What do you think of The Police?

What do you think of The Police?

Attached: 61hw-R4GKrL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 47K)

fuck the police

Fuck the police

The greatest band of the New Wave. Stewart is the most based musician to ever live. Likewise, Zenyatta Mondatta is the actual peak New Wave album and actual best 80’s album. They conquered the world and should’ve been the Beatles/Zeppelin of the 80’s but it was not to be and U2 took their spot and have held it ever since.

Zenyatta>Reggatta>Synchronicity>Ghost=Outlandos. Top 3 are 9/10 and lower 2 are 7/10

I’m sure by the time I finish typing this there will be one or two fuck the Police replies. It’s really hard to talk about them here or anywhere.

>I’m sure by the time I finish typing this there will be one or two fuck the Police replies.

Attached: 1547082592627.jpg (210x240, 30K)

WASN'T ME

I think the police is a good band?

Attached: mbrothers.jpg (343x218, 25K)

Regatta>Synchronicity>Zenyatta>Ghost>Outlandos

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE GETS MY

Synchronicity>Ghost>Outlandos>Zenyatta>Regatta

Zenyatta>Ghost>Synchronicity>Regatta>Outlandos

Pretty reasonable where I live

One of the best bands ever with no bad songs

I’m gonna bump this thread with my hot take from a few days ago.

Nirvana is the 90’s version of the Police but without as much talent.
>Three pieces with a pretty boy charismatic singer songwriter who could write darker themed lyrics
>Fun drummer who always gives good interviews
>Third member who is in the shadow of the other two but has his moments within the band
>Were the kings of the alt rock scene in their time but never held a total monopoly on it
>Combined two popular styles of the time(reggae and punk vs punk and metal) both weren’t the first to do it but both were good at combining pop hooks to make it palatable to the public
>Short discography
Again the difference is the Police were smarter and better musicians but not as influential because it takes a lot of training to get good at your instrument as opposed to Nirvana’s simpler style

boomer tier shit. op probably buys monster in palettes.

Love em. Reggatta De Blanc is one of my favorite albums

Their music never really grabbed me. They had a few good songs and were undoubtedly great musicians. They just never seemed to settle into a place where I got where they were coming from. They were trying to be street, artsy and intellectual at the same time, and it never rang true for me. Especially when they're sneaking in some reggae influence, dropping references to Nabokov and wielding synthesizer guitars. How is that shit supposed to hang together? To me they ended up looking like the pussy version of the Clash. Sting's voice and stupid pseudonym didn't help their case along those lines.

Zenyatta = Outlandous > Reggatta > Ghost > Synchronicity

>Every breath you take
>Every move you make
>Every smile you fake
>Every vow you break
>I'll be watching you
Funny CIA joke.

Attached: 1543625191757.png (1290x31, 9K)

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY FAGS OR WHAT
SEARCH A NIGGA DOWN AND GRABBING HIS NUTS

ACAB

They only sounded sort of "street" on their debut. After that they made classy pop. Sting is a chode but they jelled in a way that few bands do and never made a bad album.

>After that they made classy pop.
I suppose so. To my ears it was always lacking in power. They never hit the kind of pop rock meets synths (and lots of coke) vibe the Cars put across nor was it the art school kids rocking out like the Talking Heads. To me the Police always sounded like a reggae obsessed pop rock band that had been chemically castrated, preferring ethereal stuff that floated above the pulse rather than digging in and bothering to rock in any meaningful sense.

>88099749
I fucking hate The Police. Literally there to uphold capitalism and maintain white supremecist power structures.

To everyone saying they never made a bad album: Ghost in the Machine might not be bad, but it sure as fuck does not hold up to repeated listening.

It's their best

half of that album is completely unlistenable and the other half is brilliant
i would say that about all of their albums to be honest

>half of that album is completely unlistenable and the other half is brilliant
To me the brilliant parts are a little less than half. Most of that record sounds like filler to me.

Sting was an ugly version of Billy Idol

pigs

I’d call them subtle with the sometimes big exception of Copeland. Copeland mystifies me. He could be a madman at times and yet still find sly ways to slip a strange beat in. I can get why you think they have no bite. They’re not straight soft rock but they’re almost anti-hard rock. I think it’s telling that Ozzy has a beef with them and does still slag Sting. I almost want to call them the Steely Dan of the New Wave. There’s definitely some jazz fusion subtlety going on but with a little space-rock and prog rock tendencies.

It’s almost the opposite for me. Ghost takes a few listens to click for me: then it feels like a much Synth-ier Zenyatta. I do like it but dock it a little because the others are so immediately brilliant.
I’d say sixty percent brilliant, thirty percent good, and ten percent garbage.(mostly the Andy tunes) They have a brilliant 2 cd best of that is perfection and I think their five albums and b sides can fit on 4 cds

RUSH is better

>almost want to call them the Steely Dan of the New Wave.
I would agree with you there, but to me that's not a good thing - I have no love for Steely Dan.

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE