How did he have so many hits?

How did he have so many hits?

Attached: GettyImages_83321303.0.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

>Free Falling
>I Won't Back Down
>?????

Yeah wow so many numerous hits

he was a good songwriter

Attached: Capture.png (229x681, 31K)

Normies

he's before my time, how big was he in his heyday?

i know a couple of his songs from the radio like free falling, running down the dream, i wont back down, last dance with mary jane, and a couple others but he doesnt seem as big of a name as say like MJ was. people my age dont really know him.

fuck off

>he doesnt seem as big of a name as say like MJ was
>he's not as big as the biggest pop artist in history
wow!

He was based, plain and simple

boomer

>people my age dont really know him.
People our age don't know really Dean Martin but he was still huge in his time. That's a stupid metric to judge how relevant an artist used to be.

this.

95% of all popular music from the 70s - 90s is probably forgotten by zoomers. That doesn't mean it wasn't popular.

jesus calm down you old fucks i want to learn about music history

A lot of people liked his music, thus they became many hits

i'm 19
if you don't know every song on his greatest hits album you're ignorant

Rurals like tom petty, urbans hate him.

Tom petty is based as fuck btw

i know 10 of them, that's pretty good honestly
that's most of the album
his songs do get radio play still

Ok dumb-dumb.

Basically story goes like this:
>talented kid from Florida forms a southern rock band in the late 60s, get signed, but doesn't really go anywhere
>moves to LA to make his career, forms a new band with some of the most talented people he can find called the "Heartbreakers", puts out a great debut album in '76 which didn't go anywhere at first but soon became a big hit with several big hits (particularly on rock stations)
>basically fills the Springsteen-shaped hole in people's hearts (as heartland rock is now blowing up and Springsteen was going in a less commercial direction at the time)
>next album isn't as good but has some minor hits
>become renowned as a live act
>third album "Damn the Torpedoes" is another classic with big hits
>next two albums are ok but with big hits
>takes a three year break before coming back with a big MTV hit and ok album
>goes solo in 87 with many of the biggest radio/mtv hits of his career and solid album to boot
>performs in a band with Bob Dylan, George Harrison, and Roy Orbison, has more hits
>reunites the Heartbreakers, has more hits
>puts out another good solo album in 94, his last foray into the mainstream
>not very great albums or singles for the last 20 years of his career, but always a good live act

so he's comparable to springsteen? that sounds right. i like his stuff i just havent met anyone who knows much about him besides my parents.

I know these because they were on my local classic rock station all the time growing up
>Breakdown
>American Girl
>Refugee
>Don't Do Me Like That
>Even the Losers
>The Waiting
>You Got Lucky
>Don't Come Around Here
>I Won't Back Down
>Free Fallin'
>Running Down a Dream
>Learning to Fly
>Great Wide Open
>Mary Jane's Last Dance

Don't sweat it, zoomers are a fucking retarded generation. The fact you're at least willing to learn about the legends is a step above the others.

Yes, basically the same in that he broke out doing heartland rock in the mid-70s, but was much bigger in the 80s.

Springsteeen had better and more classic albums, but Petty had a much longer run of long-lasting singles/rock radio hits (whereas in Bruce's case, really only the 3-4 biggest singles of Born in the USA still are played these days)

I still here Born to Run fairly regularly when driving with my dad. Not a Jersey native.

DONT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE A REFUGEEEEEE

Ok yeah that too. But otherwise, most of his older hits are no longer in rotation.