Classical Music is inherently racist; Time to let it die

>Classical Music is Inherently Racist

>In my previous articles, I laid out my experiences and reasoning for coming to this conclusion. I started with “Am I Not a Minority?” to explain the everyday racism people of color experience and how it manifests on an institutional level. If you haven’t read it already, I encourage you to explore how institutions uphold their power by choosing which minorities to give access to.

>The few scraps given to minorities are overwhelmingly white–occupied by white cisgender women or LGBT+ individuals. The few PoC who are given access to institutional space are most often light skinned and non-Black while also exoticised and tokenised.

>And that led me to my second article, “Escaping the Mold of Oriental Fantasy“–a personal history of isolation and colonization, of how Western classical music participates in the act of destroying culture and replaces it with its own white supremacist narrative.

>Western classical music is not about culture. It’s about whiteness. It’s a combination of European traditions which serve the specious belief that whiteness has a culture—one that is superior to all others. Its main purpose is to be a cultural anchor for the myth of white supremacy. In that regard, people of color can never truly be pioneers of Western classical music. The best we can be are exotic guests: entertainment for the white audiences and an example of how Western classical music is more elite than the cultures of people of color.

Attached: chrome_2019-06-27_14-17-17.png (990x734, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kw19XDSB0ZI
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/griller-string-quartet/string-quartet-in-f-major-op-96-the-nigger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It’s Time to Let Classical Music Die

>Western classical music depends on people of color to uphold its facade as a modern, progressive institution so that it can remain powerful. By controlling the ways in which composers are financed, it can feel like our only opportunities for financial success as composers are by playing the game of these institutions.

>It’s time for us to recognize that engaging with these institutions, that contributing to the belief that our participation in composer diversity initiatives is doing anything to reshape the institution of classical music, and that classical music is an agent of cultural change instead of a placeholder to prevent composers of color from forming our own cultures, is ultimately furthering colonization and prevents us from creating artwork capable of real, genuine expression.

>As long as people of color are making art, culture stays alive.

>This mission is entirely against the nature of white supremacy, which seeks to replace non-white cultures with their own fantasies. Therefore, I will not find support in this endeavor.

What's Yea Forums's thoughts on this? I personally agree with everyhting.

This article is about music, poltards would provide no useful commentary.

nuke america

America; Time to let it die

Attached: 1561487527745.jpg (850x400, 76K)

this is really old. if you believe this shit today you're literally retarded. also this spag never even went to America. he probably met like 4 yanks in his whole life.

It’s pure and utter nonsense that is rooted in so many false suppositions I doubt even the most ardent virtue signallers would take it seriously.

Shut up, Amerilard.

Eh, that's bollocks solely on the basis that, from personal experience, 90% of composition students are ridiculously left wing and honest to goodness communists. Western Classical Music is just one style of classical, however. It's arguably the most popular, too.

There's something to be said about the programs of orchestras which tend to be... lacking and oftentimes find themselves repeating a smattering and shifting cycle of pieces. However, that's an institutional issue that can be changed if you so desire, that's not an issue of western classical music in and of itself.

Finally, this to me feels a bit like "classical music is cancelled" - motherfucker, barely anyone goes to concerts.

As I guessed, the bulk of comments on the article disagree.

>As a black man, I believe it is troubling to compare one’s love of classical music to an abusive relationship. Classical music gives me joy, the same is the case with jazz, latin music, the music of Sinatra, Nat King Cole and Shirley Bassey, to mention a few. When it comes to music, no one should issue a prescription of what others (white or of color) should listen to. I’ve always been of the belief that if you don’t like it, then don’t listen to it. With all due respect, this perspective of classical music is simply arrogant. Where does it stop? What should we eliminate next? Western attire? Western books? Western food, technology, philosophy? Western medicine? Paintings, sculptures? One’s opinions should not become the norm for an entire people, whether they are white or of color.

>everythings racist
I swear to god I'm having everything more and more recently. Even though I know this barely applies to real world views outside of some goober on the internet.

>white music made by white people is racist - let blacks in plz

>black music made by black people is empowering - whites cannot play because that is appropriation

Attached: 39_Edp.png (304x225, 161K)

Based ebony gentleman.

>what are power structures

Attached: 1561473339332.jpg (1259x800, 131K)

Its even more true today. If he said that in your best years imagine now, you're not even sentient beings. You're an insult to life and the human race.

I'm sure every composer in Japan--a known hive of non-white people--is really concerned about this. Or they might be too busy making music.

youtube.com/watch?v=kw19XDSB0ZI

AIDs are the most powerful structures to people like you, how ironic.

This.

Attached: 1549221845976.jpg (611x630, 68K)

bait thread but okay

I think we should kill all the niggers and continue our lives.
If classical music is not culture, than what is? It's literally peak culture, only the brightest minds can do it.

What about we kill your faggot ass first

Why?
I contribute to this society by working, paying bills etc.

>in order to create a racially equal society without discrimination we must discriminate because wypipo strong

this

What a load of shit. Fuck off

But what about black classical composers and interprets?

wh*toids should not create, for they have already created too much. from now on they should only listen to and appreciate music from people of color

Attached: Diversity.webm (400x272, 1.92M)

>nitpicking faggot
i'm not saying that it's right, but take that shit to /pol/ where it belongs.

lol

yeah there are plenty of cases to nitpick lol

Is this that mysterious shit? I listen to albums that people actually play. And you actually hear it. You know, driving your car you hear another car playing it. Go to the barber shop, you hear them playing it. You know, turn the radio on, and you hear them playing it. It's playing everywhere - it's called great music. It's called albums that you actually hear the songs. Not no mysterious shit, and you never hear it.

Yeah, it's very funny not being a leech.

lol

Imagine if 13% of a population commited over 50% of the murders
There would be uproars
...Oh wait

Nobody cares because they mostly kill each other. Just stay out of their way while they off themselves.

go back to /pol/ this is a music forum, not a place to talk about your racist bullshit.

>Evola
Cringe

Attached: 93f.jpg (680x540, 38K)

Cope

Its not racist, its classist. Its the music of rich people.

>implying

Attached: file.png (850x400, 217K)

Their complaints are about how people treat classical music as the peak of culture, which has nothing to do with the music itself.

no it's right. everytime a stormfag feels upset by the actions of a brown man, good has been done. I mean this sincerely.

Imagine deliberately eliminating all tarces of western philospohy, technology and medicine. Back to the iron age, faggots.

>this is a music forum, not a place to talk about your racist bullshit
>says in a thread with racist bullshit OP post

Bravo.

Nebal Maysaud is a low attention span retard.
Classical is high IQ music, which is why far-east asians and jews gravitate towards it.

>reading comprehension

What are you trying to imply?

that you didn't read the post properly

he didn't say that the dude wanted to to that, his post was pretty much
>yeah, if people did that it would be crazy
not
>i can't believe that that guy said he wants that

in other words
>reading comprehension

so we're gonna cancel arab, chinese and hindustani classical just like that? how dumb
Even if you want to turn these traditions into some idpol debate shit race isn't the major factor. is true

Classical music can be from any country. There's Chinese Classical Music for example.

Basically this guy is anti-European music. Replace everytime he says whiteness with "Europeans".

At the end of the day this author is a Middle Eastern (white) guy who moved to a European influenced country and complains they play fucking European classical music!

Hey buddy go move to China if you want chinese classical or go move back to fucking war torn middle east if you want music banned. The muslims are happy to ban stringed instruments!

Additionally, classical is already well well dead. Young europeans don't listen to classical. They listen to Rap, Jazz, Rock - black invented genres.

>Additionally, classical is already well well dead. Young europeans don't listen to classical. They listen to Rap, Jazz, Rock - black invented genres.

Most people only start to understand classical when they turn 60.

the usual cultural marxist crap
only whites and asians are smart enough for classical
niglets and sandniggers are too dumb for anything but oriental howl music or drumming and dancing

bait it more

Credit where its due. Blacks are the progenitors of most popular music. Everything aside from electronic really.

>the usual cultural marxist crap

Attached: 1548719416771.png (1000x432, 165K)

nice self portrait, niglet

*Americans are the creators of modern popular music.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/griller-string-quartet/string-quartet-in-f-major-op-96-the-nigger/

For me, it's the Nigger Quartet.

I don't remember subscribing to this Tumblr.

>It’s Time to Let Classical Music Die
>Nebal Maysaud is a queer Lebanese composer
LOL have fun with ISIS rooftops juming, faggot

Black americans*

>cultchural markshsishm

Attached: 1548532288567.png (988x704, 66K)

Music isn't inherently anything. It's vibration in the air. We give it value in accordance with our world view.

There is no ISIS in Lebanon. In fact Lebanon is the most christian country in the middle east with 40% of population being chistian.
The more you know.
But yeah, Nebal is stupid faglord.

I didn't even need to look it up to know he's a faggot. If you get AIDS your opinion is invalid

It's sad to see what you've been reduced to.

Really gets the noggin workin