Huh? i thought pitchfork hated white men?

huh? i thought pitchfork hated white men?

Attached: IMG_5230.jpg (640x811, 86K)

8.2. holy shit, what a pan.

they have one

Attached: unnamed-76-1553608921-640x427-1560458038-640x427.jpg (640x427, 74K)

First paragraph is YASSS KING'ing the black drummer

>Two things are immediately apparent while watching: Everyone in black midi looks approximately 8 years old and their drummer is an absolute legend.

No doubt the black was worth at least 0.1 points to get them the BNM

GUITAR MUSIC IS BACK

Lol that’s still more than two point higher than they gave my all-time favorite album.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

BTFO

this

whats your favorite album?

Someone post that picture where it shows P4K giving literally 50% of the best albums of the year to black artists and then all the racist "THE UNBEARABLE WHITENESS OF INDIE" "the pitch" articles under it

>all the albums i've liked from this year either have no pitchfork review, or have gotten 7's or lower

lol

Attached: cpeps.jpg (1000x1000, 158K)

>Before black midi had even announced their album, the video was passed around like samizdat by people who watch drum tutorials online; older dudes who long for the days when prog bands like King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer ruled British rock; weirder sects who love the chaotic grooves of no wave bands like DNA or Mars; younger fans who glommed onto the post-punk sound of Preoccupations or Girl Band; guys who own Butthole Surfers records and sometimes play a Fantômas song when no one’s looking.

Which one are you?

>At all times, their fellowship of chaos is moored to Simpson’s drumming—shadowy, melodic, crucial to the success of every moment on the album. It is Simpson who elevates these songs from heady improv experiments to a new, exciting language of music.

TLDR: the black guy is the true king of this album

Attached: 30BB0821-8483-4327-A067-11EA62601CE6.png (750x1334, 555K)

>>>/reddit/

fuck, I've been hearing about this shit and thought everybody was getting hyped for some black MIDI album that came out but no it's just garbage indie noise rock

good. pleb.

nice bait

this music is so appallingly terrible

Lol imagine it being for real

>shadowy, melodic
Huh?

>shadowy
sounds like a dogwhistle to me

It’s real

Thanks

do you use a special receipt for this kind of bait? very good quality

They have Bill Callahan (old straight white male) 8.5 and bnm last week also.

just further confirms that they're industry plants

I’m glad someone was autistic enough to do this. I noticed it happening a few years ago

>how can this be happening? I thought the /pol/ worldview perfectly explained reality?
just stop

How does he know what an 8 year old looks like? Paedo much?

it's sad to see genuinely good music be called a plant because people on Yea Forums no longer have the ability to distinguish actual quality and can't discern why this band is getting well deserved praise

>melodic
microtonal articulation of the drums my dude

black drummer

>well deserved
>Literally just got a good review in exchange for performing at the Pitchfork Festival.

>because people on Yea Forums no longer have the ability to distinguish actual quality and can't discern why this band is getting well deserved praise

Attached: Untitled.png (323x311, 12K)

why are you so obsessed with race

D I L A T E
I
L
A
T
E

based election tourist scum

It honestly disgusts me that people are calling this shit "rock" music. This is a fucking disgrace, and really highlights how far rock as a genre has fallen. REAL Rock Music is AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Guns and Roses, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith and INXS. This isn't rock, This is shit.

Honestly though, they named themselves Black Midi? Are you FUCKING kidding me? Fuck these guys, do they even have any idea what a BLACK MIDI is? It takes hours to compose Black Midi music and incredible hardware to even attempt playing it. These guys literally just have a fucking seizure on their guitar and call it a day, fucking no time is put into it at all, it lacks soul, just as the band lacks any fucking talent when it comes to naming themselves.

I am so fucking livid, I can't fucking take it anymore, people guarding these talentless hacks with the guise of it being "experimental" or "Avante-Garde" or even "Neo-Prog-Rock" or whatever the kids are calling it these days. If you like this kind of shit get your epileptic friend, give him your guitar and turn on the fucking strobe light, because you just created your very own Black Midi guitar solo.

The only member of the band with talent is the drummer, and he's black.

Another thing that really grinds my gears about this fucking god awful fucking band is that they used a mobile phone to play a sample through an electric guitar pickup, and this dude sits on his ass on his phone while the drummer does all the hard work. Fucking Millenials always on their fucking phones, even during a live performance.

In closing, I'd honestly rather listen to 21 pilots while watching the live-action Garfield movie because this is just fucking awful.

Fuck this band.

Fuck this album.

1.34/57
Drummer score:

32/43.8

BLACK*

basic whiney emo ""space rock""

Masterbaiting holy shit

They have black guy so it's OK to give them more than 7/10.

>huh? i thought pitchfork hated white men?
They do, that’s why they didn’t give it the 10 it deserves

>p4k
>being told what to think about music
>not just listening to it

Attached: 1544471154241.jpg (500x375, 107K)

based copypasta

Elbow have a black bassist but they never got a BNM though

Attached: elbow_1250685488.jpg (450x312, 36K)

They can still see great music though

I don't check Pitchfork any more. What are their highest rated albums this year?

PINK

kys boomer.

I like it. The guy sounds like the guy from Sun City Girls.

If you like this album please visit a neurologist and have yourself tested for an auditory processing disorder.

Wow pitchfork is back

Holy shit, I thought you guys were joking. I read the review now and they ACTUALLY gave it BNM because of the black guy. The scummiest part of it is crediting all the success of a young musical act to just one guy, I would be pissed if I was the bassist or the guitarist.

big thief: ufof is the highest rated (9.2) if u dont count beyonces live album which is 9.3

Is ufo worth the listen? I like the leads solo stuff.

okay boomer

to be fair all the guitars do is this repetitive 3 chord krautrock thing and the drums and vocals add all the other variety

>esports