I like to rock hard, and I say AC/DC rules and AC/DC haters drool. Rock it up and ROCK IT OUT

I like to rock hard, and I say AC/DC rules and AC/DC haters drool. Rock it up and ROCK IT OUT.

Attached: ac_dc_rock_devil_by_wotnip_d2mbkfa-pre.jpg (755x1058, 206K)

hey bro thas coo

*sip*

Attached: 1531796046411.jpg (1080x1263, 277K)

>Choosing mindless rock when mindless metal and punk that's superior in every way exists.

Uh AC/DC is based and I never heard of mindless metal

Don't be a boomer lite, traditional metal is awesome. If you're gonna rock, go all the way.

Besides, being hard is completely outdated. Today's extreme metal makes hard rock and traditional metal music sound as loud as preschool tunes in comparison.

Trad metal is not mindless. Also sort of pointless since when trad metal was the standard, hard rock and heavy metal were interchangeable terms and only became separate later by bands influenced from them taking certain ideas in other directions while leaving others out, but regardless of how you choose to define things, having a label of hard rock or heavy metal does not invalidate the other since they all came from the same influences and just expressed themselves different

Also, to me extreme metal isn't even hard or heavy, it's extreme, all three things mean something different to me

Attached: thinlizzythunder.jpg (500x496, 73K)

Personally, I feel that metal invalidates hard rock unless its glam rock or 70s hard rock. Glam pulls off pop hooks well and 70s music still had the residual influences of psych rock. Standard hard rock just feels stagnant compared to metal as metal is much denser and pumps out cool riffs far more regularly.

Album you posted does blurr the distinction between metal and hardrock quite nicely though, that just supports my view that hard rock bands should of all adapted and gone more metal.

Extreme metal is a different aesthetic, true. I fucking hate it. It's supposedly very technical but all I hear (or lack thereof) is the butchering of any sound dynamics and musical variation.

Metal doesn’t go great with the bar scene like hard rock does, *sip*

Good point. Metal is more for nerds or working class kiddies. Hard rock does seem to fulfill a niche of 'loud yet accessible' music for many boomers. However, hard rock hasn't been a staple in bars for a very long time. Mainstream people's tastes keep getting more and more inoffensive, its pretty pathetic.

AC/DC is 70's hard rock though. I don't hate extreme metal though I am very picky about it. To me the whole point of it was to take the blueprint of thrash but focus on one aspect, extremity, and death and black both did this in distinct ways, however once you go there it's basically a niche or even a very specific gimmick, and what you end up with is a shitload of bands who really just make derivative boring music that after a point is no longer even extreme since it's pushing no boundaries not already pushed. There is a fair level of variation in extreme metal, but even those variations can seem really gimmicky and silly at times at the lengths of which they need to go to become distinct, be it being half extreme metal and half folk LARP music or being half extreme metal and half shoe gayz or whatever else, it's all gotten a bit silly to me and I don't care for most of it, metal was better to me when it was purer and simpler and just about making good loud guitar driven music.

As for what separates hard rock from metal, to me it can be a number of things...a bigger emphasis on hooks or commercial format or more "danceable" groove kind of vibe than musicality in some cases, in some cases having more of a traditional blues base that most traditional metal shed itself of, but regardless, the two are still tightly interwoven and distinction between the two especially for the 70's retroactively is always a pretty grey area and comes down to subjectivity and personal definitions, since at the time it was all considered pretty much the same thing.

>AC/DC is 70's hard rock though
I tend to forget that with how pedestrian and basic they sound to me, even by hard rock standards.

>Gimmicky and derivative boring music
Could not have summed up extreme metal better. This is based.

I too preferred it when metal was just about making entertaining music with cool Zeppelin style riffs and singing about goofy barbarians and shit. Extreme metal gets stale far quicker than the classic metal formula ever will. Aside from distinct riffing styles, I find blues base a surprisingly good way to differentiate hard rock from metal. It is also a great way to draw the line between oldschool hard rock and the shitty newer hard rock groups that ditched all blues elements and dominated 2000s radio so much.

The demons have eyebrows like Krillin, lmao

Can’t believe boomers wilin this hard on Yea Forums. based and *sip*-pilled

Attached: EA36E796-D3F9-42D3-B4A6-EC16F0E89314.jpg (750x719, 50K)

You don't understand extreme metal and I would appreciate if you didn't comment on it any more.

I think he nailed it. It may be prolific but most of it is gimmicks or derivative circlejerkery because that much distortion and speed ties your hands as far as the compositions go. It doesn't help that most metal musicians aren't trained in art music like jazz and classical. Taking elements from these is the answer to breaking extreme metal's stagnation. I've yet to encounter a metal band that actually handles classical well (neoclassical and symphonic metal is a butchery of classical at best) but the few avant/prog metal bands that do fuse with jazz well are instantly heads above the rest. Syncopated drumming alone can do wonders for a metal album.

I understand extreme metal just fine, and I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to it so I can be quite an "elitist" whenever I am bored enough to join discussions about it, and in those discussions you'd probably think I knew a bit about it, funny how perception can be on an anonymous image board based on what you agree or disagree with at any given moment. Unless of course you're one of those people on here who unironically sing the praises of Deaf Heaven and the like and worship all the meme Yea Forumscore and nothing more, in which case....well.

I will say something else on the subject too that isn't "purist" of me, I love melodeath when done right. It takes the elements I like from death metal and mixes them with elements I like from bands like Iron Maiden and I see nothing wrong with that at all, so you can hate on me for that if you're an old school death or black fan or whatever, I don't care, there is some great melodeath shit.

Well, I couldn't disagree more about AC/DC but you clearly hate them so whatever.

>It is also a great way to draw the line between oldschool hard rock and the shitty newer hard rock groups that ditched all blues elements and dominated 2000s radio so much.
All depends on your definition of hard rock, to me all that 00s era stuff that gets the label....is not "hard rock", to me, I know it's a generic phrase to some that just describes any band who's hard riff driven but not quite metal, but to me it's different. All that stuff to me falls into other genres like nu-metal, alternative metal, post grunge, etc etc, all of which bleed together at times and I really don't care about the specifics but to me it's something different. Godsmack does not belong on a shelf next to AC/DC despite getting airplay on the same radio stations, you can obviously trace a band like that to some combination of Korn, grunge, and Black Album Metallica specifically, all 90's influence.

Boom this

agreed

Attached: 1530352153308.jpg (544x540, 57K)

Nice hog

>Today's extreme metal makes hard rock and traditional metal music sound as loud as preschool tunes in comparison.
And yet it doesn't even carry half their energy. Extreme metal is trash.