ITT: Bands that trigger zoomers

ITT: Bands that trigger zoomers

Attached: U2.jpg (4597x3072, 1.03M)

why is U2 so hated and radiohead so beloved when they are nearly the same shit?

Attached: images (18).jpg (554x554, 26K)

My dad is a musician and fucking hates U2.
U2 triggers people with taste.

>he doesn't attain transcendental pleasure postironically by appreciating U2 as peak neoliberal aesthetics and Bono's davos humanitarian rockstar persona as avant garde performance art.

U2 is the real punk rock

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 7.17.14 PM.png (417x291, 277K)

Noel Gallagher is a musician and loves U2, and there's probably just as many musicians who like U2 as there are musicians who hate them. Being a musician isn't an indicator of taste.

U2 is a solid band up to and including Achtung Baby and maybe Zooropa if you like that kind of thing.

The correct attitude to U2 is to hate them for letting everyone down since then.

Any dadrock band

I think that's the big reason why they get so much hate, even beyond Bono's slactivist antics and preachy lyrics or even the itunes debacle. It's because they've long overstayed their welcome and continue to do their thing long after people lost interest to the point where it feels forced. They've become this ubiquitous thing in pop culture but are phoning it in so much that it seems way out of proportion with their legacy.

Oasis also fucking sucks.

Your dad's music could suck for all I know. That wasn't my point.

My dad actually likes classical and jazz for the most part.
He's a blues and jazz drummer.

jazz is fucking shit

Joshua Tree is legitimately my favorite album but if they never release music again I'd be happy. Their output since Pop has been weak as fuck, with NLOTH being the sole exception (and even then I've deleted the middle three tracks because they're shit and ruin the flow of the album).

Absolutely shit-tier opinion but okay.
I don't know why I'm arguing with a fan of one of the worst rock groups of all time.

>blues and jazz
tell your father to kill himself, he won't regret it

I bet most musicians are just jealous that U2 pulled a complete 180 with Achtung Baby, promoted it with a surprisingly avant-garde show for a mainstream rock band, and it was still a multi-platinum commerical and critical success. Usually when a band drifts away from their signature sound, the fans whine and nobody buys the record. Compare the average U2 fans reaction to Achtung Baby compared to the average Queen fans reaction to Hot Space.
Hating Bono as a person is perfectly reasonable though.

The hate is all on Bono and it's completely justified.

>the doors
>the rolling stones
>led zeppelin
U2 sucks

I actually think bono is an inspiring human being

Are U2 aware that they've destroyed their legacy by releasing uninspired crap for nearly 20 years? I get the feeling that part of the reason why the quality has dropped off so badly is that Bono's heart isn't in it anymore (he'd rather be a dodgy pseudo-politician).