How did this band ever become mainstream...

how did this band ever become mainstream? I was expecting some gay marilyn manson rob zombie shit but literally sounds like Einsturzende Neubaten + heroin and crack.

Attached: images.jpg (312x162, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r4TuQ8MQNRs
youtube.com/watch?v=YOiRtcr3-jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNCxpO37fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pWKfXxwmYpQ
youtu.be/7eLa2qJQJHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just like the first album. Also the singer shows up on podcasts like Bill Burrs

Attached: 17-bill-burr-feature.w512.h600.2x.jpg (1024x1200, 179K)

When did Ministry become mainstream?

im pretty sure ministry and al jourgensen in general were big names in the 90s but im not 50 years old so i wouldnt know

they were
probably when their first album hit the charts back in the early 80s.

>significant commercial success
holy crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=r4TuQ8MQNRs
youtube.com/watch?v=YOiRtcr3-jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNCxpO37fQ

They had a few dance chart hits in the 80's
Jesus Built My Hotrod and Stigmata became MTV headbangers ball staple

Gorefest were on Headbangers ball. Gorefest aren't mainstream.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and 100,000 sales over 20 years is still more or less a cult

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

same way thrash metal went mainstream

they sold out in the 90s?

WE ARE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE ANTIFA

Ministry is cringecore

They signed to Warner Brothers and somehow it sort of worked out.

are you implying they rode of their prior success as a synthpop band? Jesus Built My Hotrod is kind of a pop song but Stigmata definitely isn't. I understand shit like Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie becoming popular but Ministry doesn't have any poppy songs (that I've heard). It just seems strange that a band which doesn't have any pop songs managed to become so popular.

Jesus christ that's bad

>some shitty song made by an old drug addict way past his prime discounts everything the band has ever done

back to /pol/

The smack totally fried Al's brain.

>are you implying they rode of their prior success as a synthpop band?
Well it at least allowed them the freedom to continue making records. A lot of synthpop purists abandoned them, but they had a decent goth/dance following, then when they introduced guitars the lost some fans and gained others.
Their more hard edged sounding songs though may not qualify as "pop" but it still has recognizable and repeating sections, rhythms, and melodies that are understandable and enjoyable to listen to. They have power and energy that people like. It's not like they're a free improv chaotic noise band or anything, they write memorable songs.
Jesus Built My Hotrod is a really fun meme song that even normies can enjoy. and was top 40 on both the alternative and dance charts.
Then when NIN became huge people a lager audience looked back to Ministry because of their influence on and similarities to NIN.

They became mainstream from the song Everyday is Halloween

Aerosmith?

drag racing, drag racing
drag racing, drag racing
drag racing, drag racing

Neither do Metallica and yet they're mainstream as fuck.

also you just contradicted yourself, they were a synthpop band, of course they had pop songs.

MAKE MINISTRY
SYNTHPOP AGAIN

MAKE MINISTRY
SYNTHPOP AGAIN

MAKE MINISTRY
SYNTHPOP AGAIN

Attached: microtoko.jpg (148x217, 32K)

metallica has tons of verse chorus verse songs with catchy riffs you sex starved incel

so does Ministry you schizo bitch

Ministry is just thrash metal with a drum machine, a couple samples thrown in, and random pauses in the middle of the riffs.

which is great, but it sure as fuck isn't "Einsturzende Neubauten on crack"

>on crack"
They were on crack though.

mad faggot

im literally listening to "ministry - cannibal song" right now and its just Al wailing over a bass line like 90% of the ministry songs ive heard. i couldnt ever imagine this being on the radio

they certainly were, but they weren't ESNB

Are you guys saying "their first album" talking about With Sympathy?

Attached: MinistryWithSympathy.jpg (220x220, 27K)

>He think it's only one song
youtube.com/watch?v=pWKfXxwmYpQ

cope harder, retard

Attached: laughing_fatty.jpg (480x632, 29K)

cannibal song isn't Al it's another singer, the revolting cocks guy

>i couldnt ever imagine this being on the radio
It wasn't. But Burning Inside was.

>like 90% of the ministry songs ive heard.
how many have you listened to?

Two?

>i couldnt ever imagine this being on the radio
and neither could you imagine Yazoo's "I Before E Except After C" on the radio because it's just jumbled spoken word passages and a phone ringing; but guess what, they also made a ton of pop songs and one of them reached #2 on the UK charts.

we know they also had demos but yes we're talking about With Sympathy

And godflesh is just swans with a drum machine and 4 years late to the party
Most likely. It was successful, nothing spectacular but it charted

Is this thread only for zoomers, or can people who followed Wax Trax back in the day also participate?

true

>the radio normally plays deep cuts u guys, they're totally gonna dig up the least catchy shit off of your album and play it.

You listen to Yazoo? So you're gay, now everything makes sense.

Most people who were Ministry fans back in the late 80s hadn't even listened to With Sympathy. It was all about Twitch, Rape And Honey, and The Mind. Al actively shunned and even suppressed With Sympathy.
The only synthy stuff most fans even knew of was the Everyday Is Halloween-era.

is that song about antifa you fucking retard? jourgensen has made closer to 30 ok to great albums through different projects and monikers but the sad fact is that the last two ministry albums, ones with 99% and antifa, are piss-weak. there's a lot to be said about those albums and those singles, but the fact is that his legacy is still pretty fucking great and that you're a retarded /pol/ incel who only know those two songs from him. backflip into the abyss zoomer

I meant this...

Of course I listen to Yazoo, faggot.
true, but he still made it into magazines and such following the moderate success of With Sympathy, and that's where he started rebranding himself as a hardcore dude.

The studios did the rest.

from what ive read you could actually hear underground shit on the radio back in the 80s and 90s it wasnt all just nigger rap and country back then, same thing with DJs in clubs

Total Coelo just roared past them.

"muh studios" just from listening to Ministry it's 100% obvious Wax Trax just let him get high and do what ever the fuck he wanted to in the studio, this isn't exactly Front 242

and MTV helped a lot.

There were some great "underground" shows on the radio on the 80s. Heard all kinds of shit I would never have known about otherwise.

I mean in terms of promotion.

And Front 242 was never as popular.

yeah they played underground shit on MTV too its crazy to think about

>The studios did the rest

Al had like 14 different bands on Wax Trax. He had free reign. What the fuck do studios have to do with it?

I could but I won't.

Only on 120 minutes. And that was only 2 hours once a week.

Well then fuck off and keep your mouth shut.
I'll still defend Al's glory days.

and the kids loved it

Studios don't promote. Record labels and management promote. Mostly record labels.

Yeah bud you do that

my bad, yeah

I used to set the VCR to record 120 Minutes (because it was only on at midnight on Sunday, which was a SCHOOL NIGHT). It was one of the few places a suburban kid could hear new, non-top 40 music.

Oh, I will.
You continue to hold your tongue for whatever stupid reason.
I'm kind of curious what your reason is.
I suspect you think the kids on Yea Forums will mock you for your age.

apparently people used to read magazines too but honestly I've never touched one. I really wish I was Gen X some times, being a zoomer sucks, growing up in an analog, carburetted world probably made every day seem like an adventure.

>the kids on Yea Forums
Oh you mean like you?

Yeah. There was a local magazine from Miami that would list the top tracks from underground clubs. I would check that shit every issue and then go to the record store and buy the 12" singles. So much great stuff. I miss 12" singles with remixes that were better than the original song... and b-sides.

I already said that I followed Wax Trax in the late 80s .

How embarrassing for you. You should keep your mouth shut too then.

>reddit spacing
>g-go back to /pol/
fuck off, retard

Man, it would be great if Yea Forums had an active successful thread about old Ministry... Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, Revolting Cocks... PTP... Skinny Puppy... Pailhead... Pigface...

nah not really

Why is it embarrassing? Talking about music on an anonymous forum with zero real consequences...
You sound like a real tightass.
Are you embarrassed because you post here and you're older than most of the posters?

You really are miserable, aren't you.

>thinking synthpop ministry is better than THIEVES ministry

Attached: 4FB934F4-9650-4AF8-B774-020E597EFC57.jpg (500x333, 30K)

>I hope they realize that this is their last goddamn chance, kill him!
>KILL, KILL, KILL

Literally not a single person has ever thought that. Twitch and Rape And Honey are great, though.

I tried re-listening to "12 Inch Singles" a couple of days ago. I got to Nature Of Love and had to shut it off because the excessive abuse if the old orchestra hit sample.

>reddit spacing
Wew sounds like you should just be embarrassed in general senpai

YOU WILL NOT KILL!

what the literal fuck are you on? that's not redditspacing, newfag

I've actually been browsing Yea Forums since 2008 and I didn't make a reddit account until 2017 but whatever try-hard.

I love this shit, especially Front 242 and Nitzer Ebb I actually bought T-Shirts. 80's hardcore disco is the bomb, I can't believe white people used to make cool music instead of wishing they were black.

What are you even doing?
I'm just talking about music, and you have to bring up Reddit for no reason? What is your point? Why are you even in this thread?

yes it is

except it literally isn't. you're trying way too hard to fit in despite not even knowing how the linguistics work

Nitzer Ebb are awesome. Even their "comeback" album from 2009 is awesome. Watch the live video if you haven't already. They are really good live.

Oldfag here. Industrial music was always a joke. Ministry? They were like the last little clown to get ouofthe clown car before the elephant sat on it.

Attached: 1553526674202.png (500x500, 296K)

Who the fuck even cares?
Do you go into music threads to police for how people space? What's the point?
Do you like to talk about music?
It's fucking weird.

>"oldfag" combined with anime girl pic

Yeah... No.

I can already tell that you frequently use the term "patrician" unironically.

based

nobody over the age of 25 watches anime made after 2011 you sex starved incel virgin

correct

Ministry late 80s/early 90s killed it live. I saw them on the Mind tour and it was fucking crazy. Nivek was there and they did this song:
youtu.be/7eLa2qJQJHA

nobody does

Still, MAKE MINISTRY SYNTHPOP AGAIN

Attached: madtoko.jpg (217x281, 75K)

>using the phrase killed it live

Attached: 1538727956903.jpg (326x294, 12K)

>Ministry similar to Neubauten
OP confirmed for never listened to EN in his stupid life. Kys retard and never have an opinion on music ever again.

So you have nothing else going on, other than to look though comments and find phrases that offend you?
Shouldn't you be at your knitting club or at church?

Why are you so worked up about dumb shit?

i cringed when i read that too

>a guy screaming over a bassline while drums are crashing

stop being a pretentious idiot before I come over and whoop your ass, where do you live pussy? your anime isnt going to protect you when I come knocking on your door to kick your teeth in you pathetic incel virgin loser

Attached: il_570xN.1620783718_st6c.jpg (570x570, 81K)

Oldfag here again. The only industrial band that ever mattered was Nine Inch Nails and they were a Hot Topic tier cheesefest. Industrial is elevator music for closeted fruits to daydream about gender reassignment surgery to.

Attached: 1517852740833.jpg (485x459, 58K)

>Calls himself "oldfag"
>Anime girl pic
>Calls NIN industrial

Just stop. Go back to your "Only 90s Kids Will Get This" Facebook group.

I saw them when they toured with Death Grips. Enjoyed ot thouroughly

You're the one using anime reaction pics like a closete fruit. I would seriously beat your ass, old man, but since you're a homo you'll probably get turned on by being man-handled.

Sorry, Nine Inch Nails weren't just an industrial band they were THE industrial band and the only one that mattered in the end. There's a new industrial band named Daughters that are watching the throne but they haven't gone for it yet.

Attached: 63a2b7c902b423a47813ddf15a4a606c--homer-simpson-movie-quotes.jpg (236x174, 13K)

>Daughters
literally the only industrial group working in 2019

>be me
>never heard of daughters until these posts
>look them up on YouTube
now that's what I call ABRASIVE

You can actually use Daughters' music to scrub off unsightly, hard to remove stains in your bathroom.

>put daughters on my toothbrush
>brush my teeth
I made a terrible mistake senpai

3teeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daughters

literally who

they make industrial rock
they're pretty good
had their 5 minutes of fame three years ago

So they're no Nine Inch Nails then.

And that's a good thing, cause NiN is weaksauce right now.