Now that the dust has settled, what's Yea Forums verdict on Bandana?

Now that the dust has settled, what's Yea Forums verdict on Bandana?

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redacted.ch/torrents.php?id=1111132
mega.nz/#F!qmQlmSjJ!88223V_bsP5JakSOvpQjRw
mega.nz/#F!COISTQqS!bLd71oyywLWh1JD5wJFsCw
whosampled.com/album/Freddie-Gibbs/Bandana/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AOTY

freddie kane freddie corleone

>watches bojack horseman once

>zoomers don't know about Lord Quas

Attached: quas-brick.jpg (570x583, 122K)

better than pinata, top 3 albums of the year so far for sure

so uh

link

Amazing. Only disappointment is no quas verse

already aoty

rap is crap

10/10

this aint it chief

love it. don't listen to much rap. hate the lyrical miracle j cole shit. hate the aye yuhh soundcloud shit. this is good though. even better than pinata

really excited to hear the instrumental version of this album. madlib really went all out

>that beat switch on Fake Names

Attached: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.jpg (600x436, 25K)

Attached: 1437377259949.gif (758x696, 102K)

anyone got a link?

Palmolive is all time, really wish Bandana made it onto the album though.

My ears have been marauded

Attached: 89.jpg (340x283, 66K)

WHERES THE LINK YOU NIGGERS I WANT TO LISTEN

Attached: 1528021691435.jpg (750x710, 64K)

>all this

also that jap robot narrator
>as usural, no fucku boysu, rearl niggas ownry

wish there were a couple more feats, earl or kendrick woulda been coo

How can they be allowed to have the yellow guy and no LQ?

Respect+

not nearly as bad as piñata
solid 6/10

6th 10 potential?

its weird seeing everyone saying the two trap songs are the best. Madlib didn't do anything interesting at all with them. If you told me they were leftover beats from Freddie's other projects with other producers that they just chucked on here to fill it out a bit I would've believed you. The rest of the album is amazing though.

>i wish there was more time taken up by rappers other than Freddie Gibbs on this Freddie Gibbs album
?

Also no John Gotti Karate

Attached: jordancry.jpg (371x439, 32K)

It's different with this one, we wanted them to lay a verses on these magnificent beats

Hella Bone bone bone bone

it's great but i hope the title is a joke

boring

freddie on his rnb fix on a couple tracks here, dig it. he also switched up his flow numerous times which I appreciate. thought the beat switches were fine for the most part. features was sparse, but gave just enough added spice to the album. also, hearing yasiin on a track again and together with bt was amazing. given the cover and promos I would have loved to hear quas on a track though. would be sick if they did like a bonus track with quas on vinyl or some shit like that.

it's the Bad Character you see upon the screen

WHERE'S THE FUCKING FULL ALBUM UPLOAD

Attached: 1522563209011.jpg (823x1024, 72K)

>WHERE'S THE FUCKING FULL ALBUM UPLOAD
redacted.ch/torrents.php?id=1111132

Attached: Capture.jpg (881x653, 102K)

The album has been out for like 8 hours. The dust has not settled yet PIGFUCK!

fpbp

It's literally in two threads on this board already.
Stupid fucking zoomers can't even browse the website theyre on

it seems pretty mediocre to me for some reason, pinata 9.5/10, bandana 6.5/10

mega.nz/#F!qmQlmSjJ!88223V_bsP5JakSOvpQjRw

Don't spoonfeed him

may i get caught using that link? >.>

i'm halfway through it for the second time, i have no concept of what song is what. but the 2nd half had me really floating away. first half not that much.

you can just click on the tracks and stream them so you won't get screwed. Why are you so fucking scared, are you German or something?

yes, i am german. but i want to listen to it offline and when i'm having a walk. it only comes out here on the 26th of july

It's on slsk

one and a half listen in.

favorite track atm is Fake Names.

I'm not a fan of these fast-rappity rap flow but freddie nice. I still think Pinata's production is better tho.

the japanese guy is killing it. NO FUIKKBOIZ, RIEL NIGGAZ ONLY.

mega.nz/#F!COISTQqS!bLd71oyywLWh1JD5wJFsCw
320kbs
godspeed

I used to work in Germany and knew two people who got fucked over by lawyers over music downloads, you take your risks desu.

yeah that's why i'm afraid, couple of friends got screwed too. i downloaded a lot of Yea Forumscore from mega and nothing happened but i assume that it won't be like this for a new album

holy shit this is definitely AOTY. Just watch as Melon gives this a strong 9.

I'd say the fact that this is on a major label makes a bigger difference than the age of the album.

germany is so fucking gay in regard of downloading stuff

when you say they got screwed, you saying they got jail time?

Finally some fucking AOTY material. 2019 was the worst year for hiphop in a while

no they had to pay like a couple hundred eurobucks

Palmolive SOTY?

Why is Freddie so based lads?

Maddo ribbu ando fureddie gibbsu do it againnu

The people i knew paid over 1k each and it was for downloading 1 shit-tier normie club music song each.

oh ok, you may as well just wait until it comes out on CD, because then you're supporting the artist, unless you're poor af.

yeah well i don't exactly remember. one said something about 800 and another one said 450. may depend on the label or something. but i don't even want to pay them 50 so fuck that. digital media should be free anyways

i will do, money isn't the problem but it' still a month until the CD ships

Digital? Is it on iTunes yet? Have you tried spotify?

it's on spotify but the internet in my area is so shitty that i can't really use streaming devices outside of my house

damn, well then be careful downloading that shit my dude. Use a VPN just to be save I guess.

Fake Names W O A H

these niggas loves beats swtich
me too

Education sounds really familiar. Has the sample been used somewhere else?

Nas - Bonjour
Planet Asia - Made It
There’s a couple others but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Madlib really almost played Montana and threw out some CDs for it last night but Egon and Freddie's manager said not to because that shit is copyrighted lmao

wtf really? what exactly went down. i figured they didnt even start that album yet

good album but I think bandana is still better

It's probably done, if not a majority of it. At the end of the main setlist Freddie walked off stage with madlib but the crowd was chanting their name so they came back. Freddie did one more song before walking out again, but then he came back and finished with crime pays. Madlib was still onstage and legit asked the audience if he should play Montana, to which Freddie seemed really down to do. But fuck man, J Rocc Egon and Lambo (Freddie's manager) shut it down because of copyright I guess. Madlib even seemed to want to throw some CDs out but Egon put his hands in front of him lmao

that's awesome man. wish we got a tease lmao. they really been doing something special. will go down as one of the great duos in hiphop history. like madvillain but with actual output

?

>>>/reddit/
>>>/twitter/
>>>/instagram/

>earl or kendrick
lmao no thanks

>earl or kendrick

Attached: D1pTq7FWsAEJWh_.jpg (446x339, 24K)

>Lambo (Freddie's manager) shut it down

When will they learn.

Attached: 58937438.jpg (176x192, 13K)

wtf is Montana

Next album in Madlib & Freddie Gibbs series

Pfffft why the fuck is it done already, we're not gonan hear it for another 5 years I don't even want to think about it

In an interview Freddie had I think he said they sort of just recorded everything together pretty much. Madlib said that the only way we'd be able to hear it is if he can get good numbers for bandana. I'm guessing clearing samples for bandana was lengthy/costly.

Soul Right and Practice best beats. Don't like Freddies style in general but it's a pretty solid album.

I think he's talking more about the horse + hollywood imagery in general famalam

what's wrong with earl

>the only way we'd be able to hear it is if he can get good numbers for bandana

Attached: thissucks.png (1085x1217, 1.37M)

>Gets fucked around with his first deal with Interscope
>Releases music independently for over a decade
>Decides to sign a deal with RCA for an album which is highly unlikely to do big numbers.
>short term profit!

Attached: low time preference.png (600x640, 32K)

>Man why all my fans gotta be white n shiet

Yeah I'm not too sure they even believe it will do well. Freddie and Madlib both seemed really intent on playing it, Freddie even saying it would be the only time to get played

imo he couldn't touch killer mike, mos def, blackthought, or killer mike on this album. Quality over quantity

when does he say anything like that
I'm not saying he should be on Bandana, just that he's a good rapper in general

Stop this meme.

Im on palmolive but I dont feeling it, the beats are okay but the rap is boring /:

8/10, but Madlib projects always take a while to fully click with me for some reason. not as good as piñata but this album is hardly a disappointment.

Who are your favorite rappers

>Bandana literally has the best beat I've heard in years
>they leave it off of the album
I haven't even heard the album yet, but you KNOW it's good when someone else's career-defining track is just an outtake to these guys.

Rap album of the year, up there with Zuu, blu & oh no’s record and billy woods album

Wish you took 3 more seconds to type out words complete and not sound like a faggot. Faggot.

Download it to your device from Spotify donkey brain.

>it came on just as i read the post

Attached: milespost.jpg (1280x781, 230K)

>paying for spotify
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Yeah it was decent i guess

>Uses a service that predicts taste
>Expecting them to give you the best songs for free

The fuck is with all the cocaine references?

Word around the town is Freddie used to sell it

beat it's fucking insane fuck you mean

This is literally what Kanye wishes he could be

Im an old ghetto kid, grew up with all of this

THIS sounds like the culmination of early kanye, j dilla, doom, madlib were all working towards

Theres a very somber feel to this album for someone who has followed this for decades, its amazing

Kanye's production it's nearly on par with Madlib's.

what's is this from

I get that part, but I think he is a huge fan of using too. Not that I give a shit, just got old.

Kanye's production is good but after this madlib is definitely in another tier. Only producer on madlib's level is J Dilla, and they're at the top

This sounds like what Daytona wanted to be
The jap is a plus

Attached: 1559012430112.png (282x339, 142K)

Different person but I'd put Kanye right up there with them. Madlib is probably a notch above both of them.

Lib and Dilla were progressing at the same pace, had Dilla never died he would be producing the same classics

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

>Don't spoonfeed him
I'm not a "him".

post your fave ye beats

Daytona is better though, Pusha T is a more memorable rapper than Freddie with better flow and lyricism. And while the production is great it feels underutilized. Like Freddie is just rapping over beats whereas on a song like If You Know You Know it feels like the rapper and beat become one whole.

unfortunately dilla was a fucking noob and got pwn3d like the total scrub he was lmao

Champion, Everything I Am, Flashing Lights, Slow Jamz, Thank You/Lucifer (Jay Z tracks)

it's been free for years now

>it feels like the rapper and beat become one whole
I would argue both Bandana and Daytona are like that but whatever

Not him but
>30 Hours
>Last Call
>Family Business
>No Mistakes
>Feedback
>Freestyle 4
>Black Skinhead
>I Am a God
>New Slaves
>So Apalled
>Devil in a New Dress
>Say You Will
>Amazing
>Bad News
>I Wonder
>Drunk & Hot Girls
>Celebration
>Gone
>Addiction
>We Major
>Numbers on the Boards
>If You Know You Know

7/10. maybe a little better than pinata. i like that he sounds like Rakim with better beats.

is this bait? Dilla got a rare blood disease and died from complications. He would be better than madlib by now

Very very good. Contender for AOTY, can easily see this being tied with igor. Crime pays is such a god tier song

Freddie just doesn't stand out to me as much, I love his verse on Old English though

Can take the post MBDTF beats being his with a pinch of salt and also I think DIAND is confirmed not him.

Can anyone explain to me what the appeal of this album is unironically? IMO the rapping is kind of off-beat and the flow does not really match most of the beats. Also, the subject matter is all over the place and there's not much growth in Freddie's raps or themes - I can take a song off here and put it in Pinata and it would fit normally. I don't see much growth or creativity for it to be shilled so hard.

how is it off-beat?
also it's not just about Freddie, the production is amazing.

it's clear he isn't just rapping though. he literally changes his flow with the production in the background, you can tell there's more to his rapping than just rhyming over beats. if you don't see that in this album I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly can't imagine being this much of a brainlet. Watch a lot of Fantano or something?

Palmolive and Fake Names are the best tracks

Perfectly said

Quas is annoying though

HOW THE FUCK IS MADLIB SO GOOD???

He's been doing this 20 years, secured his legend status, releases more music than anybody and and has a style that would be so easy to phone in and somehow this release has some of the best beats of his career

Attached: shazam.png (318x355, 352K)

see

>Can take the post MBDTF beats being his with a pinch of salt
That's why I didn't include Blood on the Leaves or Send It Up, which share production credits with 5 other artists, but at the end of the day he still co-produced them and they're his songs on his album.
>DIAND
Yeah, I just checked, I can't believe he didn't work on that at all. It sounds like such a Kanye song but the same goes for Touch the Sky and that was Just Blaze.

Yea Forums is full of suburban sheltered whiteoids and listening to coke rap is a thrill for them, kind of like watching a minstrel show or Mandingo fights during slavery, also the production is fantastic.

projection

Shut up

>IMO the rapping is kind of off-beat

Save yourself from embarrassment by posting one bar from this album that's off beat right now. I'll wait.

>I stabbed that fuckin airplane that that faggot nigga papazin

You're probably right, I just think the content of the is boring. I don't see the appeal of good technical rapping if subject matter and themes are generic, meaningless, or not presented in an interesting way. Earl did that on his first album and its his worst project by far.

Rather listen to Kanye or early Tyler.

Attached: madlib-quasimoto.jpg (600x400, 90K)

btfo

you can't really compare Earl and Gibbs because Earl was more of an introverted honor roll kid who never did any gang stuff, so when he "gangster raps" it's really horrorcore fantasy shit he made up. when Freddie raps about gangster shit it's coming from his actual childhood. likewise when Earl raps about his childhood it's about being a friendless loner.

You say this and yet early Tyler's subject matter is hilariously predictable, you stupid faggot.

>if subject matter and themes are generic, meaningless, or not presented in an interesting way.

Completely disagree. On the surface Gibbs is all gangster shit but he's got an incredibly touch for conveying the sadness under that life. Deeper is heartbreaking.

You are retarted for that "off-beat" comment, but I kinda agree with you here
>Also, the subject matter is all over the place and there's not much growth in Freddie's raps or themes - I can take a song off here and put it in Pinata and it would fit normally. I don't see much growth or creativity for it to be shilled so hard.
This record is not bad by any means, but feels a bit like more of the same. Madlib's beats are nice but c'mon the guy has been doing this same shit for ages and Freddie is basically doing the same gangster persona he always does. I mean, it worked on Pinata but I don't know why they needed to make another record if is basically going to be the same thing. But hey, maybe it's a grower, I'm on my second listen rigth now, who knows.

I need to listen to it again. Im listening mostly for madlib but freddies no slouch. He peppers in plenty of bars that grabbed my attention. And as far as madlibs production it’s him in top form. Maybe the last two or three songs didnt blow me away but i was half listening at the gym

You’re both right. Not as good as Pinata, it’s more consistent, but has no tracks, that pierce your body with joy like High, Thuggin’ or Uno did. Maybe I’m just getting old.

yeah this is pretty boring and I like Piñata

After a couple of listens, i have to say my favorite part of this album is how evolved it feels. Education feels like an evolution of the concept on Robes, Crime Pays feels like an evolution of Harolds, and Flat Tummy Tea feels like an evolution of Real. It takes those concepts on Pinata and expounds on them, giving them more thought and really fleshing them out. It feels like they finally finished what they set out to do, and if you were to consider a "MadGibbs" album a classic this would be it. Maybe they could expound further but it would have to be in a new direction and Gibbs does not strike me as an artist willing to drastically change their style for a concept.

Attached: 1557340874258.gif (128x128, 16K)

Earl didn't even spit gangsta shit on his first album

It was more like horrorcore

>You say this and yet early Tyler's subject matter is hilariously predictable
In what way?

>horse
How fucking stupid are you?

I don't mean S/T I mean his actual studio album, Doris

What did he mean by this?

Attached: The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs.png (800x800, 1.39M)

literally his first ever bars on Doris:
>I'm a problem to niggas
>Pop artillery, the carbon is with 'em
>Starving to hit 'em, spar with a nigga
>Just watch, I'mma kill 'em all in a minute

>Gibbs is an Anti-vaxxer

Well shit, it would have been fine if he was a WOKE kang, but anti-vaxxers cross the line for me

Just think about it. Government is not your friend.

>On the surface Gibbs is all gangster shit but he's got an incredibly touch for conveying the sadness under that life. Deeper is heartbreaking.
I listened to the song you suggested cause I really have been wanting to like Gibbs, but it does nothing for me, I find most storytelling rap really boring. And even besides being something I can't really relate to or sympathize with (A street nigga being mad cause he thinks he got cucked by a nerd even though all women love street niggas? I don't care) none of the lines hit particularly deep.

>I love her and she love him so I never touch him
>She's got his baby in the oven so it's motherfuck him
>Ain't trippin' cause you got a nigga, I just think you rushin'
>But leavin' him to be with me ain't part of our discussion
>Plus I'm on the road now, different colored hoes now
>Laid back on the dope, I'm getting dollars off my shows now
>Bitches wanna tie me down but I ain't in that mode now

vs

>You weren't perfect but you made life worth it
>Stick around, some real feelings might surface
>Been a long time since I spoke to you in a bathroom
>Gripping you up, fucking and choking you
>What the hell was I supposed to do?
>I know you ain't getting this type of dick from that local dude
>And if you are I hope you have a good time
>Cause I definitely be having mine

I think the latter is a lot more interesting cause its a lot more stylized and specific and while Gibbs is just telling us shit what happened Kanye shows us. And the end of the songs "I heard the whole thing" hits way more than Freddie's "When he find out the baby ain't his, that cut a nigga deep". There was a more creative way to uncover that reveal, instead of the girl coming back to him when her relationship when the geek is failing maybe he sees them from afar in public one day and realizes the kid has his eyes.

Oh yeah I forgot about that
I zone out completely after "I'm a problem to niggas"

I don’t get the comparisons to Madvillainy and I don’t get those saying this is better.

all Kanye stans should just not listen to music anymore

Madvillainy isn't even as good as MM...FOOD

same. still love both albums though

This post is what whites did to hip-hop

I’m ok with both of these opinions. Mm Food is the most underrated album of the 2000s.

Fake Names. Holy shit. Best song on the album? Better than Palmolive.

I'm literally 100% black and from Bed-Stuy

Devil in a New Dress is 100% not a ye beat, pal.

>Palmolive
>Fake Names
>Education

Attached: 139.jpg (340x377, 69K)

yeah I know that now

>anime gif faggots are the type of people that think this shit is AOTY
sounds about right

Situations is based af

You're not and you're not.

Whosampled page is getting filled up

whosampled.com/album/Freddie-Gibbs/Bandana/

Gangsta disciples symbols

I stab a nigga with a pitchfork
Talking out of place
Like I was sniffin’ paint, laced,
Flyin’ up outta space (lord quas)

The unseen is easily the best hip hop album of all time don’t even try to argue this

I’m technically a “zoomer” and I’ve been listening to madlib / quas since I was 15.

congratulations on being a fucking faggot

>he doesn't like traplib

low test faggot

I think you mean vaudeville Villain

that's what Bojack Horseman is about. a horse.

VV is pretty recognized friend

Is Take Me To Your Leader recognized? I found it on Apple Music by mistake the other day. Really great record.

my nigga

Fake Names is incredible, that beat switch and Freddie's flow are masterful rap shit

Attached: IMG_20190308_120843.png (550x536, 283K)

Goddamn, this is what rap should be

sure but quas is riding a zebra, not a horse.

He's also Muslim

Is it tho? I feel like people always forget to talk about VV and take me to your leader

VV is always talked about, it encapsulates the Villain just as well as Madvillain. TMTYL is alright.

Only thing wrong with it is no quas or earl feature.

Wanna hear a Earl-lib album

It's alright

Piñata is much better

fakkuboi filtered

hip-hop for whitey: the album

DESU it's better than Pinata

t. c class driver

no fakkuboizu

It's an extremely solid album.

Gibbs + Madlib accommodate each other incredibly.

No filler. What's to dislike?

I think it's pretty good, as far as aoty, a lttle too ealy to tell but I don't think it's really a standout album, it's kind of like a pinata 2 without the same value if you catch my drift. I like the album, but I don't see myself obsessing over it, it's good and that's about it, but it's a lot when you think about the labums tat came out this year. Personally, I don't think Freddie Gibbs is all that ht, he has some great singles, but he isn't really all that expansive as far as lyricism, it makes me a little angry to hear him rap on some great beats because all of his shit sounds the same, which isn't necessarily bad, but it makes me think madlib is cheap, which is like thinking santa claus is a dollar store ho. It's so fucking harde to objectively judge this album. It's good, but something about it is so unlikeable

Attached: 1399871166609.png (432x430, 238K)

It sounds like you got a stick up yer ass.

How so? I'm a little drunk so I apologize for the spelling errors, but I'm a huge fan of both artists, their individual projects and their collaborations, I just hate the way Gangsta Gibbs is so repetitive with his lyricism sometimes. I think it's obnoxious how two-tonw he is with his lyricism. Check out madlibs collab with quasimodo and you can see it's a collaboration between instrumentalists and not someone who is trying to be tupac 2.0. As I said, huge fan of Freddie, I loved the Tonite Show and Shadow of a Doubt but he isn't on the same level Madlib is

Attached: U3meOk0.jpg (500x467, 45K)

different user but i see what you mean with the lyricism, but that's not what I've usually valued from freddie. hearing him on madlib beats is phenomenal because he really works them so well with how he's able to flow on them and switch up on beat changes so effortlessly (which this album really highlights). i just can't see anyone else working a track like shitsville or uno nearly as well as he did.

Attached: 64641978_10157797052204119_3863281524648443904_n.jpg (960x960, 78K)

This post is so bad that I don't even care it's 24 hours old
>earl or kendrick woulda been coo

Definitely, it's just on repeat listens that his shit gets a little old. I love the collb though and I love this collab for sure.

hm

lmao

>madlib saves rap again
guys freddie is also on this album, he put his heart in doul in and rapped like a young god along those beats this is 50% lib 50% fred

Cataracts is so fucking good. Holy shit, what a beat.

Apparently almost all of Bandana is made up of beats that were leftovers from TLOP

Serious contender for AOTD

Attached: Screenshot_20190629-023053_Spotify.jpg (1440x2960, 824K)

beats and production are fantastic, gibbs delivery is awesome, lyrics are horribly bad, so all in all 7/10

Nothing here compares to madlib

album literally just came out, you don't even know how you'll feel about it in a month from now.

Damn! Full 4 months?!

what kind of insult is that?

>lyrics are horribly bad
lol

I agree. It’s 2019, I don’t want to hear about selling drugs, shooting people, and fucking bitches no matter how creative the beats are.

You're right, none of those things are relevant today.

zoomer soft nigga

Quas is on the beats

Freddie's lyrics say it in such a creative way that he can't be dismissed him for that. he always rhymes words that you least expect to be rhymed:
>Suck a dick, for the dope up I was rushin' shit
>Fuck the needle, she just supposed to sniff, Snuffleupagus

Why do they keep underrating them?

Attached: Untitled.png (1061x684, 315K)

>8+
>underrating

Attached: 1496716292774.jpg (640x480, 165K)

cope mongrel cuck

what?...