String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g
chords, inverse chords, and scales
>all-guitar-chords.com/

Attached: 22d76ba15b77a75f0.jpg (400x600, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3Rjb
instaud.io/3Rzp
vocaroo.com/i/s01HplnQTYDY
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ttc7kq2e18
youtube.com/watch?v=8nrd7Bv99Tg
guitar.com/news/gibson-loses-flying-v-trademark-case-in-eu-court/
ar15builder.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=hW85KrKEphY
youtube.com/watch?v=s-3djUYgebU
clyp.it/cl0fxc34
stringsdirect.co.uk/blog/working-around-a-nickel-allergy/
espguitars.com/pages/usa-m-ii-ntb
vocaroo.com/i/s1uNSbddriDk
shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/toys/music-toys/mini-acoustic-guitar/601736
skinyourskunk.com/completely-custom-guitar-skins.html
vocaroo.com/i/s1vgwh5nF4p9
youtube.com/watch?v=FtxgoX1pxeA
instaud.io/3Syr
instaud.io/3Ssd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

previous:

Weekly backing track, C Jazz:
instaud.io/3Rjb

1st submission instaud.io/3Rzp

Somebody else get in on this already

If you want to add that shit, you make the thread. Until then, fuck off.

heyyyy boys you can look but you can't touch :)

Attached: IMG_20190627_2131143.jpg (666x999, 640K)

why you hefta be mad

vocaroo.com/i/s01HplnQTYDY
thoughts? this is just a rough draft - a demo, so instruments are a bit out of sync and i haven't really bothered with effects. just tried to get the idea recorded asap

who's mad?

The second chord sounds a weirdly high voiced, I think you should try a lower inversion

Is that what we're gonna do, just go straight to shitposting
Can't we at least talk about guitars a bit first

Let me guess, you don't touch it either.

huh, but it's literally just a whole step over the 1st diminished one

I'm not shitposting, but whatever. Talk about guitars. This is a guitar.

Attached: T60001.jpg (420x560, 49K)

>vocaroo.com/i/s01HplnQTYDY
nice, but a very small fragment of what could be a song. I'd be more interested to hear a fuller idea: hint, don't focus on every instrument at once when writing a part... focus on the song in totality, ie. the vibe, the progression, the key, the scales, etc.

Don't compartmentalize your creativity into just creating single parts. Have a goal and stick it out, even if it means just writing it all down on one instrument.

It sounds great though, and your recording setup sounds pretty decent.

I'm going to buy pic related tomorrow.
Why shouldn't I?
What's better for the money?
Whats better for under 800 English?

I like hard tails, this will be the 1st guitar I've ever bought.
(I have a Yamaha from 2008 I was gifted)

I know I started a thread about this, but there was no GG in existence when I did, so re-asking here. Would delete other loaf if I knew how.

Attached: ml1v2.png (203x635, 122K)

I don't like that guitar, it looks dumb

Now here's a real cool one

Attached: some kinda guit.jpg (1080x1080, 219K)

Who was that luthier in the Southwest who infamously hated Les Pauls and triggered the fuck out of Gibsonfriends? He’s dead now, iirc.

I wouldn't buy it but the only reason is because I'd be embarrassed to have that stonkin tadgerheads name branded on anything I own...

not exactly a great reason, but I hate that fucker

Well, you don't have too. That's your prerogative. I'm not a big fan of yours either.

Ed Roman

I don't think you and I would be very good friends

Thanks lad

desu i just have a habit of playing lead and rhythm on the same instrument at the same time but i feel like i only do that out of a desire to hear something more full right away. so it was originally just 1 guitar but i ended up splitting it up over 2 guitars instead.
thanks for the feedback

What's everyone learning right now? I'm working on Hideaway.

Why? Because our tastes differ? Who cares about that? People can be friends and have different tastes.

Any superstrat type guitars you’d say are better within the price bracket?

I really like the look of the guitar ML1

Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Good song

Unironically i've been learning Don't Speak by No Doubt
Well, i say "learn" but there's not much to learn except for the end of the solo which has timing i can't get down for some reason even though it's quite simple

Another good song. That whole album is good. Their later stuff, not so much.

Never actually heard any of their albums
I was just on a nostalgia trip through old MTV stuff that i saw on there as a kid.
Also learned Feel Good Inc. for that reason because even though i'm not a huge Gorillaz fan I have nostalgic memories about their music videos airing on MTV back in 2005 or whatever when i was 12. Jesus christ it's been so long.
/blog

I wouldn't pay $500 on a guitar. I'd just wait a few more paychecks and save up for the suhr Pete Thorn guitar. That is probably the best superstrat setup a person could buy...

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ttc7kq2e18

Attached: hardware-5_2751bb1b-bd67-41b8-b558-f54ad1c6a364_2048x2048.jpg (1400x573, 102K)

It’s not a case of saving up it’s a case of how much I’m willing to spend.
If I’m going to spend 1k+ on a strat I’ll buy a MIA Fender.

tell me about the fender
why is it missing in action?

made in america

Wtf is the point of this thread

>dean internet défense league
>Korean shit plank apologetics
>those 2 guys who seem to think they’re good at guitar and shit on everyone non stop
>Lawyer fag
>that one guy who types up super long paragraphs about ‘feeling the music’ through a squire or WMC
>people posting asian plywood hung proudly on display in a poorly cleaned house
>people owning 8 plywood shit planks and 4 shitty amps and a $600 in pedals

Why? Nobody here knows anything about guitar. Nobody has interest in amps, or has played any of them worth more than $300 dollars. Nobody even realizes about 8 ‘brands’ are really all just Gookguitars from the same shit factory.

You can’t play, you don’t know anything about construction or design, you don’t know about amplifiers, you don’t make any money off of your music if you even have anyone to play with, and worst of all you’re all too poor to even clean your fucking rooms.

Are you fags even western? I feel this is 100% poor Brazilians who think they are on the verge of making it big and attempt to ensure that nobody else In the thread does.

Just a pathetic group. No discussion here allowed at all. Just praising each other’s cheap as fuck gear.

Attached: 392A6996-33A3-4362-8C0C-DF520046910D.png (750x953, 807K)

Get the chapman then. You deserve it you filthy pig.

That sounds like shit. I’d sell it all and start over. The amp and the pick and the reverb all have to go

post the pasta with the anime girl kicking her feet on bed, I like that one better

for not having been mixed mastered it sounds great. Bass freqs are booming with clarity, mids are there, highs need a little boost.

Separate the tracks, put on some EQ and shelf em to isolate freqs and it would sound professional. The mic is good.

I don't have a SSS yet

Fender
G&L
or EB MM

or do I say fuck sss and get a tele from either fender or G&L

In case you haven’t been paying attention. There are THREE guitars worth owning and the rest is all a BS copy or imitation.

Chapman
Schecter Diamond Series
Dean
Ibenaz
PRS SE
SAMICK
CORT
MANSON
Epiphone
Squire
Sterling
are ALL from the same factory called World Music Corporation in Korea. They are famous for abusing workers, shit materials, shit build quality.

You need ONE guitar ever you don’t need 6 for DUH TONES.

If you are poor buy a Mexican Fender otherwise:

1. Gibson SG
2. Fender USA strat of your choosing
3. Ernie Ball music Man John Petrucci model of your choosing

Obviously a Strat for single coil sounds a Gibson for thicker sounds or the Musicman for a modern high gain guitar.

Don’t waste money collecting shit planks like the rest of this board. Collect amps instead or invest it.

Attached: 3485282A-856C-438C-A52B-BEF94470E19C.jpg (750x816, 63K)

what do you have now? what do you play?

Tele's are the go-to workhorse but I find they lack character... they don't have the strat/sss mojo. Strat neck pup is unbeatable.

I prefer tele bridge pup though. Overall strat is better though, better feel, better contour, more unique tone, better tonal variety, and imo better looking. Plus you get trem/vibrato with strats which is big thing for me cause I like to float it.

As far as what brand? depends on pickups mostly. G&L is a great bang for your buck if you do either. I just happen to be a fender fanboy.

what guitar is that?

I have a PRS cus24 and a schecter banshee 7 fr-s

I like to play lots of stuff, from metal to rock/blues to jazz

A Mexican HH or Mexican Jackson if tou can find one, beware of Asians

Fair warning: If you get an american made strat you will never pick up your other guitars ever again.

Return of Saturn is way better pleb

A lot of assumptions in this post. Us that actually try to post quality here get lost in all the shitposting.

Yeah bro is you just get the mix right that’s going to be #1 on the bill boards. I’ve never heard a fender clean with that much reverb before. Mind blowing trail blazing.

i don't know about that. i'm a level 82 tone guru and my PRS is my go to staff

I've got a PRS and I can rarely ever let go of my strat(s) long enough to play it

Generally I'd go for a G&L or PRS SE before chappers stuff if it's the first guitar.

what genres do you play

are those new vintera strats made in a murica or are they beaner fenders?

vintera strat? are you fucking kidding me... checking it out now

Attached: FickleLivelyDartfrog-max-1mb.gif (144x100, 454K)

I'll have mine done soon, it's a fun one. I've got all the little licks I want to put in just haven't strung em together yet

>pleb
feel better now?

fuck.. just looked, they look nice but MIM

shit... well, mexico's gotta pay for that wall somehow

Seeing all the insecure shitplayers scramble to find excuses to post playing makes my day every time

Gross dude, sell your shitty asian guitars and just get a strat. You don’t need 8 guitars just turn the gain nob up .5 settings and you’ve saved yourself $800 dollars. Christ you people over dosed heavily on marketing ITT.

But yeah. Go to the store. Get an SSS and play it for 30 minutes. Realize you’ll only use 1 and 5. Then pick up an SG and play it, realize it’s also really good but different. Decide what you like best.

If you can decide get a music Man JP and realize it’s high gain (turn down volume knob and it’s VINTAGE OUTPUT WAHH??). It has a coil split so you can get that single coil tone from the two strat positions everyone uses strat or the humbuckers from the Gibson. I think some years even have a position 4 and 2 mode on the selector.

I unironically like the Banshee from Schecter but koreN guitars have been awful for me, so you could just have the custom shop make you an actually good one.

Keep in mind I’m telling you this because these 3 guitars have excellent form factor and the manufacturing process and material sourcing is top notch.
Each comes with a variety of neck profiles pickup outputs to match your preference.

Holy shit this dude is based

Attached: 20190628_105114.jpg (1038x1845, 1.03M)

At the moment I tend to play old simple songs by Van Morrison and the Smiths.
I also like Joe Satriani.
I’m still learning. I got given a Yammy from 2008 earlier this year and decided I enjoy playing once I learnt Brown eyed girl

What pedalboard?

Stale pasta

my PRS is american
and I got a scheter to have a 7 string/ have the sustaniac

and I'd rather get a shitty dean sg clone than give money to shitson
i dont like the look of SGs, my dick goes for firebirds

You pretty well summed up /gg/. I actually have a nice Mesa amp that I've used for years without problems, even though everyone here told me 'have fun getting it repaired'. Basically all I see is a lot of sour grapes, shitposting and jealousy and no real important or valuable discussion.

Attached: IMG_20190524_174857553.jpg (4160x2340, 2.21M)

Do you seriously think an anonymous Mongolian underwater chess board is the place for actual discussion?

Some generals on this site are better than others, just not this one. I check back about once a month and it doesn't seem to change at all. So yeah, you're right, not much valuable discussion.

looks like an orc came all over the fretboard. I kind of like it

Because people like you don't stick around to make it change. If you leave the zoo to the animals, the animals end up running the zoo.

I am unironically learning James Franco by Polyphia

Thats a great analogy. I think the main issue here and even on most guitar forums is the actual good players spend very little time browsing forums and gear stuff and actually spend a lot more time practicing/playing. So you end up with a thread like this where its hard to take things serious when 95% of the questions are a search away and then I find a lot of people just want to constantly deflect ideas and advice and it just turns into a shit fest real fast.

it's probably because
1. not many people play guitar in the year 1950+69, so it's going to be a small general
2. those that do play, most are really, really bad. those that are good, don't need to post for validation
3. if you are good and post, you'll still get shittalked by those who aren't, because this is Yea Forums and they can
4. the guitar industry is at the stage where unless you're buying absolute trash, you really can't to wrong. There's no real point to sperging about amps and gear when it basically amounts to tone snobbery and opinions
5. other generals already cover what this general does i.e. posting your music or learning theory
6. yeah we have a brazilian problem and it's unfortunate

Trying to get my skillz back from a year+ long hiatus; redoubling efforts to learn the scales up and down the neck. Mostly metronome practicing atm.

I want the kinetic blue EBMM Petrucci Majesty so bad...

Good morning my friendly peers

Attached: dean-customspalted.jpg (550x193, 35K)

nice guitars, I really like the banshee. Amazing instrument.
I'll recommend you a tele, though, because you need something with a fixed bridge. If you can get a nashville tele, even better.

b-but I always really liked the look of a Les Paul guitar, are they really that uncomfortable?

>Realize you’ll only use 1 and 5
t. retard

How long have you played for and is this through a line 6?

I have a 2008 standard plus. It's a beautiful guitar that has a warm tone and nice sustain, but it's pretty fucking heavy. It's also not really easy to play... But it sounds pretty great with both a clean tone and with high gain.

I have a PRS SE Paul Allender I got for $550 from the floor of a Guitar Center that's far easier to play, not nearly as heavy and sounds great with high gain due to the EMGs.

Les Paul is iconic and they are really pretty guitars though. You are paying for brand name, the warm tone and the finish. Any questions?

How many cocks can you fit in your mouth?

None, my wife's tits take up too much room.

i can take comfort for the rest of my life knowing that no matter how shit my music is, it's nowhere near this bad

youtube.com/watch?v=8nrd7Bv99Tg

Post pics

guitar.com/news/gibson-loses-flying-v-trademark-case-in-eu-court/
EU court coming in the clutch. Gibson roasted yet again. Will they ever learn?

Welp you're going to call me a liar but I can't find anything for you. She has no social media presence and doesn't post herself anywhere (part of the reason I knew she was a keeper). Sorry man.

sure, *wink*

why the fuck can't custom guitar shops build a decent website? Fuck you warmoth you need to show me more than a 240x240 picture of the wood you're trying to sell, same with keisel. You'd really think they would have a builder that shows you the guitar as you're picking the pieces and I could've sworn that warmoth used to have that, but goddamn is it a pain in the ass

they do

So can I get that warm tone and nice sustain on a more practical and lighter guitar?

where? I'm clicking through this shit and goddamn this fucking website is a piece of shit, I do web dev for a living and I'm honestly thinking of emailing them and offering to fix their website out of the kindness of my heart because this is just an awful user experience. You can't hardly select one fucking thing without the entire page going unresponsive and needing a refresh, it's really really bad

>LIMIT YOURSELF TO THE CLASSICS REEEE YOU CANT IMPROVE OVER THE 50s
Fuck off yngwie ya gypsy fuck

unique choice laminate top on bodies

I don't think they're chugging enough

I'm talking about something like this, but for guitar parts

ar15builder.com/

an actual interactive builder, so you can see exactly what you're picking and how it will look before you decide to drop an inordinate amount of money on it. maybe there is a custom shop out there that has one but if so I haven't found it yet, and it's really surprising in current year

New pedal day!

Attached: DSC_0223.jpg (3264x2448, 2.63M)

yeah fuck that guy. i hate curved fretboards, compound radius included, but i like single coils but only in the neck/middle. fender wont make that shit because durrr we make em like the rock stars played so im not buying. like gibson won’t make hh+floyd because acdc didnt play that

inb4 the latest personality larp says tuning stability is useless and so are trems

>gibson won’t make hh+floyd
They do actually. It's called Les Paul Axcess.

People who care about what guitar you buy and argue about what types of guitars should be bought at all are generally not players or can play about as well as lee anderton. At the best. So since they cant get attention for their nonexistent music they demand you suffer through their shitty opinions which usually boil down to

“Fuck all affordable entry level instruments, spend over a grand always”
“Buy one of my favorite guitars, everything else is stupid, pointless, soulless, for manchildren, for posers, and comes packed with fresh poo in the control cavity”

Just dont pay attention to the pros who dont follow their advice. They’re either dumb or paid off. Nobody would ever willingly play something other than their favorites.

I'm sure you can get close. I guess it depends on what you want to play, or if you care that much. I wanted a Gibson USA Les Paul really badly because it's iconic and a bit of a status symbol, but practicality wise and particularly on a limited budget you could get much better value for dollar.

My Les Paul retails for $2200... It's very pretty, sure, and it has a great tone. I will never need another electric guitar for clean tones again. If you just have your heart set on it (I did) do it, you'll love it. As far as the comfort, the point is if that's a big deal to you there are much lighter guitars. I also should mention I didn't know as much about guitars as I do now, bought the Les Paul about 6 years ago.

I feel like Gibson is the Apple or Razer maybe of guitars - the product is very solid but it's overpriced for the brand name and finish I think. I hope this helps.

Its that anime posting guy who owns an lp and usa strat but cant play either

the more popular your music, the more valid your opinion. pic related

Attached: SG MASTER RACE.jpg (564x800, 71K)

Trying not to be the guy he describes lol

Lulz epic troll for the win

nigga it's a joke not a dick don't take it so hard

its 2019 you homophobic racist

I should mention that my wife has a Fender Stratocaster (she doesn't ever play...) that is light, pretty easy and fun to play, and also has great clean and high-gain tone in my opinion, to give you something else to consider.

this, sm damn h

Attached: polyphia music video, just the usual stuff.png (759x389, 355K)

would a homophobe post this?

Attached: better player than u.jpg (469x620, 71K)

Imagine spending more than $1000 on anything but a custom made guitar

>i want to play my favorite tv dude/anime girl's instrument!

how childish

buying "signature" guitars is the peak of this nonsense but many famous people and anime characters play stock models that fanboys buy as if they were signature

Attached: hina naturale.jpg (452x680, 43K)

Thanks for your opinion. Personally I don't care about the iconic aspect, even less about the status thing. I simply biased towards Les Pauls because the guitarists whose tone I admire the most all played them. The music I'd like to make is something similar to what Robert Fripp and Brian Eno made in the 70's, and Fripp always played LPs for their long sustain and warm clean tones, which is exactly what I'm after.
youtube.com/watch?v=hW85KrKEphY
youtube.com/watch?v=s-3djUYgebU
If there is a less known brand that makes the same (or better) guitars than Gibson, I'll gladly buy from them instead. Fripp himself plays Japanese brands like Tokai nowadays, for instance. I just know nothing about those.

polyphia haters literally cannot stop getting dabbed on

Attached: the goat has spoken.jpg (581x619, 61K)

Ebony or Heritage Red Gibson SG?

I owned a $2000 les paul that had shit for sustain and a mexican strat that went on forever like you were playing a flute and just running out of breath

Brands don't mean anything in guitars. Set neck vs. bolt on doesn't matter. Paint color doesn't matter. Figured maple caps don't matter. Wood is magic, you can look at it for a straight grain and dry it out but every piece is going to be different on the inside. It's not consistent, not even if you buy solid grade A+++ honduras mahogany every time and get your guitars from the same expert luthier.

You have to stop typing, get out of your chair, go down the street and actually play the things to make a decision.

The only problem with these self taught guys is that they focus on gimmicks. I hope he doesn't get trapped on them.

*tempts you*

Attached: 99297169_tom-anderson-hollow-drop-top-t-trans-bora-bora-to-blue-.jpg (600x504, 72K)

what do you mean gimmicks? I'm pretty sure both of them were taking lessons until like 3 years ago or so, after their first big album I think they stopped but they're not entirely self taught

I love swimming pool finishes

Attached: ChlorineAndBirdWood.jpg (640x960, 93K)

Timmy Hendrix was taking lessons while he was still in 3rd grade

What does everyone here use for a footrest? I've been putting my foot on my other foot and it's starting to get really annoying, any recommendations for household items that are perfect footrests?

I checked the video for "92 explorer". That kind of gimmicks.

You can get a fripp-ish sound with any humbucker equipped guitar and a round sounding fuzz. Also recommend some kind of sound on sound looper .

clyp.it/cl0fxc34

you know that's just him playing around on a Post Malone song right? only gimmicky thing i see in that video is the harmonics stuff which is really overdone but still

Poor teacher :(

Ahhh, well in that case you probably should go for the Les Paul! I didn't care about getting that classic tone or whatever, I listen to metal mostly. If you want warm tone and long sustain, that's the guitar. :)

Your welcome, I hope that was helpful.

This is also true... You could easily get a lemon.

Go to guitar center and play a few of them, they ALWAYS have used Les Pauls.

Go to an actual music store instead, they might take care of their crap or at least not attract so many teenagers

You know those are just gimmicks, right? It's like Mateus "I only know sixths" Asato. Just one word dictionaries.

>urgh you call this music? where's the polyphonic chromatic harmonies?

And your compositions?

You've never taken a picture of your own wife?

What's the difference between having your own style and it being a gimmick? You saying so?

>polyphonic chromatic harmonies
just leave it there.

All fretboards are curved

>Strat
Would definitely not touch

Harmonics? Gimmick.
Palm muting? Gimmick.
Fingerpicking? Gimmick.
Hybrid picking? Gimmick.
Alt picking? Gimmick.
Sweep picking? Gimmick.
Downpicking? Gimmick.
Strumming patterns? Gimmick.
Guitar? Gimmick.

Piano? Now that's a real instrument. But I recommend the synth for its greater variety of timbres.

I mean I have unlimited on-demand in-person access to her tiddies (work from home). Pictures not necessary. :P

>piano

plebeian

i only compose for a full orchestra

that's a good question. Overuse, I guess. I'd have to elaborate more, but I'm going out now.

I triggered el homo retardo. Not happy.

>I realized I had no argument so I'm going to shitpost about gibsons now

k

Attached: 1557544664245.png (1686x1440, 324K)

Wedding pictures?

Never change

I'll never get tired of you either baby

>doesn’t like Gibson
>gave $3k to the tone man

Yikes, atleast PRs is well built

What;s so good about the Ernie Ball music Man John Petrucci? I've seen it shilled here many times now.

They say the same thing to me about my BMW.

It’s called jealous poor people coping. Best to ignore

Have you taken the gut-string pill yet /gg/?

Attached: image2.jpg (1024x685, 488K)

The tone man is a former gibson employee

Some say he was one of the few good ones

My porsche was a better value. Front engine, rear wheel drive is a retarded layout for drift kiddies and other people who can't drive. Why would you put all the weight away from the driven wheels? If it's in the middle it makes the car easier to balance.

No, I really own a porsche. It's totally not a pontiac fiero. I drive a porsche. Trust me.

I would argue gimmicks are cliches that are used only to appeal to a subset group. Polyphia could be gimmicky for using trap beats, but nobody has combined trap beats with twinkleshred guitar, so I would that if it is a gimmick it is at the very least an original one that they're really good at. Except when they have to play it live kek

TFW having nickel allergy. It's sucks so much that the one thing that makes me happy (playing guitar), is making me ache and itch all over the fucking place.

Attached: 1561340802946.png (366x542, 290K)

Mmm, creme and black? Patrician combo.

You talking about PRS? He never worked for Gibson.

>one guitar from 56
>one guitar from 61
>one guitar from 2013

Retard

Name the ‘better’ guitar ?

They make Nickel free strings you know

stringsdirect.co.uk/blog/working-around-a-nickel-allergy/

or you could do 10 seconds of googling to find out what strings you can get that have no nickel in them

Tim is good
Scott is a metalhead, he can't play their new style at all even though he's good at more legato, melodic lines and palm mute chugs
Their bassist is the bassist, no problems there
And they already had to replace the drummer

It's 99% scott fucking it up. He needs to be relegated to the rhythm section.

>not using SS frets and SS strings
Stop using boomer gear

Is John Bonamassa the peak boomercore guitar idol? Thoughts on him?

>back when scott and tim each uploaded their own individual songs to gauge fan reactions and everyone loved Tim's trapwank and had lukewarm response to Scott's metalcore

poor boy
Tim's been calling the shots ever since

Attached: 1540342393898.jpg (549x536, 40K)

I don't even know what type of person would listen to this guy.

yep, boring as fuck but boomers fucking love him
My dad asks me if I've heard of that "bonamassa guy" like once every two months

Right on schedule comes the poor fag who thinks his Indonesian ply wood Les Paul is just as good as a US spec Gibson.

News flash poor fag: you’re poor and your guitar is made just for people like you. You’re music is soulless garbage and nobody wants to hear you play your soulesss shit plank.

Sell it and go get a job. Instead of posting the same useless shit everyday. NO BODY RESPECTS PLYWOOD KNOCK OFFS OR WANTS TO TALK TO THE OWNER ABOUT HIS EQUALLY AS SHITTY MUSIC.

Cheers

imagine being this angry because you have a $2000 guitar and can't even make $20 off a gig

Everything I've read and heard about it, reviews of it, etc. make me believe it is the absolute perfect guitar for comfort and ease of play using high gain tones for modern metal and rock. It also has a ton of options to change the tone and a beautiful form factor (subjective obviously) and I do not own a high end modern metal guitar. That's why I want one.

>Fuck affordable entry level instruments!

yeah i started my kid on a strad

fuck gookshit, nothing beats the presitge and TONE of real TONEWOOD! asians are soulless bug people and can't make instruments like the godlike people of the west

heil hitler

He needs to be beaten

cool it, homophobe
4channel is no place for bigotry

Back in my day trolling meant something

Now it's indistinguishable from genuinely angry retards yelling at people because their lives are worth less than their macbooks.

>It also has a ton of options to change the tone
How? Knobs?

Niggerfaggot

This is the kind of hyperbole I come to Yea Forums for.

Shut up you fucking wop

Double bridge and neck coils that you can run single if you like with a piezo pickup that you can mix in or run solo. It rounds out clean tones really nicely. The difference in sound just from that makes it really neat in my opinion.

But I guess yah, knobs.

Their bassist sucks too, watch him dip out on the only part of of OD that isn't whole notes. Tim should just fire everyone and be a solo artist honestly, at this point Tim is polyphia. Just like how Mario and Erick could fire everyone in chon and it wouldn't change anything, and even then I wonder how much Erick writes since his solo style at least is extremely different from Mario's and sticks out in their songs quite a bit. Also he doesnt take Smash seriously so it's only a matter of time before the Camarenas axe him

Split hums and a piezo? That's not really new or innovative.

>Tim should just fire everyone and be a solo artist honestly
That makes perfect sense. He's taken them so far away from what they used to be and he's the one with all the hype now. Keep the drummer as a touring musician since he's got the hi-hat trap shit down at least and then find competent pros for guit and bass to tour with

They're probably "friends" or some gay shit like that though so it won't happen

>Also he doesnt take Smash seriously so it's only a matter of time before the Camarenas axe him
lel
I'm pretty sure there's one more Camarena brother left too, just make it The Camarena Bros Band

>tfw quit weed half a year ago but have been feeling super uninspired ever since
Playing guitar was WAY better when I was high all day.

You fucked up your dopamine levels
Get more sun and exercise and don't abuse fapping and you'll gradually come back around
Or take the easy way out and get on SSRIs

Maybe not, I thought it was a really cool system that along with the fit and finish of the guitar itself and the reportedly ultrasmooth ease of play really impressed me. Maybe I'm a pleb, but it was designed by a virtuoso who plays exactly the kind of tone I want and it was highly endorsed by a youtuber I very much enjoy - that got me interested.

After watching a few reviews and reading about it, it seems like exactly what I want. I mean what do you look for in a guitar? Maybe we want different things.

Dopamine levels were fucked to shit already way before that due to ADHD (and maybe years of ritalin as a child, but there's no conclusive evidence for that)

1. I dont gig anymore becuase its pathetic watchign soem cringe fags try to make it big in 2019 with a guitar
2. you're poor and your guitar isn't impressive and nobody respects you no matter how skilled you think you are at playin git

I think they'll break up soon, scott for sure isn't into the trap shit half as much as Tim is, and doesnt seem to be into the lifestyle either. Reading Tim's Twitter youd think this dude was an A list rapper and not a good guitarist in a niche subgenre instrumental band with all the drugs and hedonistic shit he does. I predict polyphia break up or tim overdose in the next 2 years honestly.

Kek when I found out the new bassist was a Camarena it honestly kinda bummed me out. What bummed me out worse was hearing that their drummer doesnt write or record his own music, that's the musician equivalent of dragging your wife on stage every show and watching her get fucked while you play

What are you on about? Paul Reed Smith is the owner of Les Paul guitars and he built the first ever Rickenbacker keyboard in the 1790s

>He can't afford an ESP
>he settled for a two grand gibson

lol

espguitars.com/pages/usa-m-ii-ntb

One might question what it is that draws you to this general.

how bad do you think each one of them wants to fuck the girl bass player?

vocaroo.com/i/s1uNSbddriDk

he's a weeaboo who owns a les paul because of K-on and a strat because strats are good

he's eternally angry because he spent a very large amount of money on guitars only to be outdone by mexican jazz-fusion shredders with schecters and line six amps, so now he acts like he's in this fantasy world where everyone is mark agnesi

>:P

thats how i know shes a fat cow and also how i know you barely get to touch her

To get the same quality as ESP, you'd have to spend twice as much on a Gibson or half as much, if you make the smart choice and buy a Ibanez Prestige.

Ibanez necks are too thin.

I wanted to discuss guitars and amps but instead I just get a bunch of fags posting generic music, defending WMC, and trying to tell me nice guitars are bad and bad guitars are just as good. You can even explain to them the differences and they just fart into a microphone and post it and keep on brazilian shredding. Sad state of affairs. Going to go fuck me wife and plant some trees in my yard. Later fags.

Tripp plays Tokai Les Paul's mainly when he travels overseas so he doesn't have to take the risk of putting one of his good Les Paul's on a plane. But the reason why he's afraid of losing one of his good Gibson Les Pauls is because he has a few fantastic "singing" ones. Most guitarist have no idea what this means because they've never had the pleasure or luck to stumble upon one themselves, they're rare birds.

This won't mean anything to you right now but if you play enough of them you may get lucky and find one. The other people are telling you the truth, you have to keep seeking them out and playing them to find what Fripp has.

We get it, you're a bad satire of a gearfag.

No, im just a gear fag wanting to discuss gear but instead you all are just low iq morons.

Attached: asteriskman.jpg (1920x1082, 252K)

>there's a working configurator

Finally I can get my dream guitar that I came up with all on my own without any outside influences whatsoever

Attached: worth it.png (1887x770, 771K)

Hey there fellow ePosters! Greetings from Lexington KY!

Glad to see you all pluckin those strings and typin away at your keyboards!

I got a quick question if you don't mind reading it. Does anyone know about a possible Cracker Barrel limited edition version of a guitar I can buy? It can be any brand, I just want one to commemorate the restaurant. I've been going every sunday since 88

Attached: TourGuideStoreFront_690x390.jpg (690x390, 124K)

>I want to discuss guitars
>stop discussing guitars with me I already told you which ones are good
Yikes

We get it, gear fags are low IQ and you're a bad parody of one because you hate this thread for making fun of your bad playing and want it to die.

kek that guy hurt your butt so bad

Ask and you shall receive

shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/toys/music-toys/mini-acoustic-guitar/601736

Attached: 71QcE5YkHCL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 37K)

Get a custom skin made

skinyourskunk.com/completely-custom-guitar-skins.html

Did that guy even post his playing?

He did once. It was really not good

Yes lmao

vocaroo.com/i/s1vgwh5nF4p9

Attached: how weeb guitarists see themselves.jpg (1035x582, 78K)

>Looking at PRS guitars
>Literally the only one they make that fits my criteria.
>SE
>Signature of some guy I've never heard of

Attached: prs.jpg (1200x1800, 540K)

I've never posted my playing here and I never will.

I have a code.

Attached: 1554110889569.png (865x1049, 1.16M)

I'm new to this general; there appears to be a lot of hate for brown skinned technically proficient guitarists. Could you provide me with a primo example of one of these mexican jazz-fusion shredders to that I may also hate them?
I thought just their nationality was sufficient before but I see now there are worlds of disdain that are unexplored by me.

Also do folks in here buy guitars intending to try to make a living with music? I have expensive guitars but I bought them because I enjoy learning and playing guitar and want nice things.

>T-that isn't me

*squawk squawk squawk*
Hmmm, warm vintage tone

>there appears to be a lot of hate for brown skinned technically proficient guitarists

Attached: ConfusedBlackGentleman.png (300x256, 88K)

I have
I'm better than Jcum
I realize that's saying much, but it gives me a small comfort knowing I'll never be the worst player here.

at last you show your face

I have a PRS SE Paul Allender signature, didn't know who the fuck he was but I love the guitar. Got it for $550; seems like an insane value for what I paid.

Dont pretend anime poster. We all remember being embarrassed for you. I wont post it because you're a benign kind of cancer and I dont mind your shenanigans too much

> mexican jazz-fusion shredders
> brazilian shredding

Again I'm new to this, I have just been hating based on skin color and nationality. I need some context.

I showed Linda and she said she doesn't like those but thanks anyways. Do you guys know of any other sites on the web that sell guitars? I can afford a plane ticket to anywhere in the lower 48 if I plan it right so location isn't an issue.

I just don't want a trem or that awful stop tail/tunomatic one piece thing.

>mfw I got to them
When a mile compares itself to a yard it's always going to come out on top. Aim a little higher, Jcum's playing shouldn't be a baseline for anybody.

Attached: 1500921562502.jpg (731x1000, 104K)

Sorry I'm not sure what the tunomatic thing is you are referring to; I have this model. As far as the tremolo, I didn't want it either so I just pulled the arm out... Now I'm glad I have it so I put the arm back in.

Attached: gitter.jpg (1652x916, 136K)

Just block the PRS trem. It's not a floating trem like a floyd and isn't an autistic mechanical process to restring. Mines basically a comfy hardtail, I bought it used without a trem arm and have never used it

Here you go bro. My buddy will custom make this one for you but it's going to cost you at least $15,000

Attached: cracker guitar.jpg (954x341, 37K)

> Cracker-Burst Finish

Play a lick for us, guitar man.

I've already got 2 blocked. Why bother with a 3rd if I can get a hardtail?

Ok, I will.

If you beg me.

>a korean PRS with bats on it

Same factory as schecter diamond series indeed

She sure looks like a beaut. I guess its worth a mention that I don't do business with no italians or chinamen neither.

ONEGAI~!

Attached: img_2.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

Why didn't he want to post this here? What's wrong with us where he didn't want our help?

Attached: 1538706533842.jpg (219x210, 5K)

Hey dude isn't that the guitar from fooly cooly? Sick.

Blocked trems are hard tails. Hard tails cant be trems.

Majestic

hee hee hee

Blocked trems are blocked trems. I get what you're saying though.

Prs did it first actually.

Are you a legit retard?

should I make sure the neck is as straight as possible before I set up the intonation at the saddles? or does a slight relief not make a difference

Attached: m3ZwbWV.png (373x365, 316K)

No difference. Action is preference

Why not just give the optimal relief and adjust the action with the saddle screws? Who the hell adjusts their action with the trust rod?

It's a system user. Not everyone enjoys a perfectly straight neck. Use your brain a little. It's not hard

ok doke, thanks

No. Schecter did it in 95 with the release of the Damien series.

Guitar necks aren't supposed to be perfectly straight. They're not designed to be. Do you know nothing about guitar design and setup?

Intonation is the last thing you do in a setup. Neck relief, string height, pickup height, intonation. That's a bare-bones setup.

I'm well aware, but user above saying action is completely from the saddles is also wrong. But you're a troll. Last (You) for you

>He drops his other persona
>angry premium guitar shills disappears

lal

Jazz standards, Ted Green chord voicings

How am I a fucking troll? I'm one of the few people here that try to educate in this wastepool.

Oh god here we go with this again

Attached: E8AE0736-ADC8-48E0-A05D-1404B6D0769E.jpg (1300x1390, 234K)

you forgot the based reddit meme machine tele

Gibson SGs are shit. You can repost this troll over and over again and no matter how "original" and "authentic" they are, technology has improved and now an SG is literally one of the worst guitars you could buy. They aren't the original so much as they are the prototype. Any old set neck superstrat is better.

>b-b-b-but asians
ESP USA

Hey man, when I got it ten years ago it was the nicest guitar I'd ever had! I still like it for what it is. Don't h8.

found a pic of your living room bud. are those rat turds i see down there?

Attached: 950_zps1m3jja9v.jpg~original.jpg (950x713, 206K)

See

i've never been to reddit or any other "real" forums but you chucklefucks are like free advertising for them

Yea Forums is only good for talking about anime and sports. once you outgrow those, this site is shit.

The best amp sounds like a Fender clean and like a Marshall dirty, is there such an amp?

>i've never been to reddit or any other "real" forums but you chucklefucks are like free advertising for them

>Yea Forums is only good for talking about anime and sports. once you outgrow those, this site is shit.

Attached: 04634841-F1B1-42FD-84C5-17F279EC6738.jpg (750x750, 84K)

Made in Brittan DSL 40

Still haven't outgrown anime huh?

Personally I'm waiting for the day I outgrow sports.

pretty pricey for a MIM, but the colors on the new fender vintera series are great

Attached: fender-vintera-60s-jaguar-modified-hh-pf-surf-green_1_GIT0050607-000.jpg (1280x1280, 59K)

AxeFx

Are they at least nitro?

Oh wow dad tell us more

How would you convert bass lines to the ukulele?

Attached: 1522525835088.jpg (960x960, 42K)

So what's an affordable guitar that makes good use of technological advancement?

But why is it so expensive? I want some quality modelling at the cost of an arm

*I don't want lol

These over-switched guitars are a fucking joke and everyone copies the les paul's 3 position switch for a reason. Gibson, for all they do wrong, at least got the controls right. Nothing else beats the way they do it.

>Affordable
Get a job. As long as they're made of wood you'll get what you pay for, and if they're not made of wood and are still good, they're going to cost a bit anyways.
>Guitar that makes good use of tech
Superstrats, headless superstrats, and guitars that pretend they aren't superstrats (ie: music man JP). Pick one, but it's the current endgame of the electric guitar until optical pickups become practical and flat response/wide bandwidth actives ala cycfi work their way into the market and even then they'll just be fitted onto superstrat-like bodies with locking tremolos or evertunes. The future of guitars is pretty apparent. Select that, or go full vintage. The awkward period in between is pretty much irrelevant and doesn't offer the best of either world, so it's just a bunch of beginner guitars really.

Because they have to recoup R&D costs and make up for the fact they're in a low-demand niche market without resorting to excessive cost cutting

Attached: 7859a89c0864f43fea238022fefb4867.png (496x571, 123K)

TC-50: youtube.com/watch?v=FtxgoX1pxeA
Got mine used for $1200, posted it earlier.

I have a Pod HD that I really like...

Bias amp is pretty good for pretty cheap. I use it and can post some tones if you want.

guitar facts: you get exactly what you pay for no matter what brand you buy unless it's korean or indonesian

then every guitar plays like it costs $500, even if it's $250 or $1500, with a few outliers that play like they're $5 and even fewer that play like they're $5000 (both of which occur at every price point)

>He plays with distortion

lol

Attached: 7dd3792affc524ea6ba42a56f9380936.jpg (1000x1125, 178K)

What cabinet do you use?

I bought the 1x12 Closed back widebody from Mesa, I prefer the Celestion in it over the V30s. The amp has dual master volumes so you can get it sounding good at any volume level, main reason I bought it and a used one has transferable warranty.

Dont you get bored posting the exact same thing every single day? I mean seriously day in, day out, same shit over and over, for weeks, months, probably years. Doesnt it get old?

How is dual master volume better than single? Is it the same as having an attenuator?

Kind of, but its a little different. The reason its better than a single master is because you can crank the channel master getting the full power stage engaged and then control the actual output going to the speaker separately. In other words, you get the power amp saturation without needing to crank the amp up loud like an old Plexi or other vintage amp. So yeah I feel no need to have an attenuator with it, you get all the good feel of a loud amp at any level. Mesa's in general get a lot of gain at the pre-amp so the amp never sounds thin.

Get a gibson, buy a job, thank me later.

wow bros learned how to play fmaj7 today and it's nice and dreamy i like this chord a lot :)

Is it better or worse than having/using an attenuator?

Post some of your music.

instaud.io/3Syr

Attached: yakub.jpg (1200x1200, 196K)

Honestly, I don't know. I've read a lot mixed stuff on attenuators, some guys say they 'suck the tone' and stuff. I guess it depends which one you buy. They seem to be best for old Marshall's and stuff. With the Mesa I see no point in having one with it. The only reason to have one that I can think of is if you wanted to change how it breaks up over various wattage levels by controlling the headroom and stuff, but otherwise I'm fine with just running it full 50W. Its one of the main reasons I bought the Mesa, I really didn't want to fuck around with attenuators and load boxes and other shit.

what's the matter, can't remember what more than one switch does?

The only thing that matters is whether or not something sounds good. It doesn't matter how you get there.

Attached: 1545771315978.gif (309x360, 309K)

Hey guys
Dad is gone, I hope you're happy

that's some cool ambience. It sounds mono though, you should make that drone super wide for extra vibes

instaud.io/3Ssd
- honing my elevator music skills

let him rip
big F

>we should be using two switches for what a three way does. i hate three ways. it's so hard to remember which position you're in.
>what's a push pull? something we're not using.
>the harder these are to operate the better, fuck those sticky-outy switches they don't look like something off an industrial control panel at all
>yeah, and wheels instead of knobs. knobs are so gibson. we're not gibson.
>okay so how about a kill switch
>a musically useful push button?
>no, this guitar is noisy as fuck because we suck at making guitars, it's like a lightswitch
>why not use the master vol-
>MORE SWITCHES

And so the jag became irrelevant in short order

good suggestion, I should have all the equipment for stereo recordings just never really bothered setting it up.

Your tone is impeccable my man. The progression kind of reminds me of the dead, are you a Jerry Garcia fan?

Sounds good dude. You said you were a piano player before right? Also post guitar plz

Forgot its good for saying fuck niggers

This is double tracked

Dude's as good at mixing as he is at guitar

>I really didn't want to fuck around with attenuators and load boxes and other shit.
Why? Can attenuators ruin the amp or something? Thanks for being helpful btw.

but you gotta justify all those snazzy lookin chrome control plates with as many switches as possible

I think it has to do more with the jangly sound not being fashionable when 70s buttrock came about. The switching on jaguars is super simple, you pretty much have to be a retard to get confused by it. You can basically ignore the top circuit unless you're playing jazz (or want a killswitch) and the main circuit is just an on/off switch for the pickups.

It's just a visually messy and physically awkward way to achieve something can be done with four pots (one push/pull) and a three pos which allows for more options than that anyways

>tfw Cracker Barrel sucks now
They used to have the greatest fucking pancakes.

Did Push/pull pots exist in the early 60s?

yes retard

NEW THREAD

No, not that I know of. Its just a good one is expensive and I didn't want to spend $600-$700 or so on another box that can possibly break or blow up down the road. I do know they can get really hot due to taking the load of the amp and attenuating it. The other thing I know is that the tube life can be shortened since you're still putting a full load across the amp, which makes sense. If I had multiple amps I might have considered it, but with the TC-50 I have no desire to own another amp since it does just about everything well. Even though its a rock/metal amp, the clean channel has turned out to be one of my favourite things about it.

hi guise wuts ur opinin on bos katana

Why so hostile, I was just asking? Go take your meds bro.

Attached: angry man.jpg (500x334, 88K)

wups 4got pic lole

Attached: 7197a70bdac823dcc2c66c70ef4726b9-480-80.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Its hard to beat for $200, but you can definitely get better amps of course

for to play mehtul moosic?

yes. of course fren

Attached: 1318831044048.jpg (600x682, 75K)

K.
Post pics or it didnt happen

Thank you
>The progression kind of reminds me of the dead, are you a Jerry Garcia fan
Not at all, think I've listened to them like once lol

I was experimenting with weird ways to make chord progressions, I played random high whole notes on the piano and then figured out how to harmonize them with chords to make it sound cohesive. Was going for more of an experimental vibe but it just ended up as basic jazz

Gretsch is cool.

If it craps out yes

Who is Gretsch?

root note = chord

Huh, i didn't use any reverb whatsoever tho

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY