Musical don’ts

>listening to anything rated below B+ by Christgau
>listening to anything not rated at all by Christgau

Attached: D3075FA6-5655-4615-B7AF-F86DBD67F181.jpg (480x360, 22K)

that guy is such a faggot

>pazz and jop
Yup I agree

where can i get glasses frames like that

dark prog

in the 70s

I hate this faggot so much, he's even worse than Fantano

>listening to anything rated below A+

Pleb.

It's a Beautiful Day [Columbia, 1969]
This is on the charts. Get it off. D

Reminder that Christgau gave London Calling a A+. Do not listen to whatever this boomer says.

Not only that but he said New York Dolls S/T and The Clash S/T were his two favorite rock albums of all time.

Survivor [Capitol, 1971]
Those who dismiss them as unlistenable miss the point--they Americanize Led Zeppelin with a fervent ingenuity that does service to the broad gestures of mass art. But now I read where similar men of taste, having arrived at the same conclusion, are claiming in addition to actually like the stuff. That's going too far. C

Cuckgau is the ultimate cuck.

Draw the Line [Columbia, 1977]
The problem with the multiple-riff hi-test jobs that made Rocks rock was that when time came to follow up, the band was out of gas. The best of the three good ones here is a mold-breaking Joe-Perry-alone boogie that probably reflects the usual "internal tensions." Perry goes nowhere near the mold-breaking "Kings and Queens," synthesized medieval pomp-rock (cf. Styx, Rush) that proves beyond doubt that they won't bite "The Hand That Feeds." We knew it all along, guys. B-

Boston [Epic, 1976]
When I heard that someone had achieved an American synthesis of Yes and Led Zeppelin, all I could do was cover my ears and say "Gosh!" C

Volunteers [RCA Victor, 1969]
A puzzler--no matter how many times I listen to this record, I can't connect. Every time Grace Slick lilts out the phrase "Up against the wall, motherfuckers!", something we can all agree has lost its currency by now, I want to laugh out loud and I don't find the instrumental cuts very inspired either. It's hardly a bad album of course and everyone seems to dig it a lot but everyone may be wrong. B

Well that Clash album is pretty good imo. I don't get the New York Dolls at all tho, they sound like a Rolling Stones cover band.

>listening to nu metal with an iq lower than 175
you cannot, will not absorb the genre properly. sorry, but i have to say this.
#yeahisaidit

Hot Rats [Bizarre, 1969]
Doo-doo to you, Frank--when I want movie music I'll listen to "Wonderwall." C

Diamond Dogs [RCA Victor, 1974]
In which a man who has always turned his genuine if unendearing talent for image manipulation to the service of his dubious literary and theatrical gifts evolves from harmless kitsch into pernicious sensationalism. Despite two good songs and some thoughtful (if unhummable) rock sonorities, this is doomsday purveyed from a pleasure dome. Message: eat, snort, and be pervy, for tomorrow we shall be peoploids--but tonight how about buying this piece of plastic? Say nay. C+

he has 200 iq and is in mensa

Thrift

IQ and taste, one in the same.

THATS Christgau???

people obsessed with reviewers & critics are mindless drones. btw your life is completely shit.

Flavours [RCA Victor, 1974]
The Burton Cummings side of this band always wanted it to be Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, the Doors, and Kirby Puckett and the Union Gap all rolled into one. This rather monstrous goal has finally been realized. Me, I always preferred the side that wanted to be Bachmann-Turner Overdrive. C

Cuckgau gave Souljaboytellem.com an A- while giving ITCOCK a D+, why should I care about his worthless opinions

The Long Run [Asylum, 1979]
Not as country-rocky as you might expect--the Eagles are pros who adapt to the times, and they make the music tough. I actually enjoy maybe half of these songs until I come into contact with the conceited, sentimental woman-haters who are doing the singing. I mean, these guys think punks are cynical and antilife? Guys who put down "the king of Hollywood" because his dick isn't as big as John David Souther's? C+

Little Earthquakes [Atlantic, 1991]
She's been raped, and she wrote a great song about it: the quietly insane "Me and a Gun." It's easily the most gripping piece of music here, and it's a cappella. This means she's not Kate Bush. And though I'm sure she's her own person and all, Kate Bush she'd settle for. C+

i hate this faggot so much

Dr. Dre -- 2001 [Aftermath/Interscope, 2000]
It's a New Millennium, but he's Still S.L.I.M.E. How Eminem survived all the misogyny conditioning to grow into the sensitive spouse we know today I'll never understand. A "family man" when he's explaining why he fled the 'hood, on the very next track Dre drips contempt for the wife he's dogging and the other husbands' wives he's sodomizing--apparently because his real-life wife told him that would be commercial, rendering him a liar more ways than Eminem himself could comprehend. For an hour, with time out for some memorable Eminem tracks, Dre degrades women every way he can think of, all of which involve his dick ("the whole eight," as this master of poetic license puts it). Best friend S. Dogg, bad speller Kurupt, and Dat 'Ho Ms. Roq are among the hangers-on who'll take his (really Eminem's) money when (and if) he writes the check. And just when you thought it was safe to discard your vomit bag he goes out on a tearjerker about a dead homey. Wottan innovator. C

Brand New Eyes [Fueled By Ramen, 2009]
Hayley girl, it's ok to rock out, it's ok to agonize sometimes, but you really don't need to yell so much ("Careful", "Ignorance") *

After Laughter [Fueled By Ramen, 2017]
pseudo-pop from faux-punk people ("Hard Times", "Caught in the Middle") *

i thought you were fucking joking lmao

Nellyville [Universal/'Fo Real, 2002] *bomb*

Musical don'ts
>listening to any opinion from Christgau