Literally the only artist worth listening to in hip hop right now

Literally the only artist worth listening to in hip hop right now.

Attached: E075B78C-9AFF-45F9-B4EE-2F2794AD103E.jpg (449x593, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnlJw9H0xAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's not tyler, the creator.

>hip hop
>worth listening to

cringe

I have never seen such horrible taste consecutively.

That's not Joyner.

>theweeknd
>hiphop
you are so white

The weeknd is hip-hop, just not rap.

*blocks your path

Attached: injury-reserve-appreciation2jpg.jpg (1200x630, 108K)

I
DON'T
THINK
YOU
UNDERSTAND

he's an rnb pop singer. just because he has lyrics about drugs and strippers doesn't make him hiphop

go
back
to
reddit

The fucking god...I don't think any one understands how unique of an artist he is. He's literally IRREPLACEABLE

Beast coasta nostra

This is what autism looks like friendos

The Weeknd >>>>>>>>>> Frank Ocean

The Weeknd literally is not hip hop and he also is terrible

Have
sex

Whenever a person declares that there is only one artist or band in a particular genre that is worth listening to... or that a genre is "dead", it is essentially a big neon beacon that this person has no knowledge of that genre outside of what popular music "journalists" listen to and cannot be bothered to explore beyond that.

That's not Death Grips.

this thread

Attached: 1555784121488.jpg (960x960, 43K)

I am curious to know which artists you think are genuinely better than him.
I've been meaning to see things from new perspectives, even the perspective of a pretentious faggot

How about something creative, not something that's the same as ten other "artists" who all sound the same

Attached: IC2476711_orig.jpg (658x799, 64K)

Facts only. One sings about Taboo subjects in a way that is so succint and elegant, you have no choice but to listen.
The other just rambles meaningless shit that seems "poetic" but in reality has nothing to say lol

I AGREE. THE WEEKND= THE GOAT
SLEPT ON BECAUSE BOTH BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHERE TO CATEGORIZE HIM LMFAO

unironically ICP is starting to look better day by day

Wasn't he dicking down Selena Gomez.

The weeknd is so much more reddit than tyler though. The weeknd is literally a mainstream pop star disguised as indie and people eat it up.

>literally a mainstream pop star disguised as indie and people eat it up.
He started out Indie dumbass... Besides, do you know how hard it is to effectively transition from indie to polished mainstream artist while retaining edge in your respective genre?

Only answer

Attached: 2e92020a1663f8db52cf14c25a299d9005085b5d.jpg (640x640, 119K)

So did Katy Perry and she also needs people like max martin to actually be successful

Katy Perry didn't create a hybrid genre
She also can't get away with singing about coke on a song that has nearly a billion views.
The Weeknd is a once in a lifetime artist who managed to pair world class musicianship with lowly degenerate themes which makes him appealing to ALL

Literal retard the weeknd is just another industry plant thats literally never done a thing on his own and couldn't even make a semi hit without top tier producers and writers. He's got a great voice though.

Hybrid genre? Of what? Because I swear, if you think mixing R&B with hip hop is anything new, you need to leave.

Weeknd is based. Normies like because of his "muh drugs muh sex" but the real niggas know he is a sonic genius.

His writers and producers are sonic geniuses*

Have any of you fucks listened to his first mixtape? Holy shit you sound ignorant, he literally created a masterpiece as a homeless late teen. What top tier producers? lmao

XXXTentacion literally named him as his biggest influence...He is a god, these niggers better respect him

Noone mixed Indie and RnB before and made it sound decent...He birthed that Frank Ocean guy

No he literally didn't. Do you not have google? He's literally never produced a thing on his own. His mixtape has multiple producers and then he needed top industry writers and producers to finally make his big hits.

The producers wouldn't mean jack shit without him and vice versa, that's what collaboration is. He brings something VERY unique to the table. Do you seriously think there is an artist out there who could replace him without sounding like a ripoff?

There is no artist that is more uncompromising than him that gets his numbers ands thats facts

You can say the same of any pop star. Their sound might be a little different but yeah the same producers could give Drake and a few other artists some of these songs and they would still work, just be branded differently. Like songs are written for Beyonce or Katy and then end up in Rihannas hands and it's all just a slightly different take. He's a good entertainer but idk why people try to make out like he's an amazing musician. He literally had multiple big name producers on his early mixtape when he was supposedly a nobody and then media and other artists(that, surprise just happened to pick up on him and give him a chance even without hits and later absorb the new "indie" label as a subsidiary of UMG) Obviously planted like a motherfucker. His star power owes more to his vocals and looks than any musicianship.

I'm sorry but everytime you compare him to Rihanna or fucking Katy Perry, your argument loses significance. He has the most cohesive discography that never panders to an audience outside his realm, whereas Katy Pery and Rihanna have to reinvent their fucking identity every five years to remain fresh. They have no distinct sound and disassociate into the umbrella genre of Pop music.
The Weeknd's a known perfectionist and is in control of what he has his collaborators make with him. Also, how many people do you know have a song with a billion hits that not so subtely references heavy cocaine use and all other sorts of debauchery? Like I said, Uncompromising.

You dumb nigger that's because they're women in pop and you can't sell women in pop as artists. Some of them do still have distinctive styles and sounds though. And yeah no huge hits have ever referenced drugs before..... as if that's somehow supposed to be impressive anyway lmao what are you like 15?

I bet you also believe he was actually homeless before his music took off too?

He hasn't put out anything good since Trilogy

Okay dumbfuck let me break it down...
-He created his own genre
-He started from nothing there are literally videos of his youth online backing that up
- He influenced most of the current artists in RnB
-The significance of him referencing drugs is that it takes a tremendous amount of songwriting skill to capture the ears of a BILLION people (1/7 of the population) while talking about degenerate shit (for ex: STARBOY) That's usually reserved for a niche audience.
-World class voice

>you can't sell women in pop as artists.
...lmao what

this nigga probably fucked Queen Lana im jealous

Attached: wknd.png (1013x570, 456K)

>"Heaven in her mouth, got a hell of a tongue
I can feel her teeth when I drive on a bump"
I agree w/ OP this man is a savage with his lyrics LUL

You ass deadass believe that 1 billion views equal a billion people shut yo dead ass up

>b-b-but he collaborated on the lyrics AND sang for this really big hit!
-no
-no
-sure "his" music is influential
-no
-sure his voice is top tier
You give him too much personal credit. He's not a musician he's a singer and a lyricist that even has to collaborate on his lyrics. They present him as a solo artist because it looks and sells better. This is literally the same shit they do with every other pop star but they're presenting him differently so you just can't wrap your head around it.

word but NF

youtube.com/watch?v=fnlJw9H0xAM

nigga did you just say no to all of his points...
Umm 3rd grade rebuttal ass

Dang I don't actually like this but that was impressive af more mayo bois need to rap

is it suddenly 2012 again and no one told me

is that ritchie with a t?

What big producers on his first mixtapes I’ll wait

What are you even arguing here? People praise Kurt Cobain but he wrote all of his music with a band. So what? The Weeknd’s music is good even if he worked with producers - how all r&b is made. This is like complaining that someone didn’t do their own engineering on an album

Why wait you clearly have internet access. Don and Cirkut already had hits for other pop stars under their belt. Illangelo wasn't big yet but was probably ghosting for a while. There are others but idk how big they were. You don't just get people that work with Britney Spears and other big projects if you're a poor nobody. Where did all the money for distribution even come from since he was supposedly just a homeless kid. It came from the label he was signed to that also funded absorbed the indie startup for his mixtapes. They do the same kind of thing for almost everyone that they want to build up. Then big publications and other signed acts started spreading word of the mixtapes like he was just some indie kid before there were any hits.

Kurt Cobain wrote music. He wrote melodies and riffs. The Weeknd doesn't write music he's the voice and lyricist just like other pop stars are.

>wasn’t big yet
>don’t know how big they were
Lmao what do you have against The Weeknd user? The music is good. Just enjoy it or listen to something you enjoy no bully

I never said anything bad about the music. I love his shit. There's just no need to pretend he's so much more than a pop star and a good lyricist. You really didn't need a single other producer other than Cirkut and Don named btw, don't try to ignore those two.

lmao why are you trying so hard to dismiss his talent and musicianship?
Nobody give a fuck about Doc's production if the Weeknd wasn't on it.

Got it we basically agree then user

Kurt cobain wrote 99 percent of nirvanas discog all instruments vocals and lyrics alone. The only songs he didn't write fully were marigold (Dave grohls song) and scentless apprentice (a collaborative band effort). Not comparable to weeknd at all

Ok bad example. Plus Cobain couldn’t sing worth a shit or play his instrument competently at all

jesus christ how do people like you find a way onto this board