Ziggy.

>It's actually his second best album behind Ziggy.
Ziggy is great, but it kind of sags in the middle, I prefer Aladdin Sane and Diamond Dogs when it comes to his glam era.

Golden years is such a fucking great song. It's the perfect mix of sinister and funky. The transition in the title track is a boiled down metaphor for what makes bowie great: it's like this daring and courageous leap into something totally different.

I never see any love for TVC 15 but it's my favourite along with the title track

also strangely the first track bowie played at live aid

Based I was listening to it when I saw this thread

It's ok. The title track and Stay are amazing and Golden Years is pretty good but the rest is skippable. The two albums that followed it are much better.

I can't believe Ziggy is his most popular album. Even without the weaker run of tracks towards the middle, the production is just so weak and lifeless and it totally lacks the boldness and experimentation you'd expect from a Bowie album. Aladdin on the other hand sounds enormous, is more consistent and ventures into free jazz, cabaret and even James Bond music. In fact, Mike Garson's presence alone practically automatically makes it a better album.

I prefer the 2010 mix to the original.

My top three Bowie albums are Station To Station, Low, and Scary Monsters. Scary Monsters is elevated a good 25% by Robert Fripp's presence. One of his best opening tracks imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=24Ur_OdR7yo

Based. Ziggy has a learning curve which is why i think a lot of the plebeians on mu dont like it. It's a deceptively simple album.

What's your favourite song on that album? I love rock and roll suicide.

Its association with the whole mythos of Ziggy Stardust I think is why it is as popular as it is. To the Bowie fans who are attracted to him for the music rather than the persona, the album definitely pales in comparison to the rest of his output. It's a great pop rock album with excellent arrangements, but it only briefly flirts with more exotic musical ideas (you can hear elements of cabaret and proto-punk on a couple of tracks).

I have a theory that Bowie was responding to Roxy Music's debut album with Aladdin Sane, given that both their debut and Ziggy released in the same year and the former was so forward-looking that it made Ziggy Stardust sound conservative and restrained, even then. So Bowie decided to incorporate a far wider spectrum of musical influences on Aladdin Sane to compete with Roxy's output, and it was all the better for it.

Not that user but I like Five Years

1. Outside is good despite not really having the right to be. The spoken word interludes kinda suck but it's a solid industrial-esque concept album.

i dont listen to known rapists

She said herself that she enjoyed it though, at worst it was statutory rape and Jimmy Page was the really fucked up one in that scenario.

Wild is the Wind > Word on a Wing > Station to Station > TVC-15 > Stay > Golden Years