I can't think of a more overrated band

I can't think of a more overrated band

Attached: 1_vJQnNo.png (512x512, 114K)

the best solo projects for method, ghost, Rae, gza are all top contenders though. Also, cream, so timeless

>I grew up on the crime side, new York times side, staying alive was no jive, clothes second hand, mom's bounced on old man

I can

only racist ass crackers wouldnt admit wu tang is good

people say this but can't provide one single song

meanwhile bone thugs n harmony have at least 15

entire 36 chambers album. also the first ghostface, ODB and GZA solo albums, also RZA's Gravediggaz stuff. only one i always thought was kinda overrated was Method Man, never understood how he became the one with the most mainstream appeal

Sois pretend to like them because blacks like them and they don't want to called be called racist

>never understood how he became the one with the most mainstream appeal
da rockwilder

they aren't really praised beyond the debut

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME
CREAM
GET THE MONEY
*suck in breath*
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL

yeah i was just thinking if i knew anything besides the first album, by the time the second came out it was like 98 or so, think they waited to long by then and the others were all rich from their solo albums so they didnt have the drive to make something amazing by then. plus by the late 90s rap was turning to shit so it automatically wasnt as good quality as that 91-95 period

try the Foo Fighters

Literally the only rap group impossible to hate.
Even if you don't like their stuff after the debut, 36 Chambers is hands down one of the most iconic hip-hop albums of all time.
I've met plenty of people who shit NWA, 2Pac, B.I.G., but everyone who hated Wu was either an insufferable contrarian (this board primarily), shitposting (this board primarily), or an actual racist who wouldn't listen to nigger music outside of Jimi Hendrix.

why would they do that when that's their main demographic?

RZA is God.

They were just so fun and shook rap up in such a good way when they came out idk how anyone could hate 36 chambers

/thread

Wu-Tang clan? More like Poo-Tang Man.

>Wouldn't listen to nigger music outside of Jimi Hendrix
So they wouldn't listen to Wu-Tang because they're black, but Jimi Hendrix gets a pass? How does that work?

Because Hendrix sounds just white enough to where a racist hick can listen to it and ignore his race.

36 Chambers and Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep are the 2 best rap albums from this era as far as I'm concerned. the new 4 part Showtime doc on Wu-Tang was really good by the way

I guess they can circlejerk over stuff like All Along the Watchtower, since he's covering a white guy. Still, that's some next level cognitive dissonance.

I can't believe anyone could listen to Hendrix and think that's a white man singing

If you think Hendrix sounds "white" you just don't know how to read race through music. Hendrix is one of the blackest guitar players ever, compare his version of Voodoo Child to SRV's and you can see the difference.

In any case, Wu Tang is good but they're still overrated, this is possible. Mostly because they became a complete meme of a band, people wear their shit and claim to be fans just because they think it's a funny "down" thing to do to yell WUUU TAAAANG! And throw up the hand sign because they saw a "cool" white person in a movie do it.

>expecting racists to be able to read race through music
That's the thing, I don't think he sounds white at all. But the fucking weirdo hick racists who listen to his shit do. It's weird and fucking stupid but fuck dog, I don't know what to tell you other than I've seen that shit happen a lot in my youth. Can't count how many time's I've heard a variant of "that Hendrix is the one good nigger out there" or "that nigger sure can play the guitar".

You get offended by this but probably don't care when someone says "Eminem he aight, but that's white shit tho I don't fuck with it"

This might shock you, but I genuinely don't care about either. Ignorant dumb fucks exist in both races and I don't let their drivel get to me.

You just complained about
>ignorant racist hicks
for multiple posts lmao make up your damn mind. Tfw SRV's voodoo child and little wing were better

Attached: 1549588966060.jpg (750x739, 50K)

One of the blackest ever? I can't agree, tones of actual blues musicians that have way more African roots in their music, No insult to Hendrix or anything, he was a more talented guitarist than any blues player for sure

Dude.... Hendrix has some inimitable swampy funky shit in his playing that you just can't fake. His music is mad niggerish yo.

Here you go you attention whore.
(you)

Happy?