Boringcore

Boringcore

Attached: topsters2 (17).png (644x644, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtube.com/watch?v=3CyA4FW_AZI
youtube.com/watch?v=mhI7Q1eqcvc
mega.nz/#F!USIDDILK!-fg_KewGxeyFVWEx8tJeqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

based cringe
cringe based

Don’t lump Kind of Blue with these white people jazz.

all rap

all jazz

*blocks your path*

Attached: 81hhw07NBDL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 21K)

jazz for zoomers

MPP

Are the albums based or are OP's judgements based?

Most jazz, all indie, all hip hop, all classical

if he has taste he’s talking about the albums

clockwise starting at Kind of Blue
>no
>ye
>ye
>no

this, all of its the fucking same

What's the worst criticism you can make about an album (or book or movie really) -- boring or pretentious? Am I missing any others on par with those two?
I guess I'll throw "for drones/tourists/zoomers" in there, it's worked its way up there too.

But KoB is the only jazz on there, and I'm not one to use retarded terms like this, but if anything were to be "white people jazz" it'd be Miles, and especially KoB (and Kenny G).

All of the albums in the OP meet all those criteria. They usually go hand in hand.

Laughing Stock > Kind of Blue >>>>> Agaetis Byrjun > LYSF

Not legitimate criticisms though, that's the problem. Doesn't matter if they meet those criteria for you personally, it doesn't say anything about the actual album(s) -- it's about as good a reason to take the opinions of people who use those kinds of criticisms seriously as if they were just saying "lul there stoopid" or "i dun liek it."

An album being boring isn't a legitimate criticism?

i am indeed talking about the albums

Are you another “Talk Talk isn’t Jazz” retard?

incelcore*

how different is laughing stock from spirit of eden? been here too many years so it's not like i only just heard of talk talk, but I only bothered getting around to SOE this last week.
just asking because i always assume LS and SOE are basically identical stylistically (for no good reason to think that -- literally just because the cover art is so similar), and SOE was a lot of fun and didn't come across as boring or make me want to skip forward at all.
to answer my own question i put off posting and put on on LS and how the fuck is it boring? i'm only halfway into taphead i admit but that's the majority of the album and it's enjoyable as fuck. i don't agree with any of OP's probably bait picks, but i can at least see why someone might find the other 3 boring listens. putting talk talk on there is just nuts.
i feel embarrassed now since i spent more time typing this than OP put into his bait but at least i finally got around to listening to laughing stock thanks to it.

not him but no. maybe if you gave actual articulate reasons on WHY you found it boring, THOSE would be criticisms worth taking seriously. to use the other guy's example of it being as bad as just saying "it's dumb," maybe if you called it dumb and gave actual reasons for thinking it's dumb (and just like with "boring" you could also come up with a better, less 'tarded way of summing up your thoughts, ideally one that doesn't make you sound like you're just a 16-y/o with ADHD), it'd be a bit less of a bullshit "criticism." what specifically MAKES these albums boring? try wording it in a way that makes it look like you're actually thinking and not just throwing out "OMG SO BORING."

I like all of these albums

Attached: 1560658734907s.jpg (106x124, 2K)

>mfw there are niggas here who think Agaetis Byrjun is bad
I swear to god if this board were a person i will rape the shit out of it

Attached: benson.png (257x265, 119K)

>another “Talk Talk isn’t Jazz” retard
You mean 99.9% of people who've ever listened to it? Yeah I guess I fit in that majority.

Kind Of Blue isn't boring, it's just good relaxing background music.

9/10 bait

Attached: 1385689204158.gif (500x286, 889K)

Attached: 500x500.jpg (500x500, 40K)

forgot this

Attached: a0158336333_16.jpg (700x700, 45K)

I used to think this

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

face it kid, 99% of post rock is boring
based

face it kid, you are a faggot

Have some patience you faggot

You calling me a faggot while you listen to your pretentious guitar wank lmao.
Shut up faggot and listen to AC/DC.

Attached: boomer dab.png (560x723, 340K)

If we are talking about the stuff with Bon Scott then yes but if we are talking about every post BiB album then Kys you fucking boomer

this used to be me, it clicked recently, amazing record

Attached: John Maus - We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.jpg (1400x1400, 152K)

the most boring-ass album of theirs

Attached: 71I5kJS+dsL._SL1041_.jpg (1040x1041, 160K)

what the fuck, thats not ok computer

He's basically right, though I'd say more like 90%.
Just think about how much shit generic post-rock has come out these past two decades. Every week's batch of new music there's another group or two or five trying to be dramatic by going loud/quiet/loud with their guitars and they all sound identical.
Bear in mind 10% of all post-rock is a lot of music still. PLENTY of real good shit in the genre, but it seems like the genre promotes laziness in artists that want to make music but have no real inspiration -- I'd probably say the same for ambient and drone with the same 90/10 ratio (that I admit I'm pulling out of my ass).
Really thinking about it I feel like the 90/10 ratio applies to most genres -- especially "indie," "alternative," and hip-hop lately.
Anyway, whatever ratio the really noteworthy albums to the not worthwhile ones is, I'm curious how/if it's changed over the last 3 decades or so.

Either way, the good news is there's still more than enough good shit from just about every genre still coming out every year as long as you keep an eye out. Went off on a tangent from talking about how much of post-rock is good but fuck it. I'll share an AOTYSF post-rock album in a sec to make up for the text wall.

Come on their most boring is blatantly either Pablo or TKoL.

I guess TKoL is pretty boring too, but Pablo is not boring, it's just bad and bland.

I think Talk Talk, Karate and Tortoise are the least boring post rock bands, I really like those.

Can't say I've ever heard of Karate -- or at least I forgot the name and never got to listening to them, but if you're grouping them with TT and Tortoise I'll have to look them up.

Oh forgot I was going to post the P-R AOTYSF. Hopefully people ITT haven't heard it already. I think it's going to blow up in popularity a bit and I worry it'll become one of those albums that's posted 20x in every AOTY thread.
And fuck I just confirmed my fears -- it's in the top 30 on RYM this year so people've probably heard it already. Anyway just in case here you all go.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CyA4FW_AZI
youtube.com/watch?v=mhI7Q1eqcvc

mega.nz/#F!USIDDILK!-fg_KewGxeyFVWEx8tJeqw

Attached: ONDA.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Lmao i'm not gonna Take you seriously with that long ass pasta

>writing things in more detail than 1 line's worth is now a sure sign that the person can't be taken seriously
how long would it take you to read Go Dog Go? 2 weeks? Or would you throw it out because it's too long and overwhelming for you? it IS over 500 words so maybe you should start with reading birthday/holiday cards and the backs of potato chip bags. you'll get there some day.
sorry, i should've thought about your reaction to the other guy's post and shortened what i was saying, this post may be too much for you to finish. here ik what to do to help you:

tl;dr: u dum

Ogg no like read, ogg no like long word ogg mad

you can say that about any genre

Thank you, came here to post this