Name a better rhythm guitar player

Name a better rhythm guitar player

Attached: Based Lou.jpg (660x371, 28K)

you called?

Attached: im stepping out.png (600x788, 582K)

Ringo

>"One chord is good. Two chords is pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."
>Writes Perfect Day and has it become his most enduring song
Tragic

Anyway I agree, Lou Reed is timeless. Somehow still sounds modern even with his two chord rock n roll strumming. Goes to show how bad rock is now.

Izzy Stradlin

this

he was the lead guitarist in the velvet underground tho

LOL

Are sure? He isn't playing on songs like Run, Run, Run and Waiting for the Man? I thought John Cale was the noise maestro.

Regardless, Lou still wrote the rhythm parts and the lyrics.

Literally any guitarist who playing guitar in the band all by himself

Freddie Green. There is an entire style of rhythm playing named after him.

Keith Richards

Matt embree or
The dude from the strokes

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the strokes? Their rhythm section is terrible in my opinion, all their songs are boring and sound the same

Him and Sterling both played lead and rhythm

Your opinion is ass

Dave Mustaine

Ok good reply but seriously, they have some catchy melodies but every person plays their instruments in the most basoc boring ways in an attempt to recapture the garage rock sound of the 60s and 70s and it just sounds so bland and shitty.

Hammond Jr.? Can you give any examples? I listened to their first couple of albums and there was nothing special, just a bunch of power chords and pentatonic riffs

i'd argue that the rhythm section in the strokes is pretty good, it just rarely gets to shine because the band's music is so tightly wound. the bass always provides really good counter point, and the drumming patterns are sometimes pretty complicated and he keeps them up for the entire song without any fills or anything as breaks,

>all their songs are boring and sound the same
all the good ones sound the same at least.

I suppose I need to give them another listen, their drum patterns seemed to all be the same, which by itself isn't terrible, (Joy Division used the same drumming on many UP songs). I guess my main issue is the lack of energy in their music despite them trying to channel much more energetic bands. It sounds like a corporate rock equivalent of garage.

He's up there, in rock at least. Steve Cropper is probably the best but has the right idea

>Perfect Day

Don't think that one even has guitar on it, just piano written and played by Mick Ronson.

My point was it's a song with a long chord progression, I think there's eight different chords in the verse and four or so in the chorus and then a different 4 chord progression for the outro. Much different than his regular two chord songs, yet became one of his most popular

Pete Townshend

Johnny Ramone

not even just rhythm, some of his leads were fucking ludicrous

>Get high and bang on your guitar for 20 minutes yelling about speed and blowjobs
>Accidentally change music forever

Woops

>It sounds like a corporate rock equivalent of garage.
Well, it's them trying to sound like 60's garage bands. So it sounds shitty as hell, 60's bands weren't trying to sound like 60's bands.

Exactly, blatant imitation sounds soulless. It might be different if they had good lyrics but it doesn't even sound like they put an effort into that. They just showed up, played basic ass boring songs with phoned in lyrics. Any spirit or energy from the bands they imitate, who at the time were doing something different, is lost in this poor imitation. They're like a bad high school band that hit upon a marketable trend and got big, which I suppose does hold a certain appeal to some people, the simplicity of the songs and the regularness of the members makes it relatable or attainable in some way.

And again, to be fair I think Is This It is a very good song, and I'm basing my opinion off their debut, which wasn't impressive enough to warrant delving more into their catalogue.

This or pic related

Attached: D6BCE118-49C0-4E42-A398-58A80B1B01E4.jpg (1024x768, 217K)

Dick Wagner and/or Steve Hunter

Seconded, he’s mint

Bob Weir

Attached: Jerry Garcia Bob Weir.jpg (1800x1403, 793K)

Dave Mustaine

Don't even @ me

Is he the rhythm guitarist or the lead? It sounds like him and Joe swap per song to me.

Attached: Dur1-o3X4AAeTWm.jpg (1000x1019, 118K)

@

you ever heard the cinema show?

Attached: CE540FAE-196C-4765-8594-2F42FBAF17FC.jpg (590x350, 32K)

literally who

Bob Weir

based

yep, nice quads as well

>muse in current year

Ah yes, the famous "greening"

>He isn't playing on songs like Run, Run, Run and Waiting for the Man

Yes he is. Cale loved noise but Lou was a MASSIVE Ornette Coleman fan.

based and checked

Attached: 1.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Attached: John Browne Monuments.jpg (649x406, 106K)