Why was this group so hated?

Why was this group so hated?

Attached: 54789854.png (300x123, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAFSFmnxxBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They just represented every popular trend that sucked at the time. Everything about them was bad, yet they dominated the radio.

>why didn't people like what I like :((
Kys and take your shitty thread with you

their skill made people insanely jealous

They suck. Their best song is "let's get retarded" but since they're family friendly assholes nobody ever hears it. Their most famous song is "pump it", a copy and paste of Dick Dale's excellent Misirlou guitar riff, with those faggots """rapping""" over it.

this
I mean I like some of their more popular songs but I honestly think that has to do more with nostalgia than anything else.

They weren't bad before they added the plastic white skank and they aren't bad after they dropped her. You think there's a correlation here?

they were not hated, you fucking nerd

either you're a pleb or (more likely) you just never listened to their first album

they sold out and then decided to add her. That's why they're hated

^This. She was just cheap fap fodder but not enough to disguise the shitty music itself.

I Gotta Feeling is everything hated about the late 2000s in one song.

They were definitely hated by metal and dadrockfags.

also by rap fans
and fans of music

Attached: bep.png (1566x734, 109K)

>Just plain people love it
Has this guy never heard of Payola in his life? There is a whole lot of loathesome garbage that gets a fuckton of radio rotation because Sony or Warner writes DJs a check not because anyone actually likes or wants to listen to the stuff.

So what's the deal. Is this guy talented and just wanted to sell out, or is he just a hack?

Attached: VegNews.Will.I.Am.3.jpg (680x402, 42K)

So I tried relistening to the singles from The E.N.D. and they were every bit as awful as I remember them whether it's the lifeless singing or the generic bland production or the nonexistent beat or the horrible Autotune use or Fergie's cringy attempt at sounding black.

That bothers me less than the double standard he follows. I'm sure for example you could argue that just plain people loved Journey or Metallica or RHCP because they had top 10 hits at some point or another. Yet he didn't show any love for those guys.

pretty much for all of their post-Elephunk existence they were pumping out overplayed and extremely shitty music all the time, will.i.am in particular became a complete joke over the course of the ensuing decade

They were white guys with guitars who aren't punk bands from NYC so they don't count and aren't artistically valid.

Robert Christgau [New York, 1942]
Moronic. D

Between them and Ke$ha, 2009 may have been one of the worst years ever.

2009 was a horrible year for everything except animated film

There're only two types of people who have a special hate for the black eyed peas:

1. Pretentious and pseudo intellectual music critics who feel that because the bep is a group then they must play instruments or sing about black culture because they rap.
2. People who like to pretend they have a good musical taste by disliking a group that make party songs, even though they also enjoy listening to generic music.

I loved Elephunk, but don't like anything much after that.

>People who like to pretend they have a good musical taste by disliking a group that make party songs
That's not the problem. There are a lot of groups who made great party songs. BEP are not one of them.

>BEP are not one of them.
Are you comparing the BEP with other pop acts from this century? Because if that's so then you are exactly what I've described earlier.

They are bad because their songs were the ultimate form of cynical, low-effort, phoned-in garbage for money is why.

>Pretentious and pseudo intellectual music critics who feel that because the bep is a group then they must play instruments
What instrument you play since you're apparently a self-proclaimed judge of instrumental skill?

uh user Payola is illegal

And how is that different from any other pop acts from this century? I guess if they appealed more to girls or black people then the hate they get would be much less because they could get away with making bad music.
You can't honestly say that black eyed peas are worse than katy perry, ariana grande or beyonce.

I'm sure a lot of stuff is illegal on paper.

>You can't honestly say that black eyed peas are worse than katy perry, ariana grande or beyonce.
I'm not defending any of those people.

I don't play an instrument, retard. My point was that it gets annoying to hear metal/dadrock fags acting as if electronic or other non-instrumental forms of music aren't artistically valid.

Attached: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

So when people say that black eyed peas are so bad, who are they comparing them to?

Honestly there's nobody in LA who knows how to put a good pop song together anymore. Anyone who did is dead or retired.

Fuck off dadrocker.

Not an argument and I was born in 88 so I certainly don't have nostalgic attachment to 70s music if that's what you're asking.

No you're just a lebornintheronggeneration fag which is possibly worse.

Am I missing something? Did someone make a le epic youtube video about how great they really are?

>I have to like Beyonce or BEP or else I'm a Queen fan from Reddit

>no tune
>no singing
>no sense of melody
>horrible Autotune use
>no hooks
>just a pile of noise
All those are perfectly good reasons to not like something like

>Oh boo hoo Obama became president
Go back to /pol/, MAGA fucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=GAFSFmnxxBc

You can hear the jaded cynicism and we're-doing-this-for-money vibe in every bar of this.

pleb filtered I guess

I saw them live back in the early 2000s and I agree that everything post-Elephunk was nothing but a cheap cash grab.

I guess they're just better at doing pop music.

I'll also never figure out why Fergie got a facelift when she was not yet 35.

Let's Get It Started - ok party tune

Boom Boom Pow and My Humps -total shit garbage

Points knocked off for their self-censoring both of LGIS (original title "Let's Get Retarded") and Where Is The Love (cutting out the CIA reference when performing at the Obama inauguration).

You can always use their music as an example of successful commercial music, that while catchy on CD, sounds like crap when performed live. An awesome example of the low quality of talent companies like to support and push on the masses.

I know. I've heard how they sound like shit live because their songs are 100% dependent on studio effects.

the boogie that b is still a certifiable banger

I never even thought Fergie was hot. She's really pretty gross desu.

I mean, the 98-03 stuff was decent enough funk-hip hop. How much their change in direction was forced by the label is unknown.

Supposedly they wanted Nicole Scherzinger instead but she couldn't join them for contractual obligations or something.