Anons over 40, how do you cope being an older music fan?

Anons over 40, how do you cope being an older music fan?

Attached: 1549526300405.png (645x773, 49K)

>imagine being in your forties and browsing Yea Forums
lmao just off yourself at this point

How many people here are over 40? I could never quite figure out what the main demographic of this board is.

I cope just fine. I cringe at most of the threads these days. Been on 4chins since 2006 and browsed /m/ since about 2011.
BTW - This board is utter shit and I'm just here for the legit boomer threads and to shitpost.

what are you doing with your life grandpa

Kys

What are you doing with yours?

It's great, more timenive had to listen to lots ofmusic,and make friends to discuss with,though my taste has become very strange with all the phases I've been through. The stuff I listen too is crazy

I wasn't being rude just curious

Honestly, Just killing time while my wife watches TV. As I said. This board is cringe and has been circle jerking to the same 8 or 10 albums since I started browsing in 2011. I was a music fan early in life and have about 300 or so albums I bought in 70's and 80's.
I also attended quite a few concerts in the 70's,80's,90s, and 00's. Never saw The Beatles but I did see the Beach Boys during the mid 70's.

what's your favorite album from the past decade (2010s)?

What's your favorite band from each era?

70's: Van Der Graaf Generator
80's: King Crimson
90's: Peter Hammill
00's: King Crimson
10's: Van Der Graaf Generator.

Fite me.

Haven't bought many albums the past decade.
I'm old school classic rock mostly. What I did buy.
>The 2nd Law
>St Vincent (ST)
>Drones
>Songs of Innocence
>Songs of Experience
>Rebel Heart
>From the Fires
>Anthem of the Peaceful Army
>Muse - Live at Rome Olympic Stadium
>Pure Heroine
>When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
>Madame X
>Western Stars

pic related is a the same model as the first record player I used that was my moms.

Attached: decca.jpg (570x721, 68K)

shut down the fucking thread

Wasn't me by the way70's - Elton John or Led Zeppelin
80's - U2
90's - U2 or Tori Amos ( Saw Both live this decade )
00's - U2 or Tori Amos (Saw Both Live this decade)
10's - Muse ( Saw live this Decade)
pic related same model receiver i bought with my HS graduation money in 1980

Attached: pioneer_sx780_vintage_stereo_receiver.jpg (1024x482, 151K)

It’s not a big deal, Im still pretty immature.
I have gotten a couple good recommends from Yea Forums (they are still here if you wade through the shyte)
What’s the deal about being old? It happens to everyone
Over 40 and saying cringe?

>Over 40 and saying cringe?
It;'s what they understand. I try to stay current with the internet culture and have since I got my first internet connection in 1994. Prior to that I mostly used BBS and dial up services like Genie and AOL.

pic related the same model as my first (and first ever to be on the market) MP3 player with a whopping 8 KB of ram.

Attached: Rio_pmp300.jpg (500x825, 138K)

im 30+

heres how you manage it: if youre past 30 and "into" music, you need to be able to play it too. bonus if its not just some cucky mid life crisis boomer cover band, but an actual musical search and trascendent output. do that. you can always kys too.

If you are hoping for some kind of geezer cred or a competition I’m sorry

>I'm old school classic rock mostly.
dad....

Opps was definitely wrong on the memory. I got the first model available and it had 8mb or ram

I don't care nor do I need you approval or admiration.

Good

Basic bitch. You'd think after 40 years you'd get some taste

one of the things that happens when you get old is that you stop giving a shit about this sort of thing

Um, no sweatie.. you don’t need to

go do your homework, embryo

it would be pretty sad if someone in their 40s cared about "coping" with being a music fan

This is how I know you're over 40. You actually respect U2. But U2 in the 00's??? Fucking MUSE??

Oh sorry Larry I thought you meant you stopped caring about being a music fan

Fuck off boomer nobody wants you on earth anymore

Cri

HAHAHA

It's fine. It probably shouldn't be in a way, music hasn't really progressed for a while and a lot of popular artists are older than me. Kids don't seem to really care about it.

>imagine being old
lmaoing @ this
That wont be me, I will die cause thats way more epic

Why can’t people in their 40s enjoy music?

based

Ew vdgg