Rush is one of the worst bands of all time. They're a glorified jam band with almost zero artistic merit

Rush is one of the worst bands of all time. They're a glorified jam band with almost zero artistic merit.

Terrible.

Attached: rush_002-smallcrop.jpg (1145x700, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMSFqXGZ5TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnWEZeJqoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are all better musicians than you will ever be.

How can any of this be true when they are the greatest band of all time?

Right. That's a great standard, they're better musicians than a random guy on the internet who's not a musician.

Fantastic point user.

being a good musician != making good music
get it through your head boomer

Based, they're entertaining af tho

Stay!
Stay...
Good boy.

stay
bark
woof
roll over

What the fuck is a glorified jam band? Also, turbo pleb opinion. Their streak from 2112-Grace Under Pressure is pure kino. Everything before and after sucks though

wan wan ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

what is their best song and why is it time stand still?
youtu.be/dMSFqXGZ5TQ

>dismissing Fly by Night and Caress of Steel

fly by night is great though

in what way are they a jam band lmao

La Villa Strangiato

based. that's my grandpa's favorite song.

They go for stretches of 1 minute or more with no lyrics.

lol if this is their best work it just proves how shit they are

This is bland cock rock

>Caress of Steel
is it just me or does that one plagiarize Boston and I think also the who but i don't remember where

are you being serious?

>Rush is one of the worst bands of all time. They're a glorified jam band with almost zero artistic merit.
>worst bands of all time
>zero artistic merit

it's not cock rock, it's cheesy aor. you really need to learn terms you use before using them.

What are you even trying to say user. Are you dumb?

There’s a section of The Necromancer that has a chord progression similar to Baba O’Riley I think.

I’ll let you figure that one out.

It's OK. The title track and By-Tor are the only saving graces. They were still stuck in their Led Zeppelin lite days

Caress of Steel is a meme album. Even the band hates it.

>the band hates it
That means nothing. I hate a lot of my art that other people seem to like.

no one likes your art

I dislike Geddy Lee’s voice just as much as the next guy, but if you think Rush is a glorified jam band then you’re an idiot.

I like Rush. I don't really care about prog, but that basic mix of high soaring vocals, big guitars, and pounding drums was always a good combo. Led Zeppelin were the key band for the sound, but Rush were one of the best at it. Budgie were underrated.

I’ve literally only ever received positive feedback on my artwork over the course of like 20 years. Not to say I take their opinions seriously.

suuuuuuuuuuure

I love alex lifeson's face

Why would I lie on the internet?

why does anyone?

Rush comes off as a little cheesey to me now, but it was one of the first bands that got me into progressive rock, and from there, a bunch of other music. I'll always love them for that.

Also, Hemispheres > AFtK > Permanent Waves > Moving Pictures

I wouldn’t know.

no one truly understands their own motives

thats weird i think theyre pretty good
not my favorite though

>That means nothing. I hate a lot of my art that other people seem to like.
jesus christ i hope this is bait, trips say you have to be given the benefit of the doubt so

I don’t understand why people praise Hemispheres. The title track is easily the worst of their 3 epics. The Trees is meh and Circumstances is meh. La Villa Strangiato is one of the greatest things they’ve recorded but that isn’t enough to make up for the lack of interesting music in the rest of the tracks.

I can agree to that.

>I dislike Geddy Lee’s voice just as much as the next guy
I don't agree, I like it, but I'm glad that you are a sane man, cause
>but if you think Rush is a glorified jam band then you’re an idiot.
This is true, op's take is truly idiotic

In what way do you think that’s bait?

I find it insulting that people refer to this band as "progressive rock". Rush is the very antithesis of progressive. Their first record came out in 1974, which was around when most would argue the original prog rock scene was dying down. Most classics had already been released, and few would be released after. Their debut, however, was just a cheap Led Zeppelin rip-off. It wouldn't be until their third album, Caress of Steel, that they were making music that could, in some perverse sense, be called prog rock. In reality, there was nothing progressive about it. It was, if we're being generous, a half a decade too late to be called that.

Robert Fripp said that progressive rock was all about eschewing the ways of old, and forging a new path. In his mind, it was not a genre but a way of making music, a mindset with which to approach your craft. By the mid '70s this "genre" had stagnated, and fallen into the very trap it was initially trying to destroy: most prog coming out now was giving into stylistic cliches. Long stereotypical instrumental passages, odd time signatures, esoteric fantasy themed lyrics. This was no longer progressive rock, but rather simply the same old stuff that had once been new. Rush used all of these cliches, and more, in their "prog" era, and brought absolutely nothing new to the table. Hell, even if their albums had come out 5 years before, they still wouldn't have been very good at being progressive; they were dull, insipid collections of music. They were at the tail end of the prog movement and were one of the bands to help kill it.

Who cares if they are or aren’t progressive rock? Their product is better than most, if not all, progressive rock anyway.

based

>Robert Fripp said
robert fripp rapes deaf children

>Their product is better than most, if not all, progressive rock anyway.
No it's not. It's boring hard rock that goes on too long.

>Robert Fripp said
blah blah blah. suck a dong.

>can’t hear correctly
>can’t pay attention
I’m sorry.

Rush seems to go well with weed for some reason. I used to think Cygnus X-1 was awesome when I was a kid.

I still like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnWEZeJqoc

You take yourself far too seriously

Cygnus X-1 is still awesome. Better than book 2.

No need to feel sorry for me, I'm not the one who mistakes Rush for good music.
Do you have any actual argument or meaningful opinion on the matter, or are you simply gonna act butthurt?

Wtf since when has this board hated Rush? Their self titled and 2112 are fucking classics, along with a lot of their other albums.

There are a lot of fans and a lot of haters here.

>Robert Fripp said that progressive rock was all about eschewing the ways of old, and forging a new path
And yet he is a fan of Steven Wilson now

>Do you have any actual argument or meaningful opinion on the matter
do you?

When you simply can’t hear the magic in certain music it doesn’t really make sense to criticize it.

Wilson is based.
Refer to my original post here: . I present a well thought out and articulated opinion. Have you anything to say about it that isn't simply bitching?

>I present a well thought out and articulated opinion.
so?

>implying this rhetoric isn't older than Rush

This

Why did you type out a book when you could have just said “they aren’t prog”?

It’s called contrarian bullshit, he’s doing it for (You)s

Stop liking what I don’t like ≠ well thought out and articulated
But it’s good that you have a positive self image,

I didn't say you should stop liking it, I just explained why I think they're a shit band.
And again, you fail to provide any worthwhile opinion of your own. You're just complaining again about mine.

Here's my opinion: the music sound good in my ears.
Does that do it for ya?

>You're just complaining again about my complaining
Are you starting to get a glimmer of self awareness yet?

Congrats on your shit taste.
There's a difference between thinking something through and then voicing it and simply screaming that another person is wrong while refusing to properly explain why you think so.
What I did is called opining, what you're doing is complaining.

You ignored the only post you needed to read

>while refusing to properly explain why you think so.
See

>What I did is called opining
You have a seriously overinflated self opinion

The wrongest post in the history of Yea Forums

They re just not prog but not bad at all i really enjoyed farewell to kings

i don't agree with that guy but you're honestly proving him right by replying with stuff like that. best just to ignore him.

really? worse than fountain of lamneth?

Yes. The Fountain of Lamneth is excellent.

You are right, I should know better than to argue with pseuds