He still listens to the same kind of music as his dad

>he still listens to the same kind of music as his dad

Millennials are just as retarded as boomers. Thank god now we have zoomers that don't give a shit about rock and are doing their own thing

Attached: 32423.jpg (640x335, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bV7_lOPvkac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Babby's first /r/music copypaste?

/r/music is essentially boomer core
you are right

Where does Gen X fit into your blinkered worldview?

>doing their own thing
but it's just rehashed 90s nu-metal fashion with its festival culture mixed and 00s-tier rapping

Yeah I did notice this too shift. Back in like 2010, when the youngest millennials were in high school, there were endless "le wrong generation" Youtube comments from them venerating boomer dadrock, like "I only listen to REAL MUSIC like Led zeppelin and Queen, not bullshit like Justine gayber and lil gayne."

But then in recent years, boomer rock fell out of favor with zoomers. A backlash against the "le wrong generation" mentality happened, poptimism became popular in response and social media zoomers started popularizing opinions like "Hot take: Justin bieber and Lil wayne are actually goat, and better than shit like Boston".

Now boomer rock is considered mostly cheesy bullshit, when it used to be much more respected 9 years ago.

That's surely why on Spotify, every old group is literally going to enter the top 100 of monthly listeners despite not releasing anything for years

I'm guessing a lot of that popularity on spotify is from millennials who still venerate dadrock, as well as gen x and boomers, rather than zoomers who are listening to indie pop and mumble rap.

Yeah but new pop is so fucking bad where as the pop of the boomer era (ac/dc, zeppelin) is filtered out and the best has survived.

>he's so desperate to be a special snowflake that he willingly pretends to enjoy complete garbage disposable trendy music instead of enjoying timeless great music
>claims to love music
>can't play music
>can't write music
>all because he listens to bad music on purpose

Nah, I'm not going to eat a Lunchable instead of a steak just because my dad likes steak as an act of pointless rebellion, you're a tool and anyone who thinks like you is a tool.

Secondly, you're extremely insecure and it shows in your projections, my dad hates AC/DC and all hard rock/metal, he only likes shit like The Beatles. He says heavy metal is "asshole music". I discovered it one hundred percent on my own, how? Because I used to hang out at record stores because I had a real youth and a genuine interest in music, not trends, and I discovered the music I liked ALL on my own and only because I genuinely found out how great it was, regardless of trendyness, fashion, or any other external factor.

Thirdly, nothing in the "ZOOMER" spectrum is original at all, as someone else ITT hinted at. All zoomer rappers are doing is ripping off the Juggalo/horrorcore scene of the 90s and the fashion of the nu-metal/mallgoth scene. None of it is original, not the fashion or the music, I should know, I was there in those days, that's my era. Everytime someone shows me this gay zoomer music I just hear Three 6 Mafia only with absolutely zero talent or skill, made by kids who are dressed like they're about to go spray Faygo on each other at the park while they blast Tech N9ne.

You're retarded, period.

Attached: RiotNarita1.jpg (529x542, 49K)

Listening to literal shit to own the boomers.

holy fuck triggered, have sex lol

dilate

Boomer just means "Anyone older than me", not literal baby boomers.

Millenials hated dad rock too. Look at early 10s Yea Forums and tell me any different. If anything there are more "boomer" threads now. Also I'm almost 30 and the first time I remember hearing the term dad rock was in a David Thorpe column on Somethingawful and yet zoomers still think they're cutting edge for ragging on classic rock

My dad listens to classical music, and I'm glad I do too.

I dare you to make zoomers listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=bV7_lOPvkac

TNT is still a banger, OP.

Actually I even remember how deeply uncool dad rock was back in 2004 on GameFAQs music forums or sputnikmusic. You had to be into the latest pitchfork bummings like GYBE or Mogwai or Luomo because "rock isn't dead it's just gone underground" and all the other shit. They never used to shut up about NMH or Olivia Tremor Control or virtually anything younger people think Yea Forums popularized (although I'll grant there were no signs of the baffling resurgence in shoegaze interest, that was total forgotten uncool boomer shit on the level of grebo or something). Zoomers have invented fuck all because they just parrot millenials and we didn't do shit. Also RYM is exactly the same as it was in the mid 00s except for the cringy anime crap, FartingPixie even had better lists of Japanese stuff

>new pop
Which is just a rehash of early 80s bong critical trends

Attached: scritti_politti_1984.jpg (353x425, 49K)

>although I'll grant there were no signs of the baffling resurgence in shoegaze interest, that was total forgotten uncool boomer shit on the level of grebo or something
I mean, fuck. Did you ever imagine it would lead to MBV reuniting and putting out a new album?

I obviously don't mean MBV, I mean people going back and reevaluating Chapterhouse or even Slowdive

...which incidentally I was listening to the latter but only insofar as I was also listening to Flowered Up and Carter USM and other things that only British people (or anglophiles) of a certain age cared about or remembered, since I was something of a britpop autist at the time and would hear about groups like that in passing while reading about Suede or Manic Street Preachers or whatever. But I don't recall any online song and dance about Souvlaki

Oh wait it was Ride I was listening to lol

>tfw your dad gives you after the gold rush as a birthday present

Attached: 4362463246.jpg (651x641, 66K)

Based and redpilled.

Attached: Three-6-Mafia-1506450853-640x318.jpg (640x318, 72K)

>this mental gymnastic to prove your point

LMAO

>all rock is dadrock and buttrock
lol

This is copypaste shitpost tier but Riot is based

im not a tranny fuck off

Extremely based.