youtu.be/qSIip2_RgbI
youtu.be/vIYRbbHMesg
youtu.be/pt_zgUqoyWI?t=100
youtu.be/F_80s6S_7Vw
youtu.be/FV_PGs0m34U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same.
I listen to them every day.

Same. Imagine unironically thinking they’re not the greatest artist ever when they so clearly are.
>dozens of god tier songs
>many of which shaped or help shape entire genres
>introduced key innovations in songwriting, recording and performing which is now the template for modern artists
>showed incredible versatility by writing great songs in everything from psychedelic rock to three minute radio pop songs, and from folk to hard rock/proto metal
>were massively influential in the development of psychedelic music, hard rock, electronic music and progressive rock
>made a string of classic albums regarded among the best ever, in varying genres and styles, in such a short amount of time with unbelievably prolific pace
>their albums are rock archetypes that live on today, from the kitchen sink chuck everything in to a double album approach to a (loose) concept album where they have alter egos
>their career trajectory is THE rock archetype and no other band epitomises the legend of the rock band more, both in how their music and approach evolved and how they broke up
>gave Noel and Liam Gallagher a career (for better or worse) by releasing Rain, the foundation of what became Britpop and the sound Oasis based a career off
>were the biggest cultural phenomenon of the 60s and arguably the century
>best selling artist of all time by far
>most popular and iconic artist of all time
>pretty widely accepted by critics and publications to be the best artist of all time, not that critics are too important
>created revolutions in popular music and culture in just several years together
They’re in another league. There’s the Beatles, then there’s everyone else. They were as important to popular music as Shakespeare was to drama or Picasso to visual art. They will go down in history alongside those kinds of names as cultural figures. Beatles elitism gets a bad rep but it’s purely the truth that they are the greatest.

The Beatles filled the hole my father left when he died

>tfw Paperback Writer/Rain is the peak of pop music

>the best song of all time is a B side

Me too

Lennon looks fried.

how original

Same here lads. TOO fucking good. Was listening to the remasters recently and they always did every trend and songwriting tic so much justice. I mean tomorrow never knows is peak psych before the genre even existed b

Damn straight user. Favorite album or song? As much as I love their progressive era (post Rubber Soul) those early albums are fucking killer.

>Favorite Album - Revolver or Abbey Road
>Favorite Song - Here Comes The Sun or Here There and Everywhere
>Favorite Solo Album - ATMP, Plastic Ono, or BOTR/Ran
>Favorite Solo Song - All Things

Attached: 7D33473B-3AEF-41DC-B1C7-DDB077D9329A.jpg (468x454, 26K)

>album
Revolver
>song
Rain

Rubber Soul and Abbey Road complete my top three albums, and She Said She Said and Happiness Is A Warm Gun come close for favourite song.

>favorite album
White
>favorite song
Walrus

really though I am the walrus is too fucking good

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND I'LL KISS YOU

FUCK I forgot about she said! So dope
coo coo catchoo user

>Listen, do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell?
As much as I love their later stuff, that early work is the purest most amazing pop music ever made. It melts my icy heart.

Best bit is

SITTING IN MY ENGLISH GARDEN WAITING FOR THE SUN

She Loves You is the highlight of that era imo, absolutely god tier pop

>IT'S ALL TOO MUCH FOR ME TOO TAKE, THE LOVE THAT'S SHINING ALL AROUND YOU.
Even their throwaway songs are better than most people's best effort.

ew

Same. There is no other band that has made me as happy as them.

it's absolutely perfect. The most joyous and infectious song ever made.

It’s too fucking good for this world.

The chord progression, the use of harmonies, the drum intro, the augmented/diminished chords, the ending harmony. 11/10 for sure.

>Most underrated song? (If The Beatles could even have such a thing)
I'd say What You're Doing or Blue Jay Way.

"Yes It Is" or "Thank You Girl"

Yes It Is is amazing. Anthology version is even better: youtu.be/qSIip2_RgbI
The world needs more acoustic Lennon. It's so beautiful.

My favorite band.

>favorite album
MMT
>favorite song
Girl

That finishing note >"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeaaahhhhh"
It leaves you feeling happy to be alive.

>acoustic lennon
Patrician. youtu.be/vIYRbbHMesg

is there a more pure sound in the world than Lennon's double tracked vocals, lads?

>When 1:48 hits
youtu.be/pt_zgUqoyWI?t=100

What's your favorite Beatles period? 1, 2, or 3?

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2345x945, 509K)

This harmonica riff is so groovy. John was great with the harmonica, it's a shame he didn't use it more

All of it. I couldn't possibly choose.

Everyone I know hates Blue Jay Way but I've always thought it was creepy/unsettling in a good way

Hmmm. Within without you?
Fuck yes it does!
Once they invented ADT, all their vocals became incredible for sure
Same here
Shiiieeettttt maybe 2 into 3
Amazing psych song, it feels like AnCo or Caribou could do a cover of it

1, 2 and 3

I Feel Fine is their best early song. Prove me wrong.

Attached: fit ringo.jpg (985x985, 101K)

That's too beautiful. He recorded this while in the beatles? That's an incredible song.

A Hard Day's Night

it's on his solo album Walls and Bridges. Well worth a listen, it's a great album.

Based

Attached: le beatles.png (2906x1704, 1.76M)

Based

They messed up with those remasters lads.
WTF is happening at 1:45?
youtu.be/F_80s6S_7Vw

Discover George Martin pasted in a cheeky fix and got it slightly out of sync (3.24 on this).
youtu.be/FV_PGs0m34U

Did Paul never know this had happened?

Attached: soy-paul-mccartney.png (775x494, 313K)

I will cauterize your penis

t. someone who has never learned a beatles song on guitar or piano before

seems like paul just was a bit out of sync there

this

bump

It's probably The Inner Light

His single tracked vocals. Pay close attention to his single tracked bit in I Should Have Known Better. The entire song would've been heartwrenching if sung entirely single-tracked.

I don't think I've had a more formative group musically. I think there were two elements at play - I grew up playing classical music due to genuinely enjoying the tactile feel of it, so when I eventually heard them it genuinely felt exciting; when I eventually got really into music again (combined with being overly analytic), they still felt fresh, but now in new ways, which most of everything didn't.

As the biggest band in the world The Beatles had hordes of screaming women throwing themselves at them.

But it's emerged that instead of having to indulge in small talk with starstruck music fans the band instead opted for a more straight-forward way of getting girls.
As the band travelled across America there were pre-paid prostitutes lined up at their hotels.

There was apparently one for each of the band - Paul, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr - although it's not clear who booked them. At airports across America, four pre-paid high-class hookers would usually be part of their welcoming party.

The Beatles 1964 US Tour
He writes: "This stop would provide a chance for them to rest and rev up their engines for the final two-thirds of the tour."
Kane vividly describes the first day at the band's hotel by being invited up to The Beatles' suite to witness a line-up of prostitutes in low-cut dresses.
"Take your pick" were the words directed to him by John Lennon, which he reportedly declined.

Apparently McCartney once had a four-in-a-bed session in which he’d been the only male.
Apparently the mop topped singer would have several girls on the go at once and was even caught in bed with one girl by actress turned cookery writer Jane Asher to whom he had been engaged.

However one of the more unlikely revelations is the singer songwriter used to like his leg hair combed.
Still in his early 20s he was dating 17-year-old Iris Caldwell, a trapeze artist who went on to work as a dancer in pantomimes and summer variety shows.

In the late evenings, they were often at her home, where Iris’s mum Vi provided not only non-stop food and hot drinks but also leg-grooming for Paul.

"He’s quite hairy, and having his legs combed seemed to relax him,’ says Iris. ‘He’d say, “Oo, Vi, give me legs a comb” and roll up his trouser-leg, and Mum would get a comb and do it.

>you will like this godawful band if you start learning their songs
o i am laffin

cope

Based and rainpilled

>opinion
>straight up factually false
>thing you can only believe if you read it in the rolling stone magazine or if you havent heard enough music to know its false
>same as before
>appeal to authority and opinion
>see point 3 and 4
>irrelevant to the quality of their music
>no comment on this one
>ad populum
>facebook tier
>twitter tier,ICONIC YASS QUEEN
>appeal to authority ,again
>point 3 and 4,again

Beatlefags are mentally retarded 20 year old boomers that should only be allowed in the youtube comment section or in /r/beatles

Attached: 1553285852782.jpg (750x747, 149K)