Mid-way through 2019: AOTYSF?

Attached: topsters2 (8).png (1417x367, 572K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oloff.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-want-to-know-a-secret
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Injury Reserve if the upcoming MadGibbs album isn't better

probably titanic rising or girl with basket of fruit. I'm reserving any judgement until new HANL and the Black Midi debut come out

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2080x374, 87K)

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Attached: A247545B-719C-4626-8A1C-E77AAB94F98E.png (312x630, 446K)

Attached: topsters2 (34).jpg (1452x374, 67K)

what's the first album
based except flying lotus

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (1452x374, 169K)

>based except flying lotus
cringe

it's worse than their debut dumbass

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2416x913, 238K)

>their
also confirmed for shite unbased taste

Elephantine, based choice

I should get around to listening to that fennesz album, it's been sitting in my library for a while now fuck

Attached: 2019 June 4x4 AOTY.png (1600x1600, 3.7M)

A.A. Bondy - Enderness

sorry for not caring about artists i dont like

Gece- Altin Gün

What are the names for these albums?

Probably Hiding Places

from left to right
Waste of Space Orchestra - Syntheosis
Hymnambulae - Nausikaa
Бaтюшкa - Пaнихидa
Maurice Louca - Elephantine
The Chi Factory - The Mantra Recordings

bump

Flylo is based but that new record is certainly unbased and boring

I only know IGOR. Which are the other?

what record is number 2?? pls help

is this your first day on the board?

1. AA Bondy - Enderness

2. Billy Woods- Hiding Places

3. Big Thief - UFOF

4. Tyler - Igor

5. Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

Kevin and the Bikes- Dork Core 101

+Billy Woods, Weyes Blood
This
Did you like Anoyo more or less than Konoyo? My only gripe is that it's too short but I dig the live instrumentation taking a more prominent role
I need to listen to that Batyushka album again
+Black To Comm, Avey Tare, Timmy
How's that Eluvium album? Only ever listened to Lambent Material, the Jesu split and False Readings On
Only listened to that JDML album, Oslo was pretty nice

Attached: topsters2 (22).jpg (1984x644, 232K)

Attached: 2019.png (2381x1328, 623K)

>british murder boys, suicamp and meitei
absolutely based

>No Nicola Cruz
>No Jessica Pratt
>No Quelle Chris
LMAO, imagine being this plugged into the Yea Forums matrix

Attached: OBJECTIVE AOTYSF.png (395x976, 149K)

>accuses others of being plugged into Yea Forums matrix
>just posts albums on rym top charts
wow what a forward thinking brilliant nomad of contemporary music

ariana grande
tyler
carly rae
saor
numenorean

oloff.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-want-to-know-a-secret

#1 by a country mile and it's not even a fucking contest. Possibly the best album of the decade.

that saor album is corny as fuck but I love it
numenorean was big snooze though

>this lazy of a self-promotion
sorry, toledo already hurt this board too much for this shit to work

WholeLottaRed

Attached: topsters2 (23).png (2532x913, 547K)

peggy still slipped through the cracks though

I don't use RYM but I appreciate you confirming my excellent taste

Lol. This has been posted on here like 100 times and that's how I've heard it. The only reason it's not getting press is because of the subject matter, it's a literal masterpiece.

what is the point of posting charts that are just rearranged rym top charts shit?

based individuals actually posting music i haven't seen

Worst taste ITT.

thanks for the (You)s

Probably because people are choosing their favorites, not their most obscure favorites.

>let me just post a picture of five albums everyone's already heard anyway and discuss nothing
wow great contributions this board is real awesome guys everyone has such good taste upvotes all around my good gentlesirs!!

>doesn't post his own
weak bait

Because posting mediocre music that just happened to come out in 2019 really isn't any better than posting legitimately good although well-known music that came out in 2019

He said album of the year so far, not obscure new music for everyone to check out. You can go make a thread about that, this is for albums of the year. When people collectively choose their most top favorites they tend to reflect RYM because a lot of Yea Forums users use that website. Get your head out of your ass and lurk more.

This. Anyone can look up a list of albums that came out in 2019 but none of that matters if it's shit. I listened to Theon Cross - Fyah off
and it's not bad or anything, but there's definitely very good reasons no one is talking about this music. It's mediocre and not worth discussion

these are the only ones ive listened to all the way thru
any reccs from this year

Attached: topsters2.png (1664x374, 90K)

why do you act like differences in opinion aren't a thing

>being this obvious of a redditor sheep and telling ME to lurk moar

There's plenty more I've liked but these ones are what I feel most sure about though the bottom 10 I'm not so sure of wrt how I'd rank them.
Ignoring posts that don't include album titles in them on principle.

Dogrel was a fun one iirc, I need to give it another listen though. Also keep seeing that Ohtis album getting love but I've never heard of him/them. Don't even know the genre but I'll have to give it a shot.
Great pick with Chemical Flowers, been liking that a lot since my first listen.
>AA Bondy - Enderness
Holy shit, had no idea he had a new album out this year, I'm DLing that right away, thanks for pointing it out and I hope it's as good as you're implying.
All-around really solid, though I can't judge the second and fifth ones since I don't really listen to metal.
++Elder Ones - From Untruth and Machinefabriek - With Voices
Would probably have those on mine but I've got to hear them again.
>Calling people "le based" just because you haven't seen some of the music in their posts
They could be fucking awful for all you know then. Nothing wrong with listening to and really liking something that's well-known either.

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2811x1452, 406K)

What did you find mediocre about it? I'm curious

>le redditr meem
Yea this is embarrassing. Go back to your mommy, bud.

The new Vehemence album and Goonwick 2

Guarantee you haven't listened to Enderness from the OP but continue your diatribe.

The most I can say about it is that I liked the drumming, but it feels like yet another 2010s jazz album with no flair or uniqueness whatsoever. Candace of Meroe had some interesting experimentation going on, but overall it's an album that stands on the novelty of having a virtuoso tuba player and nothing else. It's just a bland album that also happens to have a tuba player on it. Compared to a much older album like Horacee Arnold - Tales of the Exonerated Flea (and yeah I get that the subgenres don't exactly match up) it just feels so dull

>Also keep seeing that Ohtis album getting love but I've never heard of him/them. Don't even know the genre but I'll have to give it a shot.

country/blues with tight song composition and well written confessional lyrics mostly about addiction

>any reccs from this year
literally the entire thread is recs m8 people are posting their favorites and mostly ones you haven't heard

I disagree about your disparaging of 2010s jazz as a whole, but I understand that's a minority opinion on my part. I'm kind of surprised that you actually had a reasonable assessment here, considering your original post was along the line of "lol just pretending to like obscure music" bait. kinda confusing

Attached: topsters2 (37).png (913x374, 108K)

u.f.o.f

>skm
hes put out so many albums in the last couple years i sometimes forget about all of them. bay of kotor is just lovely

what a pathetic year for music

Wow you're so fucking interesting man crazy

u mad bro?

It's this and not even close

Attached: download (15).jpg (225x225, 9K)

it's been a good year so far

Attached: 2019.png (2374x913, 1.81M)

In no specific order

>Reward ~ Cate Le Bon
>Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
>No Geography ~ Chemical Brothers
>U.F.O.F ~ Big Thief
>Father of the Bride ~ Vampire Weekend
>Sli’merre ~ Young Nuddy/Pierre Bourne
>Igor ~ Tyler the Creator

that billy woods albums is incredible. last years armand hammer album (billy woods + elucid) has easily become one of my favorite albums of all time. this isn't too far behind, i can even see myself prefering this one after some more time. often times i really don't care for the word salad abstract hip hop stuff but billy woods is different. the instrumentals on this are like nothing else. billy woods has the weird ability to make phrases he says stuck in my head as if it was a catchy pop chorus. for example on spongebog when he says "It's only one God, what we yelled in Tora Bora, The bombs was on us, the bombs was on us, Came back to God like, Mothafucka, you promised, you promised". the emotion and strength in his voice when he says some of that stuff which i don't even understand just sticks with me.

Yeah Paraffin was my AOTY last year and Hiding Places beats it for me. Production, lyricism, themes all hit home for me.

He has a great way of painting pictures and delivering sincerity with his tone that it makes the records great to enjoy even if you dont understand everything.

post yours, coward

Attached: 2019.png (1891x913, 302K)

industry won m8, we're talking about exactly what they want us to talk about, hell, not even talking, posting the album art is good enough

Thanks for the info friend-o, I rarely get a country album that I really like a lot but I'll definitely have to give it a listen.

Does anyone else gain interest in new albums solely on the premise of cover art? Of course if it intrigues me I'll look at specifics, but from skimming through 2019 releases I haven't heard yet I only gan interest if the album art is good

Attached: 1559288917336.jpg (3537x3335, 888K)

but unironically

Attached: dorkcore.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

For me, It's Leak 04-13 (Bait Ones).

Attached: 220px-Jai_Paul_-_Leak_04-13_(Bait_Ones).png (220x220, 99K)

nice
flylo and avey tare are shit
obscure picks, a couple are on my list to listen to

any recs based on my albums?

Attached: topsters2 (1).jpg (2217x1505, 405K)

Attached: Eagle Creek.jpg (2000x2000, 748K)

Attached: IGOR.jpg (700x467, 74K)

bump