What were some big losses for music?

what does Yea Forums think the biggest losses in music were? what musicians do you think died before they reached their peak?
for me personally, i would say...

>Kurt Cobain
>Jimi Hendrix

Attached: Kurt cobain was a cool guy.png (300x574, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sc67atweLKI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etika_(streamer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What a fucking downer who cares

Randy Roads
Amy Winehouse

David gbowie

youtube.com/watch?v=Sc67atweLKI

i've never listened to amy winehouse before
what is her music like?

not that good, it's 2000s pop soul
adele sort of shit

oh jesus yeah im not interested in that

XXXTentacion and Lil Peep were the greatest rappers of all time. It is very unfortunate that they passed.

>dude weed lmao

>pac
>biggie
>big pun

i'm not big into hip-hop normally but i've been wanting to try tupac actually because i've watched an interview with him and read a little on him and he seems like an interesting person -- his story is certainly tragic. do you have any recommendation for where i should start?

That was quite an awkward run-on sentence that I just wrote.

Mozart.

>biggest losses
Fuck off you illiterate retard

X and Peep were huge losses, dumbass. "Jimmy Hendricks" and "Kirk Kobain" are both boomer shit.

iceman etika

Buddy Holly would've changed the course of music had he not died at the tragic age of 22.

> died too young (24)

Attached: duane-allman.jpg (636x900, 164K)

Attached: quote-rip-amy-winehouse-we-lost-a-true-heroin-addict-today-norm-macdonald-88-85-49.jpg (850x400, 56K)

i hadn't heard of this guy until today; that was a genuinely interesting story.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etika_(streamer)

the day the music died.
i've never listened to buddy holly before. do you have any recommendations for where i should start?

Richie Valens was only 17 when that plane went down with Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper.

>Nick Drake
>Mark Hollis
>Seth Putnam
>Matt Pollock
That's about all I can think of. Brainlets will say Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, and Elliot Smith but they're wrong.

me against the world is a good place to start but the don killuminati is his best

Norm is a piece of shit

>still illiterate and retarded
Fuck off kid

just listen to a buddy holly and the crickets greatest hits and you'll get the idea.

he was way ahead of his time in terms of studio trickery and chances are if he lived into the sixties he wouldve been a major player in the production scene.

If John Lennon wasn’t shot, he would have repaired his damaged familial relationships and Lennon/McCartney (if not the Beatles) would reunite. It was already leaning towards that direction; he was hanging out with Paul again, he repaired his relationship with Yoko, he made peace with his dad, he and Julian were even starting to reconcile before he died. Not only would he have made some great new music, but his reputation would be fully intact

im glad they bit the dust, they made shite music anyways kek

"XXXTentacion" and "greatest rappers of all time" don't belong in the same sentence, faggot.

Attached: 1561086093444.jpg (360x394, 30K)

I think Kurt Cobain was easily one of the biggest losses in music. I don't believe he had even reached his peak yet when he died. Based on what information and recordings are available from the end of his life, he was most likely just about to explore a new sound; this is a sentiment also shared by his friend, Michael Stipe of REM.
And even if you don't like his music, shitty post-grunge possibly wouldn't be a thing if Kurt Cobain had lived, so there's at least that.

alright, thank you. i'll check these out when i get a chance.

Best thing to come out of Cobain's mouth was the smoking barrel of a shotgun.

this reminds me of the sort of bullshit people say about xxxtentacion redeeming himself
...Is XXXTentacion Generation Z's John Lennon?

Nick Drake

The only bad thing about Buddy Holly is that he makes me think of Weezer because of that one shitty single. I fucking hate Weezer.

the biggest loss in music is that guy from sublime, of course

>I SMOKE TWO JOINTS IN THE MORNING
>I SMOKE TWO JOINTS AT NIGHT
>I SMOKE TWO JOINTS IN THE AFTERNOON
>IT MAKES ME FEEL ALRIGHT

Lemme guess, you like Tupac or something, you fucking boomer?

This. Duanne could have been more famous then Clapton if he lived.

Attached: Dutch_SG.jpg (794x1080, 113K)

nope, i just find it funny when dumbass kids think that nigger had any talent

Nick Drake. I'd kill to hear what he would have made with Francoise Hardy.

Stay mad, boomer. Rappers like X are the future.

With XXXTentacion it’s just bullshit, everything I said is verifiable fact. He had repaired his relationship with Yoko (that’s why they released Double Fantasy), he was hanging out with Paul again (Paul often visited him at his New York flat), and he reconciled with his dad (his father was dying and John visited him and let him meet Sean). The only thing that I guess is more opinion based is that he was “starting” to reconcile with Julian. I think that’s how the direction was turning but ultimately we don’t know how things would have gone.
XXXTentacion literally had a court date set, and after he died a thirty minute recording of him admitting to abusing his girlfriend was leaked. The people who say he would have redeemed himself really mean “he wasn’t literally beating his pregnant girlfriend the moment he was shot”

yeah, no, i agree with you
i was mainly just posting that to see if it'd piss people off
the beatles reuniting would've been very interesting

brian wilson

brian wilson isnt dead chief

you cant be the future of something if you're six feet under, gambino's better anyways

The anal cunt guy who fell off an escalator

he's not dead yet!

i don't like either of their music personally but i at least respect childish gambino

this made me chuckle

His influence will carry on. No one cares about any of these boomershits mentioned in this thread. Except for the Anal Cunt guy that one user mentioned. That guy's alright with me.

Cliff Burton

Boomers are just angry that their fucking guitarfaggot heroes won't be remembered by anyone with an IQ above 3.

so is you're mom lol

She's pop soul, but not anything like adele lmao. If you're interested in a modern take on soul with a lot of emotion behind it I'd give it a listen, but if you don't like soul at all, maybe not.

I'd agree with but I'd also add everyday is pretty unique relative to his other stuff.

whoa was that like supposed to be a thing?

Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake.

i haven't really ever listened to soul

Neither are dead, but it would have been real cool if Spaceman and Boom weren't such assholes to one another

Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, and Otis Redding are some recs if you're interested. Amy Whinehouse is like modern take on them (both in terms of subject and sound).

i have a sneaking suspicion that you juul to "expand your mind"

i'll check them out
i'm not sure how similar soul is to it, but i do really like old blues music so perhaps i'll also enjoy this

3PAC

Mark Sandman, Shannon Hoon, Id say Townes Van Zand had much more to give still, lived a really rough life though

i'm reading the story about sam cooke's death
It's quite the intriguing read.

not based

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're a boomer and are gay.

There's a documentary about Sam Cooke on Netflix, such a bizarre death.

He was butt naked chasing after a hooker who robbed him and the hotel manager shot him. of course there's a million conspiracies around what actually happened.

>XXXTentacion
(not a big loss for music)

his story is that of a shakespearean tragedy

why is everyone going off on only xxxtentacion
lil peep is a better person, but musically, they're both equally terrible

You're not a big loss for music.

Attached: scaruffiXxxtentacion.png (884x772, 110K)

yeah but im saying that lil peep is equally bad musically
lil peep should be getting the same amount of hate for his music
they're both shit

Gram parsons
Tho he was kinda already on a bit of a downward trajectory anyway I guess

Peter steele

i listened to 'That'll Be the Day' and i can definitely see why it was very influential but i don't think it aged very well
is this pretty representative of his sound or should i check out other songs by him?

Valfar.

I'd check out everyday, but everything else is like that'll be the day