String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g
chords, inverse chords, and scales
>all-guitar-chords.com/

Old thread Press K to shit on sams dads grave.

Weekly backing track, C Jazz:
instaud.io/3Rjb

1st submission # #
instaud.io/3Rzp

Attached: trey-azagthoth-4dc1985a-e723-48ab-a94a-a8ff9499436-resize-750.jpg (467x329, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-UYPpOYXYWc
youtube.com/watch?v=9pAJNthLQkg
youtube.com/watch?v=cPTJzeEqkFs
youtube.com/watch?v=mZHDi0fHSZ0
shutupjam.bandcamp.com/album/get-out
instaud.io/3SgJ
youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc
vocaroo.com/i/s0tpYb2jeLNQ
instaud.io/3Sjh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR JCM900 AMPLIFIERS

Attached: 20190408_183029(1).jpg (1930x2591, 744K)

Behold, the final form of the guitar.
It is
>affordable to produce
>high quality
>easy to repair
>versatile
>esthetic
>ergonomic

Every other guitar is a compromise and using snake oil to make you buy it.

Runner ups:
7/8th scale Strats
Music Man JP models

Attached: 7B73C91F-4920-4807-8600-EB69ADBD8ED6.jpg (750x816, 63K)

1: Set necks are the opposite of this
2: As long as ESP makes it I guess?
3: Lol, no
4: Any guitar with two passive humbuckers is equally versatile, but you're going to need a whammy bar
5: Looks like a devil guitar. Aesthetic if you're into metal.
6: Neck dive

Will walking my brand new guitar home in 90 degree weather damage it? It’s probably a 45 minute walk or so

shit beer, what a surprise

Does the job pretty well. Recommend me a beer for guitar practice then

Attached: 20181226_170940(1).jpg (1980x2525, 803K)

Stop having bad taste and being poor. Also too thin

>Trying to hype yourself up to buy a terrible guitar for girly men who can't reach the upper frets on a les paul or stand its weight

and 24.5 scale guitars are already for pansies

Gibson clearly has better artists than Fender.

Attached: Strat vs Les Paul.png (1874x684, 810K)

Im convinced no one over the age of 21 likes sg guitars..

>neck dives on you every chance it gets
heh......nothin personnel kid....

none

no need to point out the obvious user

Attached: SG MASTER RACE.jpg (564x800, 71K)

How long do the batteries in active pickups last?

based treynon

>No jeff beck

Google is dumb

a long time

Depends on how much you play. If you don't play often, months to a year, if you play 1+ hours a day, three to six months

It is
>affordable to produce
>high quality
>easy to repair
>versatile
>aesthetic
>ergonomic

Runner ups:
Strats
Fender Mustang JP models

Attached: tele.png (318x328, 80K)

Attached: tele.jpg (1356x498, 75K)

>google comes up with an incomplete list for fender and a roster of dead rock and roll fags whose combined talent is a fraction of yngwie's for gibson

Needs EMGs, a floyd, and abalone inlays.

I played mine alot and its been like 2 years but i think its finally giving out.

>what is wood glue
>esp is shit knock off asian trash kys Kirk hammet is paid by them to use their guitars and he STILL records with a Gibson Les Paul anyway.
>but other guitars have bad qualities that get in your way
>SGs can’t come with a whammy bar If you want it
> wtf are you talking about? It’s just a smaller double cut guitar
> NECK DIVE. Stupid meme that retards worry about but has no functional effect on a performance or playing. (You can even just move the strap up to the upper cutaway)
>everyone from Clapton to Metallica can get the sound they want from an SG.

It’s not exactly cheap to get. Gibson, thinness is a plus as it’s less wood, cheaper to produce, and still sounds great. You can get an SG modern if you want a fancy one for $3k. Or you can get a SG special for $1400 if you want an affordable one.

Nobody here can show a better guitar.

It is
>more than you can afford
>high quality
>never needs repairs
>versatile
>aesthetic
>ergonomic

Runner ups:
Ibanez GIO
Squire Classic Vibe

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (480x640, 83K)

Every nashville studio guitarist ever. And waylon jennings too.

Where's Hendrix, Rory Gallagher, David Gilmour, SRV, Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Jeff Beck? Jimmy Page is the only guitarist in the bottom list who comes even close to these guys.

Try again

Attached: Keef Les Paul.jpg (658x960, 79K)

It is
>affordable to produce
>high quality
>easy to repair
>versatile
>aesthetic
>ergonomic

Runner ups:
ESP Random Star Kasumi Toyama Signature model

Attached: 41AgZwv4l9L.jpg (333x500, 18K)

Seems a bit edgy desu but i do like imperial stouts.
>pays the same price for less wood
Typical Super Gay enthusiast.

Attached: beer-606962_9258e_hd.jpg (500x500, 189K)

Attached: Jimi SG.jpg (699x960, 146K)

He played a few gibsons and formed an educated opinion:

He liked fenders better.

It happens to anyone who eventually tries a fender

>Seems a bit edgy desu but i do like imperial stouts.
I'm a teetotaler

Also it was named after his dead child hood friend
The ML was created by Dean Zelinsky in 1977 for improved sustain and tone. It was created with the Dean concept of spreading the mass of the body over a large area. Higher string angles and string length, due to the size of the headstock, contribute to the overall resonance. Dean has made the ML available to other manufacturers[which?] by licensing arrangement.

The ML was named posthumously for the initials of Zelinsky's friend Matthew Lynn, who had died of cancer.[1]

I’m yikes sweaty.
>giant uncontoured wood square body
>only one cutaway limiting play style to 50-60s era
>single coils cause him and feedback and have a thin tone without an option to thicken
>it is easy to repair
>it is not versatile
>aesthetic yes
> ergonomic no

The Stratocaster improves on the Telecaster in literally every way. There is no reason to buy a telecaster that isn’t for pure visual style or made up snake oil about muh tone.

You could have posted a thin line telecaster and been closer but you didn’t.

I would unironically raté telecaster as 5th or 6th best guitar available however.

I'll admit that if you get one good gibson, it's great, but for the most part they make terrible guitars and the SG is among their worst. Hence why the SG would be good if ESP made it - they necessarily modify the design to avoid getting sued.

ESP is one of the few companies that equals gibson in peak quality, but without the massive quality valleys every other guiter.

The ESP Viper looks like shit, don't be ridiculous

>expensive to create
>high quality but not more so than Gibson Fender and musicman
> never needs repairs because to expensive to risk playing
> not aesthetic, this is a cheap amalgam if a strat and Les Paul with a paper thin veneer stained baby poop green
>soulless
>PaulReedSnakeoil
>it is versatile.

It’s a top 10 but has too many flaws to be contender for top guitar

Dean does is better

Attached: 24429_Used_USA_Grand_Sport_Korina_Amber_121523_1_720x720.jpg (582x719, 51K)

I see your arguments, and counter with this headstock

Attached: s-l1600 (2).jpg (480x640, 68K)

You're such a loser, I can find you pictures of all those Gibson players in the picture with a strat too but that doesn't mean that their primary or signature guitar wasn't a Gibson. Hendrix was a strat player, he's known for playing strats, he made the strat even more popular than it already was, Clapton started playing strats exclusively after watching him.

Attached: f57ae6ad6659d55b382fcd905b33d32b.jpg (552x508, 36K)

Pardon?

Attached: Clapton Les Paul.jpg (669x535, 191K)

>a bootleg dean headstock
Prs should be sued

Attached: dean-customspalted.jpg (550x193, 35K)

>steals designs for guitars from Fender and Gibson
>demands a licensing fee for its own designs
Hahahahahajajajsjsjhshsv

Also
>affordable to produce...because materials are cheap and not designed to last and zero care is given to fit and finish
> low quality parts and wood
> easy to repair especially since fit and finish are bad out of the box meaning no care is needed during repair process
> objectively hideous looking
>almost always has shitty overwound pickups for metal, aka, not versatile
> ergonomic to a degree. The shape allows for easy classic position and the normal position. However the wood is far too bulky and uncontoured.

Final verdict: acceptBle If poor and exclusively play metal otherwise #yikes

Looks like if Peavey tried to make an LTD Viper

good thing daddy gibson is coming for them next. Fuck every single guitar company stealing their designs, I can't wait until there's nothing but gibson and fender left, the only real companies.

K, SG costs less than a Les Paul because it uses less wood. That’s why it’s the best guitar and I said ‘affordable To produce’ you literally pay less money for less wood instead of paying more money for more unnecessary wood.

Keeping in mind that wood is snake oil and serves to purpose other than positioning the strings sonwjwre comfortable for your arms to play them.

I've honestly never seen a more beautiful guitar than this bros. I mean it's just absolutely perfect in every way

Attached: s-l1600 (1).jpg (480x640, 43K)

You got sources for any of those claims?

ESP is terrible asian plankwood bs. YIKES

K.

fender is epic man

Attached: atrocity.jpg (1024x768, 75K)

I always liked this one

Attached: AL-600.jpg (606x254, 26K)

>sources?

Typical Reddit cope when they see a fact they can’t accept as true.

Do some research fag I’m not going to explain guitar manufacturing to you.

Buy dean if you want but you’re buying. Cheap BS from a copy cat company.

They tried that once. They failed. PRS owned them with righteous fury.
>you're only "protecting" a "trademark" decades after it became a cultural standard?
>and show me how exactly someone could mistake this for a les paul when it says PRS and has bird inlays on it

They already sued ESP and ibanez. But instead of getting mad at the principle they said "oh, sorry, we had no idea it was a big deal to you fussy white people" and changed the designs without issue and now you have this.

Are you larping as a boomer or are you genuinely ignorant and prone to making up a bullshit world where the favorite guitar company of your favorite barely-talented rock star is the only good one

Fender, Gibson, ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, PRS, Music Man, Mayones, Strandberg, and Kiesel all make great guitars and brand fanboys are mostly poorfags who can't afford more than one instrument

Attached: original.png (2000x1252, 2.71M)

>offset knock off SG
Objectively hideous

Imagine paying premium prices for that

>asked for a source
>first words typed out are a logical fallacy
Ok.

It's something only a guitar PLAYER would understand

People who just see them as fashion accessories and wall art treat them like purses. It just has to be authentic gucci made to 1950s specifications.

>buying more than one guitar

Why? Could it be all your WMC shit planks all felt unsatisfying and had issues?

You literally only need ONE guitar unless you are professionally playing. Otherwise you’re just wasting an absurd amount of money.

i want to like esp /gg/
i really do
but they don't make this guitar in anything but black right now and i want a green one
and it comes with an 81/81 set and i like the 57/66 set better for lead guitar

Attached: 61kDaXIBWBL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 70K)

Gibson let them off that time as a warning, this time they're serious and every single guitar company is absolutely fucked. They won't get away with decades of theft and exploitation anymore, that's bullshit

Attached: 8495eb7c8e74ba01073ba539c4d4723b.jpg (500x666, 44K)

Gibson has files many lawsuits. Only one was won, because the companies settled out of court. Japan, 1970s.

the strat that stopped working halfway through recording the debut
legendary

You are literally Rebbit right now. This isn’t NATURE or JAMA it’s Yea Forums. I don’t need a source. Look up WMC and see why the guitars are cheap.
Rebbit fag.

How about you prove me wrong if you’re so offended

You don't have to like it, and that's ok. Different people can like different things.

And Clapton played an SG before switching to strats permanently. You are retarded. mate. Just because a guy played a certain guitar at some point doesn't mean that it's their PRIMARY or PREFERRED guitar. I will try to explain it to you like the baby you are, strats and Les Pauls are very different sounding guitars, to play certain songs an artist might choose a different guitar depending on the song but that doesn't mean that it's their -- again -- PRIMARY or PREFERRED guitar. Jimmy Page used to use a Telecaster to record most of Led Zeppelin's songs btw.

Attached: fender_strat_white_01.jpg (750x498, 26K)

Stfu already youre not funny or clever or trolling anyone. If you knew anything about guitars you would know that you need 12 different guitars because you need a floyd rose and one for each tuning.

>offset moves the upper cutaway further towards the nut defeating the purpose, looks like a cheap knock off design.

It’s worse bro, accept it. It’s not like your an ESP shill. Make an argument don’t just post your shit plank and say it’s best.

What's it like being poor?

I have a WMC shitplank for .13s in C standard. I am of the opinion that they're playable guitars but with nasty finishes.
I have an American strat for cleans and classic tones.
I have a tele for TWANG.
I have an ibanez for abusing a whammy bar more than I should and practicing guitar spins.
I have a martin because acoustic.

To you I am wasting an absurd amount of money. To you, you are angry. I should be buying groceries. I should be donating to charity. I should be paying your credit card bills. Only a professional guitarist should spend that much on guitars, right?

To me I spent less than I spend when I wreck my R1 at the track.

Source?

upper cutaways are completely pointless for anyone not in 7th grade or herman li doing stupid shit like over the top of the neck wankery

Ah, this general. This guitar general, man!

It always makes me laugh seeing what can best be described as "non-musicians" concern themselves with when it comes to music and musical instruments. All those irrelevant/trivial details they seem to focus their thoughts and energy onto that have absolutely nothing to do with playing, writing, or recording music. I've seen it all! Arguments on which brand is better, what build is better, which fretboard is superior! Lmao, arguing if tonewood is real or not! The secrets contained in Paul Reed Smiths vault! China vs. Indonesia! It never gets old.

The truth is the best guitar is the one that comes closest to the sound you dream about, the one you hear in your head. It might be a Gibson, it might be a Fender, it might be a red plastic Airline they sold at Montgomery Ward in the 60s for beginners! The best guitar is the one that makes you want to pick it up and play some music. The best guitar is the one that takes you down that road and helps you discover who you are as a musician and your unique voice that distinguishes you as an artist. No one, and I mean NO ONE, can decide what that is except for you. The best who'll ever do it learned by doing, not by being some sad passive spectator/commentator who got bogged down with the sort of minutia all the "non-musicians" who post in this general seem to be constantly obsessing over. I ask you all: why? From my perspective it seems this general serves no useful purpose.

It all boils down to you and the music you want to make, any other opinion or conversation not concerning the dream you're chasing is pointless. Discussing the myriad of peripheral subjects that have nothing to do with that pursuit gets you ...where exactly? Accomplishes what? I've never understood it and I probably never will.

Me? I'm a guitar player, I play guitar. Believe me, you wouldn't understand.

Attached: 95011_lg4.jpg (1200x913, 566K)

7/8th Strats are indeed a superior choice, but you are right, black is so so visually and the 81 is just to hot to be versatile.

You’re one of the few people in this thread that uses their brain when buying instruments. Congrats

Attached: Stevie Ray Les Paul.jpg (470x704, 49K)

buy once buy nice is how poorfags live life

you can only afford one so it better be the best, and then you'll spend the rest of your life defending your choice because you can't afford to pick out something better lmao

Attached: 0e13be2e-d34b-469e-8792-a41ee13b5aa4.jpg (640x431, 115K)

Tl;dr

Attached: 9f089a0a0984822196320416e8796a3b.jpg (400x605, 41K)

Attached: PRSqueer.png (855x1005, 1.67M)

>too stupid to use volume knob
Why do idiots self advertise?

/gg/ is full of people so poor they think a $2000 guitar is expensive instead of a regular price for a quality instrument.

I bet they keep the volume ant tone at 10 too

It’s hard to find out but you have to ignore endorsements.

youtu.be/-UYPpOYXYWc

Kirk Hammet has 4 signature ESP guitars but uses a Gibson to record. I’m shocked.

Eric Johnson has 3 signature Strats but uses a 56 Strat, 335, SG, and Firebird to record. He likes vintage guitars and doesn’t care for nu-fender (or post Mccarty Gibson)except for the pay check.

Clapton probably owned and used an SG Les Paul and Strat and used them all as gibson and fender do have different sounds then fender paid him to use a fender and he did.

Many Such Cases! Strats aren’t conducive to modern tone.

Im already sure he does. I bet his big move is to switch to the neck pickup and roll the tone to 0 and says he has jazz tone. Thats the only time he touches his knobs

That's only good for those radio sounding cleans, for good cleans you need an amp with enough headroom to take the full output of your pickups without breaking up. Usually means using less hot pickups.

My favorite guitars are HS and HSS for this reason.

Exactly

Attached: Gilmour Les Paul.jpg (521x800, 66K)

I’ve had several WMC shitplanks and they range from pretty good to really fucking bad, and that’s at every price point.

Tele and Strats sound the same, thinking otherwise is placebo. Wammy bars are marketing gimmicks are rarely have use when playing. You can the same effects with different techniques.

Angus Young has had 3 guitars for 40 years. One was a gift. And he uses them all every night as strings break or they go out of tune.

Eric Johnson has 3 guitars, two 50s Strats, a 335, he has traded a Firebird, Les Pail, and SG on as well. He also has signature models he is required to play via contract.

Yet you need 8 guitars to wank in your basement. Sell them all and get one nice car.

Also, I track as well, where you driving at?

Mod it to your liking. Get it painted, put pickups you like better in it.

We’ll get a Viper then If you want an indoneasian cheap part SG? It’s not Better though, objectively. It’s still pretty good, by virtue of its knock off of a great design. Just needs, you know, not Chinese build quality and materials.

Ok maybe you can help me then? I've been coming to /gg/ on and off for the last few weeks and I have yet to see anything constructive or positive happening in these threads, can you (or anyone else) point out where I'm wrong? Because if this is the way it goes around here then it's just a waste of my time because I need to be in a place that helps me get better at playing, writing, recording, etc. like you said.

If that sort of thing doesn't happen here (or happens rarely) I need to toss this general in the trash where it belongs and move on because I have much more important things to be focusing on as an aspiring musician.

I'm inviting honest replies with this post, if you think I'm wrong or mistaken please explain why because I'm not seeing it.

Attached: face-question-smiley-clip-art-the-pen-is-a-puzzle-5a8aa7bcada634.0277088515190363487113.jpg (900x920, 142K)

>cringe

This faggot. Kys, you’re probably poor AND suck. Yikes. Keep your long blog posts on /r/guitars or YouTube comments on Schecter reviews. We’re discussing design here not your feelings.

>whammy bars are useless
'
Bend an open string or a whole chord (in tune)

Also PIR three-four times a year and occasionally that toegay simulator up by cda/spokane

Theres a difference between active and passive pickups dweeb.

Yes yes but let’s be real, the signal gets weak and brittle and these super hot modern pickups are just too hot for sparkley cleans. Much easier to buy vintage style pick ups, turn up the gain, and then ride the volume knob.

>sell your guitars and buy something at a loss.
Retard.

>Wammy bars are marketing gimmicks are rarely have use when playing
Do you know who pic related is? Do you know who Jeff Beck is?

Attached: 1558395999642.jpg (780x938, 196K)

Then why pay so much for esp?

>Wammy bars
It's spelled "Whammy", retard.

>$1800 guitar
>mod it bro

brb buying an american pro strat and cutting it up to be HH

Noob here
when playing power chords in drop D with the root on the 6th string are you supposed to be able to accurately fret three strings and mute the other three with the same finger applying less pressure?
I find it quite hard, like I end up as to make the other string ring out as well, like I'm unintentionally barring eveything?
are you supposed to strum accurately only the three string you wanna play?

Get better pots and pickups.

Road America for me in a BMW M3 V8.

When would you actually need to do this? Asides, get an SG with a bigsby and sell them all for a Mesa or fractal or something. Functionally you’ll be just as capable, more comfortable, more versatile, with way less clutter and BS.

Why not learn in a non meme tuning first?

>19 Posters
>100 Replies
what do you think m8

>buy 8 of the same shitty guitar with different paints and shapes
>being worried about wasting money

You’re one of those boomers with a garage filled to the ceiling with margaritacille blenders and old electronics.

Quit collecting shiny buttons like a mouse and use your space and money wisely.

>’I need to spend $800 dollars so i can play one part from one song correctly a few tkmes’

Have fun.

>Jeff beck

Who?

this general is for shitposting only. 100% srs.

Attached: la creatura.jpg (776x832, 85K)

but I already know ho to do them in the reagular tuning
and I've no problem muting stuff with the first finger in that case

The m3 is definition of shiny button.
>le m power button
Should have just got a new kia by your logic

Why would you come to a Japanese cartoon website to learn to write music ?

Also, suicide, i can already tell you have nothing in your brain anyone is going to pay to hear.

that's his "this isn't a fuckin strat" face

/gg/ is in it's die phase. See the video in if you want to understand what has happened to these threads and why.

Attached: RAT-194809.jpg (967x639, 55K)

DONT FORGET TO PRESS K TO PUT KAKA ON SAMS DYING DADS CHEST AND RUB IT ALL OVER

It wouldn't be if you faggots would stop shitposting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thé M button is actually really nice. Push it and you go from comfy daily driver to tight AF high power track decimator monster.

Again, versatility and many functions from one object. Less space and money spent for a high quality thing.

A mouse collects shiny buttons and for no reason at all. He can’t even use them but he likes having them in his den. If I had a 335i for a daily and an M3 for track use and a Z4 for weekends you would have me on that one.

Lmfao nice larp. Youre a retard.

>Thé

Care to explain?

Nah mate, hit 145 after the kink at Road America just last year. I let off the gas for a quarter second to set the suspension swung right, kissed the candystripe and gunned it the whole way.
Larp Fahd wouldn’t even know what I’m saying let alone be able to make it up for an elaborate lie

Clavier française autocorrects with the accent

You spend too much time on /o/. Your troll game sucks.

You spend too much time buying fwd shit boxes and WMC plywood tone shapes.

I have a bunch of cool riffs/progressions, guitar sounds, a synth, and software but no friends
How do I actually put together songs? I was thinking of just starting off with playing over a drum machine and then just "jamming" over loops of riffs + drum machine until I have something that sounds okay (for synth, vocals, rythmn/lead parts). Is that an okay way of going about things?

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-135634_Fennec F-Droid.jpg (1080x1073, 530K)

bro BMW got owned on the ring by a fucking honda civic type R lmao

Sorry my vehicle isn't fwd.
I love my wmic deans and my mia strat and my yammy acoustic

Wew. Really made me think.

Seriously though, anybody else ever think about how sad it is that after all these years of /gg/ the only people who've ever posted anything as far as actual playing is concerned are few pathetic losers jacking their tiny dicks all alone in an empty room somewhere?

Attached: BD679959-927C-406C-AC25-CA1F3FB75511.jpg (620x465, 98K)

I make drum tracks but only for completed songs, if you could make a song with a click track, I could put some sick drums on there for you.

I almost exclusively shitpost at work.

So case in point?

So I picked up guitar 2 years ago and I've been really enjoying it, but I find I have stopped practicing and don't play as much anymore.
I do really like songwriting and fucking around though, but I'm not getting any better this way.
Wat do?

If you have a question that google cant answer and im able to help i usually do. Its shitposting because noobs ask stupid questions. Get adapted to the culture or leave. Next time you have a question ASK IT LIKE THIS.

Switch to keyboard.

>prototype type R ‘représentative of production specs’
>roll cage
>weight reduction
>SC2 tires

Honda fags are retarded . Even the odds and look what happens

Attached: F8080FBE-0EB0-48DD-AD46-6625A1B8CB4F.jpg (750x1110, 251K)

Reported for off topic.

So case in point?

No. This isnt the site for you plain and simple.

anyone else find immense enjoyment in playing over stuff that isn't guitar related whatsoever? I have a blast jamming over tracks like this

youtube.com/watch?v=9pAJNthLQkg

even though i typically play tech death

Now that SG is determined the ultimate guitar it’s time to decide the second best guitar.

Vote submit candidates and object to others.

Contenders:
1. Stratocaster
2. Music Man JP
3. 7/8 scale strat of undetermined make

Attached: 7F87FB87-9DEF-432D-B820-E291132ED8EE.jpg (640x480, 172K)

I post my playing and my penis is at LEAST average size.

Attached: how niggas without pedals look.jpg (1285x799, 252K)

Yeah man its the most fun. Hows pennsylvania this time of year?

Why?

>No.
So you've posted something other than you jacking your tiny dick all alone in an empty room somewhere?

To pass the time when i have downtime. Why do you shitpost?

Pennsylvania? I live in india bro, pic related

Attached: shred the poo.jpg (1500x1497, 210K)

Yes.

Poo in loo

I don't shitpost. Why not post something constructive?

>I post my playing
Of course you have. But it was you all alone in an empty room somewhere, remember?
>doubt.jpg

I'm not a pajeet I was kidding. Why would you assume I live in penn. though, is it like a pedo joke or something because of the anime shit on the video or what I feel like I'm missing a joke here

fuck you're right, don't worry I'll set up my recording gear in the mall next time

Ive tried that no one cares. Ok so what guitar related stuff do you want to talk about?

Are you in penn or not? That's not you nick. You posted your band before.

Fun fact: the only person here who's ever proven they play out is Kin/gg/ Samuel.

Attached: 0813621D-7669-4AC3-A9DC-3E238EF5277D.png (1536x2730, 2.5M)

>tfw chon plays necro better than necro did at 0.5 gain

youtube.com/watch?v=cPTJzeEqkFs

i quit

>Ive tried that no one cares
oof

nah I'm not in penn I'm in the south. it's hot

I play with my buddies. Thats good enough for me.
Besides looking like a retard in public is sams fetish.

turn on your air conditioner

Nick? I'm prs brah, I like my guitars the way I like my women

Attached: w5-d61742b3f2485e4a6ae9f869ab206e43.jpg (1000x1250, 176K)

Oh youre florida user.

>I play with my buddies
so does every other loser without talent or skill

I don't speak freedom temperature, but I doubt it will hurt anything as long as you have a case

no I'm it just wigged out when I tried to reply. just got my A/C fixed yesterday. southern weather is fucking retarded, a few days ago it hails so hard it fucks my whole car up, then this week it's been like 90 degrees. fuck this gay earth, I'm gonna start making beats with my guitar instead and selling them to hip hop producers

I posted my band's EP some time ago to lukewarm (more warm than luke) reception and some people here found my twitter once but that's about it.

Attached: D9KGWreVUAAVDXG.jpg large.jpg (1152x2048, 287K)

I like my guitars like i like my ayce bbq

Attached: 20190205_202959(1).jpg (1815x2754, 894K)

What state. I was asking about penn because i wanna travel sometime this year and visit other states. The south is also a place i want to go.

lol what a fag

cheap and filthy?

You that gay frenchie fag?
Cheap filthy and korean. Fuck now i want a woman like that too.

Texas. I've been to every state except hawaii and oregon touring. The south is fucking hot, and humid, but not bad. If I had to choose a state to stay and make my recording dojo in though, it would be Montana. Imagine being snowed in for days at a time with nothing to do but live cozy, make sick jams, and shitpost. Truly the dream

also post favorite chon track from the new album

youtube.com/watch?v=mZHDi0fHSZ0

No I'm the Mexican.

Yeah you seem like the type who'd eat mystery meat because he couldn't afford to go someplace better

>gay frenchie fag
what a redundant way of saying "french"

>i wanna travel sometime this year
>visit other states
This is one of those quintessential American posts. Why wouldn't you go on holiday someplace worth a shit?

Nice. Im planning on skipping texas since its so close. Sierra nevadas where they meet death valley is also comfy and inspiring here in California
I thought i was the mexican.
Why are you mad though? Mystery meat and hite beer go together great.

I wasted $50 on a big muff clone (honey pot) that sucks. Why do people insist on getting their dirt from pedals instead of buying a good amp?

America is the most beautiful country in the world and has almost all biomes in it. Im a proud american i want to see my country and the people in it. Why would i want to go to some third world country and give them my dollars? Fuck you and your shit country.

Well I'm the Mexican with the pink Jazz Bass and the EP then, carnal.
shutupjam.bandcamp.com/album/get-out

Attached: D6aZ3P2UYAIG7Vs.jpg (900x1200, 138K)

Because theyre poor and cant afford good tube amps.even though good tube amps arent necessarily expensive.another symptom of poorfa/gg/ Syndrome

I'm guessing you're an arizona brah? I lived near indio for like 4 year and fucking hated every second of it lmao. The only thing I really enjoyed was good access to shows, like I caught a double set of ETID at the The Observatory and it was sick as fuck. ETID is a perfect example of average guitarists making the most of their skillset

Why would I be mad that you'd eat garbage? I find people like you comedic. Every village needs an idiot I always say!

because it's big, why else would we make the best guitars?

Attached: US-Europe-size-comparison.jpg (429x474, 76K)

Es todo compa. Cantame las mañanitas guey.

>Why would i want to go to another country and give them my dollars
not him but probably because you couldn't afford it after the exchange rate m8

shidd and piss forgot you said you were in california my B

I said here in California in my post dude.

What currency do muslims use anyways?

I mean, shit, how many player you know who buy tube amps and still get their fucking dirt from pedals? Spoiler; most. My favorite is when said faggot has done this with a hybrid and only uses the clean channel (solid state power amp) lol.

Also dont be a faggot who falls for the valve meme. There are good SS amps now, and some are legendary.

bombs and clocks. jk depends on the country, and you'd be surprised at the strength of their currency sometimes. When I was in Jordan their shit was stronger than the dollar, made it hard to afford a gibson at their GC's

Hey sam. Hows pops?

one you couldn't afford either i imagine

I have 2 hybrid tube amps and theyre great.

>DONT YOU KNOW MOST ENGL AND DIEZEL OWNERS USE A PEDAL FOR DIRT
retard

did you reply to the wrong person there chief?

I dont know if you meant to reply to me but most do indeed use an overdrive as a clean boost to tighten up the sound and make it punchier.

What did my post say? Can you show me where the bad man said your amps sucked? Or did he say there are retards who buy them because "tube" but then proceed to not employ said tubes?

Yes

You can really tell some guitarists are actually bass players. But, I get it cheif , a hybrid's tubes are in the pre amp and never come into play on the clean channel.

So they use a pedal for tweaking the already present gain. Thats nit getting your dirt from a pedal thats tweaking with a pedal. The dirts already there. Youre just modifying it.
It was an incidental anecdote you sperg.

WRONG

>being so butthurt this triggers you
>it sounds so good while being so cheap
>"b-but it's not $15,000!!"
>wood makes 10% of the sound, all you need for it to be is solid and not break if dropped
>no authentically broken headstock
>simple to upgrade, maintain, repair
>tune it every 3 months
>no faggy abolone headstock to make up for shit playing

oh it's a squier btw

Attached: cheap_love.jpg (4608x2112, 1.53M)

He cant even spell chief right. Hes guaranteed a retard.

I never said anything about getting dirt from their pedals so I don't exactly understand what you're sperging out about. you must think im someone else

people come here to talk about guitars when they're board because guitar is their hobby and they don't have anywhere else to talk about it. why the fuck would you come to Yea Forums to learn anything? at best it's a place to get sources so you can go to them and actually learn. i hope you don't actually take things people here say seriously. you zoomers who take Yea Forums seriously are the reason this site has been dead for years. it's for discussion and memes, not education.

Why would you comment on other people's spelling when you're missing some apostrophes there, chief?

You got to polish that turd up and make it a squier elite. Pic rel

Attached: 20190623_200527(1).jpg (1944x2571, 815K)

Is this the retard with the jcm900 talking about preamp gain?

Attached: e75.jpg (251x251, 5K)

My bad G

No im not talking about pre amp gain. Get off my dick. Theres other posters here as well. If you dont like or can't join the discussion then dont join it. I bet youre too stupid to contribute anyways

Is JFET into a 12ax7 the future for amps?

>giant uncontoured wood square body
noone said you had to buy a fender one, get a custom warmoth body with all the contours you like
>only one cutaway limiting play style to 50-60s era
noone puts their fretting hand over the top of the neck
>single coils cause him and feedback and have a thin tone without an option to thicken
put new ones in
>it is not versatile
country players to classic rock to slipknot use them, but it's not versatile

rate my tone? Guess what amp I'm using?

instaud.io/3SgJ

The gain stages on your amp are op amp based, you might as well be running a Metal Zone into a power amp and you're trying to argue about people using pedals for dirt? Ok retard.

Attached: sure, ok. whatever. you. say..jpg (660x398, 35K)

More like a tube screamer dumbass.
And yeah dude all Diezels and Dual recs and fireballs need a pedal for sirt because theure all jcm900s. Keep doubling down as a retard.

So what youre saying is you dont need to buy pedals because some amps come with them. Sounds like pedals are for poorfags.

you know poor people usually make several cheap purchases that add up over time to one expensive purchase right? you can't be this retarded

He is that retarded.

>he's still trying to argue
Recommend everyone your loud Metal Zone again! Remember, every village needs an idiot!

Attached: mt-2_angle_gal.jpg (843x1050, 149K)

If its good enough for david gilmour its good enough for me.

>his main guitar is chinese
Lmfao

This sounds like something a village idiot would post.

It’s up there but it has flaws. You’ve already modded the instrument with new pick ups and a custom body to make it compete with a strat...

reminder if you don't have tonebird inlays you're never going to make it.

david gilmour dosen't use a metal zone

Sam confirmed. Is that what they call you in the favela the village idiot?
Hows pops?

>muh Chinese guitar is actually really good you’re stupid wahhhh

Yes he does sam.

nope. he doesn't

>inb4 the village idiot realizes an HM-2 and a MT-2 are two different pedals

would you faggots get a room already? no wonder this gen is dead you've homos have driven away all the would-be posters with your constant namefaggotry and kakaposting

check't

Attached: stratfu.png (282x398, 160K)

sick riffing
pretty hard to differentiate high gain amps
Sounds like standard 6505 tone to me, or maybe an EVH 5150III or something like that

Real tone though, right? Mic on a cab recording?

Yea my bad youre right it was a heavy metal.
Theres none of that in any of those posts.

Peavey would be my guess too. But its probably a fag with an amp sim.

rude...

kek thanks i know it's sloppy as shit. and yeah nah I was pulling a dick move, got it, it's bias amp simulating a triple rec

I was listening for that little "chhh" sound that happens when chugs cut off in all distorted amp sim tones, didn't sound like it was there.
Unless it's one of those new ones like Fortin's got out and they've gotten a lot better recently

damn dude, Bias ain't bad

is that a song or something of yours or just making stuff up?

Is that a j mascis with a fender headstock?

thoughts? thinking about picking this bad boy up on sweet waters 36 month payment plan

Attached: MS50G-large.jpg (443x750, 59K)

No, it's a 2006 AVRI with a J Mascis pickguard and a gold TOM bridge. I based it off of his white backup Jazzmaster that the signature model is based off, ended up getting the gold pickguard from one of his sigs, seeing as I was already basing my guitar off of his.

that's the raw tone too, no post-EQ or anything crazy, if you want I can try and post something not garbage. I haven't spent much time on that tone, I've got a mk2c+ one I've been trying to dial in but it's not goin as well lol

it's a little lick I fuck around with but I've never made a song out of it, I come up with the arpeggio parts at the beginning in like 2009 but just have never ever figured out where to go with it

the make brooms for a reason you know

>payment plan
>buying something you can't afford
sounds like a good way to stay poor forever breh

I literally bought one yesterday, moved in last weekend to this spot so.

but i want it senpai

Attached: 1543892172269.jpg (491x480, 39K)

then assume it's not modded, it's a full warmoth custom. You can either have a Fender Elite Stratocaster, in whatever color Fender offers, or have a fully custom tele with all the appointments and hardware you choose. Don't get me wrong I love strats but for someone who knows exactly what they want they should just build custom

I dig it, gonna collab on it if you don't mind
Second part def has an old mastodon kinda vibe

why not buy 2-3 used $50 pedals?

Was he always asian?

i don't kno

Attached: 1512608145799.png (403x433, 161K)

we all want things bro but you gotta control them impulses. invest your money into something that's going to make you more money in the future so you can buy all the things you want forever. do you need it?

Were you always Reddit?

>invest your money
but i don't have any

Attached: i failed life ;__;.png (489x424, 129K)

then you don't need that pedal, family. save your cash and make something of yourself breh don't perpetuate the cycle of poverty for material possessions

is this cleanwank brah 1? cuz this is cleanwank brah 2 kek, I'll redo those parts if you want, or I can tab em pretty easy

ok

Attached: 1544501169979.jpg (540x400, 37K)

He literally turned asian nigger

Don't get aggressive with me, rude boy.

Attached: 1553047209469.png (502x369, 97K)

lol yep. It's pretty clean already, only bit of slop are the runs in the second part. Tab would help

Lmao you're a faggot maybe you should go back to reddlit.

fuck yeah bro whats up, sorry I haven't been posting I've been b& for shens on other boards. I'll tab that shit up real quick, gonna take a smoko then whip it up

righteous
youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

R8 my tone. This is my dean lp copy through jcm900. Old clip.
vocaroo.com/i/s0tpYb2jeLNQ

Are you my best friend dude? That is exactly what I was referencing lmao

I wake up to this every morning, pretty damn happy.

Attached: IMG_20181009_064521.jpg (3024x4032, 2.93M)

well that sucked

The tone?

>wake up to two asian shitplanks
>happy
Let me guess then you eat kingly feast of pop tarts and sunny d for breakfast

tone is in the fingers and since your fingers can't play... well i think you get the drift

Just use your pinky and ring finger to make the D chord shape as well and tell everyone you mean it.

here ya go brah, this is in E standard

Attached: tabbarooni.jpg (1259x582, 130K)

And my 2 guitars with trems are now blocked

beautiful. If there is but one thing I could change about my SE, is I wish they had put the trampas green quilt on the headstock as well, it looks okay with a natural headstock but it just looks soooooooooooo much better with a matching one

what do u guys think of my new guitar? lol shitson charging $1000 for an American made guitar when I have this Korean made masterpiece for $800

Attached: Dean Single Cutaway.png (1333x2000, 1.94M)

Post your guitars

This is the tab for message in a bottle.

>you get what you pay for.jpg

Attached: 1610838743cc90e3e4fdda748282d9b82-640x360.jpg (486x359, 28K)

>they're on to me
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

>dat Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
ok going to get a historic reissue les paul brb

No, a banana and instant coffee.

What the hell are you talking about schizo?

and then you pull on your autism shoes!

Attached: 309750_47733_41.jpg (174x200, 5K)

Highly accurate cutaway.

Why is this guy trying so hard?

kek which butthurt one are you the dean faggot or the retard with the asian shitplanks on his wall

noice, I'll work on it
also noticed you didn't record to a click, could you do a quick take with one? Would make it a lot easier
I could work around it with a tempo map but that's a pain lol

kek yeah I figured I'd just throw it up for a tone check and didn't use the met, I'll do it again right now. want me to double track left/right or keep it single so you can pan it and do your own thing?

keep it single pls, cheers

But I don't think Hank done it this way

Attached: 20190127_175431(1).jpg (2010x2487, 850K)

all shit

Nearly every famous guitarist played a few fenders and gibsons and ended up favouring one over the other. Whichever one you prefer, you will be able to find enough famous guitarists that also prefer it to allow you to reassure yourself that it is the best.

You dont like my super kakakaster my kakakaster or my le poop kaka?

sorry it's a bit wobbly m8 I'm not a pro or anything close to it

instaud.io/3Sjh

accurate descriptions

hey my dick is not tiny

ALRIGHT /GG/ ITS DECISION TIME.
Should i buy a cheap router some wood rasps and glue and make a tele out of some wood i have laying around or get a chink tele kit?

Based or cringe?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27-17-16-13-1.png (424x430, 226K)

why would i care, do whatever you want

Living where I do in basically hobbiton, Pennsylvania, going to Colorado and being in the mountains or in the Arizona desert is like being on another planet. I've never been out of the continental US, it's been too expensive for me.

SUED BY GIBSON

On a fender? Cringe. On a gay and lame? Based.

NEW THREAD

Would it possible (I:E safe for the equipment) to plug a guitar amp head into a bass 100W bass combo-amp rgough the instrument input?

So hows pennsylvania? Any nice forests? Visit the redwood forest (not sequoia but that one too) in california. Its fucking surreal.

the guitar head's speaker out? no. i mean it's possible but you'd blow the amp
line out? yes

The P-Rails are kind of limited without the rings.

what is ghee ghees opinion on the boss katana

Attached: 1516145760460.jpg (850x638, 310K)

for recording

in an apartment i mean

>the yamaha pacifica

whoops fogot pic lol

Attached: IMG_6500.jpg (1200x1200, 262K)

hahahajajajaha TWO Asian shit planks. Just get one good guitar. Why do you need two ‘different’ bad WMC guitars?? Ahaha ha haha

based and REDPILLED

Really bad. Get a Blues JR. GET A FUCKING BLUES JR. ITS ALWys the ANSWER UNIRONICALLY

>he hangs them on his wall like they are art

Anahajanajajajajsjsja have you ever gone into someone’s house and seen a painted piece of plywood proudly on display. Abahahahahajajajsjsahshshsjsjs from CHINA.
>here is this plywood and chinesium art piece made by a 70 gook lady in Shan dOe China for $100. Behold it’s craftmanship

Bahahahahajajajsjsjjss stop BEING POOR PLEASE IT HURTS. YOU DIDNT EVEN MOUNT THEM IN A GOOD SPOT HAHAHAHAHA

>YOU DIDNT EVEN MOUNT THEM IN A GOOD SPOT
They're on the wall right before the bathroom though.

I apologize it’s totally appropriate

How?