ITT: share an album you think is overrated and one thats underrated. both albums have to come from the same group tho

ITT: share an album you think is overrated and one thats underrated. both albums have to come from the same group tho.

ill start:

>Goo overrated
>Sister underrated

Attached: b0e7d25f06b6032a0b2b160b068a18e6abebd13be8b8bc0128950b53b70c0567.jpg (400x400, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JphWi_GOIao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Overrated
Banana album
>Underrated
White Light White Heat

Siouxsie & The Banshees
>overrated
Juju
>underrated
Join Hands

>Overrated
The Money Store
>Underrated
Government Plates

>Overrated
Showbiz
>Underrated
The 2nd Law

>O
Rocket To Russia
>U
Too Tough to Die

I never hear people talk about goo, dirty was how goo should’ve sound. Sister is their best imo next to bad moon rising

lmao "banana album" one of the greatest, most infleuntial albums of all time vs a 6 song album (loaded is better anyways tbqh)

goo was what blew them up my goy. you can't tell me with a straight face youve never seen a poster or tshirt with the album art before

2nd law is def underrated
I don’t like sister at all desu
Don’t get the appeal
Only slightly overrated
Maybe underrated by the majority of “normal” people but I wouldn’t say it’s lacking acclaim

Of course we’ve seen the album art everywhere I’m from New York so it’s at every venue.
I don’t like goo it’s boring for me and sounds bland

What do you dislike about it? I love the way guitars sound on that record next to the drums. Thurston sounds his best on it. I think lee sounds better on daydream

>what blew them up
>you can't tell me you've never seen a poster or tshirt with the album art
that's what fucking overrated means you clown

>overrated
Houdini
>underrated
Freak Puke

>overrated
Dopesmoker
>underrated
Volume One

>Overrated
Hatful Of Hollow
>Underrated
The World Won't Listen

>white album
>maladroit

>overrated
In the court of the crimson king
>underrated
Islands

Based As fuck

Cringe

>Overrated
In The Wake Of Poseidon. I see it often on here described as some of King Crimson's best, but to me it's my least favourite out of ITCOCK, Red, Larks' Tongues, Lizard, and Discipline. I just don't get it.
>Underrated
Wind and Wuthering. One for the Vine and Blood on the Rooftops are amazing songs and I really enjoy the entire album save for Your Own Special Way, which is the only real low point for me. Everything else is fantastic but I never see it discussed when Genesis is brought up.

>overrated
weezer
>underrated
phish

not from the same artist retard

Shit I'm fucking retarded sorry

Attached: brainlet 3.png (403x448, 53K)

>Overrated
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
>Underrated
Diamond Dogs

>Overrated
Bringing It All Back Home. The electric stuff is fine and fun but compared to the next two albums its incredibly weak. The folk side has a lot of the worst aspects of Dylan's lyricism and feels v underdeveloped, again especially in comparison to his next albums.
>Underrated
The Basement Tapes. It has Dylan embracing this simplistic Americana songwriting style and it suits him very well, and it has a bunch of The Band's best melodies.

Attached: bob-dylan-7-raw.jpg (288x406, 12K)

people who say itwop is best have literally only listened to itwop and itcotck. that being said, pictures of a city, cadence and cascade, and cat food, are fucking bangers.

>overrated
In The Court of The Crimson King
yes, i love it, and yes, easy target, but it's still overrated compared to all their other albums
>underrated
Beat
people love discipline and shit on beat, but both albums are on equal footing in my book

alt.
>overrated
Thrak
>underrated
SABB
good posts. neurotica, requiem, sartori in tangier are hugely overlooked, especially on this board. there's even something to say about sleepless and industry

Based as fuck, Basement Tapes is one of the comfiest albums ever recorded imo. My dad had the double CD and I listened to it all the time as a kid, lots of good memories associated with it

Hell yea man it's such a fun album. Whenever Orange Juice Blues comes on it puts me in a great mood.

If anyone has reccs of comfy Americana that's similar I'd really appreciate it.

>Rated R
>Villains

Attached: josh-homme-the-red-bulletin.jpg (1500x1000, 169K)

>overrated
Aja - warm fantasy
>underrated
Gaucho - cold reality

i actually just recently came around to sabb, and now fracture is easily in my top 5 kc songs. i still haven't gotten there with islands though. idk if it's boz's voice or just the generally chill vibe of the whole thing, it just never quite does it for me

SABB is much harder to click with than something like red. probably why it's so underrated. fracture is great, but the really underrated parts are the shorter ones like "we'll let you know" or "trio"
i couldn't get islands for the longest time too. one day i heard "ladies of the road" on shuffle and that's when it reallu hit me. after that, it was the strings piece, "song of the gulls", then the groovy guitar driven bit on "sailor's tale". before i knew it, islands was as high up as the other classics. give it a go, user, there's good stuff there

I'd wear a T-shirt with this pic on it

>overrated
Moving Pictures
>underrated
Caress of Steel

based
youtube.com/watch?v=JphWi_GOIao

>overrated
Black Celebration
>underrated
Some Great Reward
SGR is literally BC with less filler

is polehole supposed to be frog CP?

>Overrated
Symbolic (still great but not their top album)
>Underrated
Spiritual Healing

Banana is rated fine. WLWH seems to be appreciated as well.
Well yeah Juju is not top-tier goth.
TMS is overrated but not as much as everything post-JD & NOTM. GP is underrated to be fair.
Agreed but ASA is more underrated.
That's literaly a compilation album wtf
Nah. ITCOTCK deserves all attention and Thrak is more underrated.
Retarded post due to its structure but nevertheless, who the fuck ever says ITWOP is the best? It's good, but not a single person has ever preferred it over its 4 top albums.
(it's a hyperbole if you can't tell).
Eh idk. Playing the Angel and even S&S are more underrated, SGW is rated just fine. I love BC though, it's their top 3

Attached: 2656291.jpg (500x500, 85K)

Another one:

>Overrated
The Seer (or basically anything nu-Swans but that one the most)
>Underrated
White Light From the Mouth of Infinity

>Overrated
Pom Pom
>Underrated
Literally anything before Before Today but I'll go with The Doldrums

>O
Beard, Wives, Denim
>U
Hobo Rocket

pic related
>Overrated
>Underrated
Controversy

Attached: 870px-Prince_logo.svg_.png (870x1024, 16K)

>overrated
98.12.28 男達の別れ
>underrated
空中キャンプ

long season is still overrated

You're definitely right about wind and wuthering but I think abacab is another underrated album shit on because they were trying something new (except who dunnit which is the worst thing they ever did)

What I like to do is take bread, cut the crust off and throw it on the ground, then put mustard and pear slices in a blender and spread the mix on my naked bread. Then i microwave it and wa la: Toast with sauce.

also

>Overrated
It takes a Nation of Millions
>Underrated
Wonderful Rainbow

Attached: Dyk3y8DWwAIdzpq.jpg (800x800, 31K)

Jane's Addiction

>Overrated
Nothing's Shocking
>Underrated
Strays

>Overrated
Smile
>Underrated
Smiley Smile

Attached: problem with that, faggots? .jpg (299x168, 8K)

Wrong.

>Overrated
Pet Sounds
>Underrated
Love You

Smiley Smile is dope though.

Attached: oaaa_beachboys.jpg (1012x1233, 678K)

>overrated
banbana album
>underrated
s/t

>Overrated
Leaves Turn Inside You
>Underrated
The Future of What

I actually agree with you about Pet Sounds.

>Overrated
Moondance
>Underrated
Saint Dominic's Preview

>Overrated
Transformer
>Underrated
Street Hassle

>Overrated
Daydream Nation
>Underrrated
Sonic Youth

>Overrated
Aladdin Sane
>Underrated
The Next Day

>Overrated
To Be Kind
>Underrated
Anonymous Bodies In An Empty Room

>Overrated
Merriweather Post Pavalion
>Underrated
Strawberry Jam

>Overrated
Dots and Loops
>Underrated
Sound-Dust

>Overrated
Children of God
>Underrated
My Father Will Guide Me

Weezer
>overrated
The Blue Album
>Underrated
EWBAITE

Attached: original_449.jpg (1000x1000, 807K)

>Overrated
Kill 'Em All
>Underrated
Death Magnetic

are you having a stroke

Cope

>Underrated
Reek of Putrefaction
>Overrated
Heartwork

>underrated
mr bungle s/t
>overrated
any of the rym top 100

yes, DM is very underrated, good bost

Attached: guitarfu.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

that's the point idiot

based janes addiction poster

Maybe things have changed, but I think the album with pap, somebody, and br was rated quite highly...

He was way more underrated albums than that, like Come, The Undertaker, Gold Experience, 2112, etc. Controversy is pretty well regarded.