Yeah I don't get it... what's so "conscious" about this album...

Yeah I don't get it... what's so "conscious" about this album? Black Thought is an incredible MC but damn near every song on here is just him and sometimes Malik B rapping about how incredible they are. Am I missing something that's right in front of me, or is this album a lot more of just a bar-fest than people make it out to be?

Attached: Things Fall Apart.jpg (320x320, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJCHeEQV454
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's just a good album. It might also be conscious. Doesn't really matter imo

it's unironically just because of the album cover

It's really just the album cover making it seem way more "conscious" than it really is.

It's all about this track, best on the album:
youtube.com/watch?v=MJCHeEQV454

Back when that album dropped every black rapper who wasn't rapping about money, drugs or pimping hoes was labelled "conscious".

do The Roots have any albums that are more conscious or meaningful? Black Thought is an amazing lyricist but it really seemed lacking in any meaningful application on Things Fall Apart

Some dumb faggot decided to tag it with conscious hiphop just because of the album cover. It's fucking jazz rap/boombap.

game theory

>expecting "meaning" from nigger rappers

Read a book or pick up your bible you degenerate.

But OK, this album was considred pretty out there when it dropped. It's a bit pretentious and experimental though.

Attached: roots.jpg (474x474, 42K)

Check out Undun and And Then You Shoot Your Cousins -- in that order. They're concept albums. Really give Black Thought a chance to flex his lyrical ability while considering multiple perspectives. The band also kills it on mood

imagine being this autistic lol

COPE, I'm an oldfag and was listening to these roots albums at the time they dropped.

I love hip hop but you are not going to find any deep meaning there. You're a cucked kid if you think so.

>Undun
>And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
again, if you can't find meaning in these albums then i struggle to see what you'd find meaningful at all. just because you claim to have heard an album doesn't mean you understand it

You are like 19 or 20 tops. That's cool man. You'll grow out of this music is what I'm saying.

I'm 24 my dude. The Roots don't make music for people that are 19, try to find a high schooler that even knows about them. The albums I listed are meaningful, try to actually come up with an argument against it you neet

xD EDGY!!

I listened to them when I was a teenager. I'm not trying to hate but to warn you not to idolise this degenerate music.

there's literally nothing degenerate about the albums i listed. they're wholesome and nuanced

Rap music is a Jewish product, and you're the consumer. Black lives matter amirite?

Consider suicide please

I want to swing a hammer at your fucking jaw. I want to beat you to death. I want to curb stomp you

Yeah, in the way that Taco Bell is wholesome compared to McDonald's.

Your goal should be to reach beyond consumerism. Break free from the degeneracy that is negro music peddled by Jews onto white kids.

Why user? Why the hatred? Purge the hate and degeneracy from your soul.

Attached: 1555879620129.jpg (618x741, 75K)

The cartel will torture you and everybody will laugh.

God bless you user

I'll check em out, thanks

Images/videos makes a huge impact.
Friendly reminder that Gambino's "This is America" is trash tier meme-rap that people hail as a conscious masterpiece just because of the video.

It's not a trash song though