He doesnt record his demos on a 4track tape recorder

>he doesnt record his demos on a 4track tape recorder
lmao wasting ur lyfe desu.

Attached: 6a00d83452989a69e20120a942f7e5970b.jpg (800x429, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQEvNrddQ
soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/no-midi-stereo2
myneighborsatan.bandcamp.com/album/hellride
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just 1 track for me.

Attached: 1549932575374.png (425x312, 124K)

>not using teac

>he fell for the meme!
Enjoy paying more to fix it than it's actual value

but they're fucking good

This is what kurt Cobain made his records on

Thats a rich kid's 4-track.

Keep it real with an Amstrad. I used to have one, it was great, mostly made of cardboard. The story is that Amstrad heard of a thing called a karaoke machine but the engineers sent to design it had never actually seen one. This beast is the result, they didn't sell and you could get them cheap in the early 90s.

Attached: amstrad.jpg (2166x2004, 1.67M)

grab one of these badboys fellas

Attached: m226.jpg (1000x371, 65K)

the mk1 is better

Heard tascam want to release another new model of these

Not really. It's extremely limiting, has a high noise floor, and no phantom power

i bought one of these but never used it

hardware is a meme

Did they find a way to remove the ever-present tape hiss? I remember bouncing tracks on these and after doing so about three times, you couldn't even hear the song anymore over what sounded like a waterfall.

I'll stick with my digital portastudio, thanks.

My friend has an 8-track, they're pretty sick
Cool decoration at the least

if it fails (which it hasnt yet) ill repair it myself, like any man does, you do repair your stuff, right user?

This

For years I swore by my Tascam, that there was something "magical" about analog track tape.

After getting sick of tracking down blank high bias tapes, I gave up and just simply bought a decent interface and better mics. Guess what? It sounds better. Get over yourselves.

4-tracks are good at giving an artist/engineer a good baseline understanding of multitrack recording, in a more physical approach to recording. But that's about it. I have three of these fucking things collecting dust.

>ill repair it myself,
Where'd you learn to do it? Where will you get replacement pieces?

Also, where are you going to get good quality tapes? They are becoming rarer and rare, and soon you'll have nothing to record on.

Also, nice toxic masculinity

frooty l00p5 n00b

you must be thinking inside the box bro

He doesnt know what hes talking about

>they dont overcome hiss with extremely hot signals so they also get sweet tape saturation along with compression and other wonderful artifacts of cassette tape(TM)
>old recording method has quirks
yes it does, you go around these, or embrace them and get kino in return.
>Where'd you learn to do it?
i learned it myself, using my brain, seeing patterns, making inferences and using logic. that way i learned to fix guitar pedals, stereos, amps, and film cameras.
>Where will you get replacement pieces?
not everything fails, theres like 4 things that consistently fail in such machines, and everything is readily available. such things are belts, opamps, and other common shit.
>Also, where are you going to get good quality tapes?
ive hoarded a bunch of chrome tape. i also reuse tapes i buy for pennies. usually they are high quality tapes that contain classical music, and have very few plays, so erasing them leaves zero transients aka. virtually new.
;)

Attached: stock-photo-beautiful-retarded-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-204001492-620x1004.jpg (620x1004, 107K)

>extremely hot signals

So not only is there still hiss, but now all my music sounds like I don't know how to properly level. Bro if I want compression I'll stick to my dbx II limiter.

>i also reuse tapes i buy for pennies.
Enjoy shit sounding recordings
:)

dunno what this omg hiss is about. i can record fairly clean takes without pushing into overdrive too much if at all. maybe you have defective units? the opamps can be upgraded, yknow? i did that with my porta02, now its quiet as fuck. lots of workarounds, and you can always go back to your daw and your abbey road professional R2R plugins to process your $25 turd, i mean lovely squier guitar.

>he doesnt know about high speed recording
wow

What the fuck?

you heard me faggot.

>he thinks reused tapes don't sound shit even at high speed
kek

>he doesnt know anything about tapes
holy shit user why even post in this thread.

>DAW

That's cute.

Attached: 20190617_181218.jpg (3264x2448, 2.46M)

>he doesn't know that tapes wear out as the ribbon thins and oxide flakes off
OK

nice babby reel spools. how many 2:35 minutes songs have you recorded?

Enjoy recording on shitty little cassettes my dude.

Attached: 20190617_181743.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

>both sides
lol and i was here thinking you recorded at 30 or 15ips. enjoy your "shitty cassette quality" slow reel recordings. why even bother.

>that incel finger nail
oh god

>Though the connection is not completely understood, an absent lunula can indicate anemia, malnutrition, and depression.
i think you have even worse problems than making shitty slow r2r recordings ;)

There's literally semen stains on his fingernail wtf

Just get an audio interface you idiots

Recording at 19cm produces all the warm analog sound you were boasting about, without the cheap cassette tape hiss. I only use it for demos anyways. Oh, here's my "squire" collection btw.

Attached: 20190617_182859.jpg (3264x2448, 2.55M)

not exactly the fingers of an artist.

Stop using kino wrong

>that Hoffner
Do you have manlet hands to match?

nice pawnshop guitars. Im "real" jealous

>stop using my facebook meme wrong

Also, lay off abusing the greentext so hard.

I do, actually.

:(

Attached: 20190617_183529.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

>short and skinny ring finger
user NO!

Put those fingers in your ass

:(

yeah, im thinking this is the comfy tape thread (CTT)

Anons post your comfy tape gear pics

aight

Very based. You know you're shit. If you put the trim as low as possible and mix hot (loud as possible) you can bouncedown 7-10 times. I've been trying to find a pitch wheel to fix this old mkii I got, any idea on where I could find it?

DIGITAL
AUSCHWITZ
WORKSTATION

Attached: IMG_1242.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

looks fun as fuck :)
ebay id say, lots of spare parts. or your local electronics audio fixer.

Ahh damn, I check eBay everyday but it never comes up. I've been mixing onto that Panasonic dictaphone until I change the belts on the akai, works surprisingly well for a 20 dollar deck, has awesome pitch control

I have that same one.

I mostly just use Ableton Live 10 and a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 though because convince and more than 4 tracks.

>he doesn't record his demos on his laptop
lmao what are you a contrarian?

what is the purpose of having so many guitars? i never understood this.
all you rly need is your favorite acoustic and your favorite electric, that's it. all else is unnecessary unless you're kevin shields and literally every single one of your songs is in a different tuning and you're constantly touring

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (600x1040, 75K)

>t. poorfag commie

>sideways vox
i might be retarded but why

Four tracks are pointless when tape decks and 8+ channel mixers are so inexpensive.

theres a handle on the top of it, cant put anything on top of it that way. space is tight

I record demos on a looper with no undo function

>grr my gear is better than your gear so I am better music maker >:)

basically

>he doesnt understand friendly banter among musicians
have sex and stop being poor.

>he doesn't record his albums on a 4 track.

my whole life I've used ableton live and it's fucking awesome. I make cool christian rock songs and get christian cuties to talk to me. why would I choose to make my songs worse and less intricate with this dated dinosaur format lol?

>why would I choose to make my songs worse and less intricate with this dated dinosaur format lol?
>christian cuties
because only anal gets my dick too sore, you dig?

>not recording live in one take in your friend's parent's garage
NEVER going to make it

>haha have sex my friend let me continue to posture about my big thumbs and cool gear so people envy my lifestyle

big loser babies on this board. Peep the picture, man. that's what you are right there.

Attached: you.jpg (194x259, 8K)

I don't understand it. If it was a joke it was a bad one

I can only describe the ultimate but library pic related.

I wish I had a pictures or even some recordings but we used to have a load of reel-to-reels (Grundigs) from an old language lab hooked to the desk which slaved them all. We had an 8 track studio (one tape per track, but each one could overdub once onto the stereo track, its a bit "Magic Alex"). The actual slaving was very tight because it was all solenoid driven but you aren't going to get the motors to play along. You've never heard flanging like it. We only really scratched the surface but there was only so long it could take up space in a garage blowing fuses.

Attached: Language_Laboratory.jpg (900x675, 181K)

>HEY KIDS, WE'RE HOME EARLY

do they still make those?

holy butthurt user. again, have sex and get some friends.

I would if it wasn't so fucking expensive, even on ebay
also this, from what I've read most 4 tracks you get online are broken or about to break. It's just not worth it anymore. You're better off buying an iPad and using Garageband or some other multi-track recording app. Then buy a tape effect app if you're a hipster

>also this, from what I've read most 4 tracks you get online are broken or about to break. It's just not worth it anymore. You're better off buying an iPad and using Garageband or some other multi-track recording app. Then buy a tape effect app if you're a hipster
lmao some coward blood in here. what if shit needs fix, then do it, theyre mechanical devices, they hold and multiply their value, you wont win if you dont bet. youre like women.

Jesus Christ this sounds insane, can't even begin to fathom what that flange would sound like

this seems like a huge lie by a master storyteller but i want to believe such flanging happened once.

have sex

You have to learn to fix them if you want to use them. Really all they ever need is new belts and a cleaning, which isn't too difficult. But the prices are getting retarded, I blame faggy redditors playing with tape loops

>lmao why use a more convenient tool when you can buy a ridiculously overpriced hippie tool keep repairing your outdated meme? just spend your valuable time fixing shit instead of making music, what are you a real musician?

Its true, every high school had something like this at one point, I doubt we were the only people doing such things. You've got to remember that whatever its worth now, it was junk at the time.

The guy that hooked it all up is audio installation artist now and still doing similar things today. At the time he was a nerd with tolerant parents.

>is on Yea Forums
>values time
hmm

still think its a fabrication, but a cool one. ive wanted to do something like that, with the three r2rs i have, but they wont sync.

The time spent repairing is prob equal to the time you spend dicking around in ableton accomplishing nothing

Well, I don't know how I can convince you. Language lab sets are made to sync, the teacher would record their bit of dialogue onto everyone's machine, you'd overdub your bit and then they could listen in or take over the machine to check.

Never understood the analog meme. If anyone else ever bothers listening to your music anyways, it's going to be from their computer/phone.

I believe you, I don't know how they'd sync it up but they had some very clever methods back then

Attached: IMG_1245.jpg (600x874, 84K)

Well, I don't know how I can convince you.
no need to.

i never got to use those educational tape systems, but ive seen these machines and cant understand half the buttons.. i think they cant be directly hacked because they use dome DIN port that was interfaced with all the rest of machines. also the documentation on such machines is rare at best, they literally dissapeared from history.

dude, read.

Dude. Have sex.

>all these posts bragging about how much better their gear is than daws yet not posting anything they've made with it

based talentless rich kids

Attached: charl.gif (394x176, 2.54M)

post your project

I'm not the one with grand claims about my gear and sound. come on. let's hear what Daddy's cash sounds like

Why would you make such a stupid comment?

You can get a 4track for 200 bucks, sorry you're poor

>dude i'm not rich lmao
>ur poor lol

Being able to afford a $200 expense doesn't make you rich lmao get a job and learn to save you faggot

so are you gonna post anything you've made with it or just keep jacking each other off about how good they are?

Sure I'll send you a tape, just need your address

I honestly can’t imagine anything more idiotic than making your own music.
>y-yeah but mine is different!
No, it’s not. You will never produce anything of value, and you are wasting your time.

>he doesn't even have a website

guys stop fighting ;__;

youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQEvNrddQ

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/no-midi-stereo2

myneighborsatan.bandcamp.com/album/hellride

>harsh noise

Attached: hellride3.jpg (2016x1512, 313K)

>You will never produce anything of value

but I already have. I have 50,000 plays and have been played on radio

not the user you were messaging but I think deriving value from plays is pretty unfortunate. But I'm happy you are creating things :)

digital zoomer

what would be a way to objectively derive value then? I think the fact that people listen to and desire, constantly ask me to release new music and listen to my music would be some indication of value. otherwise value is just a vague subjective term

>using the internet

based user

I doubt any of you could distinguish the difference between tape recording and a digital recording with a tape emulator plugin

cassette is the cheapest way to record

Lol I'm not posting my music in here. I talked way too much shit in here and I don't want it reflecting on how my music is perceived. Plus shilling projects is what bandcamp threads are for. Remember those?

I think it's better to find value in the creation of your art than to look to others for recognition. Not saying success is bad, but an artist's main desire should always be that of unbridled creation.

who cares about that

*raises paw*

*feeds him strychnine *

every gear thread = every poorfag seething

life is good.

;)

Have you guys ever heard of euro rack before?

>Needing track counts outside the range [0,e/pi)
Just quit faeg

Try me

>yfw late to the party

Bragging isn’t cool, user.

Except other user was bragging first you dipshit

which one

Did you read the thread?

I want one bad but they are so fucking expensive and hard to find fuck

>ctrl+f ween
>only one result and it's someone saying "between"

Attached: pepe.jpg (249x249, 16K)

I want one bad but they are so expensive and hard to find fuck

Attached: IMG_0198.jpg (1157x1001, 165K)

We heard you the first time faggot

200000000% this

Ween sucks ass desu

Thoughts?

Attached: Behringer.jpg (632x750, 81K)

had one, didnt like the EQs, it works i guess, but its just a shitty tiny mixer.

get a yamaha one, those from MG line, theyre pretty good, even have compressor.

bucket of wank flannels

Sell it to me

>tape effect app
Absolutely disgusting

How’s that panasonic user? I’m thinking of buying one?

Pretty good, better than a slim line. Has 1/8 input output which can be a bitch and mono output. Prob the best deck you'll get for 30 bucks, very cool pitch control, super wonky