Post your last five ratings

Attached: IMG_20190621_192736.jpg (480x323, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QslJYDX3o8s
youtube.com/watch?v=2QbenuWsG8o
youtube.com/watch?v=qzo2vvUWLoo
youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA
youtube.com/watch?v=FaT7ZCxI71k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rubber Soul is a personal 5 but that’s at least fair

Help! isn’t that bad desu, personal 4.

Attached: 00C5FA91-A0DE-4056-859E-2E6C4E983101.png (1792x828, 471K)

i dont rate very often

Attached: rym.png (662x306, 53K)

heyy

Attached: Capturar.png (608x310, 54K)

Attached: D680ACE5-6AF2-4F0A-86DA-24ABFD76CA82.jpg (1242x644, 124K)

i dont use rym

Attached: mhm.jpg (667x670, 30K)

who gives le fuck

Attached: le marshmallow.jpg (372x405, 12K)

based stabscotch

here were my recents btw

Attached: list.png (1404x367, 78K)

I only update my RYM less than once a year, so I'm putting a bit more, AND I'm only including albums that I've listened for the first time in the last year. I often hear shit and leave it without a rating because I only rate it once I've heard it more than 6 or 7 times.

Attached: cap.png (682x1264, 443K)

>Nasir higher than ye & flowerboy

Yeah, totally. Nas' raps were pretty sub-par by his standards, but at least the album has cohesion and good beats all around. Ye is a clusterfuck with literally ZERO substance (besides the last two tracks) , and I'm just not interested in the direction that Tyler is going in. I expected the rest of the album to be like Who Dat Boy and Ain't Got Time, but I got some sleepy indie-rock-sounding tracks instead.

The only good song on that album is Cop Shot the Kid.
And that was for the beat alone.

Sorry for the weirdly cropped screencap

Attached: SmartSelect_20190621-203219_Chrome.jpg (956x587, 180K)

The White Label and Adam and Eve beats were pretty legit as well. But now that I'm looking over the tracklisting again, I'm remembering that Nasir had a LOT LESS substance than I probably gave it credit for. I might adjust the rating down a bit when I update shit.
But it's not gonna be for the sake of Ye or Flowerboy. I still think those albums are pretty trash.

What’s good boys

Got wishlist shit in my 5 so fuck it
Hard Days Night is in all ways inferior to Help! AKA the greatest early Beatles album
Hospice a 3? Way too low. What didn’t you like?
Vacation is great
That Stabscotch record is quite the journey. A little inconsistent but definitely strong. Dogrel disappointed me

Attached: AEEE8C2A-73B8-428B-98C6-92272BE86D45.png (640x1136, 266K)

I just started rym account. nothing special

Attached: fwqeg.jpg (795x389, 75K)

The fuck is your problem with Demon Days? I looked over the album real quick, and I can't pick out a SINGLE bad track, and only 2 of them I could even label as "mediocre" on a bad day.
Can you point out ONE problem you had with the album in general?

Attached: ScreenHunter 159.jpg (687x363, 31K)

all rates are special

Attached: understand this.gif (480x360, 681K)

red velvet on suicide watch

Peter Gabriel is pretty based

Invocation of Almost is an interesting companion piece to The Light is Leaving... yeah

new DSO was cool

Attached: ss+(2019-06-22+at+05.42.56).jpg (1056x401, 84K)

been busy at work most of today so haven't listened to and rated as much as i usually would have today

Attached: last5ratings6.21.19.png (619x316, 49K)

>lulu

hell yeah

jeff rosenstock is a legend

I wonder how Artanis is doing these days...

farrah should be higher

Attached: IMG_5221.jpg (535x295, 44K)

I've been at a Beatles kick for the start of summer.

Nice, I really want to get into Red Velvet.

Pretty good, I loved Syd on Pipers and interested in getting into his solo work.

I respect your opinion, but I felt you did ye a birt dirty.

It's not perfect, especially after Kanye removed that Fr3sh sample, but No Mistakes, Ghost Town, and Violent Crimes are amazing to me.

Nah, this is a good screencap crop.

This is a goid start, I'm reletively new to RYM as well.

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-224339_Chrome.jpg (1036x1278, 334K)

I told someone else that Ghost Town and Violent crimes are pretty fuckin' legit. But I mean, come on. Even if your last two tracks are a masterpiece, you can't make the FIRST two tracks on your album straight filler. Just random knock-off nonsense.
He can do better. I know, because MBDTF is in my top 5 albums of all time. And I'm generally a fan of all of his early discography as well. The dude is capable of WAY better.

6 because I just want to show people I love Patti Smith

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-22 05-01-08.png (686x369, 90K)

Have 10 instead

Attached: IMG_20190622_160127.jpg (1079x1156, 363K)

Just found it very inconcsistent and kind of meandering.
Wake was fantastic.

Def gonna need to revisit hopsice at some point

> I really want to get into Red Velvet.
this is their best song if you haven't heard it already
youtube.com/watch?v=QslJYDX3o8s

lil nas x and gaga are embarrassing but im keeping it honest for yall

Attached: nasx.png (1197x609, 207K)

Jesus, I don't get the people who are into this shit.
It legit sounds like a Madonna track from the 2000's, or a Lady Gaga track today. Do you people just like looking at Asian women?

Attached: pro.png (674x672, 642K)

shut up
>Nice, I really want to get into Red Velvet.
they're nice, I can't stop listening to this one
youtube.com/watch?v=2QbenuWsG8o

Nigga, you already replied to that guy. I have a legit question here, "shut up" is uncalled for.
Have you heard Madonna albums from the 2000's, or Lady Gaga albums today? What did you rate them?

man i dont even like red velvet but shut the fuck up prick

some same person, assface
and yeah, I do like some western pop, so much that I can hear the difference
you, who is unfamiliar with kpop, can't
see how things are: I know more about a style of music than you, so I get to have the opinion on the music, while you don'tt so you have to go and say shit like 'hurr you like it because they are pretty'
next time don't say stupid shit about things you are clueless about

never used this gay website and never will

Attached: file.png (951x386, 80K)

is your life going to end because someone wrote about how they enjoyed an album. shut the fuck up boomer

good 4 u nigga
i dont giva fuck

First of all, "both" of you type the exact same.
Second of all, I'm very much interested in pop music, but I had to leave the mainstream artists behind because they all sound the fucking same.
The Kpop industry is STRUCTURED differently than the American one, but the result is very similar, since one is a DIRECT imitation of the other. I can show you fucking documents to prove it: the South Korean government was tired of not competing on the global stage in the 90's, so they started subsidizing producers and artists to make more "American sounding" music to appeal to a wider audience than the native Korean stars of old. These are indisputable facts.

Attached: 74D40A24-AC94-4756-868D-7375666282C4.jpg (572x400, 91K)

oh boy, the schizo is so triggered with the sight of kpop he starts imagining things
I'm not derailing this thread just because your autistic ass can't understand that people like different things
I'm not replying anymore

i'm the person above who doesn't listen to red velvet and yeah everyone who types in lowercase on fucking Yea Forums of all boards is the same person. no two people would ever have the same idea to type in lowercase, boomer

>boomer
>schizo
Capitalization isn't the only defining characteristic of your posts. You "both" are extremely and needlessly antagonistic and aggressive.
You'll notice that nobody else in the thread is like that. You'll also notice that nobody in this thread is using buzzwords to describe each other.

Attached: hach.jpg (568x548, 70K)

Guy who posted Russian Roulette here. I've only listened to Madonnas singles but it seems to me like the gimmick is actually that it's really simple, uncluttered music and that specifically with her early music it's meant to sound like a spicier version of elevator music. K-pop doesn't sound like that at all, the writing is way more complex and detailed. A better comparison would be Gwen Stefani if you wanted to compare a specific artist to k-pop but even then her music is a little bit more simple than this. There's just straight up less happening

I really like the Fame Monster

like i said, im the first non red velvet person. i actually would not have any idea how to not make it show up without the (You) even if i had pretended to be someone else

i cant believe im actually trying to prove myself to someone with a folder of anime reaction images. i'm going to go outside and climb a tree or do anything else even marginally more productive

Attached: asasaswww.png (168x53, 1K)

>the writing is way more complex and detailed
When we're talking about categorizing music, the production is WAY more influential to the tone of the music than the lyrics are.
I'll concede your general point though, but I reckon that it bears no correlation to talent. Languages like Korean and Japanese are naturally more nuanced and granular about emotional and inter-personal concepts than English is, so music from those countries SOUNDS smarter when it's translated to English. In reality, what these artists are saying (to the average Korean) is very similar in subject matter to what American artists are saying (to the average American).
>Gwen Stefani
I can't use that as a comparison, because I don't listen to straight-up trash if I can avoid it.
>There's just straight up less happening
Again, in what sense? Because of what I've outlined above, the lyrics hit you as more intelligent, but the SONG, the GROVE of something like Russian Roulette hits you the EXACT same way as some random thot on American radio.
Here's a cool comparison to outline my point: there's this Chinese rap group called "Higher Brothers". They've OPENLY said that they're "trying to be the Chinese Migos", but do they sound like that? Maybe in verbal cadence and song structure, but the BEATS on their albums routinely sample traditional Chinese music and instruments. They're not trying to hide how Chinese they are. Again: Kpop sounds like Apop with a bit of pitch-shifting on the vocalists.
>with a folder of anime reaction images
Are you for real? You fucking drool over Korean teenagers all day, and you're telling me that WATCHING ANIME is a waste of time? How daft can you be?

what i mean by the writing is more complex is that there are more hooks and the hooks are more varied and surprising. I don't know much about music lingo. The tempo seems faster (even if it's not actually faster) because of the wall of sound created by the synths having more of a jittery quality like hip-hop instrumentals, glitch music, chopped and screwed, etc. and there also tend to be way, way more drum fills in k-pop in seemingly random places like drum 'n bass

....all of these comparisons you're making are to American pop songs made before, like, 2010.
Everything you hear on the radio these days is trap-influenced, drum-&-bass influenced, etc. They're ALL trying to sound faster, louder, glitchier, etc. I'll concede that Kpop artists seemed to catch onto this trend SOONER than American artists did, but the music these days is pretty indistinguishable.
Tell me what you think about people like Janelle Monae and Poppy. They seem to be giving you everything you're asking for, AND more. Whereas (judging by the example you posted) Kpop gives you JUST the speedy up-beat electronic-inspired song, and little else. Except for the lyrics; if you care about that kind of shit, then whatever. Keep doing you. I feel that if I felt like reading, I'd pick up a book.

i like Janelle Monae except for her most recent album, the ones before that were fine. Poppy is a little too annoying, I prefer PC Music.

>except for her most recent album, the ones before that were fine
I agree, her last album was BETTER, but I still liked the latest one.
>Poppy is a little too annoying
Her voice is still probably deeper than most Kpop stars. How annoying can she possibly be?
>PC Music
You mean the label, or the political orientation?

GFOTY and stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=qzo2vvUWLoo

...THIS is the kind of shit you're into? And you called Poppy "annoying"? What the fuck is this, then? A lullaby?

Attached: xxxiihgh.png (316x382, 173K)

there's a lot of pop music that's trying to be punk by being rough around the edges but it doesn't go far enough, it's just middling. GFOTY goes all the way, the rest of PC Music too. Sophies album from last year featured ambient/noise music for example. But then the pop songs really pop like they could literally be in a commercial for bubblegum. when they decide to do something, they take it all the way

I know exactly what you're expressing, which is why I'm pushing Poppy. She sounds EXACTLY like that. This is another track I've been bumping lately, even though I'm not really a fan of Grimes:
youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA

the grimes posters seem to have disappeared since she dated elon

I dunno, I always mentally disregard spam.
I listened to her back when she was FIRST blowing up, and I didn't see anything special. At around the same time, I had WAY better pop acts to be digging through. The Knife and Susanne Sundfor come to mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=FaT7ZCxI71k

Tortoise!
What did you dislike so much about Jai Paul?

Attached: this side that side.jpg (1070x1147, 229K)

I forgot that project even existed. Sounds pretty legit, but their main albums are SIMULTANEOUSLY punchier and more subtle.

Attached: 1346128982628.png (227x251, 103K)

Not him but gorillaz is mostly boring. Sure it sounds nice but it doesn't stick in my head like Blur

First of all, fuck Blur. Digits related.
Second of all, Gorillaz HAS BECOME generally boring. And their debut album was pretty sleepy as well. Demon Days fuckin' BANGS, bro. Singles like Feel Good Inc and Dirty Harry are enough to sell an album on its own, but you ALSO have shit like Dare and Fire Coming out of the Monkey's Head on that SAME album.

Sorry for phone posting boys

Attached: 20190622_081809.jpg (898x1758, 292K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-103643_IceCatMobile.jpg (728x351, 100K)

Bump

Gorillaz and Big Black should be higher

Attached: Capture.png (1136x311, 65K)

Idm recs?

Attached: unknown.png (609x320, 56K)

Either newfag or doesn't care about the stuff he listened to.

I'm back, went to bed after posting, it is this. I unironically enjoy a lot of britpop too and Demon Days just didn't cut it. Didn't age that well

Attached: scrnshot-rym.png (1282x561, 144K)

Attached: Screenshot_9.jpg (1229x401, 63K)

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (998x437, 69K)