Who's our generation's R&B innovator?

Who's our generation's R&B innovator?

Attached: dangelo.jpg (1000x1335, 362K)

Tyler xD

Eminem.

No one tops D'Angelo. All that Frank tyle shit bullshit are all shit copies of the Neo Soul greats. Why listen to some bullshit ass gay frank when I can listen to actual good music? (Erykah Badu). Shit man... have you seen the new movie about him? Black Messiah is AOTD.

Attached: images - 2019-06-11T193514.758.jpg (681x450, 17K)

viper

Attached: 1435497058499.jpg (2048x1536, 148K)

Who are some other neosoul greats aside from D'angelo and Badu?

Flying Lotus, Lizzo, Teyana Taylor, Sza, Thundercat

The usual stuff man-Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, Maxwell, Bilal. You can also put stuff liek Musiq Soulchild and that Meshell girl whatever her african name is... Neo Soul was small time but it was much better than that new bullshit that tries to be second grade weeknd

This, plus D'angelo and Syd.

thread has completed. everyone leave.

What about Paak

What about Timbaland?

I like to imagine D'Angelo is still active

ehhhh I wouldn't group him in this category.

I love that glorious nigga, but I personally categorize him in the hip-hop compartment.

He fucking sucks at rapping though, that XXL cypher was enough of him rapping for me. His singing and drumming aint too bad.

He's working on his new album mate.

XXL releases are the absolute shittiest things to judge an artist on. it's the equivalent to TMZ bombarding actors on the street.

Real talk if you're white and listen to RnB you're a cringey faggot, that shit's for square black people to drink wine to before they have sex while the kids are out playing basket ball or whatever they do. You fags are trying way too hard to be something you're not while being a million miles away from the culture.

>Flying Lotus
More jazz if anything
>Lizzo
No
>Teyanna Taylor
No
>SZA
Had the potential but went commercial as fuck
>Thundercat
Probably

It's just good tunes buddy.

I'm black.

Lauryn Hill is fucking overrated, it's D'Angelo

They're all genre bending in the tradition of that vague category "rhythm and blues" and since when is it a crime for an r&b soul artist to go mainstream? You're just being an edgy contrarion

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (332x443, 63K)

RnB has been commercial for about 50 years.

If only I could save her...

I just open my ears and play stuff that they like its not something I wrap up my identity in too much. That's literal high school tier. Its what kids do cuz they have no real identity or personality of substance to define themselves with so they pick a shallow pseudo intellectual interest like popular music genres.

Clarence Clarity

Attached: clarence.jpg (953x569, 133K)

Attached: 1325765234542375.png (480x320, 168K)

>28 wrong replies
Janelle Monae and it’s not even close
Fly lo isn’t rnb
Also KEK to everyone you listed other than Thundercat

The Weeknd was innovative with his early work, guy basically created dark / alt-RnB

>Janelle Monae
She's too busy hating white people 24/7 to make anything considered good

Lmao normie