/jazz/

Things are looking good. I'm running out of food from my constant binge eating, but it's ok if I run out. I still have whiskey and my brother is bring pizza and ketchup over today before he takes me to the NA meeting. When we eat dinner I'm gonna find a youtube video of a concert to put on the tv while we eat, maybe a John Coltrane one, but if anyone has ideas of other concerts I would love more to consider for the experience. I'm still fairly blow away by pic related since listening to it two or three times, so I'm gonna listen to it again. I also figured out how to record in Ableton so I'm starting to make my noise/non-idiomatic improv album while my parents are still away. That's a little daunting but idk well see how it works out.

Attached: 220px-Crystals(album).jpg (220x201, 15K)

Amazing album, OP.
Listening to pic related right now

Attached: Cover.jpg (1417x1417, 531K)

ok I'll get it right now and promise ill listen today to it. Thanks.

this sam rivers album is dope. I ate too much and i feel lethargic. I hope that i can get control of my eating in time to have energy to record music before my parents get home next week. Hopefully i will tjough caise ill run out of food enough to slow down. Cant wait to hang with my brother and eat pizza to jazz music.

Watching a jaco pastorious concert on youtube waiting for my nrother to get here. Gotta take thw trash out soon

Are you trying to get fat ?

I already am very fat.

any recommendations for jazz that makes you want to contemplate life?

Charles gayle makes me think about life cause of the way he was homeless for so long

Bump

Crystals is such a fire album. Other than The Ascension, what other albums sound like that? preferably experimental Big-Band...

stop eating fatty

I'm sure you've all already heard this since this is a jazz thread but I'll post it anyways.

Attached: journey.png (500x500, 579K)

Free Jazz by Ornette Coleman

Im telling myself that ill start a vwry long fast once my parents get back, idk if its a lie but thats the plan right now

Great album
Tyner rules explorative piano

Not my favourite Rivers album, desu.
It’s a bit too ‘free’.
Contours is one of the finest Jazz albums, in my opinion

OP, if you haven't heard this already, you should listen to it.

Attached: R-1118586-1444493007-5241.jpeg.jpg (600x593, 187K)

omg I actually love that album, ive heard it many times and hope to hear it many more

nice! it's one of my all time favourites

What's your /jazz/ AOTY so far? Mine is EABS - Slavic Spirits

Attached: 220px-Stellar_Regions.jpg (220x220, 9K)

Attached: ASH302_web_1024x1024.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Listening to this now.

Attached: 220px-The_John_Coltrane_Quartet_Plays.jpg (220x219, 15K)