"I'm a fan of records, not bands. Even the Beatles have some stuff I wouldn't take if you paid me."

"I'm a fan of records, not bands. Even the Beatles have some stuff I wouldn't take if you paid me."

Attached: Alamy_Live_Noel_Gallagher_High_Flying_Birds_Inverness_TRM0FAjpg-JS496407800.jpg (2447x3670, 767K)

That's a pretty reasonable opinion

Who is this has-been?

I can say that about most bands too. Not The Beatles though. They are one of the few bands that I love every album by.

Shitty music listeners who probably listen to something 2 or 3 times and decide it sucks.

I was never the guy to make a religion out of an artist or band or else you end up like the sad aging rednecks on kissfaq.com who collect tons of shitty KISS lunchboxes and plastic toys. I don't understand such people. Really, who cares about latter-day Metallica. They'll never make another RTL again but there's plenty of young metal groups doing cutting edge stuff you can listen to instead.

Shitty shitposter who probably only reads posts 2 or 3 times before making assumptions on the character of the poster.

Huh? I think you need mental help, guy.

>who cares about latter-day Metallica
Literally their only good album came out in 2011.

80s Metallica is still better than 97% of modern metal music.

Pleb probably didn't like Beatles For Sale

>They'll never make another RTL again but there's plenty of young metal groups doing cutting edge stuff you can listen to instead
I agree with the first part, but the second...just where are these metal groups doing cutting edge stuff? Metal has been almost irrelevant for a decade and very few new ideas have come up.

lol someone's never delved

t. newfag that has done 0 digging

Attached: 1450413631546.jpg (467x325, 21K)

I mean, yeah in the sense that metal groups post-80s forgot how to write actual songs and became steadily more and more inaccessible.

Only to you, plebicus aurelius. :D

Ok.

Stop The Clocks [BMG, 2006]
One of the many things I never understood about this band is just where the Beatles were. The ebullience, the wit, the harmonies, God, the singing...uh, the songwriting? Cotton Mather made me understand that when Oasis say they love the Beatles, they really mean they love the post-Help!, pre-Sgt. Pepper Beatles, but that excuse doesn't fly because A. I fucking love the Beatles from start to finish and B. Since that stretch encompasses Velvet Revolver and Rubber Soul, Beatles comparisons are only valid when you write songs at least as good as, uh, "We Can Work It Out"? Instead, Oasis, meaning loudmouth bro Noel Gallagher, write songs that resemble the Revolver-era Beatles in momentum and thickened texture, but not in depth, wit, or charm, and then proceed to add arena swagger in the size of the drums and bigged-up vocals. This band-selected 18 song best-of captures their sonic moment as fully as anyone needs. My only gripe is that they left off the first album's opener "Rock and Roll Star." If there's one song that sums up these bigheads' message to the world, it's that. B+

Attached: christgau89894.jpg (1400x963, 169K)

>shits on Oasis the entire review
>still gives the thing a B plus

who wastes time listening to stuff they dont like more than once? why not go and listen to stuff you actually like?

Says the man whose band was good for like 2 years and spent 15 years being fucking trash

Attached: 1541397337193.png (839x778, 778K)

Based oasis

You're proving his point, idiot.

Oasis were really 90s rock personified.

>yeah we're so totally alternative and non-corporate
>as we're playing stadiums and headlining festivals sponsored by Pepsi and Toyota

you are a fooking nipple m8 stop being a mouthy cunt and lets get the big O man together as you were LG x

Attached: 1556490159450.jpg (466x310, 29K)

The 90s mentality went something like "We want to be rock stars but we don't want to actually admit it."

Lol who told you that? Oasis since the start wanted to be the biggest band on the planet and make bank

The anti-rock star attitude was really more of an American thing I thought.

If it didn't click the first time, the album just isn't for you

IDK but Noel did call Jack White a traitor and sellout to alternative music for doing a McDonalds commercial.

PARKLIFE

>>yeah we're so totally alternative and non-corporate
Oasis literally never said anything like that

Suck my dick
AS YOU WERE

Well it is show business after all. Oasis isn't deep or innovative but they are entertaining.