Record players

Hey Yea Forums, I'm buying a record player as a gift for a friend's birthday and wanna know if you can recommend anything around $100. bonus points if it's vintage-looking

Attached: 71dU0+OyaML._SX425_[1].jpg (425x425, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Denon-DP29F-DP-29F-Turntable/dp/B0000BZHGV/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=turntable&qid=1561673151&s=gateway&sprefix=turn&sr=8-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck? don't forget him to buy him a pager in the same colour you dork

Where are u from? Will sell you mine

>new
>$100
Don’t bother man

>new $100 turntable

You might as well throw your money in the garbage and punch your friend in the nuts.
You're going to have to spend at least $300 to get a "decent" new turntable. You're better off buying a refurbished vintage deck... and even then you're looking at at least $250.

Actually you could try amazon.com/Denon-DP29F-DP-29F-Turntable/dp/B0000BZHGV/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=turntable&qid=1561673151&s=gateway&sprefix=turn&sr=8-8
Denon is sometimes good.

you need at least 2 - for redundancy. oh. and a microphone

Where it's at

Denon has good stuff, but that table is a joke.

Is it ? I didn’t look real close..

It's garbage. Plastic tonearm. No counterweight. Can't replace the cart. etc.

Oh, sorry I mentioned it then
Better by far to get a used table from Kijiji or something. Check thrift stores I found an old bang and olufsen last week for 25 bucks that works great

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

That's a nice one, but the carts are crazy expensive.

get the thing at target that has the counter weight, it isn't bad at all if you want something new. Otherwise, vintage off craigslist is the way to go

Audio-Technica LP60
Its really good for starters. Very easy to set up, though if you get a fucked one you may need to change the RPM speed.

There are a lot of fucked ones, I wouldn’t bother

It's so fucking simple to fix though, all you do is grab a small flat head screw driver, stick it up the bottom and turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise depending if its too fast or two slow. Its not hard. theres a 3 minute video on youtube detailing it.

I'm not an audiophile or a pretentious douche or anything, but this poster is really not wrong OP.

Get him a $100 amazon gift card and tell him to put it towards a turntable.

You wanna spend about $300 on a vinyl player and another $200-300 for the speakers.

Then you'll get a great sound.

That is the golden range imo. If you spend less, you lose quality, and if you spend more you lose money.

I've had incredible luck with Denon. Can't vouch for this one specifically, but the brand is good.

>all you do is grab a small flat head screw driver, stick it up the bottom and turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise depending if its too fast or two slow.
holy shit hipsters are dumb af. pro tip: non of my FLAC files suffer from retardation like this

Attached: TRA5rtiv_400x400.jpg (240x240, 13K)

>incredible luck with Denon
My amp is denon, that’s why that caught my eye. But given what the other user said, it sounds like it’s dirt cheap for a reason
Shouldn’t have to fix it is my point. EHR stopped carrying AT tables years ago cause the quality fell off a cliff. Even the 120 doesn’t compare to something like project

Buy a used Technics on eBay. Sl d2 will probably be cheap and it's a great player. Just make sure to get a new cartridge/needle. AT 95e is a pretty good way to start

Oh, I should put mine up for sale then

>physical copies
based
either buy a physical copy or pirate