This is one of the very first drone metal albums right? why is it better than most drone metal?

this is one of the very first drone metal albums right? why is it better than most drone metal?

Attached: IMG_5213.jpg (506x508, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erTqT1K418A
youtu.be/4iBi4UbWpR0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Earth is way better.

Only the first track is drone. It sounds cool (the drone track) and the rest of the album is the best Melvins album so that's why it's better than most others.

I should like Melvins based on a lot of the music I listen to but I can't fucking stand Buzzo's tryhard goofy voice or the dumb shenanigans they put in a lot of their albums.
I want to like it but I just can't, and it hurts because they've influenced a lot of artists I like.
I wanna dig it so bad but they make me dislike them with their horseshit.

Attached: Shinkai.png (720x400, 334K)

filtered

I guess so. I likw some weird vocal styles like Kyuss, Mcklusky, Pixies, Sun Araw ect but I just can't stand it. It's like constantly listening to someone who thinks they're hilarious but they're unfunny as fuck, you know?
Drives me up a wall.

Give this album a listen. It's probably their most serious one and it's the only one they put out while Joe Preston was in the band, who is an awesome musician in his own right.

No I don't sorry

Oh shit, Joe Preston was in Earth too. Cool shit.

Ohhh, you must be "that guy", my bad.

you have the taste and typing style of a ninth grade girl

Oh fuck.

Attached: 1542599884805.jpg (480x461, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=erTqT1K418A
this filters "the feminine male"

Where can I stream this album? I can't find it anywhere.

Attached: 1560224069404.jpg (500x385, 61K)

Melvins is awful. the Ween of metal

And Boris is better than earth

apple music

Nah, Earth has a way better selection of great albums than Boris. Boris is pretty good though, I'll adnit.

Of just talk about the drone metal stuff o find that boris have more varied textures to their sound.
Earth 2 is the only great drone metal album that dylan ever did

I disagree, I think Phase 3 and Pentastar are solid gold too. Coda Maestoso and Harvey are incredible.

Absolutely. Pentastar is one of my favorite albums. That guitar solo at the end of Coda Maestoso is one of the most majestic things I've ever heard.

Hell yeah, excellent taste.

Attached: fimally!.jpg (697x804, 76K)

wtf, fuck spotify

Joe Preston has been in Earth, Melvins, and Sunn O)) in that order, I wouldn't be surprised if he's some kind of big contributor to the genre. Not really sure what he does creatively but I know that he plays bass on that Melvins record.

He's understandably bitter about being in the Melvins. They hardly worked on any new material with Joe, evidently much of what he performed on was already written by the time he joined the band. And then like many members he was unceremoniously kicked out after a year or two if that.

His bass playing on the 7" version of Night Goat is crushing.

This live concert shows how perfect he was for that band. Not saying I don't like Mark D as a bassist (Houdini and Stoner Witch) but come on Joe should have been on those records.

Melvins take on drone isn’t as droney as what came afterwards. It’s infinitely easier to digest as Boris feels a lot more like a typical song than most drone metal works do. But as a result I think it lacks the same feel and atmosphere of drone metal that came afterwards.

Boris isn't drone

Droris isn't bone

gtfo out of here you reddit faggot

Droro isn't benis

>get the fuck out out
You can hardly type a proper sentence because you're shaking with fury over a joke, oh my goodness.
Sweet baby jesus, Boris fans CONFIRMED for skin like rice paper and erectile dysfunction.

Attached: 1503955242046.png (487x481, 223K)

>redditfag grammar policing
like pottery

>Boris fan having epididymitis
...Like Clockwork

youtu.be/4iBi4UbWpR0 amazing song

At least this Borisbabby is ESL and not another weeaboo liking Boris just because they're from Japan. They deserve better than that.

we're talking about the album not the band you illiterate retard

The album is called Bullhead, you absolute cumsock.
Holy shit, why even try talking when you don't even know what you're discussing?
Fucking third-worlders, I swear...

Probably, the music definitely drones, but the music is ultimately closer to sludge.

this dude can't even read an album title and he's calling others illiterate

have sex

>come to brazil
Sorry bud, I can't.