/jazz/

I'm having a one man jazz party tonight, what should I listen to? Anyone else think pic related is underrated? I think the drums alone make it worth the price of admission. Also I have to eat dinner with my parents and then go to an NA meeting from 730 to 830, so if people can keep the jazz thread alive till when I'm gone I would be grateful.

Attached: milesinthesky_.jpg (355x355, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntcuk_Glke8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't really pregame but im listening to Neferititi to while I wate for dinner. I listened to Miles Smiles earlier today and Charles Gayle's Homeless. I think Miles Smiles would make for a funny meme cause he's smiling on the cover but I don't know how to make it a meme.

Attached: 220px-Miles_Davis_-_Miles_Smiles.jpg (220x220, 15K)

Jazz threads used to be so comfy

I know right? anyway, just at enchiladas with the senpai, now soon i'll be off to the meeting

I just listened to this album, and I liked it more than any other jazz I've heard before. It might be the classical element to it, but it has a unique atmosphere that makes it stand out

Attached: sketches of spain.jpg (600x594, 103K)

I gotta listen to that again. I remember not liking it as much and feeling disappointed cause so many people swear by it.

been listening to pic related, i'm in love. any more nocturnal comfy jazz like this? Also a big fan of ECM stuff

Attached: 71IBPEShdTL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

based irrelevant blog poster

I used to listen to Green Street to calm myself down when I was too stimmed out late at night

Attached: 51utejEQJ+L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 23K)

yeah years ago when people still posted mediafire links in 2009-2012

Attached: front.jpg (943x941, 431K)

There's already at least two memes based on that cover, this is the only one i have saved

Oops

Attached: FB_IMG_1560209726555.jpg (500x500, 42K)

When in doubt, Bill Frisell. Holy fuck that man's a genius.

oh cool. I think I have seen those before. I was thinking it would be one of those things people post the album cover over and over with some stupid text and flood the catalog, but it's not gonna be that popular. Still the memes that do exist are cool

My jazz party has officially begun, we are opening with Coltrane Live in Seattle

Bump, im drinkin, not sure which album next but probably the shit in the op, its raining outside tho so i feel like i really gotta pick something special, any ideas?

put on some thad jones

Free jazz is a beautiful genre. So much great stuff that people who just listen to Trane and Coleman will miss out on.

Ive never heard him before, im definitly gonna check him out but atm im too lazy to get up and dl flacs, i just put on the complete in a silent way sessions, im such an entry level plen lol

Like what?

Sam Rivers

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntcuk_Glke8

This album is excellent.

>Like what?
Pic related, Cecil Taylor's stuff, Anthony Braxton, Chuck Gayle, Roscoe Mitchell, Don Cherry.

Attached: download.jpg (300x300, 23K)

you would love happenings by bobby hutcherson

we said jazz

yungin trying to get into jazz, any recs? i've only really listened to 68-73 miles davis and mwandishi and enjoyed those