Does this shit make y'all's PCs blue screen? Or is it just me?

Does this shit make y'all's PCs blue screen? Or is it just me?

Attached: 1561342428311.png (281x281, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicotine-plus.org/
daelstorm.byethost13.com/soulseekvs.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>someone downloads from you
>doesn't talk to you

Attached: 1551489708628.png (338x237, 90K)

bet its filtering you because you have shit taste.
have sex.

>have sex

Attached: 1524538749696.png (467x276, 143K)

Been using slsk since 2005 and I've never had a problem with any of the computers on which I've used it.

It does not. But there is an option you can try if you are having too much trouble. Check this out, it's an unofficial open source soulseek client:

nicotine-plus.org/

nope

Attached: 9085AB35-39AE-4F89-8930-EDC0052AA1B5.png (500x522, 153K)

Every once in a while, yeah. Usually when I'm playing music while running slsk.

Attached: trolled.png (600x689, 388K)

back when i was using a wifi adapter and i searched for something that would bring up a lot of results it would overload it or something and i'd have to restart my pc to reconnect to the internet

I had those issues when I had less ram.

install gentoo

No I have a pc that was built this decade

>queue up 10 FLAC albums
>50 kb/s
>"...??? are you serious dude"
>am i serious about what?
>"are you fucking kidding me right now?"
>excuse me? i'm trying to download songs
>"i'm going to report you"
>for what?
>downloading songs?
every conversation i've ever had

I love tails gets trolled

>messages from strangers asking you to dl their deep house mix they made in FL Studio

i wish people would talk to me when they download from me...

>download that album Yea Forums loves that is free on bandcamp anyway
>user kindly asks me to share my colection which i forgot to because i had just reinstalled slsk
>still no one ever downloads from me

I have my FLAC files shared as private, but visible to the public.
>hey, can I download this album in FLAC from you?
>why do you need it in FLAC?
>because it sounds better
>you can tell the difference?
>sure, I have spent hundreds of dollars on my audio setup
>that's cool, if you can prove you can tell the difference, then I will share any albums in FLAC you want
>okay, how do I prove it?
>just take an ABX test with Foobar, and get an 18/20 score
>alright, should be easy
Then, the following can happen
>1) they never report back
>2) they cheat in the most obvious and stupid ways
I have had literally dozens of those conversations, and yet not a single person has been able to tell the difference between FLAC and 192 kbps with the latest LAME encoder.
Hilarious tbqh.

Does using Nictone provide any advantages over Soulseek?

Nobody cares about your entry-level Yea Forumscore collection, dude.

cringe and blue pilled. Many people download FLAC for archival reasons.

I know, that's why I have them on the first place. I'm denying the downloads to the people who claim they can tell the difference when in reality are just victims of placebo. Learn to read.

There are some features not in the official soulseek client. This might not be up to date: daelstorm.byethost13.com/soulseekvs.php

I would tell you because I like keeping them around to encode my own mp3s from. Also when I'm at my computer I just listen to the flacs anyway because I archive them.

Test me, kid. FLAC vs 320, or even sometimes 256, I can't tell. But 192 is pretty unmistakable. I don't want your FLAC btw, I still mostly d/l 320.

>192 is pretty unmistakable
Prove it. I'm telling you, dozens of users have tried before, and NONE of them has succeeded. Note: I specified you must use the latest LAME encoder. Using decade old versions is indeed easier.

That's fine.

Yeah I exclusively download flac for every release I can now. Not because I think it sounds better. I just learned from my pitiful mistake when what.cd went down. Nobody cares about the v0 versions and they were worthless to reseed in most cases once I got onto redacted. I want to keep the "best" copy in my collection but when it comes to what I play on my devices it's not nearly as important.

OK, maybe you're right, it's usually when pretty old rips come on shuffle that I notice. But let's put it to the test. What's your username?

Attached: 1558294413158.jpg (750x1107, 404K)

I would rather not say. But if you are yo for the challenge feel free to give me your Soulseek username, or discord, or whatever.

Some of those old scene rips used horrible encoders. But I'm not going to lie I couldn't tell the difference between 192k done with any version of Lame from 3.87 or so on and a wav.

I don't disbelieve you; could well be true. I'm TonyHW, let's do this.
Inb4: nothing shared - literally just changed laptop and am struggling with port forwarding (for the first time in 14 years' usage).

ogg vorbis on mobile, flac on pc

Opus is better.

I think I had that problem with torrents some years ago. Particularly when I was downloading huge files. No idea how I fixed it though.

I'd use opus instead if I wasn't too lazy to learn the right switches to encode with. v0 is fine given the space constraints I have to work with and the quality is fine to me too.

yeah it makes my pc kernel panic and systemd shits itself.

I use Nicotine plus and it works great, but man that code is ancient. Basically python code from 2002

At least they keep it working. I first used soulseek back in 2002 actually. Try getting online with a client they released from back then.

I want to make some pull requests and basically refactor the code. But it's really hard to get through