ITunes to shut down. Announcement next week

>genius.com/a/apple-will-announce-the-end-of-itunes-next-week

>Apple will announce the end of iTunes at its developer conference next Monday, replacing the all-encompassing media store with separate apps for music, TV, and podcasts on its computers.

Press F to pay respects.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 4.57.01 PM.png (1392x1284, 924K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macintoshhowto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ipod.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

S

F

I hope iTunes match stays in some capacity, I have over 20,000 songs backed up with that, many of them unavailable on streaming services

Attached: vestapol.jpg (620x620, 76K)

>buying music

why cant leave everything as it is if no one is complaining?

shit the music player will still be available though right?

If someone can recommend a better music playing software that runs on mac it would be appreciated

the end of an era. You all know Yea Forums's heading toward the same fate right?

Can anyone recommend a free app for Mac to transfer mp3 albums via USB from Mac to iOS without using iTunes?

Attached: 2F0A2CB1-BF69-4490-B6D9-117F1BDDCDB8.jpg (2048x1536, 185K)

>replacing the all-encompassing media store with separate apps for music, TV, and podcasts on its computers
That sounds like a positive in every way.

Attached: 1558880466025.jpg (500x375, 29K)

you know there's other music players right?

>trusting apple
lol

Is it going to affect the media player
I swear to fucking god if i have to import my entire library again i will lose it

what the fuck does this mean for my library?

Apple keeps discontinuing all their shit that's actually good and brings in garbage nobody wants.

this
and before anyone shits on me for using itunes, I still have an ipod

I think it just means that iTunes is being broken up into separate apps like ‘music’, ‘movies’ etc. so it looks like all of your iTunes library will just move over to a new ‘music’ app
I hope so anyway

S
i remember falling for that shit in like 2006, couldn't sync my pirated shit with their shit, uninstalled and stayed away ever since

press "S" to spit

S

>I still have an ipod
Serves you right for being a mongoloid who doesn't use a mobile phone with a 256 micro SD card.

Which is great. Music needs to be its own app. iTunes has become way to heavy with all the other shit packed into it. I am just hoping there is now "Apple Music +" like TV+ or NEWS+ bullshit. Just give me one solid app with a clean UI where I can easily import any MP3s.

I meant to type:

>hoping there is "NO" Apple Music + **

is the music player still going to be available? i have two ipods, i need it.

Attached: no.jpg (712x712, 30K)

t. phone-using npc

iPods have less storage and worse audio quality than modern phones you fucking retard.

>iPods have less storage and worse audio quality than modern phones you fucking retard.

Attached: 00000io.jpg (842x792, 30K)

and that's a good thing

breddy much

god I hope so

Keep gurgling on that corporate cock, bugboi.

Wait, what the fuck. Will I not be able to use anymore?

I download all my music but iTunes is by FAR the best for organization and I have so many playlists this will JUST me up if I can't use anymore.

I also use the start/end time song features on tracks a loooooooot

i've been meaning to use a new audio player for a while now what do i move to pls help

Attached: 1559274107861.jpg (1140x1554, 369K)

>have iphone
>have nothing but pirated mp3
>can't sync to phone anymore
guess i'm going back to android

Rest in piss bitch, I'm laughing at everyone that actually wasted money on that bullshit

>worse audio quality than modern phones you fucking retard.
source for that ridiculous claim my man?

This only sucks if you're an iPhone user who pirated music and only used iTunes to sync it to the phone. That being said I am one of those cucks and I refuse to use streaming services so this kinda blows.

Which media player, if any, are compatible with ipod classics and nanos? I need to prepare for the worst.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANONONOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (500x500, 1.2M)

Why are people in the article comments saying they want to pirate all they can now "before it ends"? You'll still be able to pirate music and place it on your device of choice.

Are you able to put pirated music on your iPhone
without using iTunes to sync it up? I don't have an iPhone so I don't know how it works exactly.

I don't why, maybe because they think the new app won't allow upload/plays of pirated music.

Because it's on genius and I'm 99% sure everyone who comments there is actually illiterate or just mindbogglingly retarded.

>shit the music player will still be available though right?
yes

source? i don't see it in the op article

for mac? I use Quod Libet
not too many people know about it, but it's pretty practical and easy to use, supports for all kinds of media formats (including FLAC), smart replay gain, ratings-weighted random playback, Unicode tags, built-in Internet radio, configurable user interface, advanced library management, etc
I like it more than itunes

it says they just spliting up itunes into different apps instead of the one. says in the article there will be a music only one for purchasing, streaming and playing music

no more bloated itunes

this is a good thing

>Quod Libet
This looks pretty good. I've been using Clementine for a while, it's been okay.

>old bloated fossile piece of shit is getting split up into three different applications
There's literally 0 downside to this.

It's literally objectively true you morons.
Source: macintoshhowto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ipod.pdf

>From these measurements it is obvious that the new audio circuit of the iPod Classic is badly engineered compared to the iPod Video:
>Treble has a slight uplift.
>The group delay is not linear over the frequency range.
>There is significant intermodulation distortion with a 22.1kHz component.

There, you retards. How does it feel to waste money on a garbage media player?

>Keep gurgling on that corporate cock
>said the Apple fanboy
holy shit lmao

Thank god, I fucking hated iTunes, it was the biggest fucking piece of shit I've ever used. I switched to winAMP with no regrets
S

Winamp hasn't been updated in years,it has more security holes than your mother's fishnets.

the time has come, boys.

hope you're all ready for the dark times ahead of us.

S

It worked which is much more than I can say for iTunes

just use windows media player faggots

Enjoy being hacked!

Fuck that. I'll stick to Groove

so they're removing all the bloat no one ever used anyway? good

and all the digital albums you purchased through the itunes store

"poof"

there's your physical music catelogue for ya
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

t. knew this day would come.

t. ignorant tomber

no. kiss all your money goodbye

Surely you just transfer the files over via USB.

it's just going to update into a new app, nobody's losing any music

they're scrapping iTunes and turning it into a full-blown entertainment center (music, games, TV, streaming)

you deserve it
i have 4 ipods currently in use. none of them are sync with itunes. you would have to be an idiot to use itunes to save/transfer your music files.

time to unplug your mac/pc from the internet forever. brick that shit up

damn it. this hurts.

iTunes and I have been through fucking hell and back together.

>iTunes is dead
>oh wait, there will be a program with about the same functionality called Music
Why does anyone care about this again?

And they are all ugly pieces of shit.

Kinda the opposite, instead of centralised app, they are going with one for each function.

Attached: stuffy.jpg (474x459, 27K)

>defending itunes AND trusting apple
kys. no better yet keep trusting apple

Why wouldn't you sync it with iTunes? It never had any issues with my pirated music.

>ignorant
t. hypocrite for using itunes in the first place.

of course i use mp3 files don't be an imbecile

I just use iTunes as a music library so w/e.

All of my albums have their own folders anyways so I'm not losing shit. Kind of pissed about my iPod though

imagine willfully using proprietary software and getting fucked over by the "updates" that they push
if iTunes was free as in freedom someone could just fork the old version

Attached: 1500143825435.jpg (480x652, 36K)

this is funny news considering a new iPod was released last week

You still can download old versions of it. Besides, if it was made by freetards, it'd be an ugly abomination. Even something that tries to look aight like Clementine looks like a school project next to iTunes.

ffs you dont need itunes to manage your ipod tracks

Attached: 1536718678686.jpg (494x466, 108K)

I refuse to update iTunes ever again

the next update will be "the one"

F

I've been using iTunes since I was like 8 man, just the way I do it

>apps
we're talking about the desktop you fucking stupid retard, kill yourself

and then if some new audio format comes out or the program becomes incompatible with newer operating systems you'll eventually have to switch to something else
>Even something that tries to look aight like Clementine looks like a school project next to iTunes
that's because they're made to be software that works, not some gay calarts art project

iTunes is literally a desktop application aka an "app"

Groove is the move, people

>fuck iTunes
>fuck VLC
>fuck windows media player

This
plus anyone that pirates non-obscure stuff deserves to be locked up

nobody calls desktop programs "apps". if they do I will personally destroy them

A lot of marketing people and zoomers do

that's not really helping your point

An application IS a program, sperglord.

>then if some new audio format comes out
Yeah, the likelihood doesn't seem too high.
>the program becomes incompatible with newer operating systems
You do realize that the main version is basically part of MacOS right? Too bad for Windows fags but their version of iTunes always was crappy either way.
>that's because they're made to be software that works
Making a nice UI improves the experience. Basically all media players work, it's the finer details that make people choose theirs.

my music studio powermac (used mostly for music production) is unplugged from the internet for this very reason. the number of times the mac shits itself due to automatic updates at the will of apple corp is incredible

just cause we don't call dogs "canines" all the time doesn't mean they're not one

stop paying for it and they'll stop doing it

>can't even set up a mac and disable updates
Jesus.

I'm not the other guy you were talking to.
The use of the word "app" makes me cringe too, I'm just saying, you know

>It's literally objectively true you morons.
>Source: macintoshhowto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ipod.pdf
>>From these measurements it is obvious that the new audio circuit of the iPod Classic is badly engineered compared to the iPod Video:
>>Treble has a slight uplift.
>>The group delay is not linear over the frequency range.
>>There is significant intermodulation distortion with a 22.1kHz component.
>There, you retards. How does it feel to waste money on a garbage media player?
>>Keep gurgling on that corporate cock
>>said the Apple fanboy
>holy shit lmao

Attached: 9ujiji.jpg (511x515, 38K)

i'm not the guy the other guy was talking to either, lol

some of the daws i run wont let you diable updates. i do it all manually. sound I/Os are a pain the ass the maintain defualt consitancy. but you would know that. i blame Avid

hold me bros. I still remember raiding all my friends' iTunes libraries throughout high school & college.

enjoy being a sillywilly!

seething

Put me all on Google play music on your computer and then on your phone

>tfw almost switched to an iPhone but decided to keep my Android for a little while
get fucked applefags

Attached: 1554593157830.png (680x661, 262K)

China and Russia aint playin man!