Noodling section aside, what are your thoughts on the first part of Moonchild?

Noodling section aside, what are your thoughts on the first part of Moonchild?

Attached: 617I2AGeW5L.jpg (500x500, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gQI3C3UKZvc
youtube.com/watch?v=iJl06nxPub8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gorgeous.

good

I like it. As soon as the singing stops it overstays its welcome.

really fucking good
incorrect

greg's vocals could make anyone cry

factual.

I really don’t like 21C Schizoid Man. The instrumental bits are great but fuck that singing really grates on my ears.

i assume you havent listened to it in full then. it gets good at like 10 mins to the end

Good thing he didn't fucking ask about that song

So I look like I care?

>singing really grates on my ears
That's one of the best parts of it, though. Black Sabbath wished they were even half as brootal.

epic phoneposter

i liked when gallo used it in buffalo 66
youtu.be/gQI3C3UKZvc
the improvisation goes on too long but i think it at least comes together the last minute when the whole band finally syncs up and makes something beautiful

Good. Also the last few minutes of Providence are good.

I made my own edit that fades from the end of the vocals to the last few minutes of noodling. I'd post it but No-Rips Fripp might sue me for a gorillion dollars

>He can't into slightly distorted singing

Attached: disgusted jimmie.png (228x313, 186K)

Eh thats acceptable imo. Moonchild in full isnt bad, but once youve heard it you dont really need to sit through it every time. Its good to every now and then though

Ironic that I’m an SD-voter and you pick that image to post.

>I’m an SD-vote
Apparently based political opinions don't equal based music taste then.

Cannot believe there's so much controversy about this track. So many children who can't just sit for a few minutes and listen to something that they don't 100% love.

I sat through it the first time I listened to the album and instantly went 'welp, dunno how much I'll get out of that track again but I certainly liked the first intro section'. Did it once or twice more but eh, I just don't see how 10 minutes off noodling fits into how structured the rest of the album is.

Doesn't help that it strongly reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=iJl06nxPub8
Improvisation just isn't my thing

the reason it fits so well with the album is because one of the biggest strengths of the album is its pacing, which moonchild maybe has more than any other track. Especially at the end when the guitar plays the E chord and it's this gigantic resolution and the rest of the song is this gorgeous gorgeous harmony. And then the beginning of the title track. What an incredible transition

Just saw them live today, that shit was mind blowing.

What was the track lineup?

It’s really nice. By free improvisation standards as a whole the mellowness and restraint is pleasant. People shitting on it is mostly genre tourists unable to stomach their first taste of free improv, rather than the track itself being bad.

we get it, you've listened to one amm album and a few bailey releases. nobody cares.

Genre tourist names genre tourist approved artists, shocker.

21st Century > Red
I Talk To The Wind < Fallen Angel
Epitaph > One More Red Nightmare
Moonchild = Providence
The Court Of The Crimson King < Starless
ITCOTCK (album) < Red (album)

Attached: goat_album.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Moonchild's instrumentation is trash because it literally sounds like subpar snippets from different songs. The fact that people are willing to go so far to defend literally random bits being played in between bits of silence is quite hilarious. It is a tragedy though because I do like the way the beginning part feels like it has a creeping melancholy that's a lot more subtle than the more grandiose melancholy on the previous two tracks. Could've been the best track on the album honestly if it didn't have everything after the first few minutes.
This is a false comparison because Moonchild isn't playing with the concept of silence/softer sounds the way the better free improv artists (even also lowercase and onkyo) do because the sounds in Moonchild's shitty wank section don't have similarly organic textures that are achieved through what's often a constantly subtle changing in dynamics+timbre. There is usually more logical progression here as well, guys like Rowe/Tillbury who dabble in electroacoustics create build off a similar foundation of timbre, while someone like Loren MazzaCane Connors uses the drones+bluesy bits to give his works a sense of structure. Moonchild doesn't have this sense of cohesion.

It's all subjective taste in the end, but you sound like a pseud, my dudes when you compare Moonchild to free improv.

>comparing a free improvisation from 1969 with fucking onkyo, a genre that didn’t exist until 30 years later
Great going.

>not knowing the similarities between these genres
Top pleb.

I suppose you’re going to tell me next about how shitty Ellington is because his compositional depth is nonexistent compared to Mingus. Or how amateurish Bach is due to his poor dynamics compared to the Romantics.

King Crimson more like King Cringeson garbage band fuck you

>Moonchild>>>>>>Providence
ftfy

Nope considering that free improv and electroacoustic guys were already doing that by the time Moonchild had come out. The specificities in technique that I am mentioning weren't magically made years later, just put into a different context. You're trying to slowly veer this off subject because you know you dun goofed lmao. Goodnight man, I know school starts later than it did in my day, but you definitely need the sleep.

They have a version without the noodling
>Moonchild (Take one)

Beautiful. Second part sounds less like improvisation and more subconsciously picking at notes on your guitar while you browse Yea Forums

>Nope considering that free improv and electroacoustic guys were already doing that by the time Moonchild had come out.
Yeah, like fucking who you retard? Onkyo wasn’t even a fucking twinkle in Yoshihide’s eye when ITCOTCK came out. The closest parallels were pioneers of free improv like AMM and holy fucking shit if you think that’s nearly as sophisticated as any of the examples you listed lmao. You’re a delusional retard.

I can't listen to it. I live in America. Only 2/5 songs on that album are available here. (21st Century Schizoid Man and In the Court of the Crimson King)