String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro:com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.not//lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com_guitar_crafpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Techniques/Setups/BuzzedDagnosis/buzzedlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIailagC!3KynUYdTW53VsPu9QrJS_g
chords, inverse chords, and scales
>http//www/all-guitar-chords.com/

Previous thread

Attached: 43218846_10156336047736154_1790375216329785344_o.jpg (714x1024, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3Rjb
vocaroo.com/i/s0hGsiHKzxhm
youtu.be/vGGiyz8Rzbo
aionelectronics.com/project/flare-fuzz-factory/
2.bp.blogspot.com/_y4AYtND8Hz8/TCINTn3D6JI/AAAAAAAAAY0/wBxmQy75fJ8/s1600/knownworkingtotal.gif
taydaelectronics.com/fuzz-factory-diy-pcb-guitar-effect.html
youtube.com/watch?v=F3NHLRGtDJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PILag2Oj3Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=lVbyWunzpzU
youtube.com/watch?v=2ujO7qpoK40
youtube.com/watch?v=zYlj4ELNBl0
rbt.asia/mu/search/image/J3mknu221z3t9f1F4VJM8A/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loving this CE-2w I picked up last week. It beat the hell out of my eqd sea machine v3. the sea machine always just felt too "loose" with the slapback echo you can't dial out.

Attached: 1559599031788.jpg (3796x2704, 3.14M)

I need to pick up a chorus pedal. I just swapped my RAT out for my old Octofuzz. I never could get a sound out of the RAT I was happy with. The octo is better, but it still doesn't give me that filthy fuzz I'm looking for.

Attached: 20190624_130852.jpg (1586x980, 1.24M)

The rat is not a fuzz pedal

What kind of fuzz are you looking for? maybe try something like an EQD spires or some various fuzz faces? My sunface gets really gnarly and I love it.

It's a distortion/fuzz/overdrive.

Just a raw, nasty fuzz

>raw, nasty fuzz
I could recomend the EQD spires, BC109 sunface, NKT red dot sunface, etc

Have you tried running an overdrive after your octavefuzz?

I have successfully kakaposted Sammy away into the deepest kaka-hole of the universe.
Should he come back, just say "The kaka signal is on, /gg/ needs you" and I will come back.

Based and kakapilled

Attached: 20190623_200527(1).jpg (1944x2571, 815K)

Anybody know if a '75 Gibson L6 uses the same electronics cover plate as a Les Paul? Mine is missing

None of those are enough. Maybe the sound I'm chasing isn't a fuzz pedal, but I don't know what else it could be. I'm looking for borderline unusable. The kind of fuzzy, gnarly mess that makes hair grow on your fingernails.

fuzz factory?

Retard I posted on last thread you dumb fuck

Tfw don't play guitar anymore bc tendonitis, strings breaking and or dirtying, and lack of interest and enjoyment

THE KAKA SIGNAL IS ON, /GG/ NEEDS YOU!

What are you looking at for chorus?

Attached: 1555507739984.jpg (320x320, 34K)

Ooo...maybe

Then fuck off these threads and go plan your dads funeral and never come back.

Haven't really started looking yet. It's just on my list.

I can stay here as much as I want and I can deliberately start to shit up the thread for the first time in history

Poor fag guitar:
>Can’t play anything aside from chugging and power chords
>can’t afford a real Gibson SG so he bought a plywood Dean GS copy
>can’t admit that mahogany is harder to get than plywood
> cant admit that dense properly dried wood is more resistant to warping than plywood
>hasn’t played guitar long enough to observe the cheap materials failing
>has too short an attention span to play long enough to observe this
>cares all about imagine which is why he bought a guitar that looks like a real nice guitar
>lives in a shit hole but has a down payments worth of cheap Chinese gear
Rich Guitar player
>proficient in all types of playing from a buddy Holly to Eric Johnson
>Recognizes that high quality materials require high prices
>doesn’t reward unethical businesses with his money
>spends less on guitars than poor fag and gets more for his money

Dude just sell all that shit and get a helix.
It can be your amp all those pedals and if you get tired of them you have every other amp you could want in the small 19 lbs box.

Why lug all that shit around in 2019 when nobody can tell the difference and I bet a good chunk of those are digital anyway

Attached: FABDB974-0D8F-4803-A4CA-D3644C89D6AF.jpg (750x547, 61K)

Nothing on my board is digital, and I'm a bedroom warrior so I don't care about portability.

MY PLAYWOOD IS JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS YOURE STUPID FOR SPENDING MONEY ON THAT WHEN CHINESE PEOLLE WILL PUT A REFRIDGERATOR MAGNET ON PLYWOOD FOR WAY LESS

>It can be your amp all those pedals...
I'm sure it could do decent approximations but that's a no for me.

>...I bet a good chunk of those are digital anyway
dosn't really matter to me. I picked the pedals I have because they are exactly what I wanted. I feel that anything else would be a compromise.

Does that just run direct into the PA?

I prefer the workflow of pedals vs a digital interface. I'm the same with synthesizers.

Knobs/faders/switches >>>>> digital interface

Ok, but consider this.
Tube amps all need good volume to sound good, and in a bedroom you can’t be that loud. Even a Blues Jr needs to be loud to sound really good.

Helix has a master volume indépendant of the amp so you can be blowing tubes while not pissing off the neighbor.

You can play a fender twin in your room instead of it being too loud for an arena

How did we go from pedals to amps?

Weekly collaborative backing

Record something for it if you play guitar

instaud.io/3Rjb

attenuators are a thing, ya know.

I like it. I'll get on that when I get home

This.

I invented the concept of posting in /gg/ about stinky kaka coming out of my kakabutt and getting tangled in my asshairs. AMA

Your parents must be so proud

Yes, you plug into the PA so it’s way easier to mix as well. No mics and spacing it and messing with cables and carrying 150 lbs of shit.
Keep in mind professionals have all ditched big amps. Everyone now has dummies on stage and mics up small amps in the basement or back stage and runs it to the PA and to in ear monitors.
Its light weight and easy. Many records were even recorded with fractal and helix too.
IN ROOM I’ll admit tubes are better. But recording or at a venue the benefits of digital far outweigh the small nuance of Tubes only true patricians can hear.

I have Helix. There’s a good chance I will indulge in a Blues Jr at some point to pair with it but the Bassman setting on helix is 90% there.

Also, spider, mustang, katana, etc suck. They have cheaper processors so they can’t create as accurate of a sound as the helix and fractal.

Consider my picture.
The old line 6 pod is like the second picture. Thé computer was slow so it could only make a so so model of an analogue signal.

Thé New Fractal and Helix have much much better processors so they can output more bars and thus turn all those small straight lines more like a real analogie curve. The more bars under the curve thé more accurate thé sound.

Helix and Fractal also are only as good as the person working on the patch. I think their Friedman and Mesa lone Stars are really good. I think the plexi isn’t as great.

The réal challenge for helix and Fractal is good reverb, it’s knly so so at this point.

Attached: FBC72449-29A5-43BE-B498-11E7E427E428.jpg (638x359, 59K)

Your parents must be so proud

It’s really easy though. You push the amp or pedal. The knobs lining the bottom of the screen become labeled and assigned to the knobs of the amp or pedal.
So click Fender Twin and your knobs line up just like the real amp: Drive Bass Mid Treble Présence

I'll have to look into one. I'm tired of lugging my massive fucking Silvertone around

Yeah but you’ll spend a lot of money and burn your house down

vocaroo.com/i/s0hGsiHKzxhm

Attached: 1539147432141.png (960x695, 250K)

Personally i think fractal sounds better but Helix comes with the pedal system built in and has a better interface and software.

If you Jewtube it you can sound test and you won’t be able to tell a difference anyway

>"yea i play bass"
>doesnt play upright or fretless
Oh so youre just bad at guitar then

Attached: e65.png (825x707, 648K)

I get this, but at the same time you’re being stupid.

A lot of bassists would sooner just kill their band’s rhythm guitarist so they could fill the slot. After all, they’re 9/10 times playing the root note over and over.

That said, I think someone can play bass and be good at it, but playing upright or fretless isn’t a sign that someone is a truly great bassist.

i finished restringing and finally properly setting up all my guitars after all these years. man, does it make a difference. i play 20 times better now. i'll also never use ernie balls again. polywebs are the shit.
still need to adjust pickup height on all of them. havent found a great tutorial for that yet

you're going into the right direction, but right now there is not a single reason not to get the GT-100 instead. 300-400€ and it has much better effects/simulations/features. including the incredible CS-3 with sustain control and the DA-2 (best distortion pedal), Tera Echo and many other (Boss) classics.

Attached: 12596676_800.jpg (800x534, 52K)

It's just whatever sounds best. Some guys don't like them too high because they claim the magnets affect sustain. I try to balance both e strings through a flatish amp. If you're autistic you could look up manufacturer specs/recommendations and adjust them with some verniers or a rule that goes down to thousanths.

OK. Do you even play a guitar?
Follow up question:
Does anyone here play the fucking guitar?

Nope, I just follow the trends of kaka

Checked and yes, I do

Yes, I own a classic vibe Squier telecaster. It does tend to be a bit on the stinky side since I literally fart assy shit out of my butt and onto the fretboard, but the uptick in playability is worth it for certain.

What's the best way to cleanup the pole pieces on a pickup? I've got years on rust on mine.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get a Katana mini as babbies first guitar amp?

Attached: 1558737602593.png (350x370, 31K)

>4" speaker
>no reverb, just a shitty delay
it's not a real amp.

As a fan of the Katana, I have to agree with this. It has nothing that makes the Katanas good, just the name.

>Does anyone here play the fucking guitar?
me

Then what get for $200 max that'll mostly be played with headphones on because cunts around here complain if you breathe too loudly.

No but that doesn't stop me from buying them. I have a few on stands in my room and won't lie if people ask about it.

Are you open to line-in digital modeling through your computer?

It seems like a slight pain considering I'm literally just starting out. I've been playing my Squire without an amp for a week now.

Get a multi pedal with a headphone jack. I did this with a Digitech RP series for a while for just this reason

Personally for the price i would either get the Fender Champion 20 or the Roland Cube-10GX.

But if you'll mostly play with headphones, you might consider using just software like >88586280 mentioned (just need a $100 interface and pirated software) or the GT-100 (see ), which you might find for $300 (but it's legit professional gear that will have $xxxxxx worth of effects/amps/...)

Search YouTube for 'gated fuzz'. There are some really nasty sounds out there.

Have you heard the sound you're looking for on a song? I might be able to help if I hear it.

I have heard it, but I can't tell you where. It's on my head. I like the Fuzz Factory the other user posted, but I'll google grated too.

*gated

GATED
No 'r'.

Three seconds. And fuck off, Samuel, I'm not helping you now I know it's you.

You got problems man.

>earns $1.35 an hour
>fucks tranny prostitutes

I'm not Sam man. Seek help. You should know who I am by my fucking pedalboard.

If you're fucking your pedalboard, you definitely have problems.

>Trying too hard: The post

>run out of banter: the post

I never started banter. Now you're imagining fights on the internet?

Banter isn't a fight, user. Live a little.

Shit amp. Just get a fucking Blues Jr. it’s the beginning amp that is also so good it’s an endgame amp

You could always look into one of the mini stacks like the Orange Micro terror. They're pretty quiet and even have an aux input, plus headphone capability. They aren't the best sounding (especially through headphones), but it's definitely serviceable

CHINESIUM

Sand it off or try cotton and CLR. Or just get new ones.

Angus goes through a set of pick ups like every months cuz he sweats in them and the salt corrodes thé wiring

No I just learn about how they are made and the art of the guitar.
I’m a Lawyer, I hate physicians, trademarks, and women. I enjoy plywood and 70 year old Korean luthiers

Find a Fender G-Dec Junior. It's one of the nicest sounding solid-state modeling amps I've played. They're discontinued though, so finding one might be a bit of a bitch.

I want to believe you but I doubt the processor is as good, meaning not as many discreet numbers under the curve, meaning as distortion and reverb get more I retesting the less ‘real’ it will sound.

I spend Hours coming up with PRS tonewood memes and you fucks don’t even give me (yous).

Eat shit /gg/
Fuck lawyers
Fuck dean
And fuck toan wood

Paul posting was never funny

The PRS tonewood memes are unbelievably dull already; the shameless repetition doesn't help.

Get an AC30.
You'll hate ever second with it and that's part of the fun.

Who is the guitarist in the OP?

Herman Li

Semenus demonus.

Attached: DZgv_YXVwAAstSg.jpg (900x1200, 105K)

Retard

Guitar is making you gay.

Attached: GAY.png (357x631, 365K)

LOL

Wtf now I'm gay.

Attached: 1533367568251.jpg (533x708, 71K)

>meaning as distortion and reverb get more I retesting the less ‘real’ it will sound.
???

Have you considered Malekko B:Assmaster?

Well, rust is on the mounting screws, patina on the pole pieces.

Even Reaper has outstanding reverb vsts.

I know tube amps can be made with switching supplies. There are other ways to cut down on the size and wasted power, but these wouldn't be near copies of some Fender like every amp in a guitar center.

I don't have a problem with a zoomer D.I.ing his galaxy S10 and blue toothing his guitar to play shows in 2020. I understand limitations of managing live sound when a band drags in 3 full stacks.

There will still be a market and venues suited for the genuine articles just as there may be new markets created for virtual amp profiles.

Can't you at least spam one of his cuter pics

I think that user had a stroke.
What he meant was that the quantisation effect is multiplied the more digital distortion and reverb is added.
There's a reason why older sample music sounds better, they likely used analog effects on the digital sample.
Unless you have shit ears you will notice it. I definitely noticed the dramatic decline in sound quality when I added a digital pedal to my board. The colour of the sound is not as lush or full and you can't screw with effects the same way you would with analogue pedals.

t. Seething PRS SE shit plank owner

I have a question and I'm kind of scared to ask.

If I plop out a stinky log of my own kaka (it'd be coming out of my fart-hole), what part of the guitar do I rub with with my shit? is it all over the fretboard or somewhere else? How mushy and full of pebbles should I fart it if I want to sound like Eric Clapton?

Nice to see the Boonar on some other pedalboards as well. Definitely my favorite pedal on my board.

reminder: if you don't have 2 PRS guitars, you are a pleb and a poor schmuck

Attached: PRSqueer.png (855x1005, 1.67M)

Give it up. PRS posting will never upset people as much as Gibson posting.

t. Poorfag. Go back to pretending to play guitar

Attached: 1561395767744.jpg (498x294, 9K)

Gibson doesn't even have good finishes

Attached: PRSqueer.jpg (3000x1931, 361K)

That's more like it, carry on.

>prs bird inlay tattoo on arm

yup I do. You got a question?

not nasty enough

oscillators, ring mod, distortion from devices not designed for guitar, distortion from unwanted sources like interferance, nearby electric motor/supply/radio/light or monitor noise, failing power supply, analog tape distortion, microphonics

no. More blown speaker

swap for lower wattage speakers and play bass through your guitar amp

I don't want to blow my speaker, just sound like it.

Use a Kemper to model a blown speaker cab.

Blue Box?

why are you not talking about mark agnesi?

Haven't heard that one yet. The closest I've found is the Fuzz Factory, and believe it or not, the Behringer Super Fuzz

Because he's just someone that was told to say something.

Gibson sued Dean, I thought you were gonna go apeshit with it. I guess you don't like guitars.
See you wannabes.

Hey guys. Havent posted on gg for a while.

I'm thinking about getting a twelve string. I'm looking for something very affordable because I just wanna use it to noodle around and maybe record a couple of things with it. At the same time I don't want it to go out of tune all the time. Something cheap but reliable.

Any suggestions?

It's been on here since it happened. You're late to the party

yes

get an actual ano and play at a low volume

I had a vintage 70s Alvarez 12 string and it was easily the best sounding guitar I've ever heard. They take a little work to track down, but they can be had cheap when you do find them.

Attached: new (2).jpg (1224x1632, 706K)

Oh definitely check the Blue Box out then. It's half fuzz, half suboctave, and it's got a knob to blend between the two effects. Sounds amazing in front of a wah.

id get that epiphone double neck

I did. Sounds a lot like what I've got now desu.

>altoids can
>perfectly organized pedalboard with a way huge russian muff instead of an EHX reissue
peak soi

danelectro vintage 12

I bought a Takamine super jumbo 12 and it sounded like angels, but my troglodyte drummer knocked it off it's stand and broke it
I haven't had the motivation to take it to a luthier for repair, but I should, it really played well

The Behringer Super Fuzz is just a BOSS FZ-2, which is derived from the Univox SuperFuzz. You should take a look at the latter two.

Not right. The fuzz is too refined. The Boss is cool, but I think the Behringer is a little nastier.

The Behringer really is an FZ-2, the differences you're hearing are due to recording and component tolerance variations.

Maybe, but if it's the same, I'm going cheaper.

Attached: grass.jpg (502x539, 28K)

Fuck dean. Gibson = quality
Dean = poorfag shit

Of course, but they are the same. And how about the Univox SuperFuzz?

Didn't care for it, and fuck vintage prices.

>spend years being walletfag
>finally have money to invest in better gear
>Sorry, there's nothing here at the moment.
If any of you assholes come across a Carvin CM140CE, Danelectro Dead On '67 Cobalt, EHX 16 Second Delay Reissue with foot switch, or a Penny Pedals Fingerprint you better fucking post it here.
Checked.
I play chords, scales, and elementary fingerstyle tabs. My favorite thing is just doodling aimlessly until something cool happens.

Attached: 9y5xm5dx6ye11.png (1920x1080, 91K)

It's a very similar design. If you're worried about price (as you seem to be), you can always build your own.

I made an album using only bass guitar and vocal samples, I used a vodka bottle instead of a pick. do you guys like it?
youtu.be/vGGiyz8Rzbo

Attached: Haserots-Angel-of-Death-Victorious-Weeping-Angel-2.jpg (800x534, 89K)

I don't give one single shit about either of those companies.

>buy $1750 Taylor acoustic

>it’s made in Mexico
Just

>spending > $1k on any guitar
That's where you fucked up.

Or I can buy a Behringer for $25

Honestly, I'll probably go with the Fuzz Factory.

I guess I fucked up because I just bought one of these for $1895.

Attached: 24235233243132.jpg (800x560, 373K)

The Fuzz Factory is on the expensive side, but can be built for about $10 in parts. Hope it works for you.

I'm buying an Azusa Nakano Amplug to go with my MIJ MG69 Mustang to increase my waifu faggotry and there is nothing any of you can do to stop me.

Attached: HV_P1040044.jpg (2000x1500, 2.95M)

Good for you, I hope it makes you happy.

Nip Fenders are excellent quality, your weebery has served you well.

My solder-fu isn't that strong yet. I tried to build a delay kit and failed hard. It's getting better though.

You shouldn't have started with a delay, they're aggressively complicated.

Start off with something nice and simple, like a transistor fuzz. The Fuzz Factory, conveniently, fits these criteria perfectly.

>DUDE HOW CAN YOU SPEND $400 ON A PEDAL THAT'S JUST $10 WORTH OF ELECTRONICS SOLDERED TO AN ALTOIDS TIN WTF KEK
Do you fags own cell phones? Are you posting a computer, perhaps? You retards will spend 1100 USD on a Facebook machine and flip your shit over less than half the cost expended on twice as much research and development. Please just shut the fuck up if you don't care about unique electronics enough to support the people that create them.

Attached: big_guy.png (30x30, 2K)

The neck and body color don't match at all. Might have worked with maple.

It wasn't the complexity, it's just my soldering skills.

Can't wait to hear your prs going into a strymon big sky shimmer reverb

Get a 936 clone and some 63/37 solder, it's impossible to fuck up when you use decent materials.

>unique electronics
>6 million fuzz face clones

I unironically do not own a cellphone. I got sick and tired of people harassing me while I'm out and about and switched to a landline.

>
>he buys JHS shit

Attached: cropped_image_of_a_sad_casual_man_showing_empty_wallet_jpg.jpg (1000x667, 119K)

Where do you get a kit for $10?

Photos don't really do it justice. It looks great imo.

Attached: on1olytzhxxstthj6hel.jpg (1227x1600, 476K)

Seek help.

You don't use a kit, you buy your electronics from an electronics store.

Protip: volume/tone pots only cost $10 in guitar shops. They cost cents everywhere else.

I'm not gonna pretend like that isn't respectable just to be ideologically pure, unfortunately I need an Internet phone and computer for my job.

He fell for the roasted Maple neck meme.

Then you have to know how to read schematics

Is it a recolor of the AZ line? I like the looks of ibanez guitars but they always manage to sound a bit thin clean even with good third party pickups. No idea how they do that.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Gibson Guitar Lessons, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Dean, and I have over 300 confirmed litigations. I am trained in dadrock and I'm the top pentatonic blues player in the entire Guitar Center. You are nothing to me but just another poorass. I will Springsteen you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of lawyers across the USA and your patents are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your wallet. You're fucking poor, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can post embarrassing videos I later delete over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in the blues, but I have access to the entire AC/DC discography and I will use it to its full extent to powerchord your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy Authenticity™ your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the inflated pricetag, you goddamn idiot. I will noodle aimlessly all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking poor, kiddo.

No, there are layouts online.

I catch some shit at work for not having one but it's not like they can realistically do anything about it. I think I just had an especially bad weekend of calls from work on my weekend off and got nostalgic for the days of running around town on my bike in middle school because my friends weren't at home and I was trying to hunt them down. I felt more free then than I ever did with a cellphone.

A schematic is a simple drawing of which terminal to connect to which. If that's too complicated, you can buy a pre-made PCB from someone for $10:
aionelectronics.com/project/flare-fuzz-factory/

Even better, you can find a stripboard/Veroboard layout that someone else has translated for you:
2.bp.blogspot.com/_y4AYtND8Hz8/TCINTn3D6JI/AAAAAAAAAY0/wBxmQy75fJ8/s1600/knownworkingtotal.gif

I'll just buy it. I don't care about building pedals.

Then I've got as much in it as I can buy the Behringer for.

Wish I could ditch my phone.

That said, work calling you when you're not being paid to work is not acceptable, and you should never answer them.

My focus is just on using it less until I'm able to find a job that doesn't require me to have a laptop and be checking Slack/email everywhere I go.

We're not talking about the Behringer, we're talking about the $200 Fuzz Factory:
>Honestly, I'll probably go with the Fuzz Factory.

He never tried to build a delay, he probably hasn't touched a soldering iron.

Any uku bois here.

Fucking this. I had a friend in college who bought a Gretsch for like $3k and he would just leave it around the house and take it to ghetto-ass basement shows. I couldn't even fathom doing that.

Yeah, I know what I said. You've convinced me. If I can find a PCB, I may try to build one.

I did, and I have. I work on guitars. I have a soldering iron.

Attached: 20180910_132604.jpg (1512x2016, 1.6M)

I posted a link to a $10 Fuzz Factory PCB earlier in the thread.

I missed it, but I found this one.

taydaelectronics.com/fuzz-factory-diy-pcb-guitar-effect.html

Does anyone know what kind of amps screamo/emoviolence bands were using in the 90s? bands like Orchid, Saetia, PG99 etc etc

Ultra linear Twin Reverbs.

It's an AZ2204 Scarlet
You just don't get it user, it smells wonderful.

Hell yeah. I still really love the catalinbread model but the boonar just has more mojo.

My KaossPad has patches for echoplex and space echo. What does echorec have over me?

There's a reason I have a Strymon El Cap as well as a Boonar. The decay and modulation is completely different. with multiple heads active, there's almost a phase shifting type thing going on as well as a subtle vibrato modulation. The repeats are also a lot more crisp and hifi compared to a tape delay.

People like to say that the echorec sounds just like a tape delay but it's really completely different. Id recommend just listening to as many demos as you can or better yet, try one out.

Jcm900

You can also try reading the thread. Good luck.

I genuinely don't have floor real estate for another delay pedal I'm just intrigued to understand their differences.
Not understanding anything about the original units, an XY pad is the most unequivocally intuitive interface for a fake tape delay I can think of.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3NHLRGtDJQ

This showcases the modulation. It feels kind of spacy and metalic. What made me fall in love with the echorec. Dave Gilmour himself uses a Dawner prince boonar like in

Why you gotta be a dick?

Why do you gotta be a retard?

Your mom pays me. She's got a retard fetish.

I definitely hear it.
It's frustrating recording echoplex feedback slurs on DI lol it gets extremely noisy. Wondering if there's some kind of echorec patch I can load onto my KP.

Guess I don't know what to tell you for that kind of thing. Maybe just try a brighter delay or try less repeats than you think sound good?

That's a remarkably pathetic comeback, even for here.

It's a problem intrinsic of feedback echo, echorec is simply a more sophisticated effect.
Watch demos of the Maestro vs the Binson and compare. It's fine though, I still love it for what it is.

I don't care. It was a remarkably pathetic attempt for (you)s

Cared enough to respond :p

I don't care

Thanks my dude, this sounds tight

Yes, but you need a stage monitor (not the fucking foldback, Christ's sake), so a power amp and a cab are necessary.

Just run a monitor from the board. Trivium doesn't use amps/cabs anymore, just Kempers straight into the board.

See

That's probably why they sound like shit.

So having a cab on stage makes you sound better?

Not playing shitty music helps.

Miking a tube amp sounds better than a Kemper.

> Get flashy new Axe-Fx II
> Go to gig
> Two shitty 10' vocal monitors
> Stage mix is fucked

>Get HRT
>Buy Gibson
>Dilate
>Thank me later

>be me
>get tinder date
>agree to meet up at my garage for a smoke sesh
>get excited and prepare garage with multiple items including 2 lawn chairs, my les paul, a practice amp, and digitech death metal pedal
>she arrives late as hell
>we get to the garage and she says she forgot her pipe in her car
>we go to her car
>she asks if i just wanna chill in her car
>i reluctantly oblige
>get really high for an hour
>go home

damn

Attached: 20190620_232520.jpg (3264x1836, 1.68M)

Then run another goddamn monitor

>my les paul
>epiphone
Yeah, no wonder she didn't put out

Might as well bring a real amp

yeah, do you not?

Tabby there is the only kind of pussy you're getting son.

You don't have monitors?

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

might as well crack open a Monster tm

You can only trust that kind of setup when you're a big band bringing a whole crew with you to do your sound. Amateur dudes have to hope they have a halfway decent soundguy who's not gonna fuck their shit completely up. Which still happens every now and then when you're running through a cab, but worst comes to worst you still have cab sound pumping behind you instead of literally nothing

champ 100

are the new Classic Vibe Squiers any good?

Super Soda Meiser?

Your amp on stage is just for you though. The crowd gets the sound from the PA.

Big PAs at cafes and small bars, hey?

I thought we were talking gigs, not open mics

You've never been payed to play a small bar or cafe? Really?

Never played a small bar or cafe

Lol poor people.

It sounds amazing you wouldn’t know poor boi

who else enjoys twinkly riffs on single coil guitars

How about a jazz club, or a house party?

I played a few parties, but that's not a gig. Not to me anyway.

What type of gigs do you play?

Paying.

Where I grew up it was music venues. Little places had open mics, karaoke or DJs.

>that guy with a 4x12 stack in his bedroom

Attached: download.png (268x188, 7K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PILag2Oj3Ns

Attached: MESA Boogie Recto-Verb 25 Ch. 1 CLEAN telecaster.jpg (853x476, 58K)

be glad it isn't a uke

Based.

>rent free

Rhythm tops lead bottoms.

I use to have a 412/218 stack in my bedroom

Yeah I know, that's my point. If you have a soundguy who sucks ass and for some reason can't figure out a simple monitor mix or has trashed equipment he's trying to work with, you can at least stay in line of your cab and hear what you're doing. If that happens with a rig going straight to the board, you're fucked. Unless you're fancy enough to have in-ears you control yourself. Really that's the only time you should be doing that, when any of the stage-sound fuckups are all on you and you don't have to rely on an unknown other

>Get to show after lugging a 150 lbs tune amp. You’re too loud and everyone is annoyed they can’t talk to their friends and the bass and vocals can’t compete so you just sound bad

This is 90% of bands starting out until of course they play through a PA

Why are you playing with a shit soundguy? It means the audience hears shit.

None of that sounds fun or like something my wife would enjoy. Sans the Gibson though since one of her parents owns a gold top of some kind.

>having a dedicated soundguy
woah buddy cool it, we don't need to make this 5-way pay split 6-ways

A paying gig to me is a corporate gig.

>Not being able to set your own PA

Fuck dude, it's amateur hour in here.

Not every venue lets you bring your own sound guy.

No shit. There's nothing worse than a band that's so loud on stage that the vocals have to be turned up so loud that it's nothing but distortion and clipping.

>Les Paul
There's your problem

Then they better have a competent sound guy. Music is a business and sounding bad is bad business.

Well that's a different situation all together. You want us to bring our PA to a stage that has everything ready to go and be like "nah man don't worry we're good"
That would be wild, but I mean it would technically solve the shitty soundguy problem
Easy way to become hated around the venues though lol

>Music is a business and sounding bad is bad business.
That's true
And tons of venues run shitty ass business

Maybe, but you're not going to make me sound bad.

I just want to say how cute it is to see you bedroom warriors trying to one up eachother over your fanfiction for your fake bands that you play all these fake gigs with.

No, but you tell them that their shitty soundguy isn't running shit. They can't argue with you because its not like they can turn everyone away that came to see you, book another band and advertise them in a couple of hours. You might not get another gig there after that, but they have a shitty sound guy, why would you want to play there again?

I use to gig pretty big places. Those days may be behind me now, but I still know how to run the business.

bunch of cum guzzling emos and fart chasing soundguys in here

some of us actually play guitar, I know it's weird when we start talking about it here, my bad

>he doesn't shoot his toneload directly into his own mouth to conserve all of his tonecum for performances

This is pretty cool Strat and Tele sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=lVbyWunzpzU

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

@2:57

>playing in someone else's place of business means you run "the business"

Yeah, playing guitar in front of your computer while browsing 4channel isn't anything to be proud of.

>4channel
Stop reminding me about what that faggot gook did.

No, but taking care of my bands business means I run the business.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Do you always just jump in conversations without knowing what's being discussed?

Just following your lead. I mean, you know what you're trying to discuss even if you don't actually know anything about it. That much is obvious, we have enough people LARPing here without you adding to it.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself. I've been there and done it. If you don't want actual, real world advice just keep your mouth shut and let the adults talk.

>whatever you gotta tell youself
Now you're LARPing as me, holy shit. Real world advice? You're on an anonymous forum making shit up that never happened. It's obvious you have never been "here and there" if those places aren't shitposting on this website. Fucking retard. Just like you copied my post you're just rehashing shit that other people say and acting like you came up with it.

>Now you're LARPing as me, holy shit
It's called mocking your dumb ass.

Oh no, he's playing the "I never did anything with my playing so neither have any of you" game again

Imagine being the retard that spent $300+ on less than $5 worth of silicon for his gaming PC and then bitches about the cost of an effects pedal. Fucking imagine being this impossibly Dene.

Attached: 1478192236066.jpg (508x524, 39K)

If this is how you run a conversation I can see why your """"business"""" failed. You do realize I didn't jump into this converstation and that you replied to me? You can't even follow your own train of thought when it involves shit that happened 10 minutes ago. Who would be stupid enough to take "advice" fron you?

samefag

Stop fucking up the thread and go play your little guitar.

Sorry, no. Can't prove it to you though because your little mind would just scream photoshop.

>stop fucking up my LARP im about tp level up
+1 posterity in a place where everyone is named "Anonymous"

Thinking of buying an AC15? Any of you guys have any advice to give? This will be my first tube amp, I’ve owned a number of solid states before

Tele tone I want.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ujO7qpoK40

Attached: banana-creme-copy.jpg (640x898, 225K)

great clean tone but they're not too fond of natural overdrive
hard to think of much negative other than price

We can't offer advice here. We'd just get accused of LARPing by the live-in special-edster.

>tele
Vomit

It's fucked up that I have the best, most sophisticated taste in gear on this shitfest general and nothing I want is ever for sale.
Further testament to my taste, I suppose.

>they didn't believe my lies, they're so mean
Cry harder, bitch nerd

1: If you are an adult, you don't pick up hobbies you won't stick with. It's cheaper or just as expensive in the long run to buy one good $1000-2000 guitar rather than go through 2-4 "step ups". Same for the amp.

2: Any pedal that costs more than $100 is a waste of money.

Everything's for sale if you have enough money, poorfag.

Attached: young-man-empty-wallet-broke-holding-magnifying-glass-looking-banknotes-purse-lack-money-crisis-weak (957x1300, 95K)

It's because pedals are fucking dumb.

>Makes case for overspending for a guitar
>Makes case for not overspending on a pedal

Which is it, asshole?

Attached: 48427698-vertical-studio-shot-of-a-mature-man-holding-an-empty-wallet-and-pointing-towards-it-isolat (866x1300, 118K)

>he doesnt play the pedal board

>$1000-2000
>overspending on a guitar

Are you for real?

That's you after spending all your money on pedals and still not getting any gigs because they haven't made an actual "talent booster" yet.

Both of these are wrong

Why are you intentionally posting wrong things here?

yes

Attached: 500_F_36691989_7KtleyBRweEAZe0BjQphqNO5htrWEWNC.jpg (500x334, 72K)

ALWAYS do the opposite of what /gg/ says.

Enjoy playing a $600 hardtail gorean guitar for the rest of your life then lmao

Are you a woman now? Poverty really drove you to extremes.

Shouldn't have tried to revive shoegaze.

But but my squire classic vibe is a really good guitar, it's better than the one my mom and dad got me from rondo music

youtube.com/watch?v=zYlj4ELNBl0

PRS makes the best guitars at every price point

you know they're good when cute japanese girls play them

He's just LARPing. That's what we all do here.

>Enjoy playing a $600 hardtail gorean guitar for the rest of your life then lmao
I play a Rickenbacker, and yes I will enjoy it

Onlu people that don't know this are board tourists, but going on vacation here is arguably as bad as visiting the favela of Spamuel Compost.

shit

brb building a pedalboard from earthquaker devices so i have something to go with my squier and boss katana

Thats dumb. Just be real. Try to help people.

When you say natural overdrive you mean pushing the amp by itself with the master volume and normal volume (which is kind of acts like gain on that model?) as opposed to using a boost pedal? Also that is something else I’ve heard, vox amps don’t pair well with pedals. Which seems like quite an absurd statement

>mfw some of my favorite guitars were made in china

Attached: 1302846247575.jpg (400x400, 19K)

It's sarcasm. Apparently some guy thinks everyone here is LARPing and accuses everyone of it.

how much soi do you consume on an average day?

rbt.asia/mu/search/image/J3mknu221z3t9f1F4VJM8A/
Congrats, you're almost as notoriously bitter as you are broke. Get a job, you fucking nigger.

Yeah man it’s quite unfortunate the bizarre elitism that gets thrown around here. I know tons of young guys that play tube amps or katanas or whatever the fuck and no one cares. I played at a darty last spring. The bass drum had a hole, one kid played a katana, another guy had a blues junior III, the mic was through a junky ass PA. And everyone loved it

what I meant is that even overdriven they've always seemed too clean to me
but yes, I meant through natural means
For what its worth I felt like I had good tones from my pedals when I still had it (mostly electro-harmonix)
I sorta regret selling it

>rent free

That is help

>The "normal" way
>eeeeeh what if i quit? i don't want to invest too much into it
>$200 squier
>$500 korean/mexican guitar
>finally, you've earned your GOOD guitar
>$1000 american strat
>$50 practice amp
>man, time to take my tone to the next level
>$250 valvestate amp
>okay now that i'm good i am finally worthy
>$1000 tube amp
>total spent: $3000

>The smart way
>I'm not a teenager, I know I'm going to stick with this
>Buy a $1000 american strat
>Buy $1000 tube amp
>damn this shit is nice
>Total spent: $2000

And that is how poor people stay poor

Because MAYBE 5 % of people here are actual musicians, and the rest are worthless trolls.

Attached: financial-situation-of-a-sad-man-showing-his-empty-wallet-EA4J9P.jpg (866x1390, 106K)

What the fuck does that even mean?

On the other hand musicians are notorious assholes

>And everyone loved it
when you guys stopped playing

Average earthquaker devices customer after buying another pedal and still not getting any gigs

Virgin guitar player:

>Can't make a plywood guitar sound good

Chad guitarist:

>Can make any guitar sound good regardless of wood type

i don't get faggots who do the middle step and overspend on the first step

a beginners setup should cost less than $100 total

Is this jcum speaking? You suck at guitar, nigger. It's very ironic to hear you shitting on knob twiddlers when you yourself don't even play guitar.

To each other in person, not on the net. Trolls don't have the stones to be assholes in real life.

That I thought your were LARPing as a retard. Now I realize it's not a LARP.

>he thinks he's gonna "make it" playing guitar

Attached: 1557581909895.jpg (683x817, 57K)

None.

>I know I'm going to stick with this
Not how adulthood works though. People's tastes and interests charge over time. This is why people get divorced, had mid life crisis, etc.

I appreciate the help man. If you’re really missing the sound I’m sure you’ll find your way back to it someday one way or the other.

No, I just don't pay attention to your ass most of the time.

>This is why people get divorced, had mid life crisis, etc.
Speaking from experience? I would assume a girl would actually want to touch you to marry you but I'm not from the 3rd world.

No worries, friendo. I'm pretty happy with what I get out of what I replaced it with.

Attached: AP1540-1_1024x1024.jpg (732x1024, 176K)

This is the funniest post in the thread. Yiu have no idea how to seperate me from tge rest of the fuck nuggets here.

>And that is how poor people stay poor
Except in the "normal" way, he sold his old gear. So the reality is he spent the same, but appreciates his gear more that he worked for it.

>Speaking from experience?
Yep. I'm probably twice as old as you
>I would assume a girl would actually want to touch you to marry you but I'm not from the 3rd world.
Woah, why so hostile? Being less than honest?

>selling used gear
>squier worth $50
>practice amp worth $25
>mexi/gookshit worth $250
>valvestate amp worth $150

no not really

I rarely pay attention to any fuck nugget on here, whether it's you or them.

And yes Jcum, I know it's you. You try too hard.

>no not really
Do the math. 50% of what you paid, adds up to $2500 spent. But the reality is you wouldn't need to go that low if selling top people you know, so you could make that $500 back.

Why are you larping?

new thread, bois

go vote for trump again

THE STONEs *sips* now THATs a band.

jk I mean balls BROTHER