That period in jazz where fusion and 'spiritual' shit takes over for the better part of 2 decades

>that period in jazz where fusion and 'spiritual' shit takes over for the better part of 2 decades

Why is this allowed.

Attached: 8e3.jpg (600x325, 24K)

Blame Coltrane

Cope

>takes over

Let me guess. You think grunge killed metal too right?

Who is the Miyazaki of music?

billie eillish

bjork
maybe eno

Today OP was a pleb

Yeah as if Miles was doing anything better at the time

It's either Queen or David Bowels

Wouldn't say which is better or worse but Coltrane was certainly going deep in the spiritual side of music and trying to capture the violence of rebirth with his sound while Miles was more grounded and gritty

reminder that all the jazz tourist albums are literally the highlights of the genre

pleb filtered

Yeah but Coltrane died. Miles continued to shit on the genere for another good 20 years. If it wasn't for the Boston and LA cats nothing good would've happened

cope

Grunge killed rock.

Imagine being the kind of person who says "jazz influenced", doesn't know one early popular song, so just plays Song For My Father and Blue in Green and calls it a day.

pleb indeed

and Chicago

grunge has absolutely no connection to metal you idiot. At least make an analogy that makes sense.

what music isn't jazz-influenced? The only thing that isn't jazz influenced are things that influenced jazz pretty much.

I'm curious. Could you please give me some names?

The Art Ensemble and related projects.

Irish folk isn't jazz influenced. A lot of music isn't jazz influenced. Jazz is not a root, it's a branch. Blues, Gospel and Folk are roots.

i live in boston and work in a cafe that used to be a jazz club. i hear people talk about the jazz scene and im familiar with that record/ book "The Boston Creative Jazz Scene" (that literally only includes four groups that have little other recordings). but as far as i can tell theres not a huge scene and none of the jazz musicians i know about (which is pretty surface level) are not from here. Ra-Kalam Bob Moses, Anthony Coleman, Arthur Brooks, is about all i know from these parts-- mostly cause they are all still active

meant to pose this as a question. who and what was this scene ive heard about?

They're called like that because they coincided, by teaching or attending the Boston area schools (The NE Conservatory, Berklee, Boston Conservatory and Longy) at some point many of them were supposedly reluctant to play outside of Boston:
George Garzone
Jerry Bergonzi
John Abercrombie
Jack deJeonette
The Brecker bros.
Ran Blakr
and other related artists and teachers

It was a time when jazz fusion was rampant and club owners didn't want to know about anything else. The old jazz clubs gigs were for playing old tunes old fashioned style, so Boston became a kind of haven for innovators that wanted to make jazz swing again without necessarily fusing foreign rhythms to it, instead by using their musical knowledge to create new melodic and harmonic approaches that kept looking into the tradition.

>he doesn't like fire music
racist